PDA

View Full Version : You know it's the offseason when

fordfixer
06-14-2010, 12:21 AM
I'm stealing an idea from an SN1 post(I don't have any ideas of my own) How do you know its the offseason?

SN1_You know I how know it's the offseason? We have people giving weather updates, running updates, and talking about getting old and fat.

LordVile
06-14-2010, 12:36 AM
I'm stealing an idea from an SN1 post(I don't have any ideas of my own) How do you know its the offseason?

SN1_You know I how know it's the offseason? We have people giving weather updates, running updates, and talking about getting old and fat.

You know it's the offseason when you start watching your entire Steelers DVD collection for the 2nd time around...

flippy
06-14-2010, 07:06 AM
Ben does something stupid again.

kiwi_sarah
06-14-2010, 07:17 AM
You know it's the offseason when you get so bored you try to paint hypocycloids on the side of your cat using food coloring.

No? Just me then.

Oviedo
06-14-2010, 07:34 AM
You know it's the offseason when you get so bored you try to paint hypocycloids on the side of your cat using food coloring.

No? Just me then.

That's funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

You definitely need to post more

stlrz d
06-14-2010, 07:45 AM
YKITOSW...there are no NFL games.

What do I win?

fordfixer
06-14-2010, 08:04 AM

What do I win?

Kiwi_Sarah's cat :lol:

flippy
06-14-2010, 08:05 AM

What do I win?

YKITOSW when Flippy stares at YKITOSW for 5 minutes before he figures out what YKITOSW means. After further contemplation, Flippy realizes that stlrz-d is a NKOTB fan and now understands why he doesn't like Renegade. ROTFLMFAO I also wonder how stlrz-d would shorten the phrase fornication under the consent of the king?

Maybe he would use one of his other favorite songs for his guidance. That Brittany Spears song "If You Seek Amy".

SteelBucks
06-14-2010, 08:24 AM

$$$$$$

ramblinjim
06-14-2010, 09:58 AM
YKITOSW when I come to the Planet fourteen times a day, praying for some little snippet of Steelers news that someone posted only to realize that there have only been three comments posted since the last time I logged in.

:cry:

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 10:01 AM
http://www.messengerfreak.com/emoticons/smilies/bow_down2.gif

I know it's the offseason when I'm posting on a Steelers board and the majority of my posts have absolutely nothing to do with the Steelers.

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:25 AM
YKITOSW when I come to the Planet fourteen times a day, praying for some little snippet of Steelers news that someone posted only to realize that there have only been three comments posted since the last time I logged in.

:cry:

This is pretty much how I feel too. I post something every time I check in. No matter how stupid :oops:

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:27 AM
YKITOSW when the most popular thread on the board is called "God, Theology, and Dogma."

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:28 AM
YKITOSW Flippy starts a Trash Talking thread and no one other than RB even notices.

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:29 AM
YKITOSW when Flippy starts a never ending make you laugh thread and it loses steam.

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:30 AM
YKITOSW Flippy starts talking to himself.

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:31 AM
YKITOSW Flippy loses his mind.

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:32 AM
YKITOSW you can't wait for the N Days Until Kickoff Thread to Go Away.

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:55 AM
YKITOSW OTAs have meaning in your life.

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:56 AM
YKITOSW when your biggest concern is your 1st round pick's ability to communicate with the rest of the OLine.

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:56 AM
YKITOSW you hang on to Mike Tomlin's every word like he's saying something of substance to the media.

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:57 AM
YKITOSW people are talking about Hines' hammy instead of his bariatric chamber.

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:59 AM
YKITOSW Fordfixer runs out of articles to post.

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:00 AM
YKITOSW you consider writing a nursery rhyme about Wallace108, but don't have enough juice.

siss
06-14-2010, 11:01 AM
YKITOSW you learn about the GBI, DTF and the NFL Personal Conduct policy, oh my!

flippy
YKITOSW the Pirates continue to lose.

flippy
YKITOSW Kennywood is open.

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:03 AM
YKITOSW kiwi_sarah tells us about the hypocycloids on her cat and it's the most interesting post stlrz-d has seen in months.

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:03 AM
YKITOSW you guys let me have a thread all to myself.

ikestops85
06-14-2010, 11:04 AM
C'mon Flippy ... is that all you've got? :moon

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:04 AM
YKITOSW I can just read the board and don't have to login to see any PMs.

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:05 AM
YKITOSW Flippy stops taking his meds.

