PDA

View Full Version : Police Interview Tapes

plainnasty
06-10-2010, 01:41 AM
The interview with Sgt Blash is very strange. Sgt Blash was the first officer on the scene who was later forced to resign due to commits he made. The GBI agent (I believe) conducting the interview was more concerned about whether or not Sgt Blash made inappropriate commits to the off-duty officers with Ben, then he was about the comments made by the alleged victim or about comments made by Ben.

The interviewer seemed to be out to get Sgt Blash instead of finding out the facts about whether or not a rape occurred. And what happened? They got Sgt Blash in the end. I'm not defending all of Sgt Blash's behavor, but the priorities of the investigation seemed off.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10160/1063840-66.stm

plainnasty
06-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Bottom line is that if you listen to what Sgt Blash has to say about the facts, it's very much in Ben's favor.

She said that she wasn't raped.
She didn't know if she had sex with Ben.
Her friends were doing all of the talking.
She wasn't upset and didn't seem interested in pursuing the manner.

Typically the first statements made shortly after an incident carry the most credibility whether someone is intoxicated or not. Not so in this case.

Mister Pittsburgh
06-11-2010, 12:13 PM
I would guess her sorority sisters came up with the plan to try and say she was raped to get money. She was drunk and went along with it somewhat. The next morning she went with the original story and tried to sell it. After a few weeks of seeing the real uproar their lie caused she wanted nothing to do with it and opted out.

Shawn
06-11-2010, 02:28 PM
I would guess her sorority sisters came up with the plan to try and say she was raped to get money. She was drunk and went along with it somewhat. The next morning she went with the original story and tried to sell it. After a few weeks of seeing the real uproar their lie caused she wanted nothing to do with it and opted out.

I'm not so sure anymore. I'm thinking this was a case of girls being girls. Do I think Ben was inappropriate? Probably. Did he have sex with a girl too intoxicated to give consent? Possibly. Did he force the girl to have sex? I doubt it based on all the information surrounding the event. I do think the friend were "concerned" about her intoxication level and going to a bathroom with Ben. I do think the friends wanted to get back to the bathroom and were stopped. I think the friends overreacted to the situation and forced the girl into complaining to the police. Who knows what happened in that bathroom. What I do know is Ben and that girl should have never been in there in the first place.

plainnasty
06-11-2010, 02:53 PM
I don't think that is the case. I think that the accuser doesn't even know what happen. I think her friends were just looking out for her and they never claimed to have any first hand knowledge about what happened in the bathroom.

I think Ben took advantage of a drunk girl, but the question is did he rape her. I would like to know if our QB is a rapist.

The whole point I am trying to make is that the investigation seemed to focus on other things besides the main question of whether or not there was consent and what did she say verbally. There's a big difference between "I don't know if this is right" and "this isn't right". The police (at least on the tapes) never asked her exactly what she said or if she can remember exactly what she said. She didn't resist so the whole case comes down to what she said.

Everyone says that it was such a thorough investigation, but I question this.

flippy
06-11-2010, 02:55 PM
The investigation sucked. Nothing that happened is known. And there's no DNA.

I don't even get how they could pretend to have a case.

siss
06-11-2010, 02:58 PM

The DA said in the press conference that he could see where it was going from the beginning. Like I said in another thread, this case was a small town DA's wet dream. He would have press charges if he could have. That is why I don't believe there way any sort of pay off at all.

flippy
06-11-2010, 03:03 PM

The DA said in the press conference that he could see where it was going from the beginning. Like I said in another thread, this case was a small town DA's wet dream. He would have press charges if he could have. That is why I don't believe there way any sort of pay off at all.

i think wpxi did ben a favor.

siss
06-11-2010, 03:04 PM
I don't think that is the case. I think that the accuser doesn't even know what happen. I think her friends were just looking out for her and they never claimed to have any first hand knowledge about what happened in the bathroom.

I think Ben took advantage of a drunk girl, but the question is did he rape her. I would like to know if our QB is a rapist.

The whole point I am trying to make is that the investigation seemed to focus on other things besides the main question of whether or not there was consent and what did she say verbally. There's a big difference between "I don't know if this is right" and "this isn't right". The police (at least on the tapes) never asked her exactly what she said or if she can remember exactly what she said. She didn't resist so the whole case comes down to what she said.

