PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young is the prime suspect in a Saturday night assault

JAR
06-13-2010, 08:20 PM
Dallas Police Dept (CBS 11/TXA 21)- Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young is the prime suspect in a Saturday night assault at a Dallas strip club that left an individual with bodily injury,an official with the Dallas Police Department said Sunday.
No warrant has been issued, but police say Young is the main suspect. The altercation allegedly broke out after words were exchanged at Club Onyx on 10557 Wire Way. Police believe Young left the scene before officers arrived, a DPD official said.

The Houson native was drafted by the Tennessee Titans with the 3rd overall pick in teh NFL 2006 draft. He is known for leading his alma mater, the University of Texas to a national championship in 2006. He threw for 467 Yards in that win against the University of Southern California.

He remains the starting quarterback for the Nashville-based Titans.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... ce-young/1 (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/06/police-issue-assault-citation-to-tennessee-titans-qb-vince-young/1)

Discipline of Steel
06-13-2010, 08:34 PM
So how many games suspension for a starting QB who is actually charged with a crime? (if charges come to fruition) At least 8, right? :stirpot

plainnasty
06-13-2010, 09:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtxdwHjb ... bedded#%21 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtxdwHjbBPI&feature=player_embedded#%21)

The fight is even on video. It should be interesting to see how the NFL handles this.

LordVile
06-13-2010, 09:27 PM
8 games sounds around right... :tt2

BURGH86STEEL
06-13-2010, 09:47 PM
When will players learn? He is probably looking at a 1 to 4 game suspension.

stlrz d
06-13-2010, 10:40 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d818a37a9&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

Police: Young issued citation, no arrests planned, after altercation

NFL.com Wire Reports

Police say Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young received an assault citation after an altercation at a Dallas strip club early Sunday morning, but no arrests were made.

Dallas police Lt. Andy Harvey said Young was not at Club Onyx when police responded to a call of a physical confrontation. Harvey said the incident was being investigated and no arrests were planned. He said he had no other details on the incident.

Harvey said an investigation led to Young receiving a Class C assault citation, punishable by a fine up to $500.

According to CBS affiliate KTVT in Dallas, which first reported the incident, Police officials interviewed witnesses and reviewed a tape of the incident before issuing the citation.

Titans coach Jeff Fisher told TitansRadio.com that he found out about the incident early Sunday morning.

"I'd like to speculate, but we just have to wait until we get the facts," Fisher said. "It's too early to jump to conclusions."

The Titans also issued a statement Sunday stating they had spoken with Young.

"We are aware of the report about Vince Young," Titans director of media relations and services Robbie Bohren said. "The organization has been in touch with Vince and we will continue to gather addition information."

KTVT reported one person was injured in the incident, which allegedly took place after words were exchanged in the back office of the club. According to The CW affiliate KDAF in Dallas, the person assaulted is an employee of the club.

A video of the incident, according to KTVT, shows Young speaking to a manager when another man in the office makes a derogatory "Horns down" hand sign in refernce to the Texas Longhorns, Young's alma mater. Young is then seen charging the man before a fight involving multiple people breaks out.

The Titans are scheduled to conduct OTAs on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday this week.

MeetJoeGreene
06-13-2010, 10:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtxdwHjbBPI&feature=player_embedded#%21

The fight is even on video. It should be interesting to see how the NFL handles this.

My guess is he won't get anything but some recommended counseling.

The boneheads of the world baffle me.. here are some comments left by people for that video:

The hypocrisy still amazes me. Special investigating units, entire police command staff in on a weekend to deal with a class C misdemeanor, security footage? on the air two days after this happens... for a bar scuffle.

Big Ben's security footage mysteriously gets erased, cops are fired for bending over backward to let him off the hook, two weeks before any news surfaces at all, and that is for an alleged rape charge... his second!

The double standard makes me want to puke!

Oviedo
06-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Goodel had better hand out equal opportunity justice for all quarterbacks with no discrimination one way or the other. If you get 6 games for just being accused and then nothing, then being charged is far worse. If he is charged then he should get a longer suspension.