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:07 AM
YKITOSW you learn about the GBI, DTF and the NFL Personal Conduct policy, oh my!

nice

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:08 AM
C'mon Flippy ... is that all you've got? :moon

YKITOSW when you know more people are enjoying :moon (s) over my hammy @ Denny's on a Sunday instead of tailgaiting outside Heinz Field.

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:11 AM
YKITOSW Flippy hijacks another thread and no one really cares.

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:12 AM
YKITOSW cruzer08 can't pick up any new message board chicks.

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:12 AM
YKITOSW siss goes through a dry spell.

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:14 AM
YKITOSW Steelers Fever refugees show up and we welcome the crap out of them.

MeetJoeGreene
06-14-2010, 11:14 AM

I checked my fly when I read that.

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:15 AM

I checked my fly when I read that.

:lol thanks for reading and getting it.

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:16 AM
YKITOSW you look forward to hearing what's new in HeHateMe's world.

MeetJoeGreene
06-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Somebody digs out the Steelers Chuck Norris facts threads and starts making updates.

Somebody starts photoshop contests again

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:17 AM
YKITOSW people spend a lot of time pondering if HeHateMe is fdiz

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:19 AM
YKITOSW you get excited to watch Kobe vs Pierce/Rondo.

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:20 AM
YKITOSW Ovi struggles coming up with a new football topic.

siss
06-14-2010, 11:28 AM
My dry spell is going to be even longer this year with out Ben around to rev me up!

Go Steelers :tt1

*insert halftime joke*

papillon
06-14-2010, 11:34 AM
My dry spell is going to be even longer this year with out Ben around to rev me up!

*insert halftime joke*

Well, you really should practice your half-time activities, so that, your husband/significant other sees that you can maintain your intensity. :P And, I'm sure he'll enjoy the practice. :tt2 :tt2

Pappy

siss
06-14-2010, 11:39 AM

*insert halftime joke*

Well, you really should practice your half-time activities, so that, your husband/significant other sees that you can maintain your intensity. :P And, I'm sure he'll enjoy the practice. :tt2 :tt2

Pappy
:Boobs

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:43 AM

*insert halftime joke*

Pappy

You might want to hold off on practice a month or so just in case one slips past the goalie and you end up with an unexpected present coming a little early right around SuperBowl time.

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:45 AM
unless of course you want to carry a baby for Jiga. He's got SuperBowl bloodlines so we've gotta make sure he has another kid next year too. And I think we should have a backup plan just in case Mrs Jigga is tired and doesn't come through for us next year.

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 11:58 AM
Yeah, siss. You gotta get some practice in before the season starts. You don't want to pull a hamstring or something.

siss
06-14-2010, 12:01 PM

*insert halftime joke*

Pappy

You might want to hold off on practice a month or so just in case one slips past the goalie and you end up with an unexpected present coming a little early right around SuperBowl time.
I would tell the doctor to get that baby out of me so I can watch the Super Bowl!

flippy
06-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Yeah, siss. You gotta get some practice in before the season starts. You don't want to pull a hamstring or something.

And I'm sure if you pull a hammy, your hubby doesn't want to see ARE taking your spot.

siss
06-14-2010, 12:02 PM
I go into camp and work myself into shape!

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 12:08 PM
Ah, I see ... training on your own ... kinda like Troy. Or not. :lol:

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 12:10 PM

And I'm sure if you pull a hammy, your hubby doesn't want to see ARE taking your spot.
LOL ... that would be the worst halftime show ever!!!!

siss
06-14-2010, 12:14 PM
Something like that...sure...

siss
06-14-2010, 12:15 PM

LOL ... that would be the worst halftime show ever!!!!
That defeats the purpose of halftime!

flippy
06-14-2010, 12:19 PM

:lol

You're not gonna make it through the season if you spend too much time polishing the pearl.

siss
06-14-2010, 12:25 PM

You're not gonna make it through the season if you spend too much time polishing the pearl.
Oh dear lord can we change the subject?

Flip have you contributed to Steeler Nation?

flippy
06-14-2010, 12:45 PM

Oh dear lord can we change the subject?

Flip have you contributed to Steeler Nation?

It was Wallace's fault. :oops:

I'll get the thread back on track.

flippy
06-14-2010, 12:46 PM
YKITOSW Flippy gets a thread back on track.

flippy
06-14-2010, 12:47 PM
YKITOSW it's 97 degrees in early June.

flippy
06-14-2010, 12:48 PM
YKITOSW I don't flip the channel when they show Stephen Strassburg on ESPN.

flippy
06-14-2010, 12:49 PM
YKITOSW Santonio disappears in a puff of smoke.

papillon
06-14-2010, 01:42 PM
YKITOSW - You look forward to the 99 days until kickoff thread and, then , once it starts you celebrate every time the number of days to kickoff change the 10s position, goes from 90 to 89, 80 to 79, etc.

YKITOSW - When you start looking for Steeler gear or paraphernalia to use as your lucky Steeler charm. (Last year was my Steeler golf shirt, wore it for every game, it's been retired, since the Steelers played football about as well as I play golf.) I'm not sure what I'll go with this year. I may break down and buy a game jersey.

Pappy

Prok
06-14-2010, 02:23 PM
YKITOSW my heart rate is normal. I've had zero heart attacks. Zero upset stomach's. And my blood pressure has finally gotten back to somewhat normal. So nobody mention the freakin' losing streak for a while OR Milledgeville and i'm cool.

:tt1

BTW Flippy has flipped it. lol

Prok
06-14-2010, 02:26 PM
YKITOSW - You look forward to the 99 days until kickoff thread and, then , once it starts you celebrate every time the number of days to kickoff change the 10s position, goes from 90 to 89, 80 to 79, etc.

YKITOSW - When you start looking for Steeler gear or paraphernalia to use as your lucky Steeler charm. (Last year was my Steeler golf shirt, wore it for every game, it's been retired, since the Steelers played football about as well as I play golf.) I'm not sure what I'll go with this year. I may break down and buy a game jersey.

Pappy

FTR i have found that Steelers tee-shirts have much better luck during Steelers games. Unless you are actually attending games, then dis-reguard. :D

flippy
06-14-2010, 02:31 PM

Pappy

FTR i have found that Steelers tee-shirts have much better luck during Steelers games. Unless you are actually attending games, then dis-reguard. :D

Don't wear Steelers boxers either. I have a pair with a long losing "streak". badabing

flippy
06-14-2010, 02:33 PM

Just one more reason YKITOS. :D

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 02:33 PM
HAHA ... you know it's the offseason when you're getting blamed for something you didn't do!!

Prok
06-14-2010, 02:39 PM

Pappy

Don't wear Steelers boxers either. I have a pair with a long losing "streak". badabing

LOL

Last year i actually went to that Kmart acrossed the street and bought the boxer pants. :D

Prok
06-14-2010, 02:42 PM
HAHA ... you know it's the offseason when you're getting blamed for something you didn't do!!

Can we just go ahead and ban this Wallace guy now ???
I sense trouble...

:D

;)

siss
06-14-2010, 02:45 PM
YKITOSW my heart rate is normal. I've had zero heart attacks. Zero upset stomach's. And my blood pressure has finally gotten back to somewhat normal. So nobody mention the freakin' losing streak for a while OR Milledgeville and i'm cool.

Can we ban the word Milledgeville from this board? If I never hear that again I wont be sad!

Prok
06-14-2010, 02:52 PM

Can we ban the word Milledgeville from this board? If I never hear that again I wont be sad!

Amen Siss. Kicked my self in the nads for even mentioning it. Oweeeeee!!

flippy
06-14-2010, 02:54 PM

Pappy

LOL

Last year i actually went to that Kmart acrossed the street and bought the boxer pants. :D

:shock: A friend bought me the same pair and they're cursed as well. That KMart is a gold mine of cheap Steelers stuff. I always try to hit the KMarts and Walmarts in Pittsburgh when I get back.

flippy
06-14-2010, 02:55 PM

Amen Siss. Kicked my self in the nads for even mentioning it. Oweeeeee!!

Thanks for saving us the trouble. :lol

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 03:01 PM
I sense trouble...

:Hater
It wouldn't be the first time I've been banned in the past week. :lol:

flippy
06-14-2010, 03:03 PM
I sense trouble...

You and your pearls of wisdom.....dangit, hurry up and change the subject please.....

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 03:04 PM
I sense trouble...

You and your pearls of wisdom.....dangit, hurry up and change the subject please.....
OK, what are you listening to right now? I'm listening to Alive by Pearl Jam.

EDIT: Going in hiding from siss ...

Prok
06-14-2010, 03:06 PM
I sense trouble...

Yeah i figured i could try to get you un-banned then we'd be even. lol

flippy
06-14-2010, 03:06 PM

clark howard

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 03:13 PM
I sense trouble...

Yeah i figured i could try to get you un-banned then we'd be even. lol
And here I thought you were just trying to get me banned so I couldn't close in your post count. http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/images/smilies/pw.gif :lol:

flippy
06-14-2010, 03:14 PM

clark howard

omg, i can't believe that went over my head.

here's one that's too good to believe. it's been 69 years since pearl harbor was bombed.

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 03:17 PM

clark howard

:lol: I'm hoping it went over siss' head as well ... I keep waiting for the virtual slap. :wink:

flippy
06-14-2010, 03:18 PM

Wasn't that the town where Ben tried to help some college girl find her lost pearl in the bathroom?

flippy
06-14-2010, 03:22 PM

clark howard

:lol: I'm hoping it went over siss' head as well ... I keep waiting for the virtual slap. :wink:

I'd call you out, but she might not notice because her blackberry pearl is on vibrate.

flippy
06-14-2010, 03:25 PM
YKITOSW Wallace clams up.

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 03:25 PM
That's it ... I'm going over to the God and Theology thread. Less controversial. :lol:

siss
06-14-2010, 03:27 PM

clark howard

I'd call you out, but she might not notice because her blackberry pearl is on vibrate.
*shakes head*
Men...I mean boys... :HeadBanger

Wallace I hope you never again experience the way I do!

flippy
06-14-2010, 03:28 PM
That's it ... I'm going over to the God and Theology thread. Less controversial. :lol:

God created all the creatures in the sea :wink

flippy
06-14-2010, 03:30 PM

God created all the creatures in the sea :wink

Oh and Ricardo's over there talking about Pi with Shawn :lol:

What's your favorite flavor?

ramblinjim
06-14-2010, 03:31 PM

I know it's the offseason when I'm posting on a Steelers board and the majority of my posts have absolutely nothing to do with the Steelers.

Wallace - where do you get these smiley's?

flippy
06-14-2010, 03:34 PM

He mentioned some place called mikimotos

RuthlessBurgher
06-14-2010, 03:53 PM
I sense trouble...

C'mon, man...

You should have picked a more appropriate Pearl Jam song than Alive.

I would have personally gone with Glorified G. :lol:

Also acceptable:

Got Some

Yellow Ledbetter

Spin the Black Circle

Not For You

Even Flow

Bushleaguer

Habit

Around the Bend

Forces of Nature

Down

Dirty Frank

Gonna See My Friend

Life Wasted

Wishlist

Last Kiss

Master/Slave

Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town

flippy
06-14-2010, 03:56 PM
I sense trouble...

C'mon, man...

Also acceptable:

Got Some

Yellow Ledbetter

Spin the Black Circle

Not For You

Even Flow

Bushleaguer

Habit

Around the Bend

Forces of Nature

Down

Dirty Frank

Gonna See My Friend

Life Wasted

Wishlist

Last Kiss

Master/Slave

No wonder they were called Pearl Jam. :wink

RuthlessBurgher
06-14-2010, 03:59 PM

Do you know that Pearl Jam originally wanted to call themselves Mookie Blaylock? Yeah, like the basketball player. They should have just changed it to something like Dookie Blaylock (like Gnarls Barkley did).

flippy
06-14-2010, 04:08 PM

Do you know that Pearl Jam originally wanted to call themselves Mookie Blaylock? Yeah, like the basketball player. They should have just changed it to something like Dookie Blaylock (like Gnarls Barkley did).

:lol Cause Mookie was a playa? I don't get that one.

But Gnarles looks like Charles short chubby brother....

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_wWjBZMqzIA4iSjzbkF/SIG=12phu1kd1/EXP=1276632470/**http%3a//www.morethings.com/music/gnarls_barkley/gnarls-barkley-210.jpg

I kinda get that...

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 04:12 PM
I just do a google search for what I'm looking for. Found that one here: http://www.messengerfreak.com/

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 04:14 PM
I sense trouble...

C'mon, man...

Also acceptable:

Got Some

Yellow Ledbetter

Spin the Black Circle

Not For You

Even Flow

Bushleaguer

Habit

Around the Bend

Forces of Nature

Down

Dirty Frank

Gonna See My Friend

Life Wasted

Wishlist

Last Kiss

Master/Slave

No way ... I've gotten myself in enough trouble. :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
06-14-2010, 04:17 PM

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_wWjBZMqzIA4iSjzbkF/SIG=12phu1kd1/EXP=1276632470/**http%3a//www.morethings.com/music/gnarls_barkley/gnarls-barkley-210.jpg

I kinda get that...