I choose to believe that when a six week investigation does not even turn up probable cause, there was no crime. The evidence was not there. If Ben had sex with that girl there would be DNA, saliva and hair. Also the way she describes it, she would have had bruises. Did you know the police women said the DNA was breaking down. Which meant that it had been on her for 72 hours and that she would have lied to the police because DNA can stay on you for up to 72 hours.

Shawn
06-11-2010, 03:10 PM

I choose to believe that when a six week investigation does not even turn up probable cause, there was no crime. The evidence was not there. If Ben had sex with that girl there would be DNA, saliva and hair. Also the way she describes it, she would have had bruises. Did you know the police women said the DNA was breaking down. Which meant that it had been on her for 72 hours and that she would have lied to the police because DNA can stay on you for up to 72 hours.

That isn't always true siss. One of the things I do for a living is rape exams in the emergency room. We often don't get hair, saliva or dna even in the cases we believe to be true rape.

flippy
06-11-2010, 04:22 PM
That interesting Shawn. I would have thought you'd get something because of the resistance. I guess I would assume there'd be dryness/chafing of skin or maybe a tear of some kind. Or some fluid. But it really is a guess cause I've never seen anyone who's been through this.

siss
06-11-2010, 04:34 PM

That isn't always true siss. One of the things I do for a living is rape exams in the emergency room. We often don't get hair, saliva or dna even in the cases we believe to be true rape. Even if it just happened?

Shawn
06-11-2010, 04:49 PM
That interesting Shawn. I would have thought you'd get something because of the resistance. I guess I would assume there'd be dryness/chafing of skin or maybe a tear of some kind. Or some fluid. But it really is a guess cause I've never seen anyone who's been through this.

It is interesting but it's a fact. I do several a month and rarely see DNA come back on the reports. I explained this in another post but if a man wears a condom or doesn't ejaculate in or on the female we won't get semen. Men who do this kind of thing are getting wiser to this and many will wear a condom. The whole going over clothes with a blacklight is merely CSI garbage. Many times women shave their pubic area which is kinda like velco for DNA, hair, fluids etc. Now, that many women shave they take away a valuable avenue to collect evidence. It's just not as clear cut as some lawyers, media and TV shows make it out to be.

And yes siss even if it's just happened.

flippy
06-11-2010, 05:36 PM
I feel like a dofus for believing what i see on tv :lol

fordfixer
06-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Is that the only reason you feel like a dofus? :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
06-12-2010, 09:53 AM

I really thought that there were polar bears and smoke monsters roaming deserted islands that sink into the ocean...damn lying T.V. :lol:

Crash
06-15-2010, 01:47 AM
These tapes were the best thing for Ben.

You listen to them, and you know the accuser and her friends are full of ****.

They can't even keep their lies straight.

Now that the PG jumped the gun and convicted Ben all they can say now is how "inconsistent" the statements were.

Goodell gave in to racial pressure. If that pressure didn't exist and he saw the tapes? He couldn't in good conscience think Ben did this or suspend him.

Shawn
06-15-2010, 02:20 AM

You listen to them, and you know the accuser and her friends are full of bad word.

Now that the PG jumped the gun and convicted Ben all they can say now is how "inconsistent" the statements were.

Goodell gave in to racial pressure. If that pressure didn't exist and he saw the tapes? He couldn't in good conscience think Ben did this or suspend him.

I still suspect Ben wasn't a perfect gentleman that night...lol. Did he do something warranting a 6 game suspension...I doubt it. He certainly shouldn't have been there considering he had some pending issues. If he did go to a place like that...he needed to keep the college girls away. These kind of guys need to date girls "in their league".

Anyways, good to see you posting here Crash...maybe we can start up the old ARE vs AB thread again for old times sake. :)

hawaiiansteel
06-15-2010, 02:24 AM

You listen to them, and you know the accuser and her friends are full of bad word.

I still suspect Ben wasn't a perfect gentleman that night...lol. Did he do something warranting a 6 game suspension...I doubt it. He certainly shouldn't have been there considering he had some pending issues. If he did go to a place like that...he needed to keep the college girls away. These kind of guys need to date girls "in their league".

