PDA

View Full Version : Questions for E Sanders

Prok
06-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Anyone interested in the Q&A with him post your questions here and i'll try to get as many sent to him as i get ime.

Twitter has a 140 char limit so i think your name + shorter question would be cool.

He said he'll get in touch with me when he's ready. Presumably one day this week.

Or if anyone has better idea on how 2 do it would be helpful.

flippy
06-21-2010, 11:50 AM
Ask him if he'll send a fork to JD.

RuthlessBurgher
06-21-2010, 12:14 PM
What is the primary difference you have noticed in catching balls from Ben Roethlisberger vs. Byron Leftwich (and even Dennis Dixon or Charlie Batch for that matter)?

*if the parenthetical part makes it too long for Twitter, you can eliminate that part of the question*

RuthlessBurgher
06-21-2010, 12:17 PM
What advice did June Jones give him to prepare for the NFL based on his experience as head coach of the Falcons in the mid 90's?

RuthlessBurgher
06-21-2010, 12:22 PM
What portions of the NFL WR route tree does he feel needs the most work to adjust from a "Run & Shoot" style offense in college to a "Pro Style" NFL offense?

fordfixer
06-21-2010, 12:47 PM
How much help are the vets to the rooks and can he play center?

Oviedo
06-21-2010, 12:48 PM
How comfortable is he as a returner and how well did he do in college? Better at kick-off returns or punt returns?

ramblinjim
06-21-2010, 12:49 PM
How much help are the vets to the rooks and can he play center?
:Cheers

Prok
06-21-2010, 01:05 PM
lol

Good questions so far. Keep em' coming. I got about a million lined up but will only ask a couple. lol

Since i'm doing this for both sites i was thinking i could put from PS or SU (full names) in there. Sound OKto u guys?

cruzer8
06-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Can we call you colonel?

fordfixer
06-21-2010, 01:13 PM
lol

Good questions so far. Keep em' coming. I got about a million lined up but will only ask a couple. lol

Since i'm doing this for both sites i was thinking i could put from PS or SU (full names) in there. Sound OKto u guys?
As long as PS is first :lol:

Prok
06-21-2010, 01:14 PM
Can we call you colonel?

I prefer lucky luciano but eh you can call me what u like. lol

RuthlessBurgher
06-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Can we call you colonel?

The colonel prefers chicken to prok. :lol:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iWrf4zJREoc/SwdL0x2w_MI/AAAAAAAABDc/ki16M8ydO1E/col_sanders_kfc_3.jpg

fordfixer
06-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Can we call you colonel?

The colonel prefers chicken to prok. :lol:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iWrf4zJREoc/SwdL0x2w_MI/AAAAAAAABDc/ki16M8ydO1E/col_sanders_kfc_3.jpg

LAME (FUNNY) BUT LAME :lol: :lol:

cruzer8
06-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Can we call you colonel?

The question is for Mr. Sanders dude! :lol:

flippy
06-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Should I draft you in my fantasy league?

Who's the coolest Steelers player/coach you've met so far?

How do you like Pittsburgh so far?

Are you worried about big NFL corners? How will you beat them off the LOS?

Can you live up to wearing #88?

Should we call you Jesus? Seriously, what do people call you? Manny?

Does ARE have any secret tips for you being a smaller WR?

I've heard comparisons of you to Steve Smith (the good one in Carolina). What NFL WR do you think you're most like?

calmkiller
06-21-2010, 03:42 PM
Can I get some tickets?

RuthlessBurgher
06-21-2010, 03:54 PM
What was his first impression of the city upon entering downtown via the Fort Pitt tunnel?

flippy
06-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Can I get some tickets?

You can put my name on that one too. ;)

Prok
06-21-2010, 06:42 PM
What is the primary difference you have noticed in catching balls from Ben Roethlisberger vs. Byron Leftwich (and even Dennis Dixon or Charlie Batch for that matter)?

*if the parenthetical part makes it too long for Twitter, you can eliminate that part of the question*

This will be question #2. Sorry ya lost the coin toss for 1. lol

I'll alternate questions.

As i mentioned on the other board i think this is awesome that us fans get to make our own Steelers news. I can't thank yin'z or ES enough for this opportunity.

fordfixer
06-21-2010, 06:48 PM

As i mentioned on the other board i think this is awesome that us fans get to make our own Steelers news. I can't thank yin'z or ES enough for this opportunity.

Now you've you just opened yourself up to a host of what # is my question, questions...................... But seeing how you opened the door what # is my question :lol:

kiwi_sarah
06-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Looking forward to hearing some of his answers. Nice to see a Steeler use Twitter for something that won't get him in trouble!

