PDA

View Full Version : Schedule Released; Opening Night vs. Flyers @ CONSOL 10/7/10

RuthlessBurgher
06-22-2010, 01:10 PM
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=532294&navid=DL|PIT|home

Opening Of CONSOL Energy Center, Winter Classic Highlight Penguins’ 2010-11 NHL Regular-Season Schedule
Tuesday, 06.22.2010 / 12:06 PM

The NHL announced the 2010-11 regular-season schedule today, and two dates stand out for the Pittsburgh Penguins.

The Penguins will open their brand new state-of-the-art arena when they host the interstate rival Philadelphia Flyers at CONSOL Energy Center Thursday, Oct. 7 at 7 p.m.

The other focal point will be a New Year’s Day showdown with Alex Ovechkin and the rival Washington Capitals in the NHL’s annual Bridgestone Winter Classic, which will be played at Heinz Field.

The Penguins’ schedule also features six contests against each Atlantic Division opponent and four games against the other 10 Eastern Conference teams.

The Penguins will play at least one game against each of the Western Conference teams, and will play two games (home-and-home) against three Western Conference clubs – Detroit, Phoenix and Columbus.

The regular starting time for evening home games at CONSOL Energy Center is 7 p.m.

Other schedule notables include:

A showdown with the defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks Feb. 20 at United Center

A western road trip to Dallas (Nov. 3), Anaheim (Nov. 5) and Phoenix (Nov. 6)

Five straight road games from Feb. 25-March 5 – at Carolina, at Toronto in back-to-back games, at New Jersey and at Boston

Nine home games against Western Conference opponents -- Vancouver (Nov. 17), Calgary (Nov. 27), Phoenix (Dec. 20), Minnesota (Jan. 8), Detroit (Jan. 18), Columbus (Feb. 8), Los Angeles (Feb. 10), San Jose (Feb. 23) and Edmonton (March 13).

See full schedule here:

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/schedule.htm

Jigawatts
06-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Sweet, they're playing in Columbus on a Saturday night. Hopefully we can get some free
tickets to that.

Are you gunning for any Steelers/Pens combo games Ruthless?

RuthlessBurgher
06-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Sweet, they're playing in Columbus on a Saturday night. Hopefully we can get some free
tickets to that.

Are you gunning for any Steelers/Pens combo games Ruthless?

I compared schedules this afternoon. There aren't any freaking Saturday night Pens home games followed by Sunday afternoon Steeler home games during the NFL regular season. I'll do what I can to make a special trip out for the Winter Classic at Heinz on New Year's day. Perhaps I will be able to get my first look inside to the CONSOL energy center if the Steelers have a home game during Wild Card weekend (Wild @ Penguins on Saturday 1-8-11) or if we host the AFC Championship game (Canes @ Penguins on Satuday 1-22-11).

buckeyehoppy
06-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Tailgate weekend isn't bad, outside of the Saturday night road game. There's a Friday and Monday night home game on that same weekend and the Monday night game v. Rangers is a possibility for buckeyehoppy and company since Mondays are off days and Tuesdays are recovery days at work depending on how busy the weekend is. It would be a long weekend, to be sure. But that Monday game has potential!

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1