PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed...

plainnasty
06-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Has anyone else noticed that since the Steelers started selling tickets on ticketmaster, instead of the season ticket waiting list, that there are a lot more fans of the visiting teams at the games. Especially in the upper end zone seats. It only makes sense being that anyone can buy them now.

It's always been a source of pride, in being a Steeler fan, in that so few visiting fans are at our home games as compared to other teams. But using ticketmaster certainly doesn't help.

flippy
06-02-2010, 03:33 PM
they could control this by offering an early sale to season ticket wait listers.

i haven't gotten tickets since its gone to ticketmaster.

calmkiller
06-02-2010, 03:51 PM
I have actually been able to buy tickets because of the Ticketmaster sell. I am very happy I actually have a chance to get Steeler tickets each year. Went to the Vikings game last year with my parents and girl friend. Trying to get Cleveland tickets this year.

Prok
06-02-2010, 03:59 PM
they could control this by offering an early sale to season ticket wait listers.

Excellent idea. And i've even wrote to the Rooney family expressing such thoughts. So far, all it has netted me is a couple of team posters though in return. lol

plainnasty
06-02-2010, 05:11 PM

Excellent idea. And i've even wrote to the Rooney family expressing such thoughts. So far, all it has netted me is a couple of team posters though in return. lol
That's how is was prior to 2007. Obviously there is some benefit for the Steelers to use ticketmaster.

I've gotten tickets every year from ticketmaster. But I also got them every year with the old format, going to the people on the season ticket waiting list. The best part about the season ticket waiting list was getting playoff tickets offered also.

NJ-STEELER
06-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Has anyone else noticed that since the Steelers started selling tickets on ticketmaster, instead of the season ticket waiting list, that there are a lot more fans of the visiting teams at the games. Especially in the upper end zone seats. It only makes sense being that anyone can buy them now.

It's always been a source of pride, in being a Steeler fan, in that so few visiting fans are at our home games as compared to other teams. But using ticketmaster certainly doesn't help.

some teams do that.

dont know why we dont.