PDA

View Full Version : John Isner is Iron Man!!!!!

flippy
06-23-2010, 02:04 PM
42-42 right now and this is ridiculous.

5+ hrs of tennis just today.

In 2 hrs this could go into day 3.

:wft

I've never seen anything like this.

C'Mon John, win Wimbeldon!!!!!!!!

flippy
06-23-2010, 02:26 PM
This is on the verge of surpassing the longest baseball game ever which was a AAA game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_pr ... eball_game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longest_professional_baseball_game)

flippy
06-23-2010, 02:28 PM
The longest hockey game wasn't close - just under 3 hours
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtime_(ice_hockey)

flippy
06-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Isner's flight to Europe was 8:20 which is where the length of the match is currently.

flippy
06-23-2010, 02:31 PM
This one set is longer than the longest Wimbeldon match ever.

46-46 is ridonculous!!!!

flippy
06-23-2010, 02:53 PM
OK, there was a 30 hour basketball game, but it was a pickup game and gimmicky:
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/6646358/

RuthlessBurgher
06-23-2010, 03:05 PM
The score in the 5th set is the same as the odds for who is going to win the match at this point. It's 50-50.

flippy
06-23-2010, 03:35 PM
The score in the 5th set is the same as the odds for who is going to win the match at this point. It's 50-50.

This Mahut guy is something. He's the energizer bunny running down impossible shots. Isner looks worn, but this Mahut guy looks fresh.

But Mahut can't handle Isner's serve.

But Isner seems to tired to break Mahut's serve even though it's not that spectacular.

flippy
06-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Some announcer is the biggest douche ever and keeps saying the dumbest things, but some woman keeps correcting him.

Like, "Wow, these guys aren't even fist pumping or celebrating"

Then she says "cause they're too tired"

or like "This is Old School tennis"

Then she says "No it isn't. No Old School Game went this long. This is like all time school."

RuthlessBurgher
06-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Potty break at 58-58. The winner is now guaranteed to hit at least 60.

flippy
06-23-2010, 04:00 PM
This Mahut guy is winning me over like Rocky won over the Russians in Rocky IV.

What a dive.

I love this kid's effort.

But I gotta root for the American before we all start chanting Mahut! Mahut! Mahut!

RuthlessBurgher
06-23-2010, 04:04 PM

What a dive.

But I gotta root for the American before we all start chanting Mahut! Mahut! Mahut!

During this tennis match, I've seen a lot of changing, in the way you feel about me, and in the way I feel about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!

flippy
06-23-2010, 04:10 PM

What a dive.

During this tennis match, I've seen a lot of changing, in the way you feel about me, and in the way I feel about you. In here, there were two guys killing each other, but I guess that's better than twenty million. I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!

:lol better than a picture :Bow

flippy
06-23-2010, 04:11 PM
We want more! We want more! We want more!

A 3 day tennis match :wft

flippy
06-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Woooo!!!!

America wins again!!!!

Now the Shaq of tennis needs to go win Wimbeldon!!!!!

70-68!!!!!

snarky
06-24-2010, 08:50 PM
EDIT: Number edited because I calculated this wrong.

I just did a little research. Apparently serve is held in something like 82% of games in men's tennis. That would make the odds of a set that has reached 6-6 going to a score this high something like.

59,329,000,000 to one

This is has to be the most statistically improbable thing that has ever happened in sports. (Queue jokes about Browns winning the Super Bowl).

EDIT: The only thing I could think of that would outdo this is a 27 strike-out perfect game.

I didn't watch much of this but man these guys are warriors.

flippy
06-26-2010, 12:51 AM
EDIT: Number edited because I calculated this wrong.

I just did a little research. Apparently serve is held in something like 82% of games in men's tennis. That would make the odds of a set that has reached 6-6 going to a score this high something like.

59,329,000,000 to one

This is has to be the most statistically improbable thing that has ever happened in sports. (Queue jokes about Browns winning the Super Bowl).

EDIT: The only thing I could think of that would outdo this is a 27 strike-out perfect game.

I didn't watch much of this but man these guys are warriors.

It's crazy odds.

I was bummed to see Isner lose and so fast. I kinda wish the French guy won because he had so much more energy.

They were saying Isner didn't have skin left on the tips of his toes. And this match really took it out of him.

But Frenchie was chasing everything down til the end and I think he woulda fared better in the next round.