PDA

View Full Version : Punches fly during practice

SteelCrazy
06-02-2010, 01:16 AM
Tempers flared between rookie wide receiver Antonio Brown and second-year cornerback Keenan Lewis on Tuesday at Steelers practice.

The two exchanged punches yesterday after Lewis apparently took offense at a block that Brown threw during a running play. Coaches and teammates quickly pried the two apart, and there didn't appear to be any lingering animosity between Brown and Lewis.

Both were seen smiling later as Brown tried to explain his block to Lewis.

"He was mad because I had good position," Brown said. "At the end of the day, we're teammates. It's just the competitive nature, and when we go into the locker room we're buddies."

Brown said he has played with an edge since falling to the sixth round of the NFL Draft in April.

"The draft is over, so I can't worry about it anymore," the Central Michigan product said, "but I want to show people what I can do."

His feistiness showed something to veteran wide receiver Antwaan Randle El.

"Yeah, (but) you've go to know where to punch," Randle El said in reference to the blows Brown threw to Lewis' helmet.

Wide receiver Hines Ward watched practice yesterday but didn't participate in it because of a strained left hamstring.

The 13-year veteran has been working with the younger wide receivers and said he will get some practice time in before the voluntary drills end on June 10.

Fans will be able to buy tickets to individual home games for the 2010 season through Ticketmaster starting at 10 a.m. June 19.

There are a limited number of tickets available and a maximum of four per household can be purchased for regular-season games at Heinz Field. Fans can buy an unlimited number of tickets for the Steelers' two preseason games at home.

Tickets can only be purchased at Ticketmaster or by calling 1-800-745-3000 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1-800-745-3000

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 83981.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_683981.html)

Wallace108
06-02-2010, 01:30 AM
Sounds like Hines has been teaching him well.

SteelCrazy
06-02-2010, 01:37 AM
I'm really starting to love this Brown guy...........I love the fact that he has a chip on his shoulder. I hope he can make the team.

focosteeler
06-02-2010, 01:44 AM
I'm really starting to love this Brown guy...........I love the fact that he has a chip on his shoulder. I hope he can make the team.

yeah me too! kinda like Wallace last year...I remember reading something where he said he was expecting to go in the second round and after he got drafted late he felt like he needed to show all the teams that passed on him what they missed....lets hope he makes the team people with grudges make for good football!! :tt1 :tt1

Preacher
06-02-2010, 01:51 AM
Here is my favorite quote of the entire article...

"Yeah, (but) you've got to know where to punch," Randle El said in reference to the blows Brown threw to Lewis' helmet.

Absolutely hilarious IMO.

PT.
06-02-2010, 05:31 AM
its starting to look like brown is the better wr. i really didnt like him or sanders when we drafted them(especially sanders in the 3rd) but hopefully at least 1 of them will end up being a good starter for us

slashsteel
06-02-2010, 05:39 AM
I wouldn't say Brown is the better receiver or that it "looks" like he is. As Sanders has had his reports on how he has suprised a few with his speed. Plus we are talking shorts here. Lets get into preseason when the hitting from opponents. We can better evaluate who has the edge. The real eye opener though will be come final 53. And then who gets more playing time out of the gates. But yeah both reports on both receivers have been positive so far....

ramblinjim
06-02-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm excited for a some killer competition this year in the secondary and amongst the wide receivers. There seems to be some good but raw young talent on both sides and I'm looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

flippy
06-02-2010, 02:28 PM
can't wait for the pads.

Oviedo
06-02-2010, 03:45 PM

I'll take Brown over an over 30 Arnez Battle.

Jooser
06-03-2010, 08:43 AM
I could care less about the chips on shoulders and all the "I'm Bad" rubbish. I just want some reliable WR's who can get open and catch the ball, right Sweed? :o