PDA

View Full Version : SteelersFever - New Board

Psychoward#86
05-29-2010, 11:28 PM
The right thing to say......

HTG, FS, and X-term have the board up and running. Before I give you the link however, let me ask everyone a favor.

This board, and their mods have been absolutely FANTASTIC to us over the last few days. No hazing, very accepting. In light of that, may I suggest that if you are headed over to the new board, you keep this posting on this board as well.

This board reminds me of SF about 3 years ago. Young, fresh, vibrant, with real opportunity. I think they enjoy the boost we have given them as much as we have enjoyed having a good place to land.

With that said, the new site has been create. Please contact Preacher for the URL.

BlastFurnace
05-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Thanks. I like it here too. I'll be posting on both boards.

Prok
05-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks. I like it here too. I'll be posting on both boards.

I feel the same.

Preacher
05-29-2010, 11:36 PM
Like I said on the other thread...

They have been very good to us here... can we wait to get permission from the mods before we do this? Just cancel out the post?

Just a way of showing a little respect. They HAVE been very good to us.

I have an email into one of the mods concerning it.

BlastFurnace
05-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Like I said on the other thread...

They have been very good to us here... can we wait to get permission from the mods before we do this? Just cancel out the post?

Just a way of showing a little respect. They HAVE been very good to us.

I have an email into one of the mods concerning it.

Good idea. I thought the same thing. The guys/gals here have been great to us.

Wallace108
05-29-2010, 11:48 PM
But I just unpacked!!

If there's a silver lining in what happened at SF, it was finding Planet ... If Ben can have more than one home, then so can I.

stlrz d
05-29-2010, 11:58 PM
How 'bout yinz take HeHateMe over there and we'll call it even?

Preacher
05-30-2010, 12:00 AM
How 'bout yinz take HeHateMe over there and we'll call it even?

:moon

There are some things that are even beyond a Preacher!

Prok
05-30-2010, 12:03 AM
But I just unpacked!!

If there's a silver lining in what happened at SF, it was finding Planet ... If Ben can have more than one home, then so can I.

Yep. The more Steelers fans the merrier buddy. As far as the hehateme character i can ignore him the same over there as i am here. lol

calmkiller
05-30-2010, 12:04 AM
Nothing personal, but to me this seems....well in bad form. Come stay for a day eat our food sleep in our bed then say well thanks, but we found some place nicer. This place isn't good enough now... Just me talking. I kinda take offense to it.

Sorry we couldn't give you the Steelers Discussion you were looking for.

Prok
05-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Nothing personal, but to me this seems....well in bad form. Come stay for a day eat our food sleep in our bed then say well thanks, but we found some place nicer. This place isn't good enough now... Just me talking. I kinda take offense to it.

I wouldn't have spammed the board with the other addy. At least 3 of us in this thread have already said we plan on posting here still.

eniparadoxgma
05-30-2010, 12:10 AM

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1217/gunnyhartman.jpg (http://img46.imageshack.us/i/gunnyhartman.jpg/)

"AND NOT EVEN HAVE THE GODDAMN COURTESY TO GIVE US A REACH-AROUND!"

eniparadoxgma
05-30-2010, 12:13 AM
Dude bombed every single forum we have regardless of its function or the last time there was even a post in it.

Bad form IMO.

SteelCrazy
05-30-2010, 12:15 AM

I dont think the guy meant anything by this post....some have already stated that he should have got permission before doing so...no harm done.

They had a home and it was abruptly taken from them, so they felt like they needed to rebuild it...very understandable...best wishes to all of them whether they stay or not.

fordfixer
05-30-2010, 12:17 AM
I don't think any of the SF refuges hid the fact that the mods from the SF site was making a new forum and that they would be posting at both places.

eniparadoxgma
05-30-2010, 12:20 AM
I'm criticizing not what was done, but how it was done.

The dude abides regardless. 8)

Preacher
05-30-2010, 12:24 AM

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do think it was bad form as well. Well, I might as well post the PM I sent to a mod (He's off line, so he didn't get it).

However, this was what I was asking to post.

From our old board, SteelersFever, the mods have put together a new board. It is now up and running.

I was wondering if you would allow me to post a thread for all teh old SF members. I would ABSOLUTELY exhort them to stay here as well, and post on both sites. Matter of fact, if you allow me to do it, here is the post I would use!

Quote:
Title: Steelersfever members--new board

HTG, FS, and X-term have the board up and running. Before I give you the link however, let me ask everyone a favor.

This board, and their mods have been absolutely FANTASTIC to us over the last few days. No hazing, very accepting. In light of that, may I suggest that if you are headed over to the new board, you keep this posting on this board as well.

This board reminds me of SF about 3 years ago. Young, fresh, vibrant, with real opportunity. I think they enjoy the boost we have given them as much as we have enjoyed having a good place to land.