Prok
06-21-2010, 07:00 PM

Now you've you just opened yourself up to a host of what # is my question, questions...................... But seeing how you opened the door what # is my question :lol:

Dunno yet. I'll have 3 or 4 windows open and try to answer in the order they came in. lol

Prok
06-21-2010, 08:12 PM

I've heard comparisons of you to Steve Smith (the good one in Carolina). What NFL WR do you think you're most like?

Hey Flip pick a fav out of those. Don't delete any, just pick a fav. I'll try to get as many answered as possible.

Prok
06-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Can we call you colonel?

The question is for Mr. Sanders dude! :lol:

Christ that flew right over my head. oooooopsssss lol

flippy
06-21-2010, 08:27 PM

Hey Flip pick a fav out of those. Don't delete any, just pick a fav. I'll try to get as many answered as possible.

Here's my preferred order

What NFL WR do you think you're most like?
What do people call you? Manny?
Did Hines teach you to block yet?

Prok
06-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Ok got the format thingy figured out (i think).

Ex: PlanetSteelers.com <if room, handle> @Esanders88: <insert question here> ?

Cool by you guys ?

And should i put the Q's and A's in a new thread as i post them? Or would ya's prefer this thread?

NJ-STEELER
06-22-2010, 12:01 AM

the one in NY aint bad either

RuthlessBurgher
06-22-2010, 10:11 AM

the one in NY aint bad either

Yeah, no kidding.

The Steve Smith from the Giants (in 15 starts last season) caught 107 passes for 1220 yards and 7 TD's last year.

The Steve Smith from the Panthers (in 15 starts last season) caught 65 passes for 982 yards and 7 TD's last year.

Plus, the one from the Giants didn't break his arm playing flag football this week.

ikestops85
06-22-2010, 10:53 AM
I just have 2 minor questions

1) Does he wake and bake?

2) Does he wish some steeler fans would kill themselves?

I think as a potential WR on our team these questions need to be answered. :moon

P.S. Great job Prok!! I'm interested to hear any info you get from him. He sounds like a great guy.

plainnasty
06-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Why did Bruce Arians get to pick your number when it seems that everyone else gets to pick their own?

jj28west
06-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Has he ever played in cold weather?

What was his fastest 40 time?

Does he mind having to block and being more physical?

flippy
06-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Can we call you "the Beav"? So when Hines Ward retires, we'll be left with Wally and the Beav?

Prok
06-25-2010, 05:25 PM
i've had a busy week but logged in every evening hoping he'd be ready. he said he'd lemme know, hasn't yet. Hoping we can at least get it done by sunday or so.

Prok
06-26-2010, 06:34 PM
He sent me a direct message with his email addy so i just copied all the questions and sent them to him. I think there were over 20 questions total. He's gonna answer in return email. I'll post em when i get them in.

He had some personal stuff goin' on today so we decided to just do the Q & A through email.
I formatted them as "via PlanetSteelers.com"
Took me a while to find and copy all the questions. Gawd i hope i didn't leave anybody out!

RuthlessBurgher
06-27-2010, 12:01 AM
Awesome Prok. Thanks again, man.

fordfixer
06-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Woooo Hoooo :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

jj28west
06-27-2010, 08:41 AM
I know he is a rookie but this is amazing he is that accessible. He looks uncoverable on the underneath stuff. Hopefully he will learn quickly and be able to read blitzes so he could be our Wes Welker.

Thanks Prok

Oviedo
06-27-2010, 09:16 AM
I know he is a rookie but this is amazing he is that accessible. He looks uncoverable on the underneath stuff. Hopefully he will learn quickly and be able to read blitzes so he could be our Wes Welker.

Thanks Prok

Wouldn't it suck if he didn't make the team. Just kidding.

I hope he is not standing on the sideline losing reps to ARE or especially Arnez Battle.

I'm praying he can be a dynamic returner so we get rid of Logan

RuthlessBurgher
06-27-2010, 11:19 AM

Thanks Prok

Flag on the play!

http://www.sicoaofficials.com/images/alberto-riveron.jpg

Don't you know that you can only compare black players to black players and white players to white players? Every short white WR will be compared to Wes Welker and every tall white WR will be compared to Ed McCaffery. Short black WR's will be compared to Steve Smith, and tall black WR's will be compared to Randy Moss. I don't write the rules, I only enforce them. :wink:

15 yards, automatic first down.

Prok
06-28-2010, 07:52 PM
He direct messaged me today. He's in San Diego (i believe) for the rookie symposium (sp?), say's he has read over all the questions and should have all answers provided to me by wedsnday.

And ANYONE who feel's that one of their questions have been accidentally left out for whatever reason PLEASE let me know. I have his personal email addy plus can contact him on twitter and will get it to him.

And youre welcome. I'm just happy to be able to contribute something for fellow Steelers fans.

:Cheers

fordfixer
07-06-2010, 12:42 AM
???????????????????????????????? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: