PDA

View Full Version : Did we lose all the Steelers Fever folks?

ramblinjim
06-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Did we lose most of those folks? I haven't seen any of the "newer" folks on the board the last few days. I thought that many of them added a nice dimension to what already the best Steelers message board on the web. I know someone from that site was setting up their own site I guess.

Oviedo
06-10-2010, 01:26 PM
The day after they started coming here they set up another website and most went back to their root. Message boards tend to be very tribal and "nationalistic" in nature.

Seemed like a decent group. Too bad they didn't take our trash with them.

flippy
06-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Too bad they didn't take our trash with them.

You can't get me to leave that easy :mrgreen:

Prok
06-10-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm still here and posting regularly.

I guess i did such a good job blending in that i got overlooked.

:lol:

Oviedo
06-10-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm still here and posting regularly.

I guess i did such a good job blending in that i got overlooked.

Glad to have you. Stick around and enourage some of the other knowledgeable posters to join in.

Reactionaries who have a one topic obsession need not apply.

RuthlessBurgher
06-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Prok is still around. Wallace108 as well. Siss keeps popping her head in.

Preacher and ricardisimo are quite active talking religion with Shawn, eniparadoxgma, and flippy over on the General forum.

The huge influx of activity came all at once, and was mostly discussion of what happened at Fever, introducing themselves, and thanking us for our hospitality.

Unfortunately, since it is slow time of year football-news-wise, that activity did not continue beyond those first few days after the grand migration. Hopefully, once the season starts, more of the old Fever folks will begin to post here more regularly (there are many of our own posters who post a lot during the season but aren't around much during this time of year).

Prok
06-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Was just gonna say that Wallace108 and Siss hangout here as well. We all post at SU too. I think i have about equal post counts at both boards for better or worse. ;)

siss
06-10-2010, 02:26 PM
Im not going anywhere...just waiting for halftime...kinda pissed I won't get real excited for halftime until mid October...

fordfixer
06-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Im not going anywhere...just waiting for halftime...kinda pissed I won't get real excited for halftime until mid October...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wallace108
06-10-2010, 02:31 PM
... most went back to their root. Message boards tend to be very tribal and "nationalistic" in nature.
That's very true. Online is no different than real life ... you make friends and build relationships. Once the new site was up, most chose to be with their old friends. The fact that a number of us still come here and consider ourselves a part of the Planet community is a real credit to all of you older Planet members.

cruzer8
06-10-2010, 02:50 PM

You can always fantasize about halftime.

I just might. :D

flippy
06-10-2010, 02:59 PM

keep your memory stick in your pocket, cruzer. :shock:

cruzer8
06-10-2010, 03:04 PM

Tough to do. It is 8 gigs afterall. :D

siss
06-10-2010, 03:09 PM

Im a married women...halftime is reserved for only one man.

flippy
06-10-2010, 03:13 PM

you're gonna go blind 8)

RuthlessBurgher
06-10-2010, 03:16 PM

I share halftime with 65,000 other Steeler lunatics. And it is hosted by none other than Craig Wolfley. If I wanted to start a halftime tradition like yours, I would have to do it in a disgusting bathroom stall at Heinz Field. And I've learned enough from the Ben drama to know that amorous activities in that sort of environment simply isn't worth it. :wink:

flippy
06-10-2010, 03:23 PM

I share halftime with 65,000 other Steeler lunatics. And it is hosted by none other than Craig Wolfley. If I wanted to start a halftime tradition like yours, I would have to do it in a disgusting bathroom stall at Heinz Field. And I've learned enough from the Ben drama to know that amorous activities in that sort of environment simply isn't worth it. :wink:

no thanks to the Heinz Field sausage party.

cruzer8
06-10-2010, 04:15 PM

Did I somehow imply that it wasn't?

fordfixer
06-11-2010, 12:22 AM

Isn't it funny that 2 gigs comes in the same size package :lol:

focosteeler
06-11-2010, 01:58 AM
Did we lose most of those folks? I haven't seen any of the "newer" folks on the board the last few days. I thought that many of them added a nice dimension to what already the best Steelers message board on the web. I know someone from that site was setting up their own site I guess.