Alot was said that Goodell was trying to make a statement to the other players that a QB, especially a white QB, would not get preferencial treatment. Anxious to see what he says now. We'll see if Goodell can be consistent. I doubt he is.

steelblood
06-14-2010, 08:21 AM
A few Ben defenders and apologists around here may be as bad as the Ben bashers elsewhere. Both ignore the truth. Ben is legally without entanglements, but he readily admits to a pattern of destructive behavior and poor decisions. Please stop pretending that he has done nothing wrong or has not violated the code of conduct (whatever that is). Just as we have no idea what happened in that bathroom, we have no idea what he has admitted to Gooddell or what the NFL's investigatory committee found. The only truth is that Ben currently has been accused of no crime by law enforcement agencies.

Now, do I think that Gooddell is overreacting. He very likely is. However, without all of the information that he has in his reports, I cannot make that judgement with any certainty.

In short, Ben has neither earned the media lynching nor much of the hardcore steadfast support that he has received.

SteelAbility
06-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Goodel had better hand out equal opportunity justice for all quarterbacks with no discrimination one way or the other. If you get 6 games for just being accused and then nothing, then being charged is far worse. If he is charged then he should get a longer suspension.

Alot was said that Goodell was trying to make a statement to the other players that a QB, especially a white QB, would not get preferencial treatment. Anxious to see what he says now. We'll see if Goodell can be consistent. I doubt he is.

Well, technically, Ben was suspended for supplying alcohol to the under-aged.

flippy
06-14-2010, 08:33 AM
What's with QB/WR pair having trouble?

Ben and Santonio

Young and Sweed

Who will be next?

Marvin Harrison and Manning? I hope so.

feltdizz
06-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Marvin Harrison shot a guy and an innocent bystander in N Philly. He is now a FA and didn't play at all last year. Manning is too valuable to the league to fall.

I agree with Steelblood. Anyone who acts like Ben did nothing wrong and was unjustly punishedis fooling themselves. The last time tapes were destroyed the board went nuts. Maybe Goodell isn't as bad as some think? What if he did the Spygate scrub to protect Ben and the league?

Sugar
06-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Marvin Harrison shot a guy and an innocent bystander in N Philly. He is now a FA and didn't play at all last year. Manning is too valuable to the league to fall.

I agree with Steelblood. Anyone who acts like Ben did nothing wrong and was unjustly punishedis fooling themselves. The last time tapes were destroyed the board went nuts. Maybe Goodell isn't as bad as some think? What if he did the Spygate scrub to protect Ben and the league?

Nobody should be too big to fall. Tiger wasn't. Ben wasn't. Manning shouldn't be either.

People do things "wrong" everyday. Whatever Ben did wasn't nearly as bad as many of the celebrities that I dig do all the time. To my knowledge, the NFL didn't destroy any tapes of Ben so I don't see how his case relates all to spy-gate.

RuthlessBurgher
06-14-2010, 10:10 AM
It is interesting that we play them in week 2. If Young gets at least a 2 game suspension, then instead of the "Roethlisberger! Young! Next on CBS!" promo, we'll likely get the "Leftwich! Collins! Next on CBS!" promo or even a "Dixon! Simms! Next on CBS!" promo. Oof.

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:21 AM
It is interesting that we play them in week 2. If Young gets at least a 2 game suspension, then instead of the "Roethlisberger! Young! Next on CBS!" promo, we'll likely get the "Leftwich! Collins! Next on CBS!" promo or even a "Dixon! Simms! Next on CBS!" promo. Oof.

Collins throws a great deep ball which is not our CBs forte. I'd rather see the erratic Young.

pfelix73
06-14-2010, 10:34 AM
If the league wants to be consistent he should get at least a 6 game suspension.

Consistency- what's that?

:tt1

feltdizz
06-14-2010, 10:37 AM

Nobody should be too big to fall. Tiger wasn't. Ben wasn't. Manning shouldn't be either.

People do things "wrong" everyday. Whatever Ben did wasn't nearly as bad as many of the celebrities that I dig do all the time. To my knowledge, the NFL didn't destroy any tapes of Ben so I don't see how his case relates all to spy-gate.

Tiger's wife was the one who broke this story when she swung the 9 iron. How does Tiger have 15 girlfriends and we didn't hear a word about it for all these years? People knew about his cheating and publishers were holding it over his head and forcing him to do mag covers in exchange for silence.

