PDA

View Full Version : Explain your board name

Pages : [1] 2

AngryAsian
05-28-2010, 11:38 AM
So it seems this subject seems to be coming up a lot in various threads.... inquiries by the veterans as well as the noobs (noobs to the site and surely not to the Black and Gold Nation). Nice break topic during this offseason....

so fess up. Inquire or expound. This is the thread to do it. My board name derivation? I'm the most jovial Scandinavian in Steeler fandom. :P

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Since this is now its own thread:

My name has a double meaning. The Mike Wallace reference is obvious. :lol: For you Lost fans, combining the name Wallace with 108 should make perfect sense. For the non-Lost fans, it would take me six years and a few thousand posts to explain the reference. :wink:
So it was a tribute to two of my loves ... the Steelers and Lost.

D Rock
05-28-2010, 11:45 AM
I was in high school when Derek Zoolander became a star. In that movie, he is called D Rock by Owen Wilson's character.

My friends took that as a cue to refer to me as D Rock. Taa-daa!

SteelCrazy
05-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Well, my name comes from my wife who once said I was Steeler Crazy. I am so intense on game days and during the game no one likes to watch the game with me in my house and I prefer to be alone. When something goes wrong I get really upset and act like a five year old child. When something goes right I act like a contestant getting picked to play "The Price Is Right"..........

I've tried to calm myself for others sake but I cant for long.....When I was a kid I used to cry in anger when the Steelers lost so I guess I'm not going to change, therefore, I am SteelCrazy.

SteelAbility
05-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Play on words for me.

flippy
05-28-2010, 11:51 AM
My username is like Lost - it's up to you to decide.

My most recent explanation:

I'm paying homage to my fast food working bretheren and my hometown of Pittsburgh. My name started out as flippingburghers (note the h in burgers which gives my shout out to Pittsburgh). Also I figured no one else would use the Ronald McDonald avitar (misspelled for MJG) and I'm always clowning around. But since it was a lot to type flippingburghers, it got shortened to flippy. Someone else called me flippy and it just stuck.

Although I like some of Jigga's theories - gymnast, angry motorist, house flipper...

My wife would probably say it's cause I constantly change my mind.

I can also switch hit.

I like flap jacks.

I prefer sandals.

I'm known for my temper and constantly flipping out.

And I'm often found swaggin.

Northern_Blitz
05-28-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm from Canada (and they think I'm slow, eh.)

siss
05-28-2010, 11:57 AM
My brother calls me siss, hence the name siss.

Nadroj 20
05-28-2010, 12:12 PM
Nadroj is Jordan backwards which is my first name.

The 20 represents my favorite number.

flippy
05-28-2010, 12:14 PM

So you're like the Oprah of SF?

Hindes204
05-28-2010, 12:17 PM
my last name....and the last three numbers of my zip code growing up (15204)

Polamalubeast
05-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Polamalu is because I have an incredible player and I am sure he will spend his career in Pittsburgh.

He has another player he would have been very good choice as a ward, but I had to take just one! :wink:

Nadroj 20
05-28-2010, 12:18 PM

What?

Prok
05-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Well, my name comes from my wife who once said I was Steeler Crazy. I am so intense on game days and during the game no one likes to watch the game with me in my house and I prefer to be alone. When something goes wrong I get really upset and act like a five year old child. When something goes right I act like a contestant getting picked to play "The Price Is Right"..........

I've tried to calm myself for others sake but I cant for long.....When I was a kid I used to cry in anger when the Steelers lost so I guess I'm not going to change, therefore, I am SteelCrazy.

LOL

You are not alone my friend.

:Cheers

flippy
05-28-2010, 12:23 PM
[quote="Nadroj 20":syxxwgma]Nadroj is Jordan backwards which is my first name.

What?[/quote:syxxwgma]

She calls her company Harpo which is Oprah backwards. I've never seen anyone else do this. Other than my Dog who used to be God back in the day.

I'm a goofball...don't take anything I say seriously....unless I'm serious of course.

flippy
05-28-2010, 12:25 PM

LOL

I think this applies to all of us.

BTW, you're name is making me hungry for pork and sauerkraut. Heck even a little haluski.

