PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Heart attack

Polamalubeast
05-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Firstly let me say that I am a new member to this forum!

My first language is french, so it may happen that sometimes my English is bad, but I do my best!

To return to the topic, what was your games with the steelers more stressful since you listen to the football?

My top 5

1.Steelers vs colts 2005(playoffs)
2.steelers v cardinals 2008(super bowl)
3.seahawks vs steelers 2005(super bowl)
4.Jets vs steelers 2004(playoffs)
5.Ravens vs steelers 2008(playoffs)

ramblinjim
05-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Good idea:

1.) Steelers Vs. Cardinals (2008 SB)
2.) Steelers Vs. Colts (2005 Playoff's) - We nearly lost a coffee table, my poor wife thought I was posessed.
3.) Steelers Vs. Rams (1979 SB, I was young and just couldn't believe my Steelers were behind at the half)
4.) Steelers Vs. Browns (The last time they met in the playoffs, the game where Tommy Maddox had like 400 yards passing)
5.) Steelers Vs. Kansas City (1994 playoffs) A blocked punt and some Joe Montana magic on 4th and goal from the 9.... Argh!

Honorable mention
Steelers Vs. Cowboys (1995 SB) I nearly burned Neil O'Donnel in effigy after that game.

papillon
05-28-2010, 03:52 PM
Firstly let me say that I am a new member to this forum!

My first language is french, so it may happen that sometimes my English is bad, but I do my best!

To return to the topic, what was your games with the steelers more stressful since you listen to the football?

My top 5

1.Steelers vs colts 2005(playoffs)
2.steelers v cardinals 2008(super bowl)
3.seahawks vs steelers 2005(super bowl)
4.Jets vs steelers 2004(playoffs)
5.Ravens vs steelers 2008(playoffs)

Shouldn't your username be: Polamalubete? or BetePolamalu?

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
05-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Crise Cardiaque!

Regular Season: Good Outcome

Steelers vs. Cowboys 12-7-08 (Deshea INT return for TD following Dallas timeout...and Renegade making the crowd go nuts)

Regular Season: Bad Outcome

Steelers vs. Texans 12-9-02 (We had 442 total yards vs. 47 total yards for them, but we lost 24-6 because of 3 defensive TD's)

Playoffs: Good Outcome

Steelers vs. Colts 1-15-06 (Immaculate Tackle, Drunken Idiot Kicker boots it wiiiiiiiide right)

Playoffs: Bad Outcome

Steelers vs. Chargers 1-15-95 (Alfred Pupunu wide open, Tony Martin outjumps Tim McKyer, Dennis Gibson bats down pass intended for Barry Foster...3 more yards)

Super Bowl: Good Outcome

Steelers vs. Cardinals 2-1-09 (Harrison INT return for a TD at the end of the first half, Santonio's two feet in for a TD at the end of the second half)

Super Bowl: Bad Outcome

Steelers vs. Cowboys 1-28-96 (Neil O'Donnell to Larry Brown. Twice. Enough said.)

aggiebones
05-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Skinny 13 is that you?

flippy
05-28-2010, 04:07 PM
All the games that come to mind right away for me have been mentioned.

Although I have to admit my biggest cardiac moments come during Pens playoff games. I feel like I'm on the verge of dying during the final minute of almost every single hockey game because of the frentic pace of the final seconds of games. That feeling builds during the last period for me, getting worse and worse until we're up 2, down 3, or score an empty net goal.

Polamalubeast
05-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Skinny 13 is that you?

No, I always had the same nickname

Prok
05-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Eh,for me ya can just pick ANY random 5 games out of the last 2 seasons. That about sums up my heart attack spells as a Steelers fan.

:!:

Doogie36
05-29-2010, 01:50 AM
How about the 1995 AFC Championship game and our last scoring drive where we went for it on 4th down and ended up scoring that much needed TD to go ahead late in the game.....Only to have Jim Harbaugh Captain Comeback throw up that pass that seemed to be juggled in the air for like 10 minutes..........ONLY TO THEN FIND OUT IT WAS INCOMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about a HEART ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!

rpmpit
05-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Crise Cardiaque!