No athlete should be too big to fall but some are. Brady's body guards shooting up the wedding papparazi? That didn't get big coverage. Marvin Harrison's shooting incident, he was never suspended and they waited until the season to investigate and somehow found hin innocent. Even with a smoking gun, 3 witnesses and a bystander who was shot.

You don't think the PManning presence had something to do with his record setting WR getting no punishment? If Marvin was a Buffalo Bill he would have been an example.

I'm not saying Spygate is related... but it's all under the NFL umbrella and we were very upset when the tapes were destroyed. Funny how the tapes in GA are damaged and it's not seen as brand protection.

cruzer8
06-14-2010, 11:34 AM

Tiger's wife was the one who broke this story when she swung the 9 iron. How does Tiger have 15 girlfriends and we didn't hear a word about it for all these years? People knew about his cheating and publishers were holding it over his head and forcing him to do mag covers in exchange for silence.

No athlete should be too big to fall but some are. Brady's body guards shooting up the wedding papparazi? That didn't get big coverage. Marvin Harrison's shooting incident, he was never suspended and they waited until the season to investigate and somehow found hin innocent. Even with a smoking gun, 3 witnesses and a bystander who was shot.

You don't think the PManning presence had something to do with his record setting WR getting no punishment? If Marvin was a Buffalo Bill he would have been an example.

I'm not saying Spygate is related... but it's all under the NFL umbrella and we were very upset when the tapes were destroyed. Funny how the tapes in GA are damaged and it's not seen as brand protection.

What's that Billy Madison quote again? :lol:

So many things wrong with that post. So_many_things.

RuthlessBurgher
06-14-2010, 11:39 AM

I'm partial to "If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis." :lol:

flippy
06-14-2010, 12:08 PM

Frank: Who would you rather bone, Meg Ryan or Jack Nicholson?
Billy Madison: Jack Nicholson now, or 1974?
Frank: '74.
Billy Madison: Meg Ryan.

flippy
06-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Or were you thinking of:

Veronica: So what's it like, being back in school?
Billy: I don't know. I kinda feel like an idiot sometimes. Although I am an idiot, so it kinda works out.

flippy
06-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Oh, nevermind, I got the perfect one. You think fdiz is Odoyle.

O'Doyle: O'Doyle rules.
Billy: O'Doyle, I've got a feeling your whole family's going down.

cruzer8
06-14-2010, 12:22 PM
I was thinking along the lines of the one that says how everyone is now dumber for having heard, or in this case read, that crazy post.

RuthlessBurgher
06-14-2010, 01:20 PM
I was thinking along the lines of the one that says how everyone is now dumber for having heard, or in this case read, that crazy post.

I think we all knew you meant this one:

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

But is was more fun to go off on a tangent and quote random lines from the movie instead (since this is the offseason and all)

If there is any attempt for either contestant to cheat, especially with my wife, who is a dirty, dirty, tramp, I am just gonna snap. Do I make myself clear?

flippy
06-14-2010, 02:15 PM
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

a simple "wrong" would've done just fine

plainnasty
06-14-2010, 11:03 PM

Ben was suspended for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, "technically". Show me where the NFL broke it down to supplying alcohol to the under-aged as being the reason.

stlrz d
06-14-2010, 11:20 PM

Ben was suspended for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, "technically". Show me where the NFL broke it down to supplying alcohol to the under-aged as being the reason.

http://www.oddjack.com/2010/roger-goode ... -04-25.php (http://www.oddjack.com/2010/roger-goodell-suspends-ben-roethlisberger-for-six-games-04-25.php)

”The personal conduct policy makes clear that I may impose discipline ‘even where the conduct does not result in conviction of a crime’ as, for example, where the conduct ‘imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person,”’ NFL commissioner Roger Goodell stated in his letter to Roethlisberger.

”As the District Attorney concluded, the extensive investigatory record shows that you contributed to the irresponsible consumption of alcohol by purchasing (or facilitating the purchase of) alcoholic beverages for underage college students, at least some of whom were likely already intoxicated.”

”There is no question that the excessive consumption of alcohol that evening put the students and yourself at risk. The personal – conduct policy also states that discipline is appropriate for conduct that ‘undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.’ By any measure, your conduct satisfies that standard.”

Crash
06-15-2010, 01:41 AM
Goodell couldn't say the real reason he suspended Ben: He caved to racial pressure.

