PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Sign 3rd Round Draft Pick WR Emmanuel Sanders

hawaiiansteel
06-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Steelers Sign 3rd Round Draft Pick WR Emmanuel Sanders

http://images.athlonsports.com/d/16227-1/EmmanuelSanders.jpg

According to his Twitter account, Steelers wide receiver and 3rd round draft pick Emmanuel Sanders has signed and agreed to his rookie contract with the Steelers on Monday. Sanders was the 82nd overall pick of the 2010 NFL Draft out of SMU. The length of the contract is 3 years according to a response we got from Emmanuel himself to Steelers Depot. The deal is rumored to be totaled out at nearly 2 million dollars and include a $775,000 signing bonus. The base salary for the 3 years is: 2010: $320,000, 2011: $405,000 and 2012: $490,000.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/06/st ... l-sanders/ (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010/06/steelers-sign-3rd-round-draft-pick-wr-emmanuel-sanders/)

flippy
06-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Not bad. 3rd rounders are now practically guaranteed $1M+.

SidSmythe
06-14-2010, 04:36 PM
There is just something I like about this kid.
Maybe he can come into the league and make an immediate splash like Desean Jackson??
One can hope!!

flippy
06-14-2010, 04:39 PM
There is just something I like about this kid.
Maybe he can come into the league and make an immediate splash like Desean Jackson??
One can hope!!

Or Mike Wallace?

SidSmythe
06-14-2010, 04:40 PM
If you look at his numbers, he progressed each year and really ended his college career w/ a big year. A lot of times you see these guys have great jr. years and then have an average sr. year. He's seems to progress steadily.

flippy
06-14-2010, 04:43 PM
If you look at his numbers, he progressed each year and really ended his college career w/ a big year. A lot of times you see these guys have great jr. years and then have an average sr. year. He's seems to progress steadily.

i like the comparisons to steve smith.

Sugar
06-14-2010, 05:17 PM
After losing Tone, we will probably need him to contribute faster than most would have hoped, but he looks to have tremendous upside.

:tt2

SidSmythe
06-14-2010, 08:28 PM

i like the comparisons to steve smith.

I'll take either or!

Prok
06-14-2010, 09:59 PM
I know some people poke fun at twitter but i think it's awesome that Emanual took time to answer to me on twitter!!

Prok2 @Esanders88 Welcome to the best team in the league! No need tellin' ya you have huge assed shoes 2 fill with #88. lol

Esanders88 @Prok2 - no doubt there's huge shoes to fill. I've been watching film of Swann to see how he was so great. I can't wait to ball out!!!!!!

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1

MeetJoeGreene
06-14-2010, 10:14 PM
I know some people poke fun at twitter but i think it's awesome that Emanual took time to answer to me on twitter!!

Prok2 @Esanders88 Welcome to the best team in the league! No need tellin' ya you have huge assed shoes 2 fill with #88. lol

Esanders88 @Prok2 - no doubt there's huge shoes to fill. I've been watching film of Swann to see how he was so great. I can't wait to ball out!!!!!!

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1

:Agree :tt1
:Beer :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

Prok
06-14-2010, 10:24 PM
BTW if any of you here want to follow me on twitter you're more than welcomed. I'll folow back. Just let me know who you are!

I follow 3 or 4 other MB owners and checked 'em out (when i left my old MB before SF) but like it here better. But i still have good Steelers convo with them!

phillyesq
06-15-2010, 10:06 AM
According to PFT, here is what he had to say on Twitter:

"It's official!!!!!!!! Ya boy is a Pittsburgh Steeler!!! Signed-seeled the re deal. Can't wait to earn every cent plus more!!!!" Sanders wrote.

Love the enthusiasm and the attitude. Also nice contrast when we think about the last time a Steelers WR was "tweeting."

RuthlessBurgher
06-15-2010, 10:21 AM
According to PFT, here is what he had to say on Twitter:

"It's official!!!!!!!! Ya boy is a Pittsburgh Steeler!!! Signed-seeled the re deal. Can't wait to earn every cent plus more!!!!" Sanders wrote.

Love the enthusiasm and the attitude. Also nice contrast when we think about the last time a Steelers WR was "tweeting."

Something like "Contract finalized. Time to sign and bake. If you don't like it, just kill urself."

Prok
06-15-2010, 02:57 PM
He also answered when i asked him about Hines Ward. He basically said Ward was a great and he is like a sponge trying to absorb as much from Ward as he can.

Forgot to post it last night as it was late and i was tired.

RuthlessBurgher
06-15-2010, 03:00 PM
He also answered when i asked him about Hines Ward. He basically said Ward was a great and he is like a sponge trying to absorb as much from Ward as he can.

Fordfixer would have made that post late last night, even if he was tired.

You should be like a sponge and try to absorb as much from fordfixer as you can, rookie. :P

Prok
06-15-2010, 04:26 PM

You should be like a sponge and try to absorb as much from fordfixer as you can, rookie. :P

True dat. I have no excuse. When it comes to Steelers tidbits getting tired should have never been an option. FWIW i posted it at SU then went straight to bed without thinking of posting it here. Please accept my apollogies and be lenient with my punishment.

