PDA

View Full Version : Now that Steeler Fever is back up for free...

SteelCrazy
05-28-2010, 12:52 PM
...I hope all that made the switch here will think about staying and having two homes. I think everyone here enjoyed the rush of fans from SF esp. since this is the off season and a little boring.

Here's hoping you decide to stay for the long haul my Steeler brothers from another mother, or two...... :Cheers

siss
05-28-2010, 12:55 PM
...I hope all that made the switch here will think about staying and having two homes. I think everyone here enjoyed the rush of fans from SF esp. since this is the off season and a little boring.

Here's hoping you decide to stay for the long haul my Steeler brothers from another mother, or two...... :Cheers
I'm kinda mad at SF right now. So I will stay for a bit.

BlastFurnace
05-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Thank you. All that new owner is doing over there is Damage Control. I'm glad I found this site. I'm definitely sticking around. :Cheers

Prok
05-28-2010, 12:57 PM
This thread is the perfect example of why i'll be staying here. I gotta say i'm verrrrrrrry impressed with how well you guys welcomed us. I could care less about post counts and such.

I'll have 3 homes if HTG still opens her site.

But i thank yin'z for welcoming us here and definately will stay.

:tt2

Steelers>NFL
05-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Thank you. All that new owner is doing over there is Damage Control. I'm glad I found this site. I'm definitely sticking around. :Cheers

Same here. I am staying. Thank you PS!

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 01:04 PM
I agree 100% with what Prok said. Thank you Planet Steelers for your hospitality. I'm staying!

GutterflowerSteel
05-28-2010, 01:14 PM
I didn't even bother going to SF today - had no idea it was back up til I saw this thread. But I like it here - friendly people - so I'll toggle back and forth. Thanks for welcoming us :D

Dino 6 Rings
05-28-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm here for the long haul. I'll eventually get myself banned over there, just waiting for the right moment of inspiration to allow my "rage" out of its little box.

well actually, its a big box...ok ok, I keep my rage in a 30 foot by 60 foot storage unit inside a 30,000 square foot warehouse. Fine, its true. I have rage issues. Geesh, lay off a guy...oh wait...I'm talking to myself again in chat...

You guys at the Planet are in for a ride, that's for sure :lol:

SteelerEmpire
05-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Consider me a new citizen of the 'Planet Steelers' as well ...

Nadroj 20
05-28-2010, 01:38 PM
I dont think im going back to steelersfever....the moderators that we all like really well do not seem interested in running the site anymore because of this problem and I'm not interested in sticking around to see how much more the new owner can screw up.

Prok
05-28-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm here for the long haul. I'll eventually get myself banned over there, just waiting for the right moment of inspiration to allow my "rage" out of its little box.

well actually, its a big box...ok ok, I keep my rage in a 30 foot by 60 foot storage unit inside a 30,000 square foot warehouse. Fine, its true. I have rage issues. Geesh, lay off a guy...oh wait...I'm talking to myself again in chat...

You guys at the Planet are in for a ride, that's for sure :lol:

LOL

Dino's a keeper.
:Cheers

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 01:49 PM
I dont think im going back to steelersfever....the moderators that we all like really well do not seem interested in running the site anymore because of this problem and I'm not interested in sticking around to see how much more the new owner can screw up.

Well said. I'll probably stick around there for a while to see what happens. It's like a car wreck. You know you shouldn't look, but ...

silver & black
05-28-2010, 01:51 PM
This place seems pretty cool. I'm definitely not a Steelers fan, but I'll look around here from time to time.m :mrgreen:

costanza2k1
05-28-2010, 01:51 PM
I 2nd what SCrazy says...we love all the new blood...stick around, this year should be an interesting one (slight understatement)

Mendy34
05-28-2010, 02:01 PM
I don't think I'm going back to SF anytime soon. I will have Planet Steelers as my one stop place for all my Steeler information.

SteelCrazy
05-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Glad to know you guys like it here and are willing to stay and test the waters to make sure it's for you....Bottom line is we're all fans of the Steelers, excluding a few Bungal fans, and this is your home if you want it to be just as it is mine and everyone else here so long as the owner will have us.........

I've been here since the Trib board went down and couldn't be happier with everyone here, including the mods :Blah :Blah ..........

I gotta stop now, I'm getting all misty.... :cry:

klick81
05-28-2010, 02:05 PM
So I just made the move today...hope to find a new home here!

RuthlessBurgher
05-28-2010, 02:06 PM
So I just made the move today...hope to find a new home here!

klick wants to join the clique!

Prok
05-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Damn, SF has the feel of an old ghost town now. LOL

calmkiller
05-28-2010, 02:13 PM
Yea I moved over here before the Trib board went down. So much better here, with all the same old faces. Hope you all enjoy it as much as we do.

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 02:15 PM

Someone back at Fever (I can't remember who) said it best ... it wasn't Fever that was special, it was the members and mods that were special. Take away the presents (us), and all the new owner is left with is an empty box.