Now we'll see what he does to Vince Young.

My guess is nothing. Goodell's nothing more than a coward.

Vincent Jackson has TWO DUI convictions, he's not suspended either.

hawaiiansteel
06-15-2010, 01:56 AM
If the league wants to be consistent he should get at least a 6 game suspension.

Vince Young prays that he'll avoid a suspension

Posted by Mike Florio on June 14, 2010

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2008/05/16/0516_vince_young2-1.jpg

With a fairly open and shut case of assault pending against him, thanks to a high-quality surveillance video, Titans quarterback Vince Young hopes that he won't be suspended.

"I pray to God that Roger Goodell doesn't come down hard on me, because I definitely want to be here for my teammates," Young said Monday, per Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com.

As we mentioned earlier tonight, linebacker Joey Porter received in 2008 a fine in the amount of one game check for assaulting former Bengals tackle Levi Jones in Las Vegas. Whether that precedent has any relevance in the wake of a the six-game suspension imposed on Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger remains to be seen.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... uspension/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/14/vince-young-prays-that-hell-avoid-a-suspension/)

flippy
06-15-2010, 05:27 AM
Goodell couldn't say the real reason he suspended Ben: He caved to racial pressure.

I was just telling someone yesterday that I think this is exactly what happened. I was convinced of this after seeing the released tapes from GA where there was 0 evidence of anything other than buying drinks for women who were underage.

And even that isn't really as much Ben's fault as it is the club who let those girls in.

frankthetank1
06-15-2010, 08:43 AM

Vince Young prays that he'll avoid a suspension

Posted by Mike Florio on June 14, 2010

With a fairly open and shut case of assault pending against him, thanks to a high-quality surveillance video, Titans quarterback Vince Young hopes that he won't be suspended.

"I pray to God that Roger Goodell doesn't come down hard on me, because I definitely want to be here for my teammates," Young said Monday, per Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com.

As we mentioned earlier tonight, linebacker Joey Porter received in 2008 a fine in the amount of one game check for assaulting former Bengals tackle Levi Jones in Las Vegas. Whether that precedent has any relevance in the wake of a the six-game suspension imposed on Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger remains to be seen.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... uspension/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/14/vince-young-prays-that-hell-avoid-a-suspension/)

i like the stars on the nipples its a nice touch lol. seriously though, what kind of bars does vince young hang out in? there are 3 or 4 dudes with their shirts off. i dont get out as much as i use to but when i use to frequent bars and clubs i always tried to stay away from the places where the dudes went topless. not that there is anything wrong it :lol: :lol:

flippy
06-15-2010, 08:48 AM

i like the stars on the nipples its a nice touch lol. seriously though, what kind of bars does vince young hang out in? there are 3 or 4 dudes with their shirts off. i dont get out as much as i use to but when i use to frequent bars and clubs i always tried to stay away from the places where the dudes went topless. not that there is anything wrong it :lol: :lol:

Maybe Vince took the upside down hook em horns symbol as a limp wristed gay slur? :shock:

feltdizz
06-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Racial pressure? Hahaha... Goodell hates white people!!!

You guys are hilarious.... can we get some proof of the racial pressure... where were Al and Jesse holding the rallies?

Crash
06-15-2010, 08:07 PM
can we get some proof of the racial pressure

ESPN's Jeffri Chahidi, Jemele Hill, and William C Rhoden, all black media, wanted Ben suspended mere days after this happened.

Look around Twitter, many former and some current black players also wanted him suspended mere days after this happened.

Ben wasn't allowed due process. Black media and players dared Goodell to "treat Ben like Pac Man and Mike Vick" almost from day one.

Look it up.

flippy
06-15-2010, 09:34 PM

:lol nice conclusion

i saw aries spears recently and he says it's ok for everyone to be a little racist. something like 10% is fine. he says when he and his black friends see some dumb white guy on tv, they never call him a dumb caucasian and he doesn't think when a bunch of white guys see a dumb black guy on tv, they don't need to call him a dumb african american. he promoted white people using the N word a little.

according to him it doesn't matter anymore cause we're united in hating the muslims. said 9/11 was the best thing that ever happened for the black man. now white people hand him their babies on flights without thinking twice and they complain to each other about the muslims.

it's all good.

feltdizz
06-15-2010, 09:57 PM
ESPN page 2 does not count Crash... Jemele Hill is terribleand no one takes her seriously. Most of the bashing came from the Pittsburgh fans and media and the Rooneys moved fast to let Goodell know they were ready to punish.

