PDA

View Full Version : If You Owned The Steelers...

flippy
06-15-2010, 07:30 PM
What 5 Things Would You Do Differently?

Here's mine:

1. Offer to pay Big Ben's fine this season if he wins the SuperBowl.

2. Add 3000 more seats to Heinz Field.

3. Raffle 100-200 standing room only tickets 2 hours before every kickoff.

4. Revoke season tickets for those who do not attend 50%+ of the home games and give them to whomever is next on the list.

5. Have a special presale of tickets to season ticket wait listers before making tickets available to the general public (scalpers).

focosteeler
06-15-2010, 07:45 PM
What 5 Things Would You Do Differently?

Here's mine:

1. Offer to pay Big Ben's fine this season if he wins the SuperBowl.

2. Add 3000 more seats to Heinz Field.

3. Raffle 100-200 standing room only tickets 2 hours before every kickoff.

4. Revoke season tickets for those who do not attend 50%+ of the home games and give them to whomever is next on the list.

5. Have a special presale of tickets to season ticket wait listers before making tickets available to the general public (scalpers).

looks real good to me... i like the standing room only tickets good idea

Prok
06-15-2010, 07:58 PM
1. I'd add 10,000 more seats. Ppl like me who have been on that list forever would have a chance.

2. Close in the open end. Probably co-incides with #1 though. Make that stadium as loud as possible on opponents.

3. Appoint a team of experts to help me figure out a way for season tix holders to keep their tix and attend games rather than charge ppl their first born to see a game.

4. Be more active in free agency. With a sold out larger stadium every year i'd be more open to bringing in vets that can help insure us as a re-loading team rather than re-building team. Although we're doing quite well at re-loading as is.

5. Give away more free merchandise. With the costs of tix constantly rising i'd try to at least make sure the fans get more in return for their money. Probably freshen the terrible towel supply every year for FREE. Various T-shirts and such as well.

Chucktownsteeler
06-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Adding a little to number 4, any season ticket holder that leaves before the end of the game forfeits their tickets next season.

Chucktown

ghettoscott
06-15-2010, 08:15 PM
nice topic Flip. if "I" ran the Steelers the following might/would/maybe take place....especially # 6

#1) Move training camp to San Antonio

#2) Move Ben to San Antonio (all fat chicks down here, he would be safe)

#3) SASF and I would be allowed to suit up and play during blow outs at the position of our choice.

#4) Bruce Arians would be required to run his game plan through Planet Steelers for approval.

#5) Home Games: Beer is only sold to Steeler fan; visiting fans can fuk off.

#6) stlrz d would be paid to sing 'Renegade' at all home games. (this has the potential to be moved to #5)

Prok
06-15-2010, 08:20 PM
nice topic Flip. if "I" ran the Steelers the following might/would/maybe take place....especially # 6

#3) SASF and I would be allowed to suit up and play during blow outs at the position of our choice.

#4) Bruce Arians would be required to run his game plan through Planet Steelers for approval.

#6) stlrz d would be paid to sing 'Renegade' at all home games. (this has the potential to be moved to #5)

LOL @ #4.

As an aside: If our offense failed to score AT LEAST 2 TD's (plus numerous FG's) vs Cleveland twice a year BA would be subjected to the gauntlet.

:D

stlrz d
06-15-2010, 09:14 PM
1. I'd add 10,000 more seats. Ppl like me who have been on that list forever would have a chance.

2. Close in the open end. Probably co-incides with #1 though. Make that stadium as loud as possible on opponents.

3. Appoint a team of experts to help me figure out a way for season tix holders to keep their tix and attend games rather than charge ppl their first born to see a game.

4. Be more active in free agency. With a sold out larger stadium every year i'd be more open to bringing in vets that can help insure us as a re-loading team rather than re-building team. Although we're doing quite well at re-loading as is.

5. Give away more free merchandise. With the costs of tix constantly rising i'd try to at least make sure the fans get more in return for their money. Probably freshen the terrible towel supply every year for FREE. Various T-shirts and such as well.