With that said, the new site is (a mod asked me to change it to receiving PM's. I think that is absolutely fair. Please PM me if you want the new web address) BUT ONLY IF YOU PLAN ON SHOW SOME LOVE HERE AS WELL!!!!!!

I hope to see you all both HERE and THERE.

Preacher.

If not, I completely understand. I just thought I would ask!

Thanks again,

Prok
05-30-2010, 12:24 AM

Agreed. i just noticed that he hit every forum when you pointed it out. Not cool.

Preacher
05-30-2010, 12:29 AM

Agreed. i just noticed that he hit every forum when you pointed it out. Not cool.

http://emoticons.msn-beta.com/big/06.gif

EVERY BLEEEEPING SUBFORUM... Didn't he?

Wow.

Prok
05-30-2010, 12:32 AM
Eh, i don't want it to reflect on those of us staying here. Hopefully a mod cleans it up.

Preacher
05-30-2010, 12:40 AM
Eh, i don't want it to reflect on those of us staying here. Hopefully a mod cleans it up.

Exactly.

Actually, I was hoping that there could be a good tight relationship between the two... with what they have done for us...

SteelCrazy
05-30-2010, 12:43 AM
I didn't see that he was banging his drum in every forum.....WOW! :shock:

fordfixer
05-30-2010, 12:45 AM
He peed on every tree

SteelCrazy
05-30-2010, 12:48 AM
He peed on every tree

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm glad I wasnt drinking something when I read that post! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Preacher
05-30-2010, 12:49 AM

http://store.drumbum.com/media/beavis.gif Well, I guess we can chalk it up to a Beavis moment.

focosteeler
05-30-2010, 12:49 AM
well even though we got a new forum im planning on being here regularly...the way you guys treated us was first class...and i like first class people :tt2

fordfixer
05-30-2010, 12:51 AM
He peed on every tree

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm glad I wasnt drinking something when I read that post! :lol: :lol: :lol:

aw you need a new key board anyway :lol:

SteelCrazy
05-30-2010, 12:54 AM

http://store.drumbum.com/media/beavis.gif Well, I guess we can chalk it up to a Beavis moment.

He was just excited that he has a "teepee" for his bunghole.....

Wallace108
05-30-2010, 01:23 AM
Personally, I no longer think of myself as a Fever refugee. I now think of myself as a member of the Planet community.

I'm not going to criticize anyone because it's been a very emotional few days for a lot of people. Sometimes out of anger or excitement, we do things without thinking it through. I'll leave it at that.

Cmdurand21
05-30-2010, 01:29 AM
You guys were like our Oklahoma City during our Katrina. I will personally be staying here and not going to the other forum (I may lurk it). Maybe I will be like the Kevin Durant of your forum. :tt2

hawaiiansteel
05-30-2010, 01:51 AM
personally, i don't think it really matters at all and in no way does it reflect on any other Steelers Fever member.

for those posters who would like to continue posting here at Planet Steelers i welcome your future thoughts and look forward to disagreeing with you soon... :D

for those who only used this website as a temporary place of refuge i wish you well in your life and future posting, hope the new website turns out as wonderful as your last one seemed to be.

i have already made some new friends, there really are a bunch of cool people that were at Steelers Fever and i'm glad i got to meet a lot of you. i'm sorry for the circumstances that led you to coming here, but you guys and gals have already made this website better because of it.

:Cheers

fordfixer
05-30-2010, 02:05 AM
personally, i don't think it really matters at all and in no way does it reflect on any other Steelers Fever member.

for those posters who would like to continue posting here at Planet Steelers i welcome your future thoughts and look forward to disagreeing with you soon... :D

for those who only used this website as a temporary place of refuge i wish you well in your life and future posting, hope the new website turns out as wonderful as your last one seemed to be.

i have already made some new friends, there really are a bunch of cool people that were at Steelers Fever and i'm glad i got to meet a lot of you. i'm sorry for the circumstances that led you to coming here, but you guys and gals have already made this website better because of it.

well said and :Agree :tt1

Preacher
05-30-2010, 02:23 AM

See, its that kind of thing that makes it hard for me to leave here!

Jerk.

:wink:

Wallace108
05-30-2010, 02:37 AM
I can't just leave after all the time I spent trying to figure out my stinking avatar. That's the only reason I'm staying ... it's all your fault hawaiiansteel because you're the one who fixed it. http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/images/smilies/emoticons//buttkick.gif http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/images/smilies/emoticons/happy0009.gif

AngryAsian
05-30-2010, 04:49 AM
I have loved the new influx of members coming and adding to the collective. I know I'm speaking for the others when I say that we don't consider the new membership as "refugees." The brethren has expanded and when talking about Steeler fans, its always a good thing. I invite all the new members to please stay and make plans early to attend our official Planet Steelers Tailgate on week 10, 11/14 against the Cheats!!! Like last year, it will be a blast and we are sure this one is going to be massive!. Welcome aboard my brothers!

steelreserve
05-30-2010, 06:46 AM
I'm also a new SF refugee, and I've been lurking for a couple days, but I have to say I love this place. I plan on being a member of both for sure.