Are you saying that Eddie Vedder doesn't look like Mookie? :lol:

http://legendsrevealed.com/entertainment/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/mookie.jpghttp://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060502/060502_vedder_vmed_2p.widec.jpg

flippy
06-14-2010, 04:18 PM

I kinda get that...

Are you saying that Eddie Vedder doesn't look like Mookie? :lol:

http://legendsrevealed.com/entertainment/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/mookie.jpghttp://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060502/060502_vedder_vmed_2p.widec.jpg

only you could have found those pics :Bow

kiwi_sarah
06-14-2010, 05:07 PM
C'mon, man...

Also acceptable:

Got Some

Yellow Ledbetter

Spin the Black Circle

Not For You

Even Flow

Bushleaguer

Habit

Around the Bend

Forces of Nature

Down

Dirty Frank

Gonna See My Friend

Life Wasted

Wishlist

Last Kiss

Master/Slave

:lol: :lol: "Do the Evolution"? and how'd you miss "Thumbing my Way"?!?

As an aside....PJ fan? I went to the last show on their world tour this previous November....it was beyond amazing.

Prok
06-14-2010, 05:16 PM

Yeah good luck with that. Hey, maybe you can translate some of the language in that thread for me ?? lol

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 05:46 PM

Yeah good luck with that. Hey, maybe you can translate some of the language in that thread for me ?? lol
I was just thinking it's probably better to offend Preacher than siss ... :wink:

flippy
06-14-2010, 06:27 PM

If you guys figure it out, please let me know too.

I swear I have to do an hour of research for almost every thread.

I've got a further reading list that will keep me busy for years.

It's like living in a house of educated doctors and I'm the high school dropout :lol

flippy
06-14-2010, 06:28 PM

I was just thinking it's probably better to offend Preacher than siss ... :wink:

Preacher isn't offendable. If he was I'm sure ricardo would have gotten to him by now.

Prok
06-14-2010, 06:58 PM

It's like living in a house of educated doctors and I'm the high school dropout :lol

Damn, I get the exact same feeling. lol

I chimed in once to give my perspective then see all this stuff about metanarritives and such and just thougt to myself get the F out of here with your simple philosophies. :Bow

I'll still read it though just to try n learn. :D

siss
06-14-2010, 07:19 PM

I chimed in once to give my perspective then see all this stuff about metanarritives and such and just thougt to myself get the F out of here with your simple philosophies. :Bow

Oh thank God Im not the only one!.

RuthlessBurgher
06-14-2010, 07:30 PM

You and your mom are hilbillies. This is a house of learned doctors.

You're not a doctor... you're a big, fat, curly-headed #*@%!

eniparadoxgma
06-14-2010, 07:31 PM
lol guys I'm lovin that thread.

You all should feel free to drop in and give your perspective on things. Hell, feel free to attack all of my views. I enjoy it. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

RuthlessBurgher
06-14-2010, 07:35 PM

As an aside....PJ fan? I went to the last show on their world tour this previous November....it was beyond amazing.

I considered Do the Evolution. I have no idea how I could miss Thumbing My Way. That could be the leader in the clubhouse. :lol:

I like me some Mookie Blaylock...err Pearl Jam...but have not had a chance to see them live. My son is turning 9 this week and my daughter is 5, so we haven't had the opportunity to check out too many concerts in the past decade or so.

eniparadoxgma
06-14-2010, 07:44 PM

I kinda get that...

lol his name ain't Gnarls Barkley. That's Cee Lo from the Goodie Mob mang. :tt2

kiwi_sarah
06-14-2010, 07:48 PM

I considered Do the Evolution. I have no idea how I could miss Thumbing My Way. That could be the leader in the clubhouse. :lol:

I like me some Mookie Blaylock...err Pearl Jam...but have not had a chance to see them live. My son is turning 9 this week and my daughter is 5, so we haven't had the opportunity to check out too many concerts in the past decade or so.

That was my first time - I hope it won't be the last. They hadn't been in NZ for almost a decade, my only regret is not selling half of my possessions to see the other NZ show they played.

If you ever get a chance, go. They really exceeded my astronomically high expectations.

Prok
06-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Damn all this Pearl Jam talk makes me think only one thing..........

Nirvana FTW !!! :mrgreen:

stlrz d
06-14-2010, 08:47 PM
I sense trouble...

C'mon, man...