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 12:28 PM
BTW, you're name is making me hungry for pork and sauerkraut. Heck even a little haluski.

Great! Now every time I see Prok I'm going to think of that. :lol:

SteelCrazy
05-28-2010, 12:33 PM
lol.............you guys so crazy...me love long time

calmkiller
05-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Calm Killer is a name I came up with in high school (98). We played Half life on the computers in a teachers aid class. So I thought I needed to come up with a badass name that had to do with killing all my friends. It has two meanings. In the fact that I kill everyone calmly and quietly. Just kill them and went on about my business. It also was a play on words as in I kill Calmness itself. Everyone is just hanging out and peaceful until I show up and it gets crazy.

Prok
05-28-2010, 12:42 PM

LOL

lol

I asked u in another thread if u were at steelreign before. I think i remember you from back in the day.

BTW I plan on posting here alot even though SF is back up too. I like it here.

flippy
05-28-2010, 12:49 PM

LOL

lol

I asked u in another thread if u were at steelreign before. I think i remember you from back in the day.

BTW I plan on posting here alot even though SF is back up too. I like it here.

no, wasnt me, just flippingburghers or flippy. glad you're enjoying.

there's a load of you, but you all seem pretty cool.

devilsdancefloor
05-28-2010, 01:07 PM
it involves a bottle of jamesons and i was listening to flogging molly try to figure out a log name for my 1st steelers site. it seemed everyone had a players name or "steel" in their name and well devils dance floor came on and it stuck.

GutterflowerSteel
05-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Gutterflower is the name of one of my favorite Goo Goo Dolls albums. Apparently John Rzeznik got the name from a Pablo Neruda poem about homeless people.

Nadroj 20
05-28-2010, 01:17 PM
[quote="Nadroj 20":r12g6qur]Nadroj is Jordan backwards which is my first name.

What?

She calls her company Harpo which is Oprah backwards. I've never seen anyone else do this. Other than my Dog who used to be God back in the day.

I'm a goofball...don't take anything I say seriously....unless I'm serious of course.[/quote:r12g6qur]

Lol ohh i get you now....No i got this idea from another forum im on where a guy did the same thing.

I didnt take any offense to anything i just didnt know what you meant :Cheers

Shawn
05-28-2010, 01:26 PM
It's my first name. :D

Ghost
05-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Gutterflower is the name of one of my favorite Goo Goo Dolls albums. Apparently John Rzeznik got the name from a Pable Neruda poem about homeless people.

I saw them at Griffitti in Pgh back in '94 when they were still playing punk/rock. Did a stage dive that night and they let some kid on stage to sing an entire song with them. Superstar Carwash is still great start to finish!

flippy
05-28-2010, 01:46 PM
Gutterflower is the name of one of my favorite Goo Goo Dolls albums. Apparently John Rzeznik got the name from a Pable Neruda poem about homeless people.

I saw them at Griffitti in Pgh back in '94 when they were still playing punk/rock. Did a stage dive that night and they let some kid on stage to sing an entire song with them. Superstar Carwash is still great start to finish!

Those were their best days. Fantastic band live. I think I was there. I saw them at Metropol too. I couldn't remember if I also saw them at the Electric Banana or Graffiitti. I also wasn't sure the exact year.

I do remember a half naked chic stage diving. She went over us and we saw everything. I remember them giving the mike to someone, so I must have been there.

GutterflowerSteel
05-28-2010, 01:49 PM

I agree! SSCW was definitive - even now when they play Cuz You're Gone live, the crowd goes wild. I became a fan back in '95 during the A Boy Named Goo era. Naked is still one of my favorite songs by them. I've met them several times over the years, and they're down to earth, nice guys 8)

flippy
05-28-2010, 01:53 PM

I agree! SSCW was definitive - even now when they play Cuz You're Gone live, the crowd goes wild. I became a fan back in '95 during the A Boy Named Goo era. Naked is still one of my favorite songs by them. I've met them several times over the years, and they're down to earth, nice guys 8)

I think they're nice cause Resnik was homeless and the other guy (can't remember his name) was from a nice family that took in Resnik. Plus they let the other guy sing half their songs even though he can't sing worth a crap.