There is no racial element here. The women were white and Ben is white... notice I said women? The problem is multiple accusations against a 2 SB ring QB.

feltdizz
06-15-2010, 09:59 PM

i saw aries spears recently and he says it's ok for everyone to be a little racist. something like 10% is fine. he says when he and his black friends see some dumb white guy on tv, they never call him a dumb caucasian and he doesn't think when a bunch of white guys see a dumb black guy on tv, they don't need to call him a dumb african american. he promoted white people using the N word a little.

according to him it doesn't matter anymore cause we're united in hating the muslims. said 9/11 was the best thing that ever happened for the black man. now white people hand him their babies on flights without thinking twice and they complain to each other about the muslims.

it's all good.

LOL... I think?

NJ-STEELER
06-15-2010, 10:04 PM
i dont remember dhani jones and chad johnson gicing their opinions if and how long guys like pac man and vick shoulkd be suspended for like they did for ben.

they also wondered out loud how if a "star white QB" would be treated differently

flippy
06-15-2010, 10:50 PM

it's all good.

LOL... I think?

yeah, it's all good. white dudes, black dudes, women, mexicans, italians, jews, whatever we all get along now.

gay people, fat people, and muslims seem to be the only groups left that have people who are a little prejudiced against them and I'm sure that'll go away in another 5 or 10 years. and this will all seem silly.

i'm one of those heinz 57 mutts and i've got a little bit of everything in me. and some of my buddies and i realized we were all different so it was ok to call each other by our ethnic slurs.

it's weird but we found when we all insult each other, all prejudice disappears. so your comment just struck me as funny in this context and aries is a hilarious comedian that's exactly like a bunch of guys I know who make fun of everyone which was like goodell hating white people.

i'm messed up in the head sometimes and always mean well and usually find everything funny.

Crash
06-15-2010, 11:20 PM
The women were white and Ben is white... notice I said women? The problem is multiple accusations against a 2 SB ring QB.

Key word? Accusations.

The second accusation was driven by the first. Do you honestly believe that after Ben is called a rapist by one of the women's friends, that in mere minutes he would rape someone in the same bar?

Black media, black current and former players demanded Ben get suspended and Goodell gave in.

You'll notice the same black media isn't saying a goddamn word about Vince Young's strip club fight.

If Ben were black and not charged and he was suspended? Goodell would be getting ROASTED by the same black media/players who dared him to suspend Ben.

ANPSTEEL
06-15-2010, 11:32 PM
The women were white and Ben is white... notice I said women? The problem is multiple accusations against a 2 SB ring QB.

Key word? Accusations.

The second accusation was driven by the first. Do you honestly believe that after Ben is called a rapist by one of the women's friends, that in mere minutes he would rape someone in the same bar?

Black media, black current and former players demanded Ben get suspended and Goodell gave in.

You'll notice the same black media isn't saying a goddamn word about Vince Young's strip club fight.

If Ben were black and not charged and he was suspended? Goodell would be getting ROASTED by the same black media/players who dared him to suspend Ben.

Holy Jesus you're retarded.

I guess Terry Bradshaw is black too.

Oh look, I just became black.

Crash you are still whacked when it comes to your perception of Ben.

Crash
06-16-2010, 01:59 AM

I'm sorry I must have missed where the same black media who demanded Ben be suspended were calling for Eric Foster's suspension?

I'm sorry I must have missed where the same black media who demanded Ben be suspended were calling for Vince Young's suspension?

I'm sorry I must have missed where the same black media who demanded Ben be suspended were calling for Vincent Jackson's suspension?

Silly me.

Like I said, go scour the web. Go scour Twitter. It's all out there. You just have to want to look for it.

Even Jerome Bettis is guilty of it.

2003 Jerome says black Kobe Bryant (who was charged) is innocent until proven guilty.

2010 Jerome says white Ben Roethlisberger (who was not charged) deserves to be suspended.

AkronSteel
06-16-2010, 03:02 AM

I'm sorry I must have missed where the same black media who demanded Ben be suspended were calling for Eric Foster's suspension?