Steelers vs. Texans 12-9-02 (We had 442 total yards vs. 47 total yards for them, but we lost 24-6 because of 3 defensive TD's)

Except for XXX, this game makes me the most sick to think about.

SteelAbility
06-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Good idea:

1.) Steelers Vs. Cardinals (2008 SB)
2.) Steelers Vs. Colts (2005 Playoff's) - We nearly lost a coffee table, my poor wife thought I was posessed.
3.) Steelers Vs. Rams (1979 SB, I was young and just couldn't believe my Steelers were behind at the half)
4.) Steelers Vs. Browns (The last time they met in the playoffs, the game where Tommy Maddox had like 400 yards passing)
5.) Steelers Vs. Kansas City (1994 playoffs) A blocked punt and some Joe Montana magic on 4th and goal from the 9.... Argh!

Honorable mention
Steelers Vs. Cowboys (1995 SB) I nearly burned Neil O'Donnel in effigy after that game.

That was absolutely the biggest Steeler heart attack EVER. Thank goodness for pizza, ice-cream, and shoestrings. :tt2 :wink:

Other candidates ...

- Duh-wayne Washington whiffs on an out route tackle and a Titans receiver blows down the sidelines inside the 10 in the 03 season playoffs. Washington, then, trying to make up for his mistake compounds the problem with a roughing the kicker penalty on a MISSED FG FROM INSIDE THE 10. :roll:

- Steelers vs. Colts in the 95 season AFCCG. A Harbaugh pass to the EZ at the buzzer is broken up and falls to the ground.

SteelAbility
06-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Crise Cardiaque!

Except for XXX, this game makes me the most sick to think about.

To make matters worse, if we had won that game, we would have had the #1 seed throughout the playoffs. See my other post about Duh-Wayne Washington's boo-boos in the Titans game in that seasons playoffs.

SteelAbility
06-01-2010, 11:05 AM
How about the 1995 AFC Championship game and our last scoring drive where we went for it on 4th down and ended up scoring that much needed TD to go ahead late in the game.....Only to have Jim Harbaugh Captain Comeback throw up that pass that seemed to be juggled in the air for like 10 minutes..........ONLY TO THEN FIND OUT IT WAS INCOMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about a HEART ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!

There was also a heart attack on the Colts 2nd to last drive in that game. A Colts running back seemingly had acres of space in front of him on 3rd and 2 only to have Willie Williams make a great one on one tackle for a sub-1 yard gain. According to post game interviews, Willie actually missed his defensive assignment according the defensive play called.

SteelAbility
06-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Immaculate reception anyone?

SteelAbility
06-01-2010, 11:07 AM
SB 14: Rams are down (I think by 4 or 5) and driving inside PIT territory in the 4th Q with (I think) about 4-5 minutes on the clock. Ferragamo throws an INT. A play or two later, it's Bradshaw to Stallworth. Heart attack averted. :tt2

SteelAbility
06-01-2010, 11:12 AM
07 Season playoffs versus the Jaguars. David Garrard runs down inside the 15 on 4th and 2 from about the 40 or so. About 4 holds on that play. No call. Given the situation, it would have been better to just let him go into the EZ.

ramblinjim
06-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Last years game with the Packers, Wallace catching the pass in the end zone as time expired was pretty cool!

How about the Chargers game in the playoffs whe Tim McKeyer (sp?) whiffed on the ball and Stan Humphries turned it into about a 60 yard touch down pass? Then the Chargers broke up the O'donnel pass in the end zone on 4th down? Ack!

Then there was the 80's.....or perhaps those teams were just heart breaking.

JTP53609
06-01-2010, 12:05 PM
nice post.

the 1997 season was similar to the 2008 season, there were many last minute wins in what was a fun filled season..the overtime win against jax with bettis scoring on the long run was really nice along with the patriot overtime win at foxboro and the win against denver also was nice, but if I had to pick 2 regular season heart attack games I would have to say
1. 2008, steelers vs cowboys and 2008 steelers at baltiwhore, both were great wins that propeled us to the historic finish..
-the 2 obvious colt playoff games were great, and like I read up top, that 93 wild card heart breaker was hard to to take at K.C., if we win that who knows, kc made it to the afc championship that year.

