PDA

View Full Version : Ben gets kicked off Arnold Palmer's Golf Course???

SidSmythe
05-30-2010, 01:35 PM
OK, here comes another Ben story. Not sure how true it is...we've heard lots of stories of Ben being a jerk but I really want to know how true this is.

I'm up here in Western NY and I was at a store yesterday and a worker and another guy were talking STEELER FOOTBALL ... so of course I jumped in.

The worker said he was down in Pittsburgh last week and this is the story he told us.

Ben was golfing at Arnold Palmer's golf course and was approached by a couple young boys. They asked Ben for an autograph, to which Ben replied "Get the F@^# away from me!!!" The kids left crying ... come to find out they were Arnold Palmer's grandchildren and management asked Ben to leave. Ben went into the lockerroom and to shower up. Management then shut off the water and lights and told him "You don't understand. We meant leave now!!"

OK!! If this is TRUE, then BEN is a D-bag and probably is beyond cure!
If these rumors are FALSE, there is a CONSPIRACY to take BEN down out there.

Any Thoughts???

Steelgal
05-30-2010, 01:39 PM
I agree, IF that indeed did happen, Ben has learned nothing and never will. But until I read it in actual story with some proof, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. However it is a bit disturbing considering we know that he and his Ex played golf recently, so it's likely he could be playing at that course as well.

Prok
05-30-2010, 01:40 PM
i heard this rumor a few weeks back. i don't put any stock in it.

focosteeler
05-30-2010, 01:41 PM
cant say i believe this one...im hoping no one proves me wrong. a week or two ago someone on SF posted a story that was almost a complete opposite of this ill see if i can find it

Prok
05-30-2010, 01:44 PM
They perma-banned me at SF so i can't look up the thread with the rumor in it. This all supposedly happened quite some time ago. Even more than a year IIRC.

It's FALSE IMO. Ben has been at that course PLENTY since the alleged incedent. And i use the term alleged loosely.

Prok
05-30-2010, 01:45 PM
cant say i believe this one...im hoping no one proves me wrong. a week or two ago someone on SF posted a story that was almost a complete opposite of this ill see if i can find it

I believe it's at http://www.BigBennews.com

focosteeler
05-30-2010, 01:46 PM

I believe it's at http://www.BigBennews.com

yes sir! ...here it is

April 29, 2010
New Fan Story: Little Maddox meets Big Ben

The meeting took place Friday, April 23, 2010 and is told by his father, Colin:

I need to share a positive story that happened to my family today regarding Ben.

I have been hypocritical of Ben, doubting him at times. People make mistakes. I have made a ton of them and always seemed to get another chance, so why can't we do the same with Ben?

Ben and his father were golfing today. My son Maddox who is 5-years old, is a huge 'Ben fan'. My son patiently waited for Ben to finish up at the ninth hole. He had his 'Ben' jersey on and a rookie card in hand.

Well before my son could even ask him a question, Ben took the initiative and asked my son, "What do you got there buddy, you want me to sign something?".

So he signed a card for my son and took a picture with him. They then saw him a few minutes later getting a hot dog and he called my son "buddy" again.

I don't know if Ben has to win his fans back or not, but I just wanted to thank him and share a positive story with you.

He put a smile on my family's face today and I'm pretty sure my son will never forget it. If he does, he’s always got a nice picture and autograph to remind him.

I should have never prejudged the guy like so many others. I’m going to share this story with as many as I can.

Story Update:

Colin advised that his son "has been talking about the experience for the last couple days. We printed up some pictures for the golf course and our parents. Now he wants to autograph one and send it back to Ben."

Ben says "even exchange"!

Ben is happy to accept Maddox's autographed photo, and will send Maddox an autographed photo from him in exchange!

http://bigbennews.com/

calmkiller
05-30-2010, 01:48 PM
They perma-banned me at SF so i can't look up the thread with the rumor in it. This all supposedly happened quite some time ago. Even more than a year IIRC.

It's FALSE IMO. Ben has been at that course PLENTY since the alleged incedent. And i use the term alleged loosely.

That sounds like what I read as well. It was a year or more old, and I believe that Ben's lawyer.....or a spokesman for Arney said it wasn't true. I think it was even posted by Ed B on post gazette in a chat or something. Can't remember completely though.

focosteeler
05-30-2010, 01:48 PM

haha i figured i'd keep my mouth shut over there just incase i needed to go back to look something up someone said...i win :mrgreen:

Godfather
05-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Sounds bogus to me. Ben is known for being nice to kids.