They are active in FA...they just don't bring in the big name, big $$$ guys. That's why they remain competitive!

If they're gonna fly me from GB to Pitt for every game, put me up in a nice hotel and take care of my meals, allow me to stay for the game and then fly me back home...then I'm all for it!

steelz09
06-15-2010, 09:41 PM
I would...

1) Ask the Jets if I could "undo" the Holmes trade and either keep him on the roster or get fair value instead of getting "raped" on a trade (no pun intended)

2) Enclose the the open end of the stadium

3) Agreed -- Arians must run his gameplan through Planet Steelers before every game

4) Wait to see how this season plays out before extending Tomlin

5) Ensure that open competition between Hartwig and Pouncey exists at center as well as RG with the preference on center.

6) Sign the young stars (i.e. Woodley) on the team rather than signing the older guys to long-term contracts

7) Tell Harrison (and some fans) to stop complaining about the non-holding calls when all Harrison needs to do is develop a inside spin move. Problem solved.

8) Find a real PR/KR. And while we're at it..... try to find a CB that can catch

9) Ask Tomlin... If his specialty is being a 'secondary coach' then why did the secondary (without Polamalu) look like a high school football team playing an offensive NFL team?

10) Try to figure out why Colon is considered a top-5 RT..... and while we're at, get a plan for the Steleers without Casey Hampton.

Steel Life
06-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Here's what I'd do...(one suggestion for every SB win) -
1. Put the same field turf that the P*ts use in Heinz Field - I'm tired of hearing about our field being so bad...it's an embarrassment.
2. Retire the jersey numbers of Steeler "immortals" & create a "Ring of Honor" around the stadium.
3. Open up unused game-day seats to the public at large, we must always have a packed house.
4. Institute "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash as a defensive anthem..."Renegade" gets old after a half-dozen times.
5. Change the number style on the jersey...I hate the new style (looks like an afterthought), but agree the old one was too bulky.
6. Encourage celebrities who are part of Steeler Nation to come to games & show their support.

And...my 12-yr. old son gets the lucky number "7"....& he says...he wants the Steelers to incorporate a Transformer like Optimus Prime as Steeler mascot (I can't believe I'm typing this). I know, I know...I've tried to explain the poor history of Steeler mascots, but what can I say, he's from a new generation. :roll: :lol:

Djfan
06-15-2010, 10:22 PM
1) Pay lots for the best coach for life;

2) Trade Bruce A back to Cleveland for a burrito;

3) Charter buses to Cincy and Cleveland for our fans to own those houses;

4) Definitely enclose the open end of the stadium;

5) Stand up to Goodell and his obvious bias;

6) Not much different than what Rooney does now!

flippy
06-15-2010, 10:34 PM

You're bringing back Noll? Wooooohoooooo!!!!!!!

SanAntonioSteelerFan
06-15-2010, 10:48 PM

#1) Move training camp to San Antonio :Agree

#2) Move Ben to San Antonio (all fat chicks down here, he would be safe) :lol: :lol: :Agree :Agree :Agree Every once in a while find a :Boobs , but not too often!

#3) SASF and I would be allowed to suit up and play during blow outs at the position of our choice. :Cheers :Cheers

:Agree Can't improve on perfection!

Sugar
06-15-2010, 11:04 PM
I would:

Extend Mike Tomlin to a very lucrative deal for at least 7 more years.

Publicly request that Goodell eliminate Ben's punishment.

Close the open end of the Heinz Field with additional seating and an SRO area.

Bring Rush Limbaugh on as a minority shareholder in the team (whatever his politics, the guy has a passion for the game and the Steelers).

Vocally and passionately oppose the extending of the season to any longer than 16 games even though a longer season would enhance my ability to make money. The players already put their bodies through a lot and the season/post season takes a toll on a man's health.