RuthlessBurgher
06-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Immaculate reception anyone?

Certainly a good candidate (gives me chills every time I see a replay), but since my heart did not beat for the first time until 3 years after this game was played, I cannot select it as a potential heart attack, personally.

SteelAbility
06-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Steelers vs. Browns in 07 (at PIT). Special Teams was cardiac arrest central. Come to think of it, STs was cardiac arrest central in 09 too. :cry:

SteelAbility
06-01-2010, 05:00 PM
How 'bout any deep pass with Ty Carter at safety? :P

SteelAbility
06-01-2010, 05:01 PM
01 AFCCG blocked FG (by NE) and returned for a TD. 10 point swing in one play. That was game right there.

msp26505
06-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Skinny 13 is that you?

If it was, I'm guessing that Penglose would have picked a fight with him immediately after his first post.

JTP53609
06-02-2010, 12:39 PM
remember the 2000 season when the nfl apologized for 3 of our losses and told us the made a mistake...we were 9-7 and should of been 12-4...I remember the eagle game that year, we were at home and up by 10 with under 2 minutes to go, the eagles get a touchdown then they do an onside that we recovered, but it was a penalty on the eagles and the refs had them redo it, even though they should of just added yards to our recovery, well anyway, the eagles re kicked and recovered, kicked a field goal and then won in OT...i was realy pissed after that one..

flippy
06-02-2010, 02:18 PM
A couple more games:

1. Last year's game against GB. A blow out. A dissapointment. And an OMG wrapped in a heart attack.

2. The recent playoff loss to Jax and the regular season loss a few weeks earlier in the regular season. We shoulda won both.

3. Last years Raiders game - specifically the 4th quarter. That was almost like Ben's 5 INT game against the Raiders after his moto accident.

4. The game we lost to Atl in OT and Mike Vick had a career game against us.

The more I think about this, the more I realize, I have heart attacks every week. And if I don't, it's cause it's a boring blowout.

SteelAbility
06-02-2010, 04:24 PM
A couple more games:

1. Last year's game against GB. A blow out. A dissapointment. And an OMG wrapped in a heart attack.

2. The recent playoff loss to Jax and the regular season loss a few weeks earlier in the regular season. We shoulda won both.

3. Last years Raiders game - specifically the 4th quarter. That was almost like Ben's 5 INT game against the Raiders after his moto accident.

The more I think about this, the more I realize, I have heart attacks every week. And if I don't, it's cause it's a boring blowout.

I remember that. With under 10 secs on the clock in the 4thQ we had a snap lined up to spike the ball and stop the clock for a long FG. Then some idiot named Nate Washington :roll: had a motion penalty of all !%!@%!#$@#$-ing things ... when he KNOWS it's a snap-the-ball-and-spike-it situation. :HeadBanger :HeadBanger I'm still fuming about that boneheaded move. :evil: :P

flippy
06-02-2010, 04:27 PM
A couple more games:

I remember that. With under 10 secs on the clock in the 4thQ we had a snap lined up to spike the ball and stop the clock for a long FG. Then some idiot named Nate Washington :roll: had a motion penalty of all !%!@%!#$@#$-ing things ... when he KNOWS it's a snap-the-ball-and-spike-it situation. :HeadBanger :HeadBanger I'm still fuming about that boneheaded move. :evil: :P

I didn't remember who it was, but that's a play that just stuck in my craw.

RuthlessBurgher
06-02-2010, 04:34 PM
A couple more games:

There was another game against Atlanta 4 years earlier than that in which Maddox passed for 473 yards and 4 TD's, but we ended up with a 34-34 tie in a game against Vick's Falcons.

SteelAbility
06-02-2010, 04:58 PM
You know, I didn't see SB10, but apparently Dallas had a hail mary to the EZ at the very end that would have won it. Must been a heart attack at the time.