Prok
05-30-2010, 01:51 PM

haha i figured i'd keep my mouth shut over there just incase i needed to go back to look something up someone said...i win :mrgreen:

lol. I didn't spam the board or anything. All i did was shotgun my last 20 or so posts to 1,000. First time i've ever been banned anywhere. feels wierd. lol

SidSmythe
05-30-2010, 01:52 PM
I found the story hard to believe, but you never know.

I don't want to think BEN is a EGOMANIAC like some are making him out to be.
I want to see him come back and become one of the classiest men in the business.

Mister Pittsburgh
05-30-2010, 02:11 PM
That story is very old and Arnold Palmer even refuted it when asked about the supposed incident.

focosteeler
05-30-2010, 02:20 PM

lol. I didn't spam the board or anything. All i did was shotgun my last 20 or so posts to 1,000. First time i've ever been banned anywhere. feels wierd. lol

aw man all that work posting to finally get to 1,000 then matthew does that....ass

siss
05-30-2010, 02:29 PM
The version of the story I heard was that he was golfing with Arnie Palmer and Arnie said to Ben lets go sign autographs for those kids over there" and Ben said sarcastically "aww do we have to". Then he went over and signed autographs for the kids

HeHateMe
05-30-2010, 02:59 PM
OK, here comes another Ben story. Not sure how true it is...we've heard lots of stories of Ben being a jerk but I really want to know how true this is.

I'm up here in Western NY and I was at a store yesterday and a worker and another guy were talking STEELER FOOTBALL ... so of course I jumped in.

The worker said he was down in Pittsburgh last week and this is the story he told us.

Ben was golfing at Arnold Palmer's golf course and was approached by a couple young boys. They asked Ben for an autograph, to which Ben replied "Get the F@^# away from me!!!" The kids left crying ... come to find out they were Arnold Palmer's grandchildren and management asked Ben to leave. Ben went into the lockerroom and to shower up. Management then shut off the water and lights and told him "You don't understand. We meant leave now!!"

Any Thoughts???

This is an OLD rumor. Arnold Palmer confirmed that this is NOT TRUE. I have my issues with Ben but I'm not into lying. If he didnt do it, why print bs?

hawaiiansteel
05-30-2010, 03:01 PM

Any Thoughts???

This is an OLD rumor. Arnold Palmer confirmed that this is NOT TRUE. I have my issues with Ben but I'm not into lying. If he didnt do it, why print bs?

:Clap

and thanks for the UFC link btw, there were a lot of great fights on that card!

HeHateMe
05-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Again, It is FALSE

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... are-false/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/15/source-roethlisbergers-arnold-palmer-rumors-are-false/)

HeHateMe
05-30-2010, 03:04 PM

Any Thoughts???

Not a problem. I agree about the fights was surprised at how weak Rampage and Evans were. Keep the link and you can watch Steeler games on there as well without buying the NFL Sunday Ticket

NJ-STEELER
05-30-2010, 04:01 PM
that was a story rumored in his first couple years here thats been brought up again to pile on.

and isn't the course ben play on with the LPGA girl the arnold palmer course

NJ-STEELER
05-30-2010, 04:03 PM

Any Thoughts???

Not a problem. I agree about the fights was surprised at how weak Rampage and Evans were. Keep the link and you can watch Steeler games on there as well without buying the NFL Sunday Ticket

now i know why you have such an idiotic opinion on Ben. you watch the games on that???

i tried for one preseason game and found it unwatchable because it delayed and skipped so much

Shawn
05-30-2010, 04:09 PM
I enjoy watching Ben play football. Is it really necessary for me to measure and judge his level of douchebaggery? Why are we obsessed with doing so? If his actions effect the team then I am concerned. If they don't...well that's on Ben. If we spent as much time worry about ourselves and our own families as we do worring and judging others...this would be a much better world.

Prok
05-30-2010, 04:14 PM
I enjoy watching Ben play football. Is it really necessary for me to measure and judge his level of douchebaggery? Why are we obsessed with doing so? If his actions effect the team then I am concerned. If they don't...well that's on Ben. If we spent as much time worry about ourselves and our own families as we do worring and judging others...this would be a much better world.