Prok
05-28-2010, 02:19 PM

Someone back at Fever (I can't remember who) said it best ... it wasn't Fever that was special, it was the members and mods that were special. Take away the presents (us), and all the new owner is left with is an empty box.

True dat. The way I see it is a new opportunity to make more Steelers fan friends. And this place doesn't have that "clique" feel to it. Lovin' it here so far buddy. now we need more STEELERS news !!

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Yea I moved over here before the Trib board went down. So much better here, with all the same old faces. Hope you all enjoy it as much as we do.

I'm enjoying it already!!
Before I joined Fever, I was a member of a forum where the members were vicious and it wasn't much fun. I'm not talking about playful banter ... every thread turned into a flame war. Then I found Fever and fell in love with it immediately. I wasn't a member at Fever for very long, but I felt like I had been there for years. After last night, I thought that was all over ... and then I found Planet Steelers ...

SteelBucks
05-28-2010, 02:25 PM

Where in Youngstown are you from Wallace? I grew up in Hubbard, went to Ursuline. I haven't been back for awhile....after graduating from OSU, I moved to Philly.

Nice to see another Penguin on board!

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 02:28 PM

Where in Youngstown are you from Wallace? I grew up in Hubbard, went to Ursuline. I haven't been back for awhile....after graduating from OSU, I moved to Philly.

HUBBARD you say? It really is a small world! :Clap

SteelBucks
05-28-2010, 02:35 PM

There are several posters from the Y-town area that post here. They'll come crawling out of the wood work once the season starts!

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 02:40 PM
There are several posters from the Y-town area that post here. They'll come crawling out of the wood work once the season starts!

I saw someone here made a thread about Billy's Black and Gold ... If you can't be at Heinz, that's the place to be ...

RuthlessBurgher
05-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Now that Steeler Fever is back up for free...I think I'm going to move over there now.

Kinda like Douchette changing his vote to Brian Cushing when everyone else was going the other way. :P

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 03:01 PM
Now that Steeler Fever is back up for free...I think I'm going to move over there now.

It's only free for existing members. New members have to pay. :lol:

EDIT: Actually, that really isn't all that funny. :(

ramblinjim
05-28-2010, 03:03 PM
It's fun having all the new blood, hope you all stick around. Of course if we could all make some Steelers news or something that would be cool too.

Polamalubeast
05-28-2010, 03:12 PM
I'll probably stay here, too. :tt2

It's just that it will take me some time to know everyone here but I'll get used! :wink:

papillon
05-28-2010, 03:14 PM

True dat. The way I see it is a new opportunity to make more Steelers fan friends. And this place doesn't have that "clique" feel to it. Lovin' it here so far buddy. now we need more STEELERS news !!

Give it time the clique beetles will be out in full force. :P

Pappy

Preacher
05-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Hey,

You all here welcomed us with open arms, threw in a little love, a little sarcasm, and a good sense of humor.

It reminded me of what SF was when I first joined it. This has become a home to me. I'll go to both boards once HTG has hers up and running. But I LIKE the dynamic here.

smokin3000gt
05-28-2010, 03:45 PM
I was/am impressed with the quality of people over here. Happy to be a member! :Cheers

Jigawatts
05-28-2010, 04:29 PM

Oh no, Hubbardites are the worst. :twisted:

And yes, Billys is the best place to experience a game if you're not at Heinz, but just
so you know, I can get KDKA in perfect HD in Vienna with an inexpensive antenna setup.
If you ever want to know how, just PM me. I'm always happy to help out a fellow
Steelers fan, especially when WKBN screws us over.

WindyCitySteelerFan
05-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Agreed. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Was a unwelcome start to my day, after years of posting over at SF, to find my account limited to nothing.. I like this background too, easy on the eyes :P :Agree

Prok
05-28-2010, 05:19 PM

Pappy

Oh crap. So i should expect a poster with 30,000 or so posts to show up and treat me like i don't exist anytime now ? LOL

ALLD
05-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Going back to "Fever" would be the same as expecting Limas Sweed to catch 20 TDs next season.

stillers4me
05-28-2010, 06:55 PM

I saw someone here made a thread about Billy's Black and Gold ... If you can't be at Heinz, that's the place to be ...

I know exactly where that's at! I grew up in Mercer.

I'll be sticking around here, too. I don't know what's going to happen at ST. I felt so at home there. The guys never made us ladies feel unwelcome and and treated us like "one of the guys". :wink: The SF gang educated me, entertained me (sometimes with tears running down my face from laughing so hard) and occasionally "schooled" me when I needed it. I'll be checking out HTG's new site as soon as it gets up and running and probably cruise back and forth between here and there.