RuthlessBurgher
05-28-2010, 01:53 PM
RuthlessBurgher sounds like our quarterback's name. And since he is Ruthless on the field, showing other teams no mercy, and is now from Pittsburgh (and hence, a Burgher), it seemed to fit.

costanza2k1
05-28-2010, 02:05 PM

That's the lamest one we have. :lol: You should've tried something like SMG or something.....

My handle is dorky. I love Seinfeld and was a mad fan of 2ksports so costanza2k1 was born.

flippy
05-28-2010, 02:07 PM
RuthlessBurgher sounds like our quarterback's name. And since he is Ruthless on and off the field, showing other teams no mercy, and is now from Pittsburgh (and hence, a Burgher), it seemed to fit.

fixed that for you

RuthlessBurgher
05-28-2010, 02:20 PM
RuthlessBurgher sounds like our quarterback's name. And since he is Ruthless on and off the field, showing other teams no mercy, and is now from Pittsburgh (and hence, a Burgher), it seemed to fit.

fixed that for you

Yeah, but when I came up with the name, he seemed like such a nice boy off the field. Then all of the sudden PFJ got twisted around into DTF.

flippy
05-28-2010, 02:27 PM

fixed that for you

Yeah, but when I came up with the name, he seemed like such a nice boy off the field. Then all of the sudden PFJ got twisted around into DTF.

We'll just call you Nostradamus.

cruzer8
05-28-2010, 02:31 PM
http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/sandisk-cruzer-8gb.jpg

Hey, it was on my desk next to my computer when I was registering for the site.

:oops:

Shawn
05-28-2010, 02:33 PM

That's the lamest one we have. :lol: You should've tried something like SMG or something.....

My handle is dorky. I love Seinfeld and was a mad fan of 2ksports so costanza2k1 was born.

Well, I thought about tSMG but thought that might not be well embraced. :lol:

Shawn
05-28-2010, 02:34 PM

Wow, that might even beat mine for lamest of the lame. :D

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 02:37 PM

LOL ... I should have done that. Then I could have been Budweiser108

flippy
05-28-2010, 02:40 PM

He definitely beat you with that one. :lol

I was expecting something much better from cruzer.

cruzer8
05-28-2010, 02:45 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:Beer

proudpittsburgher
05-28-2010, 02:48 PM
I love the city I am from, and am damned proud to be a northsider. That is all. :lol:

ramblinjim
05-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Sometimes I just like to hear myself talk and one night I was drunk and going on about war history or something and someone started referring to me as "RamblinJim". I thought it was funny so I used it as a sign on to this site and others....

Jigawatts
05-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Here's a little known fact about Jiga: Back to the Future was the first VHS tape that we
ever rented for our fancy new VCR. I absolutely hated it because my mother let my sister
pick. IIRC, I'm pretty sure I wanted Stroker Ace. :lol:

1.21 Jigawatts was my original name on the Trib, but I dropped the 1.21 and kept the Jiga.

calmkiller
05-28-2010, 04:28 PM
Here's a little known fact about Jiga: Back to the Future was the first VHS tape that we
ever rented for our fancy new VCR. I absolutely hated it because my mother let my sister

1.21 Jigawatts was my original name on the Trib, but I dropped the 1.21 and kept the Jiga.

I miss the 1.21. I remember those days.

flippy
05-28-2010, 04:33 PM

I forgot about Stroker Ace. For some reason I was thinking it was the movie Six Pack with:

http://www.celebirony.com/foto/cantantim/Kenny_Rogers/kenny_rogers_grande3.jpg

I think one of those movies was the first :Boobs I ever saw on the big screen.

flippy
05-28-2010, 04:34 PM

I forgot about Stroker Ace. For some reason I was thinking it was the movie Six Pack with:

http://www.celebirony.com/foto/cantantim/Kenny_Rogers/kenny_rogers_grande3.jpg

I think one of those movies was the first :Boobs I ever saw on the big screen.