Anyways, good to see you posting here Crash...maybe we can start up the old ARE vs AB thread again for old times sake. :)

AB has never thrown a TD pass in the Super Bowl... :stirpot

plainnasty
06-15-2010, 11:38 AM

I agree 100% about Goodell giving in to racial pressure. I don't think that the girl's friends were lying. I just think that they have zero knowledge about what happened in the bathroom. I think the accuser doesn't even knows what happened. And the investigation was poor and misguided. Even though the investigation revealed that there was not enough evidence to prosecute, a better investigation might have shed more light on what did happen.

papillon
06-15-2010, 12:27 PM

The DA isn't a small town hick his responsibility includes Atlanta, Georgia. He actually handled the Ray Lewis shooting case back in the day. So, he's quite capable of handling this case as well. There simply wasn't enough of anything to move it forward. One other misnomer many have is that the girl has to want to press charges; even if she doesn't if the DA believes he has a case he can bring it to trial without the victims consent.

What stunned me most was how long it took to determine there was no case. It should have been over in days, not weeks.

Pappy

Ghost
06-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Pap - small correction that's really neither here nor there but the Miledgeville DA does not have responsibilities in Atlanta. He's got 8 small counties that make up the Omulgee Judicial Circuit (about 90 -100 miles away from Atlanta). The DA in Atlanta has the Atlanta judicial Circuit.

This was most definitley the biggest thing to fall into his lap way out there.

Ghost
06-15-2010, 12:43 PM
When it comes to evidence:

Gill Grissom > Shawn

cruzer8
06-15-2010, 01:52 PM

The DA isn't a small town hick his responsibility includes Atlanta, Georgia. He actually handled the Ray Lewis shooting case back in the day. So, he's quite capable of handling this case as well. There simply wasn't enough of anything to move it forward. One other misnomer many have is that the girl has to want to press charges; even if she doesn't if the DA believes he has a case he can bring it to trial without the accuser's consent.

What stunned me most was how long it took to determine there was no case. It should have been over in days, not weeks.

Pappy

Fixed. :)

Crash
06-15-2010, 02:47 PM
They lied. Mostly that ho Nicole Biancofiore.

NB: We heard Ben may be coming out that night
Accuser: We didn't know he may be out

NB: Ben was angry at times.

But she took four different pictures with him that night.

NB: The bathroom was locked.

Rocky Duncan the Club Manager: The bathroom does not lock.

Here is a pic of said bathroom.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/trutv/thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art4/0609101bigben14.jpg

If it locks, where's the door knob? The club manager said it does not lock "and we don't even have a key to that door".

One of their friends was a Steelers fan, so they knew about Reno. One of them (conflicting reports of who it was) was removed from the VIP room for calling Ben a rapist earlier in the night. And then we are to believe that the same night he was called a rapist he went ahead and did it? Sorry, not buying it with no physical evidence when he's accused of unprotected sex during a rape.

Prok
06-15-2010, 02:51 PM

Feels like deja vu. Were you at steelreign,Shawn ?? BTW welcome aboard Crash, the anti- HHM. LOL

Prok
06-15-2010, 02:53 PM
BTW Crash, u still posting at SR ??

Crash
06-15-2010, 03:01 PM

Fk SR. They call Ben a sexual predator for months and then when I fire back they edit my notes? Ian asked me to stop posting so I did. They give a Ravens fans more respect there, they should name it Ravens Reign.

F 'em.

RuthlessBurgher
06-15-2010, 03:17 PM

Fk SR. They call Ben a sexual predator for months and then when I fire back they edit my notes? Ian asked me to stop posting so I did. They give a Ravens fans more respect there, they should name it Ravens Reign.

F 'em.

Shouldn't it be Purple Reign then?

http://www.areavoices.com/valleysound/images/prince-purple-rain.jpg

:ratsuck :lol:

Prok
06-15-2010, 04:17 PM

F 'em.

I hear ya. Ian, md and ratman have become a tiresome threesome. They can wallow in their own muck as far as i'm concerned. Hey, Slash has popped in here from time to time as well.

I just can't wait to see you and HHM go toe to toe! LOL