Actually, as far as I'm concerned, it's a little refreshing to have a fresh start and meet a whole gang of new like-minded fans. Being on the same forum talking to the same couple hundred people gets catty and stale at times. You want to really know, if steeluniverse.net becomes just a lifeboat for steelersfever, you guys will be a better forum than us. Everybody is excited and a little apprehensive right now, and the other forum is riding a wave of enthusiasm, but there's not telling how the hell it will work out long-term. (I wrote a fairly extensive message about this on our own forum here, if you're interested: http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/sho ... -Helped-Us (http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/showthread.php?70-Helping-Those-Who-Helped-Us).)

Just please, bear with us. Things are crazy. But I don't think anyone means anyone any disrespect. Most of us are just excited that we've found a great group of people to interact with here, and hopeful that we can make this into a critical mass one way or another.

There is no superiority, "our site was bigger" or "our site was around longer" here. Or at least everyone ought to realize that. Our forum doesn't even exist anymore. I'm overwhelmingly happy that there are people who would actually hold their arms out for us instead of telling us to piss off, like at one other baord I shall not name.

stillers4me
05-30-2010, 07:39 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with Preacher and the other former Steelers Fever members! You guys are so daggum nice that I plan on sticking around, like it or not!!!! They way you have embraced us is as classy as it gets and a model on how we, at SU, should well remember as we grow with new members.

You are all invited to the housewarming party SU. Bring a covered dish. Drinks will be provided.

It all comes down to one thing anyway.........
:brownssuck :ratsuck :bungalssuck

GO STEELERS!

stlrz d
05-30-2010, 08:37 AM
Dude bombed every single forum we have regardless of its function or the last time there was even a post in it.

Bad form IMO.

Yeah, that's the only thing I take exception to.

http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/sho ... =1#post430 (http://www.steeluniverse.net/forums/showthread.php?6-I-m-here-!!!&p=430&viewfull=1#post430)

stlrz d
05-30-2010, 09:05 AM
I should also add that there are some very cool people that came over here and I hope a good many of you stay, if not all of you. Yinz really livened up the place and mixed in quite well. I mean that in all sincerity. :)

But the OP...18 posts and 12 of them were to spam our forum to get the message out about SU.

:nono

Steelgal
05-30-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm happy to hear some of you will be sticking around. It's been a much livelier (sp??) place with you here. Either way, thanks for the action-filled few days and hope to see more of it down the road!!!

calmkiller
05-30-2010, 01:39 PM
I agree and understand that losing your posting home is rough. I only pointed out that I personally felt a little put off by the post saying another forum was available. The main reason I was put off is because of the quality of the posts that the new faces had brought to the board in such a short time. I hate to see good people go. I was not complaining about you all trying to stay together. Just that manner in which it was executed here. That is all.

It was just my personal feeling and shouldn't be reflective of the other members here. Good people they are, and I like to think I am as well. Just speaking my mind. Thanks for posting here. It has been much enjoyed.

Godfather
05-30-2010, 01:54 PM
I plan on sticking around here. In fact I made room for Planet Steelers on my Opera Speed Dial (dumped Careerbuilder since it's all work from home scams anyway).

Wallace108
05-30-2010, 02:40 PM
I agree and understand that losing your posting home is rough. I only pointed out that I personally felt a little put off by the post saying another forum was available. The main reason I was put off is because of the quality of the posts that the new faces had brought to the board in such a short time. I hate to see good people go. I was not complaining about you all trying to stay together. Just that manner in which it was executed here. That is all.

It was just my personal feeling and shouldn't be reflective of the other members here. Good people they are, and I like to think I am as well. Just speaking my mind. Thanks for posting here. It has been much enjoyed.
calmkiller, as you can see, many of us are sticking around. Here's to many more friendships, conversations and hopefully spirited debates. :Cheers

siss
05-30-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm staying...even though I'm like the only girl here!
You guys have been cool...I'm not going anywhere!

MACH1
05-30-2010, 05:50 PM
I'll stick around. Lots of great new people here. And I'll try not to spam the place up. :lol:

Preacher
05-30-2010, 08:42 PM
The right thing to say......

With that said, the new site has been create. Please contact Preacher for the URL.

There we go! And thank you to Psychoward for deleting all the posts and threads. I PM'd him when he first saw it. From his message back to me, he already came back and took care of it. Thanks PW!!