Damn my newby mistakes... :oops:

Prok
06-15-2010, 09:35 PM
For those interested: I am in the midst of a LONG convo with Sanders AGAIN tonigt! Can't believe my luck!! This guy has me thouroughly impressed !!!

Instead of C&P'ing it just look me up on twiter if you're interested!!

:tt1

kiwi_sarah
06-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Love what he just said about Ben

Prok
06-15-2010, 10:12 PM

What an impressive young man. Can ya believe he's actually following me now ?? I feel sooooooo blessed. I have an actual Steelers player folowing me! Damn! LOL

kiwi_sarah
06-15-2010, 10:15 PM

What an impressive young man. Can ya believe he's actually following me now ?? I feel sooooooo blessed. I have an actual Steelers player folowing me! Damn! LOL

After watching the back and forth, I think you might have a bit of a bromance going on :tt2

Prok
06-15-2010, 10:22 PM
[quote="kiwi_sarah":2aj4sll5]Love what he just said about Ben

After watching the back and forth, I think you might have a bit of a bromance going on :tt2[/quote:2aj4sll5]

LOL

Well i always figured if i'm gonna have a bromance i'd hope it was with a Steeler!! lol

What a great guy so far though. I feel like a kid in a STEELERS candy store. lol

flippy
06-15-2010, 10:22 PM

Tell him your boy Flippy expects a SuperBowl this year. And Sanders needs to go beat out Randle El in camp.

Prok
06-15-2010, 10:53 PM

Tell him your boy Flippy expects a SuperBowl this year. And Sanders needs to go beat out Randle El in camp.

He commented that he thinks our WR corps is very deep. And he say's he has been shadowing Ward every practice. LOL
He also was IMPRESSED with Ben. Say's he see's why he makes the big bucks. Say's he's never seen anything like Ben @ QB. Real good stuff IMO.

I'll ask yin'z the same as i asked SU: Do ya think it would be prudent if i asked him to do a Q&A session with the PS community here some day? Would yin'z be interested in something like that?

I'm thinking it would be good idea to get better friendship established first.

Prok
06-15-2010, 11:21 PM
BTW my apollogies if i come off as a bragart. I am just soooooo excited to actually have made a friend on my fav team. Man i just feel so fortunate. I LOVE the Steelers !!

flippy
06-15-2010, 11:47 PM

He commented that he thinks our WR corps is very deep. And he say's he has been shadowing Ward every practice. LOL
He also was IMPRESSED with Ben. Say's he see's why he makes the big bucks. Say's he's never seen anything like Ben @ QB. Real good stuff IMO.

I'll ask yin'z the same as i asked SU: Do ya think it would be prudent if i asked him to do a Q&A session with the PS community here some day? Would yin'z be interested in something like that?

Heck yeah. Invite him to post over here. I'll knock SN1 down to the 2nd most famous poster immediately.

flippy
06-15-2010, 11:50 PM
BTW my apollogies if i come off as a bragart. I am just soooooo excited to actually have made a friend on my fav team. Man i just feel so fortunate. I LOVE the Steelers !!

Brag away, it's pretty cool. I think Chadman or someone here is friends with half the team on facebook. It'd be cool if you guys could get the team posting over here.

MeetJoeGreene
06-16-2010, 08:26 AM

Heck yeah. Invite him to post over here. I'll knock SN1 down to the 2nd most famous poster immediately.
I agree. That would be sweet.

I am mixed about the sentiment of waiting or not. That does make sense. OTOH, he may very well become "flooded" with new twitter followings and you may lose contact in the deluge. It may be wise to not wait TOO long to capitalize.

ikestops85
06-16-2010, 10:20 AM

Brag away, it's pretty cool. I think Chadman or someone here is friends with half the team on facebook. It'd be cool if you guys could get the team posting over here.

Speaking of Chadman ... where has he been? I kinda miss the posts from down under. :(

RuthlessBurgher
06-16-2010, 10:34 AM

Speaking of Chadman ... where has he been? I kinda miss the posts from down under. :(

He still pops on now and again (he commented on the bludgeoning that the Aussie soccer team took in their World Cup opener vs. Germany this week over in the General Discussion forum), but I think he may have more responsibilites at present after Chadbaby's arrival. I'm sure we'll see more of him (and many others) once the season starts (or at least training camp).

Prok
06-16-2010, 02:45 PM
I have mixed feelings as well. I don't want to come off as be-friending him for the sake of getting him to do Q & A's and such.

He genuinely wants to fit in the Steeler Nation family.

Most players don't want to post at MB's and such anyways.

Was thinking i could send him certain questions and post his answers, if it can be done tactfully.

He seems like a great character guy. I'm definately hoping he makes it big with us.

flippy
06-16-2010, 03:43 PM
List of Questions for Prok for Emmanuel Sanders.