ANPSTEEL
06-15-2010, 11:24 PM
Bring back block numbers

ban anyone who thinks rush should have anything to do with the steelers.
:P

That's it

well maybe more Donnie iris at halftime

Prok
06-15-2010, 11:32 PM
This thread is cracking me up. Great job guys !!

:Cheers

Wallace108
06-16-2010, 12:04 AM
If I was the owner, I wouldn't change a thing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it ...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mO03-wQ37zA/Scjk_QC-qRI/AAAAAAAAA3w/S66bWiBgYsA/s400/6-trophies.gif

ANPSTEEL
06-16-2010, 12:14 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mO03-wQ37zA/Scjk_QC-qRI/AAAAAAAAA3w/S66bWiBgYsA/s400/6-trophies.gif

I'd make that into a hat

you know, sort of a crown- but with Lombardi trophies.

Maybe add the beer holder things on the sides for functionality.

:shock:

stlrz d
06-16-2010, 12:18 AM
I would trust the people I put in place to do the jobs they were hired to do. And I'd get Tomlin an extension ASAP.

/wonders how many people in this thread have complained about meddling owners of other teams? :D :D :D

siss
06-16-2010, 12:33 AM
I wouldn't change a thing...

Well I would issue Ben a smokin hot wife and tell him that if he ever gets in trouble ever again I will have his balls!

...but other then i wouldn't change a thing!

fordfixer
06-16-2010, 12:35 AM

Well I would issue Ben a smokin hot wife and tell him that if he ever gets in trouble ever again I will have his balls!

And extend halftime to 30 min's :lol: :lol:

kiwi_sarah
06-16-2010, 12:42 AM

:D yeah, cos if the last few months have taught us anything, it's that married men never get in trouble! :wink:

hawaiiansteel
06-16-2010, 01:52 AM

:D yeah, cos if the last few months have taught us anything, it's that married men never get in trouble! :wink:

yeah, the smokin hot wife idea didn't work that well for Tiger... :wft

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Sports/images-2/Elin-Nordegren.jpg

feltdizz
06-16-2010, 07:04 AM
I would fix the field

Have a Steeler TV package

Have an intern who responded with :wft on the PS board every so often.

I would let Rush be a minority owner, along with Jesse and Al and they would have to share a box and do a 2 minute analysis after every quarter. It would be hilarious "it's the Libs fault... Keep hope alive... If we lose we march!"

ramblinjim
06-16-2010, 09:24 AM
I'd do everything I could to figure out a way to sign Woodley to a long term deal.

RuthlessBurgher
06-16-2010, 09:36 AM
I'd sell it back to the Rooneys for a cool billion so they could continue running it as well as they have been (plus I'd demand great seats for every game home & away as a part of the deal, and a G5 to get me to all of those games).

ikestops85
06-16-2010, 10:03 AM
I'd wanna go clubbin' with Ben :Boobs :lol:

ANPSTEEL
06-16-2010, 10:37 AM
I'd sell it back to the Rooneys for a cool billion so they could continue running it as well as they have been (plus I'd demand great seats for every game home & away as a part of the deal, and a G5 to get me to all of those games).

Ding, ding, ding....

We have a winner!!!

Almost forgot

change back to block numbers before you sell.
:tt2

RuthlessBurgher
06-16-2010, 10:38 AM

Ding, ding, ding....

We have a winner!!!

Cool...when will the G5 be delivered? :lol:

siss
06-16-2010, 12:12 PM
I'd wanna go clubbin' with Ben :Boobs :lol:
Just don't go to the bathroom with him!

Prok
06-16-2010, 01:18 PM

Not for nothing but but IMNSHO coach Tomlin is the second coming of coach Noll.

Hell, he may be even more gutsy on game days than Noll was.

flippy
06-16-2010, 01:31 PM

Not for nothing but but IMNSHO coach Tomlin is the second coming of coach Noll.

Hell, he may be even more gutsy on game days than Noll was.

Tomlin's got 4 more SBs to go before he passes Noll. :wink