I'm sorry I must have missed where the same black media who demanded Ben be suspended were calling for Vince Young's suspension?

I'm sorry I must have missed where the same black media who demanded Ben be suspended were calling for Vincent Jackson's suspension?

Silly me.

Like I said, go scour the web. Go scour Twitter. It's all out there. You just have to want to look for it.

Even Jerome Bettis is guilty of it.

2003 Jerome says black Kobe Bryant (who was charged) is innocent until proven guilty.

2010 Jerome says white Ben Roethlisberger (who was not charged) deserves to be suspended.

:Agree

It was definitely a witch-hunt when it came to Ben. He was going to be made an example of regardless of how it all played out!!! I don't support his actions but he was roasted by the media and Goodell had to make a statement!!! I think the suspension is unfair!! To me it should be reduced to 2 games!!!

feltdizz
06-16-2010, 06:43 AM
It's the black man's fault! :roll:

Crash
06-17-2010, 02:17 PM
It's the black man's fault! :roll:

Where are TO and Chad Johnson commenting on Vince Young?

But we all saw what they said about white Ben Roethlisberger.

Oviedo
06-17-2010, 02:59 PM

I was just telling someone yesterday that I think this is exactly what happened. I was convinced of this after seeing the released tapes from GA where there was 0 evidence of anything other than buying drinks for women who were underage.

And even that isn't really as much Ben's fault as it is the club who let those girls in.

Your kidding yourself if you don't think that was a major factor that was spun up by the sports media. It was discussed on NFL Live, PTI and in paers that they wanted to see what Goodell did to Ben because all his previous deliquents were black players.

The severity of the penalty was exactly tied to this whether it is politically correct to say so or not. This was his first chance to nail a high profile white player and Goodell used it as an opportunity to make a statement.

Reality is Young will walk.

flippy
06-17-2010, 03:02 PM

Your kidding yourself if you don't think that was a major factor that was spun up by the sports media. It was discussed on NFL Live, PTI and in paers that they wanted to see what Goodell did to Ben because all his previous deliquents were black players.

The severity of the penalty was exactly tied to this whether it is politically correct to say so or not. This was his first chance to nail a high profile white player and Goodell used it as an opportunity to make a statement.

Rape and assault are night and day in public opinion, so in fairness, it's not the only factor

feltdizz
06-17-2010, 03:19 PM

Having a rape charge in a civil trial a year earlier is why eeryone wanted to see what would happen to Ben after the GA incident.

The issue with Ben wasn't race it was repeated headlines in the news over the same alleged crime of the sexual nature. Being a high profile, 2 SB ring QB didn't help either

hawaiiansteel
06-17-2010, 04:00 PM

Having a rape charge in a civil trial a year earlier is why eeryone wanted to see what would happen to Ben after the GA incident.

The issue with Ben wasn't race it was repeated headlines in the news over the same alleged crime of the sexual nature. Being a high profile, 2 SB ring QB didn't help either

:Agree

however, this is one time that being white didn't help Ben either.

feltdizz
06-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Any QB, white or black, who has a civil trial with their name next to rape and the following year they are accused of sexual assault is going to feel the wrath of Goodell.

Leave race out of it... Matt Jones was suspended for crack or coke wasn't he?

hawaiiansteel
06-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Any QB, white or black, who has a civil trial with their name next to rape and the following year they are accused of sexual assault is going to feel the wrath of Goodell.

Should the N.F.L. Suspend Roethlisberger?

By TONI MONKOVIC

Commissioner Roger Goodell has wide latitude in punishing players under the personal conduct policy.

But suspending someone who was not charged or arrested? Not only is Ben Roethlisberger innocent until proven guilty, we now know he won’t be proved guilty.

Fred Bright, the district attorney in Milledgeville, Ga., declined to pursue charges against Roethlisberger after he was accused of sexual assault.

It may make more sense for the Steelers to punish Roethlisberger. Ron Cook of The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette says someone has to suspend him:

If Roethlisberger isn’t suspended for at least two games for his despicable behavior in Milledgeville, Ga., last month, there is no justice in the NFL.

“We are not condoning Mr. Roethlisberger’s actions that night,” Bright said. “But we do not prosecute morals. We prosecute crimes.”

