PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NHL Entry Draft to be held tonight and tomorrow

RuthlessBurgher
06-25-2010, 04:14 PM
We are picking 20th overall, just like we did when we drafted Angelo Esposito a few years ago (then sent him packing a year later in the Benedict Hossa trade).

I expect one goalie (Jack Campbell) and two international skaters (Finland's Mikael Granlund and Russia's Vladimir Tarasenko) to go in the top 20, so we should have the opportunity to draft a top 17 North American skater. I think the top 5 guys in the draft are pretty well set...it is just a question of in what order they get taken. If I had to guess, I'd say Taylor Hall to the Oilers, Tyler Seguin to the Bruins, Erik Gudbranson to the Panthers, Cam Fowler to the Blue Jackets, and Brett Connolly to the Islanders.

NHL Central Scouting has the rest of the top 20 North American Skaters ranked as such in their final rankings

6 +2 BRANDON GORMLEY MONCTON 18-Feb-1992 6' 2" 185 lbs D L 58 9 34 43 54

7 +2 MARK PYSYK EDMONTON 11-Jan-1992 6' 1.25" 174 lbs D R 48 7 17 24 47

8 +5 EMERSON ETEM MEDICINE HAT 16-Jun-1992 6' 0.25" 190 lbs RW L 72 37 28 65 26

9 +2 DEREK FORBORT USA U-18 4-Mar-1992 6' 4.5" 198 lbs D L N.D (10) 26 4 10 14 26

10 +6 RYAN JOHANSEN PORTLAND 31-Jul-1992 6' 2" 192 lbs C R 71 25 44 69 53

11 -4 ALEXANDER BURMISTROV BARRIE 21-Oct-1991 5' 11.25" 157 lbs C L 62 22 43 65 49

12 +2 NINO NIEDERREITER PORTLAND 8-Sep-1992 6' 1.5" 201 lbs RW L 65 36 24 60 68

13 -1 NICK BJUGSTAD BLAINE 17-Jul-1992 6' 3.75" 188 lbs C R MIN (11) 25 29 31 60 24

14 +11 AUSTIN WATSON PETERBOROUGH 13-Jan-1992 6' 3.25" 185 lbs LW R 52 20 34 54 22

15 -5 JOHN MCFARLAND SUDBURY 2-Apr-1992 6' 0.25" 192 lbs LW R 64 20 30 50 70

16 +6 TYLER TOFFOLI OTTAWA 24-Apr-1992 6' 0" 178 lbs C R 65 37 42 79 54

17 +10 DYLAN MCILRATH MOOSE JAW 20-Apr-1992 6' 4.25" 212 lbs D R 65 7 17 24 169

18 +3 TYLER PITLICK MINNESOTA STATE 1-Nov-1991 6' 1.5" 194 lbs C R Freshman 35 10 8 18 27

19 +10 QUINTON HOWDEN MOOSE JAW 21-Jan-1992 6' 2" 182 lbs C L 65 28 37 65 44

20 +3 STANISLAV GALIEV SAINT JOHN 17-Jan-1992 6' 0.75" 178 lbs RW R 67 15 45 60 38

If we are looking for potential scoring on one of our top 2 lines, someone like Tyler Toffoli could be a possibility. If we are looking for a solid two-way forward, then maybe someone like Austin Watson. If we want a toughminded defensive defenseman, then Dylan McIlrath could be your man. If we are looking for defenseman to possibly man the blueline on the power play, then maybe someone like Mark Pysyk. Tune in tonight to find out!!!

RuthlessBurgher
06-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Wow...Cam Fowler has fallen out of the top 10. At this point, I'd consider trying to trade up to get him, since I think he's a top 5 value that projects as a top 2 defenseman.

RuthlessBurgher
06-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Cam Fowler and Brandon Gormley just went 12th and 13th. D@mn. I would have liked to trade up from #20 for one of those top-notch D-men once they fell out of the top 10.

RuthlessBurgher
06-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Four picks left until we are up.