i'm still here...just like at the old SF and now SU i tend to read more than post. im not leavin... this place is too nice

RuthlessBurgher
06-11-2010, 09:46 AM

Isn't it funny that 2 gigs comes in the same size package :lol:

However, 1.21 jigs comes in a slightly different package. :P

http://yayayanonono.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/delorean_motor_company.jpg

Jigawatts
06-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Jiga what? 8)

flippy
06-11-2010, 01:15 PM
Jiga what? 8)

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTefYBbxJM1mgAaaqjzbkF/SIG=124jn2gmr/EXP=1276362881/**http%3a//coolnigts.sakura.ne.jp/blog/img/jay-z.jpg

cruzer8
06-11-2010, 02:11 PM
Jiga what? 8)

Jiga please. 8)

NC Steeler Fan
06-11-2010, 02:45 PM
This has to be the best off season thread I've read all year! :lol:

I needed a good chuckle right about now...thanks! 8)

flippy
06-11-2010, 02:49 PM
This has to be the best off season thread I've read all year! :lol:

I needed a good chuckle right about now...thanks! 8)

I thought it was funny until cruzer went blind.

Steelers>NFL
06-11-2010, 03:30 PM
I am still here. Everyday I read PS. I just don't post everyday.
When training camp kicks in, I'll be ringing up posts.
I have been back to SF 3 times since. But not to post, just to find out
what is going on. But, this is the place I will be everyday.

I recognize some of these people here from Steeler Nation forum.
Was this SN before forum???

Chucktownsteeler
06-11-2010, 04:10 PM
They come, they go.

Some stay.

mtnsteel
06-11-2010, 05:16 PM
I`m still here too. Never been much of a poster on any board...mostly like to read and learn. Went SU today and the board appears to be down. Also lurked on SN. Best Steeler poster on the net is TMC. I feel no need to limit my loyalty to only one board. I will man up and say that I rarely contribute to any as my money is tight as a banjo string for the last couple of years. When things get better, I will remember my Steeler refuges.

jj28west
06-11-2010, 06:25 PM
This site has really become my one stop fix for a Steeler junky. Cant get enough Steeler info anytime of the year and this place (thanks to a number of regular posters) really satisfies.

Then there is a laid back feel about the site where at the end of any heated discussion we are all Steeler football fans at the end of the day.

I took this for granted in other established Steeler forums where I thought I could just walk right in and talk Steeler football. I started a couple BA threads in SF and both posts got locked within days. At first I was like WTF but preacher PMed me about how the BA posts (kind of like the Big Ben stuff here) got out of control and really deteriorated the quality of discussion.

Anyways, SF had some real knowedgeable people so hopefully they can still check in here. The more members, the more that I can learn by seeing everyones viewpoint. I am also starting to see a lot less of "so and so sucks" posts just because he made one bad play or had a bad game.

Keeping emotion out of it there are ways to give praise or be critical by standing behind your point with some substance which this discussion board seems to have a lot of.

hawaiiansteel
06-11-2010, 09:19 PM
i feel used... :lol:

http://blog.leasetrader.com/images/blog_leasetrader_com/WindowsLiveWriter/UsedCardealersstartingtofeeltheClunkersP_C3A4/Used%20Car%20dealers%20starting%20to%20feel%20the% 20Clunkers%20Pinch_thumb.jpg

stillers4me
06-12-2010, 11:21 AM
I still intend to pop in from time to time. Of all the Steelers message boards I checked out during the SF implosion, it was Planet Steelers made me feel welcome and I won't forget that. You can't get rid of me that easily! :Cheers

It's been a real busy couple of weeks at SU. It grew rapidly the first week and everybody was and is still very active in submitting new ideas and posts, etc. I know Preacher posted that he will be scarce the next month or so with personal stuff.

There is also a link to PS on our homepage. The Admins at SU appreciate how PS welcomed all the "orphans" and have been happy see to several PS members join in our conversations. All (or at least most :lol: ) are welcome to come and check us out. I understand your loyalty to your own "home" and wish you prosperity and many celebrations of Steelers victories to come......we are all Steelers fans and I don't feel that anybody has to have just one board to post and only one board. We are all apart of this wacky "steelers universe."! :tt2

pepsyman1
06-12-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm also still around. I like this board and the people. Many of the former Steelers Fever members signed up at the new site Steelers Universe, but I plan on being active on both. I tend to only post occasionally during the off-season, but trust rest assured..I'm still here.