The NFL has no such limitations. Nor do the Steelers. It is up to one or the other to do the right thing and suspend Roethlisberger for at least two games.

Cook said race was part of the equation, because of the way Goodell punished black players like Michael Vick and Pacman Jones:

Certainly, the league’s black players will be watching closely how Goodell handles the Roethlisberger situation.

There also is pressure on the Steelers — again, some of it racial — to come down hard on Roethlisberger.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010 ... lisberger/ (http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/04/13/should-n-f-l-suspend-roethlisberger/)

Crash
06-17-2010, 06:30 PM

He was charged.

Ben was not.

feltdizz
06-17-2010, 08:05 PM
our own FO was ready to punish Ben... There was no racial pressure. Ben did this to himself. Stop blaming everyone else for Ben's problems.

you guys are reaching.

Crash
06-17-2010, 10:11 PM
our own FO was ready to punish Ben... There was no racial pressure. Ben did this to himself. Stop blaming everyone else for Ben's problems.

you guys are reaching.

So when guys like TO and Ocho comment "I wonder what would happen to me if I were accused" they aren't implying race?

So when other players and black media want Goodell to "treat Ben like Pac Man and Michael Vick" that's not implying race also?

You're delusional if you say no.

feltdizz
06-17-2010, 10:53 PM

you guys are reaching.

So when guys like TO and Ocho comment "I wonder what would happen to me if I were accused" they aren't implying race?

So when other players and black media want Goodell to "treat Ben like Pac Man and Michael Vick" that's not implying race also?

so now TO and Ocho are legit voices that hold weight with Goodell? LOL...

Most NFL fans see those guys as mentally unstable witnesses... It's delusional to try to use a player named Ocho and another who can't get a job as the racial police.

What black media are you speaking of? Jet mag? Ebony, Final Call?

The STEELERS Front Office was going to punish Ben... stop blaming black people for Ben's actions.

Crash
06-17-2010, 11:08 PM
It wasn't just those two. It was all over the net. Black media also. ESPN, William C. Rhoden, etc.

Amazing however, is I don't hear the same people calling for Vince's suspension.

feltdizz
06-18-2010, 12:43 AM
It wasn't just those two. It was all over the net. Black media also. ESPN, William C. Rhoden, etc.

Amazing however, is I don't hear the same people calling for Vince's suspension.

For a strip club scuffle with other guys? Where is your manhood?

The GA story was all over the news for weeks and happened right before the NFL draft. It hit at a time when nothing was going on. The VY incident happened during the World Cup and NBA finals...

Timing is everything.... If VY did this before the draft and nothing else was going on best believe it would get more coverage and damage the brand. I'm not saying Vince won't get a warning or a suspension but you can't use every charge after Ben as proof Ben was shafted.

Ben screwed up. Unfortunately it's not the first time he has had an off field problem.

Who cares about the Internet.... Ben was on CNN, Foxnews, 20/20 etc.

hawaiiansteel
06-18-2010, 12:48 AM

you guys are reaching.

The STEELERS Front Office was going to punish Ben... stop blaming black people for Ben's actions.

I'm not blaming black people for Ben's actions.

I'm just saying there was pressure on Roger Goodell not to appear to be more lenient with white players. I definitely believe the league’s black players and sportswriters were closely watching how Goodell handled the Roethlisberger situation.

Crash
06-18-2010, 12:57 AM
I'm just saying there was pressure on Roger Goodell not to appear to be more lenient with white players. I definitely believe the league’s black players and sportswriters were closely watching how Goodell handled the Roethlisberger situation.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

feltdizz
06-18-2010, 01:03 PM

you guys are reaching.

I'm not blaming black people for Ben's actions.

The pressure was applied by Ben, the chick, the news and the fans... and the Rooneys as well.

cruzer8
06-18-2010, 01:53 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

x 1,000

feltdizz
06-18-2010, 05:19 PM
The reverse racial victim card? :nono

Things are a changing 8)

hawaiiansteel
06-18-2010, 06:27 PM
The reverse racial victim card? :nono

Things are a changing 8)

I have no idea why your statement reminded me of the movie Silver Streak but it did... :D

http://billsmovieemporium.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/silverstreak1.jpg