Best available defenseman: Mark Pysyk

Best available right wing: Emerson Etem

Best available left wing: Austin Watson

Best available centermen: Nick Bjugstad (USA H.S.) and Tyler Toffoli (Canadian major junior)

I suspect we'll end up with one of these 5 guys.

RuthlessBurgher
06-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Okay, we're up...I'd go for the California kid, right winger Emerson Etem. He's a pure scoring winger who could one day play on Crosby's line. When he was 14 years old, he decided to leave sunny California to attend Shattuck-St. Mary's School in Minnesota (the same school Sidney Crosby attended).

RuthlessBurgher
06-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Well, we picked a California winger, but not the one I suspected.

It's Beau Bennett, RW, 6'1" 173 lbs.

At first glance, it doesn't seem like great value getting a guy at #20 overall who was the 48th North American skater at the midpoint of the season, and 32nd North American skater by season's end.

However, this guy sure can score...He had 120 points in his first year at Penticton (41 goals and 79 assists) in 56 games for an average of 2.14 points per game. He lead the entire BCHL as a rookie, but it is certainly a lower level of competition than the OHL, QMJHL, or WHL. He'll develop his game at the University of Denver starting next season.

His coach at Penticton said, “Beau has put together one of the best rookie seasons in BCHL history. His offensive instincts are in a class of their own.”

http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/2010/05/9CCF2797.JPG http://www.bchl.bc.ca/leagues/1413%5Cgraphics%5CBennett1502.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
06-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Even though he was a borderline first rounder according to NHL Central Scouting, TSN did rank him 18th overall, which makes me feel a bit better about the value. Denver does have a very solid collegiate hockey program, so hopefully he is able to increase his upper body strength and fill out his frame in college.

What Scouts Say:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good size winger destined to follow maybe in the footsteps of one-time BCHL scoring leader Kyle Turris during his junior year."
- E.J. McGuire, Director NHL Central Scouting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Outstanding hockey sense. Sees the ice extremely well. Quarterbacks a very good PP. Plays up high in the middle on the umbrella on the power play and always seems to make the right play whether it’s a great pass or gets his shot through. There are concerns about his fitness at this point, but these concerns are quick fixes. Makes a great first pass out of his own end and does a good job of joining the rush to create more offense."
- International Scouting Services 2010 NHL Draft Guide

"Has all the offensive tools - skating, playmaking and a wicked shot. Deceptive skater with good top speed, a long stride and lateral quickness that makes him very slippery. Can score in a variety of ways. Has a big 1-timer and very quick release with laser accuracy on his wrister. Good backchecker and uses speed effectively on the forecheck. Slight build and needs to add upper body strength, as he tends not to get physically involved at all. Has top ten skills, but we have concerns about how he'll adjust to the next level."
- Red Line Report 2010 Draft Guide

"He hasn't come close to filling out yet. He has to get stronger because if he doesn't get stronger, he won't play."
- A scout, quoted in The Hockey News Draft Preview 2010

http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dynamique/photos/original/article_29742_2.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
06-25-2010, 10:52 PM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=532302

BCHL time showed scouts Bennett could be a force

Wednesday, 06.23.2010 / 9:00 AM

2010 NHL Entry Draft

By Adam Kimelman - NHL.com Staff Writer

The 18-minute trip from Beau Bennett's home in Gardena, Calif., to Staples Center in Los Angeles took a 1,331-mile detour.

Bennett, a 6-foot-1, 173-round right wing listed at No. 32 on NHL Central Scouting's final ranking of North American skaters for the 2010 Entry Draft, had to go just a bit out of his way to get to where he wanted.

A product of the L.A. Junior Kings minor hockey organization, Bennett took a one-year sojourn to Penticton, B.C., where he played with the Penticton Vees of the British Columbia Hockey League.

It turned into a fortuitous move, as Bennett led the league with 120 points, making him the first rookie to record 100 points in the league in seven years.

"He's got velvet hands and a lightning-quick release on his shot," Central Scouting's B.J. MacDonald told NHL.com. "He has radar vision and can lay a pass down as good as anyone in this draft. Deceptive skater and can be elusive in the corners slipping checks."

