PDA

View Full Version : AS OF JUNE OF 2010 --> MAKE A COMMENT ON THE 1ST 4 GAMES

jj28west
06-15-2010, 07:24 PM
OK,

Its the middle of June and we are still a ways off from any football but I thought why not try something different. I know its a bit ridiculous since we have not had training camp yet which could lead to unpredictable injuries, etc. but it would still be interesting if any of these outcomes or predictions are even close.

The thread will eventually die but I am hoping that I can go back into the archives in Sept and bump it up to see how well or how off based or how irrelevant the comments/views are.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think our defense will immediately be back as a #1 or #2 top D in the league both against the run & the pass. {Seems like a nobrainer with Troy & Aaron back}

I think BA will earn his paycheck against the Ravens. A lot of OC's look good with Big Ben or John Elway. If BA could keep Byron who is not too mobile alive in this game then I will becoma a BA believer and not a basher. Maybe with the new Oline coach and some new personnel we could feature some RB screens.

I think we will hear Ziggy's name more often right from the opening game.

Byron will hit Wallace in stride on a bomb for a long TD.

flippy
06-15-2010, 07:32 PM
We will not forfeit.

Oviedo
06-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Win 2, lose 2. Mendy looks great.

Chucktownsteeler
06-15-2010, 08:02 PM
We go 3-1 or 4-0. The team picks up the slack and plays with an attitude, us against the world.

Chucktown

siss
06-15-2010, 08:16 PM
2-2
Ben comes back vengeance.

AkronSteel
06-15-2010, 09:21 PM
3-1

We win the opener because we always do! We struggle in week 2 because we always do! We beat the crap out of Tampa because Byron will want revenge for their decision to go with the young kids and we shock Baltimore and gain a divisional home win!!! Ben has a week to prepare for the Clowns and we will destroy them!!!

I'm going on record as saying we will be 5-3 at the midway point!!!

:2c

flippy
06-15-2010, 09:23 PM
ye of little faith. put me down for 4-0.

fordfixer
06-15-2010, 11:22 PM
The first 4 games will be preseason and wont really matter

Ozey74
06-15-2010, 11:53 PM
I predict I will drink about 10 beers during each game.

:Beer

steelblitz
06-16-2010, 06:07 AM
I think BA will earn his paycheck against the Ravens. :Cheers

Byron will hit Wallace in stride on a bomb for a long TD.My prediction as well. At some point we'll all comment, 'Why can't Ben do that?'.

Oviedo
06-16-2010, 08:12 AM
I think BA will earn his paycheck against the Ravens. :Cheers

Byron will hit Wallace in stride on a bomb for a long TD.My prediction as well. At some point we'll all comment, 'Why can't Ben do that?'.

I think we may see Leftwich and Wallace hook up for 3 or 4 long TDs in the first four games. From what you heard in OTAs getting in sync with Wallace was something Leftwich was focusing on.

If we are honest we have to admit that Leftwich is much better at throwing deep balls than ben and Wallace could thrive with Leftwich in.

RuthlessBurgher
06-16-2010, 10:20 AM
I predict that we score 4 non-traditional TD's in the first 4 games. One defensive TD on an interception or fumble recovery (I predict a Timmons runback after recovering a Harrison strip sack). One special teams TD on a return (I predict a punt return TD by Joe Burnett). One TD pass by a non-QB (I predict an Antwaan Randle El to Heath Miller TD pass). One TD run by a WR (I predict an end around TD run by Emmanuel Sanders).

ikestops85
06-16-2010, 10:33 AM
I predict that we score 4 non-traditional TD's in the first 4 games. One defensive TD on an interception or fumble recovery (I predict a Timmons runback after recovering a Harrison strip sack). One special teams TD on a return (I predict a punt return TD by Joe Burnett). One TD pass by a non-QB (I predict an Antwaan Randle El to Heath Miller TD pass). One TD run by a WR (I predict an end around TD run by Emmanuel Sanders).

I predict that your predictions are predictably correct. :moon

papillon
06-16-2010, 10:52 AM
The defense has to play big in the first four games and Leftwich simply needs to limit mistakes and take his shots when they present themselves. Leftwich, seems to make quick decisions with the ball, so, his immobility shouldn't really be a factor, unless, the WRs can't get separation and he has nowhere to go with the ball.

Mendenhall should start strong in the first three games before running into the Raven defense.

Steelers vs Falcons - Defense rattles Ryan, Atlanta's running game was middle of the pack last year, as was the passing offense. Atlanta's special teams were near the bottom of the league last year and the defense was in the bottom third. Win for the Steelers in a defensive battle, Lefty makes enough plays to win the game.

