PDA

View Full Version : Great news!

Jom112
06-23-2010, 02:36 PM
I know I haven't been around much on the boards these past few months, but that's because MY WIFE IS PREGNANT!!!

This will be our first child, so I've been really excited and anxious. She's about 13 weeks now and is due December 28th, which I don't think can come fast enough.

Not sure how the rest of you guys were when you first found out you were going to be a father, but I think I instantly matured when I found out. I've gone through all of our bills and lowered my sprint bill, refinanced our mortgage and cut down on spending. Even cut down on my internet and TV time and have been spending more time doing stuff around the house.

It's amazing how much you change as soon as you find out that you're going to be a father... :Cheers

flippy
06-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Congrats!!!

Just note - Jiga's already got dibs on having the SuperBowl baby that will ensure our 7th lombardi.

You probably won't have time to watch football so it shouldn't matter :wink

Best of luck!!! :tt1

I wave my towel in hopes your child will be a Steelers fan :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
06-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Congrats, man! I'm the proud papa of a 9 year old boy and a 5 year old girl. Best job you'll ever have.

Be sure to get plenty of sleep in 2010, because 2011 will be an exercise in sleep deprivation for you.

Jom112
06-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Congrats!!!

Just note - Jiga's already got dibs on having the SuperBowl baby that will ensure our 7th lombardi.

You probably won't have time to watch football so it shouldn't matter :wink

Best of luck!!! :tt1

I wave my towel in hopes your child will be a Steelers fan :tt2

I remember Jiga's thread about baby #3. Would be crazy if it happened. Might motivate him for baby #4.

Congrats, man! I'm the proud papa of a 9 year old boy and a 5 year old girl. Best job you'll ever have.

Be sure to get plenty of sleep in 2010, because 2011 will be an exercise in sleep deprivation for you.

Thanks. The lack of sleep is one of things that worries me most. I'm definitely someone that needs my sleep. I'll just have to adjust...

Djfan
06-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Congrats Jom!

I like to tell my friends who are about to have kids that it's kind of like moving to the middle of a nuclear test site.

Your life will be insanely different, forever. It's a good thing, I promise.

Love your kid - make him a Steelers fan!

:tt2 :tt1 :tt2 :tt1

kiwi_sarah
06-23-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm new and you don't know me - but congrats! It already sounds like you'll be a wonderful Dad.

And as a bonus, your wife is gonna look like this..... :Boobs

Jom112
06-23-2010, 07:20 PM

No way is my child ever going to be a Steeler fan. :P

I wouldn't stop him/her from being a Bears fan though since we live in Chicago...

I'm new and you don't know me - but congrats! It already sounds like you'll be a wonderful Dad.

:lol: :Beer

snarky
06-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Nice, dude. Congrats.

fordfixer
06-23-2010, 08:08 PM
Congrats to you and your wife :tt1

papillon
07-06-2010, 10:47 PM

I wouldn't stop him/her from being a Bears fan though since we live in Chicago...

If you don't let him be a Steeler fan I'll report you to child services for child abuse. :moon :tt2

Pappy

flippy
07-07-2010, 05:00 PM

If you don't let him be a Steeler fan I'll report you to child services for child abuse. :moon :tt2

Pappy

Now that's great news!!!!!

jj28west
07-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Congrats!!!

costanza2k1
07-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Wow that's great news! Congrats! You're in for some very exciting times, my advice is get your camera/camcorder ready and stick to a plan on taking pictures. You can never have enough, till this day I still take pictures of my boys every 2 weeks or more dependent on the occasion...trust me it's very worth it when the kids get older.

Jigawatts
07-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Congrats Jom, I knew you could do it. :Beer

RuthlessBurgher
07-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Congrats Jom, I knew you could do it. :Beer

http://www.smokingtree.net/images/waterboy7.jpg