This place has a nice feel to it. Change can be good. :tt2

fordfixer
05-29-2010, 12:24 AM
I 2nd what SCrazy says...we love all the new blood...stick around, this year should be an interesting one (slight understatement)
:Agree

RuthlessBurgher
05-29-2010, 12:32 AM

Pappy

Oh crap. So i should expect a poster with 30,000 or so posts to show up and treat me like i don't exist anytime now ? LOL

If I treat you like crap three times, will that count, you worthless little n00b punk, you? :P

focosteeler
05-29-2010, 01:07 AM
I dont know how many will be allowed back after dumby Matthew starts looking at what they have been putting up ahaha...im staying for sure i already feel at home

Wallace108
05-29-2010, 01:13 AM
I dont know how many will be allowed back after dumby Matthew starts looking at what they have been putting up ahaha...im staying for sure i already feel at home

Dummy Matthew? That's probably the nicest thing I've heard anyone say about him. :lol:

focosteeler
05-29-2010, 02:15 AM

Dummy Matthew? That's probably the nicest thing I've heard anyone say about him. :lol:

trying to keep it clean :D if they find out what im really like they might kick me out :twisted:

Wallace108
05-29-2010, 02:25 AM

trying to keep it clean :D if they find out what im really like they might kick me out :twisted:

:lol:
Or start charging you.

ricardisimo
05-29-2010, 03:19 AM
Here to stay... although the current state of entropy at what remains of SteelersFever is positively mesmerizing. I'm openly lobbying for some doctoral student in anthropology to do his/her dissertation on the form the release is taking over there right now. Preacher and steelreserve alone would fill several hundred pages.

RuthlessBurgher
05-29-2010, 10:53 AM

I'll be sticking around here, too. I don't know what's going to happen at ST. I felt so at home there. The guys never made us ladies feel unwelcome and and treated us like "one of the guys". :wink: The SF gang educated me, entertained me (sometimes with tears running down my face from laughing so hard) and occasionally "schooled" me when I needed it. I'll be checking out HTG's new site as soon as it gets up and running and probably cruise back and forth between here and there.

Mercer, eh? After a lot of Steeler games, my Dad and I like to stop for a bite to eat at Rachel's Roadhouse on our way home. I don't think we've ever had a bad meal there. In fact, just thinking about it is making me hungry for their homemade chips, or a basket or pretzels.

Autzenoise
05-29-2010, 11:19 AM
I was more of a lurker at SF, but after watching those guys over there for a couple years, I am also following them over here. Heck, I may even speak up every so often to make a fool of myself.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

stillers4me
05-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Heck, I may even speak up every so often to make a fool of myself.

Join the party. :tt2

Prok
05-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Sweet. My first shot in the ribs from Ruthlessburgher. I consider it right of passage. Hopefully I am the first of the newb influx to recieve this badge of honor ?
:tt1

stillers4me
05-29-2010, 12:51 PM

Mercer, eh? After a lot of Steeler games, my Dad and I like to stop for a bite to eat at Rachel's Roadhouse on our way home. I don't think we've ever had a bad meal there. In fact, just thinking about it is making me hungry for their homemade chips, or a basket or pretzels.

The Iron Bridge is really good, too. It's just north of Rachels on 19.

Shawn
05-29-2010, 01:27 PM
So far I have seen nothing but terrific contribution by our new friends. I know you can strengthen an already great community. Welcome and I hope you guys stay.

ALLD
05-29-2010, 01:39 PM
Back in the olds days we used to call that business b.s. "bootleg" meaning garbage.

ALLD
05-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Then that moron must have believed in a pyramid scheme because he could pump the revenue and then flip the business up the ladder. Almost like a time-share, a notoriously poor investment.

Prok
05-29-2010, 01:44 PM
So far I have seen nothing but terrific contribution by our new friends. I know you can strengthen an already great community. Welcome and I hope you guys stay.

Thanks. I think most of us will stay. The 2 mods over there are opening a new MB that we will frequent as well. But i'm happy here. Far as i'm concerned i found a new home. I'll make room for both places.

I also like twitter for some odd reason. lol

RuthlessBurgher
05-29-2010, 02:13 PM

The Iron Bridge is really good, too. It's just north of Rachels on 19.

We haven't tried the Iron Bridge Inn or the Springfield Grille yet, but I know that they are both owned by the same folks who own Rachel's, so they must be good. They just appear to be a bit more upscale, and we only ever come through there after games when we are wearing jerseys and the like, so we just got comfortable with the atmosphere at Rachel's. We even stopped there once on our drive to Detroit for SBXL, and again on the way back too.

:tt2 :Steel :tt1

its4cooch
05-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Definately sticking around, I was more of a chat room troll over at SF, but looking forward to being alot more active over here. :tt2

ALLD
05-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Here to stay... although the current state of entropy at what remains of SteelersFever is positively mesmerizing. I'm openly lobbying for some doctoral student in anthropology to do his/her dissertation on the form the release is taking over there right now. Preacher and steelreserve alone would fill several hundred pages.

The new owner was gambling and he didn't even know it. It was run into the ground in record time and now there is nothing left even for the cockaroaches.

Prok
05-29-2010, 03:07 PM

The new owner was gambling and he didn't even know it. It was run into the ground in record time and now there is nothing left even for the cockaroaches.

Love the coakaroaches reference. I think i'm gonna try to hit 1,000 posts then split the scene. I started a thread for PlanetSteelers there. lol