View Full Version : If I Could Be Like Mike

flippy
06-02-2010, 05:04 PM
[youtube:afp6pbh3]ZxpYt63xllE[/youtube:afp6pbh3]

Prok
06-02-2010, 06:39 PM
LOL

Awesome stuff !!

Mike has become one of my personal all-time fav's.

:tt1

jj28west
06-02-2010, 07:28 PM
I am a Tomlin lover myself. Wish I could bend his ear for an hour over dinner while at the same time try to get him to open up more. Is it me or never gives up any information to the media and talks very generically about things. Not as bad as Belicheck but his answers or comments are so neutral.

I still like his style and one liners. The unleashing hell never materialized. His emotion though really showed up during the Super Bowl run vs the first year where he seemed reserved.

Prok
06-02-2010, 07:41 PM
I am a Tomlin lover myself. Wish I could bend his ear for an hour over dinner while at the same time try to get him to open up more. Is it me or never gives up any information to the media and talks very generically about things. Not as bad as Belicheck but his answers or comments are so neutral.

I still like his style and one liners. The unleashing hell never materialized. His emotion though really showed up during the Super Bowl run vs the first year where he seemed reserved.

Yeah things didn't work as well as he wanted last year for sure. But look how pro-active the team has been this off-season to try and overcome weaknesses. His style is similar to bellichick in that he won't give the media much ammo which is cool by me too.

I think my favorite thing about him is his pro-activeness. He's not gonna dwell on a mistake nor will he let our team dwell on it.

I've always felt that while we surely won't win all the big games under coach Tomlin, we sure as hell won't let the moment over-come us as alot of Cowher teams did IMO. And I think it's proving itself true as well. These guys don't seem to press or panick in the big games anymore. And i think that's a testement to a fine job by coach Tomlin.

I believe he'll be our HC for quite a few years ahead. :tt1

Ozey74
06-02-2010, 08:39 PM
How Coach Tomlin handles the added pressure going into this season is important. I think he has what it takes to keep the team afloat and to also answer the many questions that will come his way. He not only has to deal with the Ben crap, but he also has to deal with a team that is taking a different offensive approach & is also in charge of overseeing a defense that has to be better this year late in the game.

I know that all teams have their "issues", but there are certain teams that have their "issues" magnified & the Steelers are one of thoses teams. Plus, I believe the majority of the media hates the Steelers & the media will do it's part into putting a negative spin on things.

I think this is a big year for Tomlin!!!

:tt2

flippy
06-02-2010, 10:07 PM
This woulda been better if they dumped Gatorade on him a bunch of times.

Prok
06-02-2010, 10:12 PM
This woulda been better if they dumped Gatorade on him a bunch of times.

We'll get to see that once he gets to his 4th or 5th SB win.

:Cheers

NW Steeler
06-03-2010, 01:43 AM
I think this team will have a serious chip on its' shoulder this year. The division will be tough, and that will make us that much better. Even though he already has a ring, I think this is the year we really see Tomlin's value as our teams coach.

Wallace108
06-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Meh ... I thought this was going to be a Mike Wallace thread. http://www.xs4all.nl/~ernstmul/images/yahoo/28.gif

Seriously though, nice vid. Tomlin's the man, and I'll never understand why some Steelers fans don't like him.

calmkiller
06-03-2010, 03:45 PM
I'd rather be like Hines.