Oh and I should mention, not Kenny Roger's :Boobs

SteelerNation1
05-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Can anyone guess where I got my "name?" Hint: look down

Chucktownsteeler
05-28-2010, 04:37 PM
I relocated to Charleston, SC in 2002 and I love the Steelers.

Chucktownsteeler

:brownssuck :ratsuck :bungalssuck

Jigawatts
05-28-2010, 04:37 PM

You stole that guys sign? :lol:

flippy
05-28-2010, 04:39 PM

I heard he cornholed him in the parking lot :P

The Man of Steel
05-28-2010, 04:39 PM
I say "yinz" a lot.

Jigawatts
05-28-2010, 04:41 PM

He cornholed me and Shiek out of all our spend'n money last time I saw him. :lol:

SteelerNation1
05-28-2010, 04:41 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Did I ever tell you the AFCCG story when the Steeler part was taken during the pandemonium? Damn near wrecked my day...til I remembered we just beat the Rtas for a third time and were on our way to Tampa. :wink:

SteelerNation1
05-28-2010, 04:42 PM

Ohhhhhh, so that's why they kept doing :moon to me??? :lol:

SteelerNation1
05-28-2010, 04:43 PM

He cornholed me and Shiek out of all our spend'n money last time I saw him. :lol:
:Agree :owned Counting the days til PlanetSteelers Tailgate part deux.

Aussie_steeler
05-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Aussie_steeler

Live in australia.......... go figure

Steeler fan since 1993

Also thought it might help clarify some of my unique aussie sayings

like" Steelers fever now is rooted"

http://www.koalanet.com.au/australian-slang.html

Prok
05-28-2010, 05:23 PM

Damn must be nice dude. I been on that damn season tix list forever. I'm jealuos!

StillSpotz
05-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Not too creative, but....

Still = Stillers
Spotz = Last name

Ozey74
05-28-2010, 05:47 PM
Ozey= An abbreviated version of my long, Polish last name. 74'= My birth year.

Cool thread idea, BTW!

MACH1
05-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Mines fairly self explanatory.

stillers4me
05-28-2010, 06:25 PM
I live in Cinci. No Bungholes4me.

I'm waiting to hear what Tony Hipchest stands for.

Prok
05-28-2010, 06:37 PM

Is he coming here ? I hope so. I love his humor and football knowledge.

EDIT: glad to see u here S4me
:tt1

43Hitman
05-28-2010, 06:37 PM
43Hitman= Troy's my favorite current player. I picked the name after the Cincy game when he picked off Cartoon Palmer and ran it all the way back, then ran over Cartoon for good measure before going in for the TD.

stillers4me
05-28-2010, 06:41 PM

I hope so. I need my daily dose of Hipcheese.

Prok
05-28-2010, 06:52 PM

I hope so. I need my daily dose of Hipcheese.

I hope u can get hold of him. I was thinking he may have went to Steeler nation. I'd think he'd have come here by now.

kindlecatsb'ng
05-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Love cats as much as the Steelers. kindle is a group of kittens; clowder a group of cats. Thought those were great words.

Thought "kindlecatsb'ng" for kindlecatsblack'ngold. (and being a woman, can get away with this sort of name).

going home to the 'Burgh tomorrow for a picnic and some of my mom's home cooking--thinking haluski as well.

Chadman
05-28-2010, 07:25 PM
Chadman's name is....Chad.

And he's a man.

It was a marriage made in heaven.

eniparadoxgma
05-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Mine's self-explanatory. 8)

SteelerNation1
05-28-2010, 09:08 PM

Damn must be nice dude. I been on that damn season tix list forever. I'm jealuos!
The worst part is I have only been an official season ticket holder for 1 year! :shock: Do you know when you went on the list?

papillon
05-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Mine's self-explanatory. 8)

:moon

:tt2 :tt2

Pappy

Prok
05-28-2010, 09:26 PM

The worst part is I have only been an official season ticket holder for 1 year! :shock: Do you know when you went on the list?

Me and my niece won tickets to the '97 AFCCG against the Broncos. Was a lottery system. We both put our names on the list a couple days before the game.

RuthlessBurgher
05-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Chadman's name is....Chad.

And he's a man.

