PDA

View Full Version : Ben to speak to media after practice today, per Tweet

Steelgal
06-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Just got this from Steeler's reporter Jim Wexell

jimwexell Roethlisberger will talk to the media following today's practice. #steelers

Prok
06-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Only fielded a couple questions. Basically saying he's looking forward to new chapter in his life etc.

I thought he handled himself well.

HeHateMe
06-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Were any women reporters present?

SteelHead
06-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Ben Roethlisberger met with the media briefly following practice Thursday, making a brief statement and taking two questions in his first public comments since his return to the Steelers.

Roethlisbergerís statement didnít appear prepared, and he offered his perspective on re-evaluating his life to a small group of reporters.

ďI appreciate you guys, I know you guys have been waiting a long time to talk to me, as I have to you,Ē Roethlisberger said. ďI wanted to let you guys know how great it is to be back on the field. Itís been a long time away, itís been hard. I put a lot of time and effort into working hard on and off the field while Iíve been gone. Itís not the same. I love football to death. But I think itís meant more to be out here with my teammates, my brothers, my family, if you will, thatís what has really been neat about getting back out here.

ďIíve put a lot of thought into my life, the decisions Iíve made in the past. Iíve been sitting at home thinking about things. Iíve been working closely with the commissioner about ways to make corrections, changes. So Iím looking forward to the second chance, and the second opportunity. Not just in football ó because I think everyone knows what youíre going to get in football ó but in life. I think thatís whatís more important.Ē

Roethlisberger was whisked away after his two questions, but indicated heíd be speaking again soon.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/06/03/roethlisberger-looking-forward-to-second-chance/