PDA

View Full Version : This shall be home

Chucktownsteeler
06-12-2010, 10:34 PM
This shall be my new home, as long as you can take a deranged Steeler fan. Let me introduce myself, I hail from just outside Warren, Ohio in a small township called Howland. In 2002 I relocated with my family (career purposes) to Charleston, SC. I was then relocated again (same company) to a sleepy town called Fort Mill, SC, just south of Charlotte.

I have posted on and off for a while, but read the site daily.

I have been a rabid Steeler fan since I can remember (around 1971) and love the Steelers and trivia. I also love the Yankees, I hope you can accept that.

I shall be calling this home and hope to get to meet everyone and contribute as much as possible. I will get my Avater and signature set soon.

Chucktownsteeler

:tt1 :tt2 :tt2

fordfixer
06-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Welcome to the Planet. It's a great place to call home :tt1 :tt1

Chucktownsteeler
06-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Welcome to the Planet. It's a great place to call home :tt1 :tt1

Thanks, I chose it from many sites. Seems like a great crew here and I want a place you can talk Steeler football and still have a good time.

A ton of great articles get posted here.

Chucktown

Flasteel
06-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Nice. Only 25 months to make that decision. :D

RuthlessBurgher
06-12-2010, 11:38 PM
I would also like to take this time to announce that this board shall also be my home. :mrgreen:

Good choice, Chucktown. Just be aware that Pappy may get after you for copyright infringement for ending each post by signing your username. :wink:

At least you don't refer to yourself in the third person like a certain Aussie (not to be confused with Ozey). :P

birtikidis
06-13-2010, 12:33 AM
Pappy and chucktown can be like our Jimmy and Timmy...

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/5/j/T/timmy_CrippleFight_400.jpg

Oviedo
06-13-2010, 10:03 AM
This shall be my new home, as long as you can take a deranged Steeler fan. Let me introduce myself, I hail from just outside Warren, Ohio in a small township called Howland. In 2002 I relocated with my family (career purposes) to Charleston, SC. I was then relocated again (same company) to a sleepy town called Fort Mill, SC, just south of Charlotte.

I have posted on and off for a while, but read the site daily.

I have been a rabid Steeler fan since I can remember (around 1971) and love the Steelers and trivia. I also love the Yankees, I hope you can accept that.

I shall be calling this home and hope to get to meet everyone and contribute as much as possible. I will get my Avater and signature set soon.

Chucktownsteeler

:tt1 :tt2 :tt2

The Yankee thing may be a problem :wink:

It will significantly reduce your credability to support the team that has destroyed baseball and in the process teams like the Pirates.

I'm glad you have no role in negotiating the new CBA for the NFL.

Steelgal
06-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Glad to have another Steelers fan aboard!!!!

stlrz d
06-13-2010, 11:06 AM

:lol:

I would also like to take this time to announce that this board shall also be my home. :mrgreen:

Glad to hear.

I still can't decide.

fordfixer
06-13-2010, 11:56 AM

Glad to hear.

I still can't decide.

stlrd d is homeless :shock:

SteelCrazy
06-13-2010, 12:10 PM
I would like to let everyone know I am moving on......I will not be living at Steelers Talk after today. I have found a new home and it is called Trivia and Factoids!

Djfan
06-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Cyberhomelessness is a growing problem today. I'm glad you got your virtual feet under you. :tt1 :tt1

JPbucco
06-13-2010, 05:32 PM
I agree, I like the content here, I signed up last year but always hated all the clutter in each thread.

I finally edited my preferences and now can easily read all the brilliant analysis.

Ahhhhhhhhh.

flippy
06-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Between Chuck Roast and Prok Chops we have most of the food groups covered now.

Welcome home. Hopefully the rest of the cool Steelers fans will find where they belong. Right here with us.

Anyone else home yet?

Let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Shorty the Pimp always says, "You gotta get in where you fit in beeeeeeyatch!!!!!!"

papillon
06-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Here I am minding my own business and I get dragged into a thread without my virtual consent. Welcome chucktown, it's cool to sign each post. :moon :P

Pappy

Wallace108
06-13-2010, 10:06 PM
I hail from just outside Warren, Ohio in a small township called Howland.
Hey, another Mahoning Valley guy. You managed to escape ... good for you!!

Jigawatts
06-13-2010, 11:50 PM
I hail from just outside Warren, Ohio in a small township called Howland.

http://www.igoweb.org/~wms/personal/photos/college/ohio/warrenMac.jpg

Chucktownsteeler
06-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Thanks for the memories. What I wouldn't pay for a hot dog from "The Hot Dog Shoppe" or a pizza from "Sunrise Inn".

Jiga and Wallace108, what part of the "valley" are you from?

Chucktown

Jigawatts
06-14-2010, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the memories. What I wouldn't pay for a hot dog from "The Hot Dog Shoppe" or a pizza from "Sunrise Inn".

Chucktown

Vienna, home of no McDonalds. :lol:

But we do have Yankee Kitchen. :D

flippy
06-14-2010, 08:27 AM
You guys haven't seen a McDonalds until you've seen the one in the Biltmore Village in Asheville, NC. It's modeled after the Biltmore House and has a fireplace and piano. It's classic.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3168/2610123582_0049a103cf.jpg

There's also a McDonalds with a snowmobile drive thru in Sweeden that might just be cooler than the McD in OH.

http://www.mopo.ca/uploaded_images/drivethru-710728.jpg

SteelAbility
06-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Well, I'm on my way out the door. :mrgreen:

SteelAbility
06-14-2010, 08:31 AM
Ok, I'm crawling back on my knees begging. :Beer

flippy
06-14-2010, 08:35 AM

Let's have a party my prodigal son. Can one of you others get this man a beer? :Beer

SteelAbility
06-14-2010, 08:38 AM

Let's have a party my prodigal son. Can one of you others get this man a beer? :Beer

Let's just make sure it's a nice, hearty European beer. That or a Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale. :Cheers

flippy
06-14-2010, 08:41 AM

Let's just make sure it's a nice, hearty European beer. That or a Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale. :Cheers

Get this man a Belgian!!!!

flippy
06-14-2010, 08:43 AM

We can cook our Prok and Kraut with Sammy Smiths in the crockpot.