It was a marriage made in heaven.

We've just added an Aussie_steeler and a Steelerchad. I'm worried that you have dissociative identity disorder. The last thing we need is more than one of you around. :P

By the way, did Chadman just refer to himself by using the word "he" :?: :?: :?:

Chadman always speaks in the third person. Chadman sees no use for pronouns. :?

stlrz d
05-28-2010, 09:57 PM

You're famous...just check out who's right near you!

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/ropewalk_2006/mjbaby-1.jpg

I played OLB in HS and SS in college. Always have been a fan of defense. Just so happens my favorite team has had some of the best in the history of the NFL.

stillers4me
05-28-2010, 10:33 PM

He and Preacher are currently in the process of seeing how many infraction points they can rack up while there's no mods. 8)

fordfixer
05-28-2010, 10:41 PM

Let me get this straight you and Shiek payed him to cornhole you? :shock: :shock: :shock:

fordfixer
05-28-2010, 10:47 PM
I was a ford mechanic at a dealership when I joined this board. Now I work for the Wyoming Highway department

RuthlessBurgher
05-28-2010, 10:49 PM
I was a ford mechanic at a dealership when I joined this board. Now I work for the Wyoming Highway department

Shouldn't we call you roadfixer now? :wink:

hawaiiansteel
05-28-2010, 10:50 PM
i had to think long and hard to come up with my name, almost pulled a brain muscle doing so.

i live in Hawaii and LUV the Steelers... :tt2 :lol:

stillers4me
05-28-2010, 10:51 PM
i had to think long and hard to come up with my name, almost pulled a brain muscle doing so.

Whodathunk? :mrgreen:

hawaiiansteel
05-28-2010, 10:56 PM

Whodathunk? :mrgreen:

i like to think outside the box... :Cheers

fordfixer
05-28-2010, 11:07 PM

Ha, no I'm a mechanic for them also. Someone has to keep the snow plows running :lol: :lol:

hawaiiansteel
05-28-2010, 11:12 PM

Ha, no I'm a mechanic for them also. Someone has to keep the snow plows running :lol: :lol:

i hear they're hiring in Vancouver... :lol:

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_dec2005/VancouverSnowPlow.jpg

Preacher
05-28-2010, 11:21 PM

He and Preacher are currently in the process of seeing how many infraction points they can rack up while there's no mods. 8)

Hey, you trying to sully my reputation over here already! :nono

:wink:

Already posted this somewhere else, but my name IS self-explanatory.

tube517
05-28-2010, 11:36 PM
My nickname is TUBE from my fraternity in college...Jason Worilds alma matter...

517 is the time of day i opened my first email account through Yahoo.

MeetJoeGreene
05-28-2010, 11:46 PM
When I first joined my first Steeler's board, the movie Meet Joe Black was out. (Joe Black was death).

I like Joe Greene.

For some reason, at the time, I thought " Hey .. it would be worse to Meet Joe Greene" and it sounds similar to Mean Joe Greene.

So... MeetJoeGreene. There are no spaces due to my programming background.

RuthlessBurgher
05-29-2010, 12:00 AM

Mr. Plow, that's my name...that name again is Mr. Plow.

http://www.thebackstage.org/graphics/simps05.jpg

Prok
05-29-2010, 12:11 AM
This is a really cool thread IMO.

I'll be posting more once i stop reading all of Preacher's spams on the sinking ship known as SteelersFever. LOL

AkronSteel
05-29-2010, 12:22 AM
Mine is pretty self explanatory! I live and grew up in Akron, OH and have been a life long Steelers Fan!!! Although I may be moving to Canton soon so I may have a problem!!!

:D

fordfixer
05-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Mine is pretty self explanatory! I live and grew up in Akron, OH and have been a life long Steelers Fan!!! Although I may be moving to Canton soon so I may have a problem!!!

You live in Ohio, you already have a problem :lol: :lol:

slashsteel
05-29-2010, 12:26 AM
I was a "slash" fan before Kordell became fixated at QB. And the Steel? :Steel I think we can figure that part out. Like Road Warrior Hawk would've said, whatttttttttttarushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh here we go Steelers !