Also acceptable:

Got Some

Yellow Ledbetter

Spin the Black Circle

Not For You

Even Flow

Bushleaguer

Habit

Around the Bend

Forces of Nature

Down

Dirty Frank

Gonna See My Friend

Life Wasted

Wishlist

Last Kiss

Master/Slave

[youtube:34z1473x]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M-VHrFNMINs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M-VHrFNMINs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:34z1473x]

[youtube:34z1473x]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2xO_N-YHQlY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2xO_N-YHQlY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:34z1473x]

[youtube:34z1473x]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GNINw1wNdno&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GNINw1wNdno&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:34z1473x]

[youtube:34z1473x]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rA2vZj4tbQE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rA2vZj4tbQE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:34z1473x]

[youtube:34z1473x]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2mCZpomuh6w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2mCZpomuh6w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:34z1473x]

And so Prok doesn't feel left out:

[youtube:34z1473x]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1-NZWtTJYI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O1-NZWtTJYI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:34z1473x]

[youtube:34z1473x]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U6LXOIvIKyw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U6LXOIvIKyw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:34z1473x]

[youtube:34z1473x]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1xZg3XO_zIs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1xZg3XO_zIs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:34z1473x]

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 11:22 PM
You know it's the offseason when you can derail a thread by mentioning Pearl Jam.

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs10/150/i/2006/137/b/f/Pearl_Jam___Eddie_Vedder_by_kumaslide.jpg

fordfixer
06-14-2010, 11:43 PM
I can't believe no one brought up Pearl Necklace by ZZ top :shock: 8)

flippy
06-15-2010, 06:04 AM
lol guys I'm lovin that thread.

You all should feel free to drop in and give your perspective on things. Hell, feel free to attack all of my views. I enjoy it. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

Agree with eni. And you're safe from the metanarratives for another 5 weeks cause Preacher's busy with school.

I'll sum up the thread so far for yinz in my simplistic and sometimes askew view.

Eni - He's a deep thinker. Knows tons of philosophical stuff but tries to talk to you at your level. Typically gets most difficult to understand when talking to Preacher. You need a PHD to understand these 2. Eni thinks religion is crazy, and he's not afraid to drop a teacup floating in outer space on you.

Shawn - A learned doctor. So he has the chops to go deep with these others, but he's down to earth and doesn't use big words I can't understand. Puts some deep thought into his stuff so you can end up thinking about what he writes for a long time afterward. But generally easy to follow. He's conversational.

Preacher - Speaks another language. Not sure what it is sometimes. But I like this guy nonetheless. He's patient with my ignorance. And metanarrative is just his baseline perspective on things. It's what he calls his glasses through which he sees the world. He thinks we all have these special glasses and we all see different stuff through them. There's a lot of similarities between our glasses but also differences. I think he reads the Bible and history books while wearing these metanarrative glasses.

Ricardismo - This guy sniffs glue and that's no joke. He the Joker to Preacher's Batman. He's Eni's BFFF. And intellectual discipline is his game. He's probably a Rhoads Scholar. He's a bit of a man of mystery to me. I'm sure he'd be suited to do something like negotiating peace in the Middle East. I'm still trying to figure him out at this point.

Flippy - This guy's a joke and that's no joke. He has a small vocabulary. But he likes to pretend he knows what's going on in this thread to impress others and make them believe he just might be a learned doctor too. But it's clear he's not. It's clear he's confused. It's clear he's over matched by men of greater stature and knowledge. But like Jay Z put it, Flippy's the kind of guy that's loud as a motorbike, but wouldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.

So as Eni was saying, c'mon over and help your boy flippy bust these guy's grapes. :tt1

flippy
06-15-2010, 06:06 AM

You and your mom are hilbillies. This is a house of learned doctors.

You're not a doctor... you're a big, fat, curly-headed #*@%!

We're rolling like Abbott and Costello now.

flippy
06-15-2010, 06:09 AM

Oh thank God Im not the only one!.

I see you dropped by to discuss the Pearly Gates with us.....

flippy
06-15-2010, 06:11 AM
I can't believe no one brought up Pearl Necklace by ZZ top :shock: 8)

Another great song to beat the pearl drum to.

flippy
06-15-2010, 06:13 AM
Anyone like the sweet taste of pear liquor?

SteelAbility
06-15-2010, 08:15 AM
You know it's the offseason when a post titled "You know it's the offseason when" shows up on the board. :wink:

flippy
06-15-2010, 08:27 AM
YKITOW you run out of ideas for the YKITOW thread.