Slipping out of Southern California wasn't as easy -- especially not for a place as far away as Penticton.

"I could have gone to the WHL, USHL or BCHL," Bennett told NHL.com. However, the WHL was ruled out until after he graduated high school. "They said we want you to be 18, out of high school, graduated, before you make a decision that effected whether you go to college or not, which is understandable from their standpoint. As far as USHL or BCHL, I really believed in coach (Fred) Harbinson and he really let me play my style of game.

"They said from the get-go we're not going to change you as a player. That was the selling point for me. I just want to refine my game, get better defensively, get stronger, while still retaining the offensive side, which is really fun."

Harbinson found Bennett at a California tournament after the 2008-09 season, and immediately was interested.

"I went to a camp and saw him personally," Harbinson told NHL.com. "We were very excited about him because we knew he had the potential to be a big-time player. I had a vision who I was going to play him. … There was a lot of excitement with Beau."

Generally when a player makes a radical move similar to the one Bennett made, there's an adjustment period needed. In Bennett's case, however, none really was needed.

"It's a bit of a culture shock, going from L.A. to Canada to play junior hockey," said Harbinson, "but the elite players adapt. That's what Beau did. It didn't take him very long to adapt to his surroundings. Once the regular season started, he was moving in the right direction."

He never really stopped, as he finished the season with 41 goals, including 25 on the power play. Both totals were the second-highest in the league, and he added 14 points in 15 playoff games.

Next season he'll hope for a similarly smooth adjustment when he plays at the University of Denver.

"After checking it out, their style of play, the coaches, the teammates, it's a big city, all those factors went into making it the place for me," Bennett said.

Before college, though, there's the draft, where he should have a sizable cheering contingent.

"I don't know if it's going to be a huge cheering section, but I know a lot of my friends are going to buy tickets," he said.

At least they won't have to detour through British Columbia to get there.

http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/2010/06/Bennett-5Qs.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
06-26-2010, 03:44 PM
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=532921

Penguins Select Forward Bryan Rust In The Third Round of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft
Saturday, 06.26.2010 / 2:27 PM

The Pittsburgh Penguins selected forward Bryan Rust from the United States National Development Team of the United States Hockey League (USHL) with their third-round pick (80th overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft Saturday afternoon in Los Angeles.

Rust, 18, appeared in 27 games with the U.S. Under-18 team this past season, recording 10 goals and 23 points. He was a member of the U.S. squad which won the gold medal at the 2010 World Under-18 Championships in Belarus. Rust was one of the offensive leaders for the Americans as he finished with four goals, six points and a plus-4 rating in seven games. His four goals ranked second on the team.

Rust (6-foot, 191 pounds), who will attend the University of Notre Dame in the fall, spent the 2008-09 campaign with the U.S. Under-17 team, where he scored nine goals and 20 points in 58 contests.

The Pontiac, Michigan native is the second member of his family to be drafted following his brother, Matt, who was the 101st-overall selection by the Florida Panthers in 2007.

http://cdn.nhl.com/penguins/images/upload/2010/06/Bryan%20Rust.JPGhttp://www.usahockey.com/uploadedImages/USAHockey/USANTDP/Menu_Notes/Features/RustBryan-cov.jpg

http://www.usahockey.com/USANTDP/default.aspx?NAV=AF_04&id=278390&DetailedNews=yes

U-18’s Rust follows brother all the way to the CCHA

January 22, 2010

By Becky Olsen
Special to USAHockey.com

Please excuse the Rust family if it forgets what shade of blue to wear sometimes. After all, the family members must find time to watch hockey with the National Team Development Program, the University of Michigan and in the very near future, the University of Notre Dame. One thing is for certain — NTDP Under-18 forward Bryan Rust would not have it any other way when it comes to the opportunity to play hockey and wear the red, white and blue of Team USA.

Rust began playing hockey when he was 5 years old. After all, he had to take after his older brother Matt, a member of the NTDP from 2005-07 and currently a junior on the University of Michigan hockey team.