Kaeg
06-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Sorry I haven't posted since my first. I do tend to lurk a bit. I still pop in here and there. If I don't feel I can add to a conversation, I'll usually not bother posting rather than add something redundant.

RuthlessBurgher
06-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Sorry I haven't posted since my first. I do tend to lurk a bit. I still pop in here and there. If I don't feel I can add to a conversation, I'll usually not bother posting rather than add something redundant.

We already have a redundantman. Adding another redundantman would be, well, rather redundant. :)

Prok
06-13-2010, 10:03 AM

We already have a redundantman. Adding another redundantman would be, well, rather redundant. :)

Hey, i resemble that remark.

:Blah

RuthlessBurgher
06-13-2010, 11:15 AM

Actually, there is a guy on here whose username is redundantman. He posts an itemized list of his redundant thoughts after Steeler games. Here is an example from last season.

http://planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10046

Godfather
06-13-2010, 11:37 AM
I'm still here. I even have this site on my Opera Speed Dial.

There just aren't as many active threads right now. Plus I have an irregular work schedule.

Mendy34
06-13-2010, 03:14 PM
I chose to stick around, I just don't post a lot in the offseason I intend to be more active during football season.

Godfather
06-13-2010, 03:20 PM

Not if he can play center.

ramblinjim
06-13-2010, 06:39 PM
I'm glad a number of the SF folks have hung around, they've added good stuff to the board.

Prok
06-13-2010, 06:45 PM

There just aren't as many active threads right now. Plus I have an irregular work schedule.

Stupid question: What exactly is Opera Speed Dial ??

I must still be in the dark ages. lol

Prok
06-13-2010, 06:47 PM

Actually, there is a guy on here whose username is redundantman. He posts an itemized list of his redundant thoughts after Steeler games. Here is an example from last season.

lol

I actually thought you were talking about hehateme. Was trying to deflect a little. ;)

Chucktownsteeler
06-13-2010, 06:57 PM
But you gained the "ChucktownSteeler"!

Godfather
06-13-2010, 08:08 PM

Stupid question: What exactly is Opera Speed Dial ??

I must still be in the dark ages. lol

Opera is a web browser. It has a feature where instead of having a home page, you can have between 9 (3x3) and 25 (5x5) links to your favorite sites available. So instead of typing or using bookmarks, you just click on the site you want to visit.

papillon
06-13-2010, 09:00 PM

I'm glad it's only your schedule that's irregular. :tt2 :P

Pappy

Djfan
06-13-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm glad we have new blood. It seems like a good crop of the family.

I forget who asked, but this board really grew up overnight when the Trib closed down. I was actually in the midst of posting a very profound reply to some thread when it died. Strange.

stlrz d
06-13-2010, 10:48 PM

Not if he can play center.

He can't. Hope that helps.

flippy
06-14-2010, 07:10 AM

lol

I actually thought you were talking about hehateme. Was trying to deflect a little. ;)

I thought he was talking about 99% of us. We all post the same crap over and over and over. :tt1

kiwi_sarah
06-14-2010, 07:15 AM
I thought he was talking about 99% of us. We all post the same crap over and over and over. :tt1

Hey, I'm way too new for you to come to that conclusion about me already.

Not that it's not true. You weren't kidding about the ESP :D

flippy
06-14-2010, 07:20 AM

It usually takes me about 100 posts to figure most people out. You were like an open book.

kiwi_sarah
06-14-2010, 07:31 AM

It usually takes me about 100 posts to figure most people out. You were like an open book.

Or you just studied me more intently? I'm going to believe it was that :mrgreen:

flippy
06-14-2010, 08:19 AM
[quote=flippy]

Or you just studied me more intently? I'm going to believe it was that :mrgreen:[/quote:3uahhuc8]

If I studied you, I would have realized you were a girl and it would have been a lost cause.

Prok
06-14-2010, 03:43 PM
FTR i have only read a few of her posts but i like Kiwi_Sarah already.

lol