Does it mean we're alcoholics talking about beer during breakfast time?

SteelAbility
06-14-2010, 08:57 AM

We can cook our Prok and Kraut with Sammy Smiths in the crockpot.

Does it mean we're alcoholics talking about beer during breakfast time?

Not necessarily. But we can always dream, can't we? :wink:

flippy
06-14-2010, 09:00 AM
Not necessarily. But we can always dream, can't we? :wink:

Dreaming about beer is a higher level of alcoholism.

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 09:50 AM

Chucktown
I live in Hubbard and work in Youngstown. When someone asks where I live, I just say Youngstown cause no one outside of the area has ever heard of Hubbard (it's not a good point of reference).

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:23 AM

Chucktown
I live in Hubbard and work in Youngstown. When someone asks where I live, I just say Youngstown cause no one outside of the area has ever heard of Hubbard (it's not a good point of reference).

And you picked Wallace108 over Old Mother Hubbard?

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 10:39 AM

Chucktown

That proves my point ... I mention Hubbard, and the first thing that comes to your mind is a nursery rhyme.

Jigawatts
06-14-2010, 10:40 AM

Chucktown

You're talking about the hometown of Anthony Smith. At least Wallace didn't choose
"kill switch" as his user name. :lol:

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:48 AM

Chucktown

You're talking about the hometown of Anthony Smith. At least Wallace didn't choose
"kill switch" as his user name. :lol:

Even better. I miss Smith's big hits. I coulda lived with his knuckleheaded behavior for a few more years just to see his hits. And I still think he could have been a great safety for us.

I liked him in the same way I liked Beltin Delton.

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:51 AM

Chucktown

That proves my point ... I mention Hubbard, and the first thing that comes to your mind is a nursery rhyme.

I was thinking you were my dog, and my dog loves Old Mother Hubbard dog treats.

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 10:55 AM
You're talking about the hometown of Anthony Smith. At least Wallace didn't choose "kill switch" as his user name. :lol:
"Kill Thread" would have been more appropriate. :lol:

I enjoyed watching Anthony Smith play for Hubbard. He was phenomenal. And I was thrilled when the Steelers drafted him. Too bad it didn't work out.

flippy
06-14-2010, 10:59 AM
You're talking about the hometown of Anthony Smith. At least Wallace didn't choose "kill switch" as his user name. :lol:

RussBill called dibbs on that name.

RuthlessBurgher
06-14-2010, 11:37 AM

I believe it is RussBII, but then again, you think Prok is Pork. :lol:

flippy
06-14-2010, 11:47 AM

I have a learning disability :HeadBanger

RuthlessBurgher
06-14-2010, 11:51 AM

I have a learning disability :HeadBanger

I'm sure there is a more specific diagnosis in the DSM-IV for what you have, flip. :wink:

Wallace108
06-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Prok is the other white meat? I never knew ...

Chucktownsteeler
06-14-2010, 11:56 AM
You guys haven't seen a McDonalds until you've seen the one in the Biltmore Village in Asheville, NC. It's modeled after the Biltmore House and has a fireplace and piano. It's classic.

There's also a McDonalds with a snowmobile drive thru in Sweeden that might just be cooler than the McD in OH.

That kind of makes me special, I have eaten in both fancy McDonalds. That or makes me a high risk of a heart attack.

C-town

Chucktownsteeler
06-14-2010, 11:58 AM

Chucktown

Well, I'm from Howland, so Vienna was our neighbor. I lived off Kings Graves road on Celestial Drive, been to Yankee Lake a few times.

flippy
06-14-2010, 12:05 PM
\

I'm sure there is a more specific diagnosis in the DSM-IV for what you have, flip. :wink:

Did you mean DTF-IV?

Jigawatts
06-14-2010, 12:44 PM

Chucktown

Well, I'm from Howland, so Vienna was our neighbor. I lived off Kings Graves road on Celestial Drive, been to Yankee Lake a few times.

When the wife and I were searching for houses we looked at a few on Celestial, made
an offer on one, but the owners didn't budge, so we ended up in Vienna.

flippy
06-14-2010, 12:54 PM

That kind of makes me special, I have eaten in both fancy McDonalds. That or makes me a high risk of a heart attack.

C-town

They had a top 10 on the travel channel. And there were some pretty cool ones. I accidentally went to the one in Asheville to use the bathroom and now we stop in any time we go to the Biltmore Estates.

The other one is on my list to visit. I've never been on a snowmobile and would like to use one some day. I was in Sweeden twice, but never had time to go to the McDs.

I'm embarrassed to say I was in 5 of the top 10 McDs.

Prok
06-14-2010, 03:00 PM

You rang ??? :D

flippy
06-14-2010, 03:01 PM

You rang ??? :D

Prok, it's what's for dinner.

SteelAbility
06-14-2010, 04:20 PM

Better to swap o and the r than to replace the o with an i ... :wink:

flippy
06-14-2010, 04:22 PM

Better to swap o and the r than to replace the o with an i ... :wink:

clever one, stability. :wink

Prok
06-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Trust me, plenty of ppl have replaced the O with an I. It's OK, i answer to any modification.

:D

Jigawatts
06-15-2010, 01:05 PM

And speaking of Celestial...

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.d ... 38606.html (http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/538606.html)