“My older brother was the first one to play hockey,” Rust said. “My parents didn’t play hockey and didn’t really grow up with hockey. Matt’s friend down the street played hockey, and he got Matt into hockey. Of course, I had to be like Matt so I decided why not.”

Growing up, the boys played street hockey together and just maybe, would try to beat each other up.

“There were other kids in the subdivision that played hockey, and we would go out in the street and play,” Rust said. “There would be older kids and I would be the one playing goalie. It was just fun. We would have laughs and have fun. That is probably one of the best times I had growing up.”

The brothers never had an opportunity to play together until Oct. 3, 2009, a 4-2 win by the Wolverines against the U-18 team. But the moment was probably something more special for Bryan, who finally had the opportunity to show what he had learned growing up. And in case you were wondering, Bryan finished with two penalty minutes and two blocked shots while earning the starting nod while Matt had two penalty minutes.

“I would always go to Matt’s games and watch him and wish that I could be at that level,” Rust said. “It was really fun playing this year against Michigan. It was the first time that I ever got to go on the ice against him. I have always kind of been in his shadow and I just wanted to prove to everyone that I could skate on the same ice with him and maybe do better.”

Who did his parents cheer for in the game?

“That is for whoever was watching to say,” Rust laughed. “My parents wore blue because we have blue and they [UM] wears blue. They just called it even.”

All joking aside, there was one very special individual in the stands that fateful Saturday night at Yost Ice Arena, cheering for both Rust boys. That would be none other than Grandpa Rust, who commonly sports a Notre Dame hat at USA home hockey games.

“My grandpa has been huge,” Bryan said. “He comes to my games and my brother’s games. He is always there for the warm-ups and the last buzzer. He is one of the reasons why I work so hard and play so hard, because he enjoys watching us so much.

“My grandma has had a hard time with her health. I know that he doesn’t have much to look forward to in his life — me and Matt’s hockey is his way of living and this is what he lives for.”

The Notre Dame hat also has significant meaning for Rust, who will play for the Fighting Irish next year, even if it met rooting against that other shade of blue that his parents loved so much.

“It has been a dream school of mine since I was 12,” Rust said. “When my parents would be rooting for Michigan, such as at the football games, I would be ‘Go Notre Dame.’”

This dream grew out of a special friendship, one that even after all these years still remains fresh in Rust’s mind.

“One of the biggest reasons I chose to go there, when I was in first, second and third grade, I had a really close friend [Tony] whose dad went to Notre Dame and was in love with Notre Dame,” Rust said. “Tony was in love with Notre Dame and that is all we would talk about. Just after the new year, in third grade, Tony got into a car accident and died and that was a big waking up thing for me — even though I was that young.

“Over the past few years, I have really gotten to see how terrible that was for me. His dad ended up being my coach for football all through middle school; it sounded like it was the most unbelievable place and I knew that was the place that I wanted to go there.”

In order to get to Notre Dame, Rust has had to work hard and learn to play his game. He probably had one advantage that others did not have — he was able to use Matt as a sounding board prior to joining the NTDP in 2008-09.

“When Matt was here, I did come to most home games with my parents and watch him. As soon as they asked me to join this team, I said yes,” Rust said. “Matt said so many great things about it and obviously, it helped him get to where he is now. He said it was hard but definitely well worth it.”

As Rust’s time slowly starts to wind down in the Team USA uniform, a few things still stand out in his mind. One is the intensity and two, the bond that he has shared with his teammates over the past year and a half.

“It is intense — day in and day out, throughout the week and throughout the year. It is a grind but when it is done, it is all worth it,” Rust said. “It is a tough experience and hard work but at the end of it, there will not be any better bonds that you make with any 20 guys that you will ever play with. You build the bonds and friendships with your team because you are going through some of the hardest training that you will ever go through together and playing internationally and wearing your country’s colors.”

The one thing that can never be replaced is wearing that Team USA jersey on a nightly basis. Ask any player on the NTDP, and the one answer that sticks out is the pride and glory of wearing the red, white and blue.

