PDA

View Full Version : Foote on Big Ben

SteelerNation1
06-02-2010, 10:03 AM
http://stations.espn.go.com/stations/espnradio1250%20/blog?id=3507954

LB Larry Foote even went so far as to refute some of the reports of Ben being poorly received in the past by teammates in the locker room. "As far as the teammate and in the locker room that stuff is ridiculous," said Foote. "As far as his work ethic and commitment you don't win two Super Bowls without sacrificing and giving something up. As far as a leader you don't see many quarterbacks sticking in there and giving up his body for the team. He put it on the line every week, and just that alone we have respect and admiration for him."

Foote continued, "In the locker room I've never seen the stuff I'm hearing. He's a good high quality guy in the locker room. Everybody makes mistakes and we've got to learn from it. It's way overblown and I feel bad the black eye he's getting from this and people throwing stones. You know he made bad decisions, he's got to put himself in better situations but that comes with maturity. He's still a young man, plays a kid's game, has a lot of money. I'm quite sure he learned his lesson the hard way. But as far the character thing and people taking shots at the type of leader in the locker room& that's ridiculous. It's absolutely ridiculous."

ramblinjim
06-02-2010, 10:07 AM
:Clap

papillon
06-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Larry Foote just earned his salary for the year. It's good to have him back.

:Bow to Larry for his leadership on this issue. :tt2

Pappy

flippy
06-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Larry Foote just earned his salary for the year. It's good to have him back.

:Bow to Larry for his leadership on this issue. :tt2

Pappy

Good point. We brought back some high character guys in Foote and Randle El.

I also think Foote's the perfect guy to help the young LBs develop. He small and slow, but always in a spot to make plays. I'd like to see Larry come back as a coach one day. I bet he'll have a huge impact on Timmons.

aggiebones
06-02-2010, 03:35 PM
haha
This is what should have been acknowledged right away by everyone.
But everyone is so quick to try and take someone down. Amazingly our own fans too. And for the sole reason but to be self-righteous and to be able to laugh at the Bengals/Cowboys for their evil ways.
But I say back Big Ben and still give those teams the bird. If he steps out of line again though, it might be hammer time. Let the Rooneys handle it in their way, seems to be successful. Why would we loudly complain about Ben and appear unsettled? That just makes the Rooneys job harder. I thought we were supporting the Rooneys?
Granted the initial knee jerk reactions that everyone had are to be expected. After that we are just making things worse for ourselves.

Oviedo
06-02-2010, 03:43 PM
My opinion of Foote just went up but not enough to be delusional enough to think he should take snaps away from Timmons.

Good leadership from a veteran player.

flippy
06-02-2010, 03:47 PM
haha hammer time

http://www.hahastop.com/pictures/Hammer_Time.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
06-02-2010, 08:15 PM
I have to one-up you, flip, with one of my all-time favorites...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JKWGy_c_bwk/Sioh4YEvqWI/AAAAAAAAAAU/qjbc-eyPrqo/s400/Hammerzeit.jpg

Prok
06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
haha
This is what should have been acknowledged right away by everyone.
But everyone is so quick to try and take someone down. Amazingly our own fans too. And for the sole reason but to be self-righteous and to be able to laugh at the Bengals/Cowboys for their evil ways.
But I say back Big Ben and still give those teams the bird. If he steps out of line again though, it might be hammer time. Let the Rooneys handle it in their way, seems to be successful. Why would we loudly complain about Ben and appear unsettled? That just makes the Rooneys job harder. I thought we were supporting the Rooneys?
Granted the initial knee jerk reactions that everyone had are to be expected. After that we are just making things worse for ourselves.

Good post. And i applaud Larry for speaking the truth. Put the ppl on a witch hunt in their place, Larry !!
:Cheers

SteelerNation1
06-02-2010, 08:24 PM
My opinion of Foote just went up but not enough to be delusional enough to think he should take snaps away from Timmons.

This is key. I love Foote, but I love him in a backup role. I think Timmons takes snaps away from Farrior this yr.

Prok
06-02-2010, 08:32 PM

This is key. I love Foote, but I love him in a backup role. I think Timmons takes snaps away from Farrior this yr.

I'm hoping this is the year that Timmons reaches his full potential. Been a long time since we had a ILB that fast and ferocious a hitter IMO.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened had a 4-3 team drafted him. My money say's he'd prolly be at the top of the league at OLB in a 4-3 by now.

papillon
06-02-2010, 09:10 PM

I'm hoping this is the year that Timmons reaches his full potential. Been a long time since we had a ILB that fast and ferocious a hitter IMO.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened had a 4-3 team drafted him. My money say's he'd prolly be at the top of the league at OLB in a 4-3 by now.

If Timmons gets too much better he may set all sorts of tackling, fumble recoveries and INT records for linebackers and he'll be near the top in sacks.

Pappy