Steelers vs Titans - Tennessee had the #2 rushing offense last year and the total offense was in the top third of the league. Collins, Simms and Young aren't good enough against the Steeler's defense at full strength. Vince Young has added a distraction they didn't need and the Steeler run defense should be able to handle the #2 rushing offense effectively enough for the defense to be successful. The Titan defense slumped last year and they are now a year older. Steelers win on the road to go 2-0, Mendenhall should be effective once again and Lefty continues to not make mistakes.

Steelers vs Tampa - Tampa was near the bottom both offensively and defensively last year. That's too much to make up against a solid team like the Steelers in one year. There isn't a QB on their roster that the Steelers can't rattle and force into mistakes. The Steelers should win this one without much resistance.

Steelers vs Baltimore - Flacco will struggle as usual against the defense, but he will make enough plays for the Ravens to move the ball. Ray Rice is going to be a great back in this league (barring injury). The Raven defense forces Leftwich to do things that he isn't comfortable doing and the Steeler defense won't be able to make enough plays for the Steelers to win, unless they actually score points. I like the Ravens in this one, then the Steelers get Ben back and the season really begins.

3-1 to start, the bye week and Ben ready to go. We'll see what happens. I like the Steelers' chances in the first 4 games, no great quarterbacks to pick apart the corners, two good running games, some poor special teams play from the opponents, two games at home and only one really good defense.

Pappy

MeetJoeGreene
06-16-2010, 12:16 PM

Given those, who do you predict our new offensive coordinator to be?

RuthlessBurgher
06-16-2010, 12:26 PM

Given those, who do you predict our new offensive coordinator to be?

Byron Leftwich makes the calls in a no-huddle offense, of course! :P

flippy
06-16-2010, 12:28 PM
I also predict Flippy will enjoy watching these games.

SteelAbility
06-16-2010, 01:33 PM
Hmmm ...

1. We go 3-1
2. But it's mostly due to the D and getting Troy and A. Smith back
3. Despite the fact that it's mostly the D, the fact that we go 3-1 will be some soap-box poster's "proof" that Leftwich is better than Ben. :roll:
4. Ben loses in his first game back. More "proof." :roll:
5. Ben tears it up after that, just like he did in '05.
6. Some other rationalization will be presented (by putting a microscope on a very small sample set of plays) as further proof that Leftwich is better than Ben. :roll:
7. The rest of us will all :roll: ... you know, given that we know better.

:wink:

Prok
06-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Hmmm ...

1. We go 3-1
2. But it's mostly due to the D and getting Troy and A. Smith back
3. Despite the fact that it's mostly the D, the fact that we go 3-1 will be some soap-box poster's "proof" that Leftwich is better than Ben. :roll:
4. Ben loses in his first game back. More "proof." :roll:
5. Ben tears it up after that, just like he did in '05.
6. Some other rationalization will be presented (by putting a microscope on a very small sample set of plays) as further proof that Leftwich is better than Ben. :roll:
7. The rest of us will all :roll: ... you know, given that we know better.

:wink:

lol Excellent !

I predict i'll be OK with a 2-2 start. Thrilled with better start.

:Clap

JTP53609
06-16-2010, 02:26 PM
i predict that once week 4 is over and done with, we will be sitting pretty at.........16-0!!

and mendy will be leading the league in rushing after the fourth week too

RuthlessBurgher
06-16-2010, 03:14 PM
i predict that once week 4 is over and done with, we will be sitting pretty at.........16-0!!

Okay, perhaps we are able to beat the Falcons, Titans, Buccaneers, and Ravens in the first month. Maybe we also win all 4 of our preseason games. I'm still missing the other 8 games that would be required for us to be 16-0 once week 4 is over and done with.

hawaiiansteel
06-16-2010, 03:22 PM
bet on the under the first 4 games of the season as our defense will be stellar once again and we will run a lot of clock trying to establish our running game.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/08/12/article-1043850-0060EF6B00000258-947_468x335.jpg

papillon
06-16-2010, 03:32 PM
I hope the OP is tallying the number of votes for each of the five possible outcomes after week four. :Beer

Current tallies:

0-4 - 0
1-3 - 0
2-2 - 3
3-1 - 4
4-0 - 1 (Way to go Flip! :Beer )

Pappy

JTP53609
06-18-2010, 10:37 AM

Okay, perhaps we are able to beat the Falcons, Titans, Buccaneers, and Ravens in the first month. Maybe we also win all 4 of our preseason games. I'm still missing the other 8 games that would be required for us to be 16-0 once week 4 is over and done with.

I was just being over optimistic.......