“Not many people get to experience it; for us, it is easy to see past it because we wear it every day but once you think about it hard, you know that you worked so hard to get here and so many kids dream about playing here that it is an unbelievable feeling that can never be replaced,” Rust said. “Last year, when we won the Vlad Dzurilla tournament *— it was the first time that our team really came together and won. In the locker room with the guys after the win was probably one of my most special moments.”

That feeling has helped Rust become a better play and a leader on the ice. Even though Bryan and Matt have a sibling rivalry when it comes to hockey, Matt is there to help Bryan and offer advice and assistance. Round 1 may have gone to Matt on the ice, but be sure to stay tuned for the next round. Sometime in the near future, Bryan will have his turn and the opportunity for bragging rights.

Story courtesy of Red Line Editorial, Inc.

RuthlessBurgher
06-26-2010, 03:49 PM
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=532931&navid=DL|PIT|home

Penguins Select Forward Tom Kuehnhackl With Fourth-Round Pick In 2010 NHL Entry Draft
Saturday, 06.26.2010 / 3:04 PM

The Pittsburgh Penguins selected forward Tom Kuehnhackl (KOO-nack-el) from Landshut of the German-2 league with their fourth-round pick (110th overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft Saturday afternoon in Los Angeles.

Kuehnhackl, 18, was Central Scouting’s No. 8 ranked European skater. He appeared in 38 games for Landshut this past season, scoring 12 goals and 21 points. He added four goals and six points in five games with Team Germany at the World Under-18 Championship. Kuehnhackl will play for the Windsor Spitfires of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) in 2010-11.

Kuehnhackl comes from a family rooted with hockey experience. His father, Erich, was elected to the International Ice Hockey Federation Hall of Fame in 1997 and was named the German hockey player of the century in 2000. Kuehnhackl’s brother and sister also played hockey in Germany.

Kuenhackl (6-foot-2, 192 pounds) grew up a Penguins fan and lists Sidney Crosby as the player he patterns his game after. Kuehnhackl named Game 7 of the Penguins’ 2009 Stanley Cup Championship as the most memorable hockey game he has ever watched.

http://cdn.nhl.com/penguins/images/upload/2010/06/Tom%20Kuehnhackl.JPG http://www.spox.com/de/sport/eishockey/0907/Bilder/tom-kuehnhackl-erichs-sohn-514.jpg

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/6059

Tom Kuehnhackl
Profile Contributed By: HF Staff

History
2008-09: Played for the Landshut Cannibals in Germany's 2nd level men's league. In 42 games, Kuehnhackl scored 11 goals and added 10 assists for 21 points. In 6 playoff games for that club, he scored 1 goal.

2009-10: Spent most of the season with the Landshut Cannibals, but also saw some action in Germany's top league, the DEL. Kuehnhackl played in 38 games with the Cannibals, scoring 12 goals and adding 9 assists for 21 points. In 4 DEL games with the Augsburg Panthers, Kuehnhackl did not register a point. Played for Germany at the U-18 World Junior Championships (Group B), scoring 4 goals and 2 assists for 6 points in 5 games.

Talent Analysis
Offensively gifted.

Future

Second-line forward.

http://sports.yahoo.com/juniorhockey/blog/buzzing_the_net/post/Draft-tracker-bonus-Five-questions-with-Tom-Kue?urn=juniorhockey,247929

Mon Jun 14 05:30am PDT

Draft tracker bonus: Five questions with Tom Kuehnhackl
By Neate Sager

Yahoo! Sports Canada has been profiling some of NHL Central Scouting's top prospects during the countdown to June 25-26 entry draft in Los Angeles. It turns out we gathered more than required. Here is a look at Windsor Spitfires import Tom Kuehnhackl, the eighth-rated European skater.

Tom Kuehnhackl is the first player in quite a while who came to Windsor for more ice time.