SteelAbility
06-02-2010, 05:00 PM
A couple more games:

There was another game against Atlanta 4 years earlier than that in which Maddox passed for 473 yards and 4 TD's, but we ended up with a 34-34 tie in a game against Vick's Falcons.

I remember that one too. Plax caught a Hail Mary on the final play of OT only to be tackled inside the 2(?) yard line. The other thing I remember about that game is that if we had won, we would have had the #1 seed. Instead we actually got the 4 seed ... I THINK.

EDIT:
Ok, I had it wrong. We entered the playoffs as the 3 seed. We would have the 3 seed anyway if we had beat the Falcons. If we had beat the Texans (in that game where we outgained them 450 some yards to 47) we would have been 11-4-1 and had the 1 seed. Grrrrrr!

JTP53609
06-03-2010, 07:32 AM
A couple more games:

I remember that one too. Plax caught a Hail Mary on the final play of OT only to be tackled inside the 2(?) yard line. The other thing I remember about that game is that if we had won, we would have had the #1 seed. Instead we actually got the 4 seed ... I THINK.

EDIT:
Ok, I had it wrong. We entered the playoffs as the 3 seed. We would have the 3 seed anyway if we had beat the Falcons. If we had beat the Texans (in that game where we outgained them 450 some yards to 47) we would have been 11-4-1 and had the 1 seed. Grrrrrr!

that 2002 season was a weird year, we did not play to our standards but we were 10-5-1 anyway, had we actually beaten the teams we should have beaten we would have had a real nice record, but that does not mean anything look at our 13-3 2001 season....

Ghost
06-03-2010, 10:26 AM
The ridiculous overturn of the Polamalu interception (which the NFL apologized for getting incorrect), that would have effectively ended the game against the Colts instead of the fumble - tackle scenario we all went through, might be the most angry I've ever been at a game.

I was traveling that weekend and not at my normal Steelers bar. I'd found a Sports bar to watch it. A few Steeler fans, no Colts fans. When the ref (Morelli...errrr....) came back on after the review; I let out a string of obsceneties I didn't even know I was capable of saying. And I wasn't quiet about it (funny how a lot of beer makes one louder). Basically had to beg the bar manager not to throw me out of the bar.

flippy
06-03-2010, 10:35 AM
The ridiculous overturn of the Polamalu interception (which the NFL apologized for getting incorrect), that would have effectively ended the game against the Colts instead of the fumble - tackle scenario we all went through, might be the most angry I've ever been at a game.

I was traveling that weekend and not at my normal Steelers bar. I'd found a Sports bar to watch it. A few Steeler fans, no Colts fans. When the ref (Morelli...errrr....) came back on after the review; I let out a string of obsceneties I didn't even know I was capable of saying. And I wasn't quiet about it (funny how a lot of beer makes one louder). Basically had to beg the bar manager not to throw me out of the bar.

Did he kick you out when Bettis fumbled?

Ghost
06-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Hard to curse when you are hyperventalating...

Prok
06-03-2010, 11:12 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

SteelAbility
06-03-2010, 05:24 PM
I had an indirect "Steeler Heart Attack," believe it or not in a non-Steeler game.

'06 AFCCG, Patriots at the Colts. If the Patriots win, they are almost undoubtedly going to go on to beat the Rex Grossman cursed Bears in the Super Bowl. It will be Brady's 4th title in 6 years (tieing Bradshaw and the 70's Steelers) and Patriot* Nation is on the verge of becoming even more unbearable than they already are ...

Colts are driving with under 2 minutes to go and down 34-31. Manning hits Reggie Wayne for a 1st down inside the Patriots' 20 (I think). Wayne, as he's being tackled by 2 or 3 defenders, fights for the extra 1/2 yard instead of just going down :roll: and fumbles the ball straight up in the air. HEART ATTACK!! If the Pats get that ball it's game over. Luckily, the Pat defenders weren't heads up and weren't able to manhandle Wayne enough that he can't get the ball back as it comes back down. WHEW!!! The Steelers' "4 in 6 years" avoids almost certain jeapordy. The Colts go on to win and all is (almost) as it should be.

:tt2