Is there rep here ? There are quite a few of you guys i'd give good rep too if so. This is a classic example of good rep worthy.

:tt1

Snatch98
05-30-2010, 04:24 PM
He would have to be a complete and total moron to step out of line after what just transpired. Therefore I sincerely doubt this occurred.

HeHateMe
05-30-2010, 04:25 PM

Any Thoughts???

now i know why you have such an idiotic opinion on Ben. you watch the games on that???

i tried for one preseason game and found it unwatchable because it delayed and skipped so much

No, I watch the games on the NFL Sunday Ticket and I have EVERY Steeler game recorded since I have had Sunday Ticket 04. I just suggested that to him because some people don't like to pay for it. One Steeler fan trying to help another, that is all.

kindlecatsb'ng
05-30-2010, 04:32 PM
I have black and gold cats--. How do I get their pics on here?

Any help appreciated.

Preacher
05-30-2010, 06:35 PM
Well, I think I may have found the "source" of the story...

How Arnie Palmer Put Ben Roethlisberger in His Place

Ryan2_tiny by Ryan Ballengee on Mar 13, 2010 8:53 PM EST in Golfiness Comment 22 comments

This story was told to me just a few days ago from a very credible source.

The Steelers have their training camp in Latrobe, PA - a town absolutely owned by Arnold Palmer. Near the training camp is Laurel Valley golf club. It has hosted several major championships and is a big deal club in the area. Ben Roethlisberger came by during training camp one summer and said he wanted to get on the course to play. The pro shop said that they would accomodate him but that members that had tee times would go ahead of him and they would work him on.

So, Ben looks around the pro shop and starts buying up stuff. Makes his purchases, then disappears to the first tee. He's teeing off out of turn. The pro shop wrangles him down in the first fairway and demands that he return to the clubhouse to wait his turn to play. Eventually, he gets to go off. He runs into a bunch of people who naturally want his autograph. He says no to all of them. Doesn't want to be nice to the people letting him play their exclusive track.

When he's done with the round, Ben goes into the locker room in the clubhouse. He takes a shower and comes out, when a man comes up to him and tells him, "What you are going to do right now is go into the pro shop and sign autographs for every single person who wants them, and then you will never come back here again."

The man who told him that? Arnold Palmer.
http://www.waggleroom.com/2010/3/13/137 ... er-put-ben (http://www.waggleroom.com/2010/3/13/1371869/how-arnie-palmer-put-ben) (mods... we were always told to include links to stories at SF for copyright reasons. Is that true here? I'll include it just in case).

Least, the source of the latest go around. Notice however, just how different it is. The ONLY similarity, is that Ben is in the locker room. Also, he won't sign autographs.

The rest of the story is fabricated around those two central points... that and, "you'll never play here again."

So what can we get from this that may be true? 1. Ben was probably playing golf, and didn't sign autographs. 2. Ben then used the shower in the locker room. The last, sounds like a morality tale-that he was told never to play here again.

The story probably went something like this originally, "Ben was playing golf here. But instead of signing autographs, he just went right to the showers and then left. I hope he never plays here again." That could have been from ANYWHERE. Furthermore, if you are a golfer, you also understand the that people coming up and bugging you on the course is the last thing you want.

I am not a fan of Big Ben the person after all of the stuff we have heard. I do believe where there is smoke, there is fire. However, THIS tale, I think is absolutely that, a tale, a legend. And almost completely false.

Shawn
05-30-2010, 06:36 PM

Is there rep here ? There are quite a few of you guys i'd give good rep too if so. This is a classic example of good rep worthy.

:tt1

I appreciate the kind words Prok.

hawaiiansteel
05-30-2010, 08:07 PM

Any Thoughts???

i was very disappointed with Rampage, he obviously was not focused because of his A-Team role and his ring rustiness showed big-time, Dana White said he might fight Machida next....as for Evans, against Rampage he only had to watch out for the right hand, i think he's in big trouble against Rua's low kicks and submissions.

RuthlessBurgher
06-01-2010, 03:58 PM
I have black and gold cats--. How do I get their pics on here?

Any help appreciated.

You can upload a picture from your hard drive to a website such as Photobucket (that's what I use). Signing up is free.

You can then make that picture your sig by going to User Control Panel, the clicking Profile, and finally Edit Signature.

You cut and paste the URL that photobucket gives you (which should already have the [img] tags around it) into that box. Hit Submit, and you are done.