Kuehnhackl stands to benefit from a move to North America. Spitfires GM Warren Rychel, who selected the 6-foot-2, 172-pound right wing 24th overall in last summer's Canadian Hockey League import draft, has a lot of scoring prowess to replace after successive championship seasons. Kuehnhackl, whose father Erich was named German hockey's player of the 20th century, will get every chance to fill that void.

As a teenager playing with pros, Kuehnhackl often saw spot duty the past two seasons with his hometown Landshut Cannibals, a German second division team. He made the most of the chances he did have to show his offensive gifts, though, posting a respectable stat line last season (12 goals, 21 points in 38 games) despite sporadic ice time, a separated shoulder and often skating on an all-teenager line. He also earned a brief call-up to the country's top league.

By his acknowledgement, he will need time to adjust to the pace and physicality of Canadian major junior hockey. At first glance, his build might suggest a future centre back for Bayern Munich more than a top-six forward in the NHL. However, keep in mind his father, who played at a hulking 6-foot-5 and 213 pounds in the 1970s and '80s, had the splendid sobriquet Kleiderschrank auf Kufen (wardrobe on skates). It's reasonable to think his puck-chasing progeny will, in time, bulk up to complement his skill.

Kuehnhackl's roommate at the NHL Scouting Combine was the Portland Winterhawks' Swiss star, Nino Neiderreiter, a possible top-10 pick. The pair will likely cross paths, since Switzerland and Germany are in the same pool at the 2011 world junior championship.

"I want to have a chance to beat him," Kuehnhackl says.

1. How would you say your past season progressed, from start to finish?

"I tried to come to Canada last season, but thought it was better to stay one more year in Germany. I'd be with family, my friends. I thought I would get a lot of ice time and I ended up sitting on the bench for almost the whole season. That was the worst decision I ever made my whole life, that was more reason to go to Windsor and get experience.

"I played with men, but for sure, it was frustrating for me. It was a challenge. I was working out every day and then I'd get maybe two, three shifts each period, sometimes sit on the bench for an entire game. There were some games where I got a lot of ice time due to injuries or suspensions."

2. In your mind, what would scouts say you have to work on between now and when you'll be on the cusp of turning pro?

"I have to work on everything. Nothing is ever perfect. Maybe for [Sidney] Crosby or [Alex] Ovechkin. Maybe. First of all, the skating is really important and the physical part, coming from Germany to Canada. I would say those two parts first, then shooting, passing. Upper body [strength], I have to work on through the summer."

3. How do you feel about coming to play in the Ontario Hockey League with Windsor?

"I'll try to help them and maybe they'll get the Memorial Cup hat trick. I'll have to work my ass off, but maybe we'll get the chance ... I will do everything to help that team, block a shot with my face, whatever.

"That was amazing when Mr. Rychel came over. We went for dinner and then we talked about everything, the team, the city, next season, the host family."

4. What do you consider your proudest hockey achievement?

"I'm proud to be the son of my dad, absolutely. First it was hard for me because there is not a lot of people who like my dad, who love him, because of hockey. He'd get slashed. But I'm proud to be the son of a great hockey player.

"When I was young, I had no idea my dad was a great hockey player. One day when I was five or six I was going through the basement, I found the DVD. I watched it and my dad was on, it was from the 1976 Olympics, Germany won the bronze medal. They won 4-1 and he had two goals and set up two goals -- a perfect game."

5. Favourite TV show or movie?

"Favourite movie is The Fast and The Furious. I love fast cars. TV show is Two And A Half Men."

Neate Sager is a writer for Yahoo! Sports Canada. Contact him at neatesager@yahoo.ca and follow him on Twitter @neatebuzzthenet.

RuthlessBurgher
06-26-2010, 04:04 PM
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=532943&navid=DL|PIT|home

Penguins Select Forward Kenneth Agostino With Fifth-Round Pick in 2010 NHL Entry Draft
Saturday, 06.26.2010 / 3:32 PM

The Pittsburgh Penguins selected forward Kenneth Agostino from Delbarton High School in Morristown, New Jersey with their fifth-round pick (140th overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft Saturday afternoon in Los Angeles.