1. Should I call you Go-Go?

2. How soon do you expect you and Wallace will be the new "Deadly Combo"?

3. Will you have a better rookie year than Wallace?

4. Are you concerned about your size relative to NFL corners?

5. Do you think you can have as fast an impact in Pittsburgh like you had at SMU?

6. Did Hines teach you to block yet?

7. Would you rather have a big catch for a TD or a pancake block to spring someone else for a TD?

8. Predict your rookie stats.

9. Now that you're in Pittsburgh, who's your favorite person you've met thus far?

10. Which other rookie is gonna give you a run for Steelers rookie of the year?

11. Who taught you to dance? Those moves in the mirror were hillarious.

RuthlessBurgher
06-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Ask him what his favorite Primanti sandwich is. Tell him he need to try them all to make an informed decision. He needs to bulk up a bit on his 180 lbs. frame, and what better way to do it than thick Italian bread, french fries, cole slaw, and assorted meats? Actually, now that I think about it, there would plenty of healthier ways for him to put on the pounds as muscle instead of a Primanti gut, but aren't many tastier ways to add weight!

flippy
06-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Ask him what his favorite Primanti sandwich is. Tell him he need to try them all to make an informed decision. He needs to bulk up a bit on his 180 lbs. frame, and what better way to do it than thick Italian bread, french fries, cole slaw, and assorted meats? Actually, now that I think about it, there would plenty of healthier ways for him to put on the pounds as muscle instead of a Primanti gut, but aren't many tastier ways to add weight!

He needs to eat whatever Armpit Jr's been eating.

Prok
06-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Well he told me he doesn't mind me asking questions and he loves to talk football.

He's got me on his friends list on twitter so i doubt i get lost in the influx of new followers he's bound to get. Especially if/when he makes the team.

Last 2 nights we talked was pretty late in the evening so i'll try to get hold of him later tonight.

Have i mentioned how freakin' awesome this experience has been for me ??

I have been bragging to ALL my friends. LOL

flippy
06-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Well he told me he doesn't mind me asking questions and he loves to talk football.

He's got me on his friends list on twitter so i doubt i get lost in the influx of new followers he's bound to get. Especially if/when he makes the team.

Last 2 nights we talked was pretty late in the evening so i'll try to get hold of him later tonight.

Have i mentioned how freakin' awesome this experience has been for me ??

I have been bragging to ALL my friends. LOL

You should be. I have a really good feeling about this kid. You might be buds with the best Steelers WR of all time.

Prok
06-16-2010, 05:11 PM
If you do the twitter thing Flippy i highly recommend looking him up. If he's available he'll surely be willing to talk with ya.

I'm quite impressed with how personable the young man is. And he WANTS to be part of the Steeler family and inter-act with us fans.

I know plenty of ppl mock and or are scared of twitter due to guys like Santonio's actions but that is not what it's about IMO. And I think this guy knows how to keep his nose clean so to speak.

flippy
06-16-2010, 05:19 PM
If you do the twitter thing Flippy i highly recommend looking him up. If he's available he'll surely be willing to talk with ya.

I'm quite impressed with how personable the young man is. And he WANTS to be part of the Steeler family and inter-act with us fans.

I know plenty of ppl mock and or are scared of twitter due to guys like Santonio's actions but that is not what it's about IMO. And I think this guy knows how to keep his nose clean so to speak.

i'm a technophobe.

too bad there's no a twitter what you just typed to emmanuel sanders button next to the submit button on this site.

fordfixer
06-16-2010, 10:16 PM

True dat. I have no excuse. When it comes to Steelers tidbits getting tired should have never been an option. FWIW i posted it at SU then went straight to bed without thinking of posting it here. Please accept my apollogies and be lenient with my punishment.

Damn my newby mistakes... :oops:

Someone should take away your Man card (if you ever had one to start with) :loser :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW what's a twitter? :oops: :lol: :lol:

Prok
06-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Well i got super busy last night and didn't get on til' real late. Apparently he was busy as well. Next time we talk i'll ask more football questions and see if i can post his answers.

Prok
06-20-2010, 08:47 PM
UPDATE: He has AGREED to do a Q&A session with us. Let's try to keep it to football related questions please. We're setting it up for one night this week.

I figured i'd give yin'z time to get questions in.

Keep in mind i'm going to try to get this done for BOTH sites and not sure how much time he'll have. i promise i'll do my best to get as many answered as posible !!

hawaiiansteel
06-22-2010, 01:34 AM
UPDATE: He has AGREED to do a Q&A session with us. Let's try to keep it to football related questions please. We're setting it up for one night this week.

Keep in mind i'm going to try to get this done for BOTH sites and not sure how much time he'll have. i promise i'll do my best to get as many answered as posible !!

You Are DA MAN! :Clap

I wanna be just like you when I grow up... :D

RuthlessBurgher
06-22-2010, 10:14 AM

You Are DA MAN! :Clap

I wanna be just like you when I grow up... :D

I don't wanna grow up.

http://rlv.zcache.com/toys_r_us_kid_tshirt-p235432282900578665qn6k_400.jpg

steelnuts
06-23-2010, 07:27 AM

Have u kissed him yet, or are u scared to try !! Please tell us if you get to first base with him ! :D