Agostino, 18, was named the Newark Star-Ledger’s 2010 New Jersey High School Player of the Year for the third-consecutive season after recording 50 goals and 83 points in 27 games. Agostino hails from the same high school as Penguins’ 2009 fifth-round draft pick, defenseman Alex Velischek.

Agostino, who stands 5-foot-10, 190 pounds, will attend Yale University in the fall.

http://www.nj.com/hssports/content/500/09boysicehockey.jpg http://hssn-media.advance.net/NJ.com/news/3955feba6a515024af8903b815408557/kennyagostino.JPG

http://www.delbarton.org/oncampus/oncampus-detail.asp?pageaction=ViewSinglePublic&LinkID=5663&ModuleID=26

Agostino '10 Breaks Green Wave Hockey Scoring Record

Jessica Fiddes
Posted February 23

With the first of his two goals in the first period of a win against Bergen Catholic -- in the opening round of the Gordon Cup tournament on Monday, February 22 -- Senior Kenny Agostino '10 became the Green Wave's all-time points leader. With 247 career points he has surpassed Dale Rhinehart's (Class of '04) mark set in 2004. Agostino told the Daily Record, "It definitely wasn't the prettiest one I've ever scored, but a goal is a goal is a goal... I've scored others that were nicer than this, but this now is definitely my favorite." Green Wave Hockey Head Coach Bruce Shatel paid tribute to both Agostino and his entire team when he commented on the player's achievement: "It's an unbelievable milestone," Shatel said. "Especially with the schedule we've taken on and the level we play at. To be at 247 career points is a compliment to his teammates, but it's a tremendous honor for Kenny." Agostino has committed to play hockey for Yale in the fall.

Green Wave Varsity Hockey has worked all season to earn the distinction of being New Jersey's top-ranked team. The win against Bergen Catholic improved the Delbarton's record to 23-0 overall, and the team has extended the state-record unbeaten streak to 42 straight games. Congratulations to Green Wave hockey on its record-breaking season, and to Kenny Agostino '10, Delbarton hockey's new all-time points leader.

RuthlessBurgher
06-26-2010, 04:16 PM
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=532949

Penguins Select Defenseman Joe Rogalski With Sixth-Round Pick In 2010 NHL Entry Draft
Saturday, 06.26.2010 / 3:51 PM

The Pittsburgh Penguins selected defenseman Joe Rogalski from Sarnia of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) with the first of their two sixth-round picks (152th overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft Saturday afternoon in Los Angeles.

Rogalski, 18, has spent the past two seasons playing for Sarnia, where he has posted eight goals and 42 points in 134 games.

Rogalski stands 6-foot-1, 195 pounds and hails from Buffalo, New York. He is the fourth American drafted by the Penguins among their first five picks.

http://www.sarniasports.com/SarniaSting2008-2009/Pictures/Jan17/DSC_0273.JPG

RuthlessBurgher
06-26-2010, 04:22 PM
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=532952

Penguins Select Defenseman Reid McNeill With Second of Two Sixth-Round Picks In 2010 NHL Entry Draft
Saturday, 06.26.2010 / 4:06 PM

The Pittsburgh Penguins selected defenseman Reid McNeill from London of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) with the second of their two sixth-round picks (170th overall) at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft Saturday afternoon in Los Angeles.

McNeill, 18, appeared in 53 games for the Knights during the 2009-10 season, picking up two goals, five points and 32 penalty minutes.

McNeill, who also hails from London, Ontario, stands 6-foot-3, 191 pounds. He is the first Canadian and second defenseman drafted by the Penguins in 2010.

http://www.pointstreak.com/photos/p3176045.jpg http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/?src=http://www.lfpress.com/sports/knights/2010/03/04/knights001.jpg&size=640x480&quality=90

RuthlessBurgher
06-26-2010, 04:36 PM
For the second-consecutive season the Penguins have shipped away their seventh-round pick (200th overall). The Penguins dealt their pick to the San Jose Sharks in exchange for a seventh-round selection next season. The Penguins Class of 2010 is now complete.