Flasteel
05-29-2010, 12:27 AM
I'm sorry, but the origin of my screen name is a closely-held secret. :tt2

MeetJoeGreene
05-29-2010, 12:32 AM

D@mn you!!!!

AkronSteel
05-29-2010, 12:36 AM

You live in Ohio, you already have a problem :lol: :lol:

:Clap
:moon

fordfixer
05-29-2010, 12:37 AM

D@mn you!!!!
An image for any occasion :lol: :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
05-29-2010, 12:40 AM

When I was preparing the photoshop voting threads, I always had to change yours to jigawatts and ax the 1.21 because it screwed up my numbered lists.

SteelerFanInATL
05-29-2010, 12:43 AM
The name says it all. Originally from Pgh currently living in ATL with a huge following of Steeler Fans from Pittsburgh and The Steeler Nation.

RuthlessBurgher
05-29-2010, 12:47 AM

D@mn you!!!!

Don't test me. You'll lose. :wink:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/MeetJoeGreene.jpg

Preacher
05-29-2010, 01:20 AM

I'll be posting more once i stop reading all of Preacher's spams on the sinking ship known as SteelersFever. LOL

What?

I Never!

Wallace108
05-29-2010, 01:25 AM

What?

I Never!

:lol:

I sure hope Matthew kept his receipt ... he's gonna be wanting a refund.

Starlifter
05-29-2010, 01:55 AM
my signature pic says it all. 3 different conflicts (gulf war 1, bosnia and rwanda) over 50 bullet holes after one mission, and that jet always took me home to my family. now they're all sitting in the desert of tucson rotting in the sun. It makes me sick to my stomach.

focosteeler
05-29-2010, 02:20 AM
well i have nothing cool... Im from Fort Collins, Colorado AND a Steelers fan...focosteeler

Captain Lemming
05-29-2010, 02:23 AM
On the Trib board Crash used to always call me a "Lemming" for what he considered my "blindly" going along with Rooney decisions.

So I went from "MauiSteel on that board to "Captain Lemming" here.

Well now we have the most rings of any team in the league, so I guess the Rooneys DO know more than a bunch of BB yahoos about how to win.

StarSpangledSteeler
05-29-2010, 03:29 AM
3 different conflicts (gulf war 1, bosnia and rwanda) over 50 bullet holes after one mission, and that jet always took me home to my family.

My favorite. Almost gives me chills.

flippy
05-29-2010, 07:12 AM
I was a "slash" fan before Kordell became fixated at QB. And the Steel? :Steel I think we can figure that part out. Like Road Warrior Hawk would've said, whatttttttttttarushhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh here we go Steelers !

I loved the old wrestlers!!!!! We should do a thread, if PlanetSteelers members were professional wrestlers, who would they be?

Maybe fordfixer can be Animal now that he's a road warrior instead of a mechanic.

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/r/roadwarriors/04.jpg

I got George the Animal Steele and I think this is self explanitory:

http://www.therealmccoys.com/images/unsigned/ANIMAL1.JPG

Hawaii can be Ricky Steamboat:

http://www.epwt.com/images/RickySteamboat/Photo%203.jpg

Pappy gets to be Bruno Samartino since he's the oldtimer:

http://www.wrestleprints.com/catalog/images/wrestleprints/BrunoSammartinoCoboDRPose.jpg

Silver and Black can be Dusty Rhodes cause we gotta get him in different colors:

http://www.comecorrect.net/img/DustRhodes.jpg

Ruthless can be the leader of the 4 horsemen which include Jigga, MJG, Wallace, Preacher, Prok, Shawn, Eni, cruzer, and probably a couple others. There were at least 10 different guys or so that made up the 4 horsemen, these guys just couldn't seem to count and the first pic I found had 5 of em.

http://www.lazycoder.com/weblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/o-wwe-four-horsemen.jpg

Starlifter can be Hulk Hogan and we'll chant USA, USA, USA for him:

http://www.enemyofpeanuts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/hulk_hogan_-_terry_bolea_153.jpg

while he puts HeHateMe in his own Cobra Clutch

http://www.bostonwrestling.com/sheik80spromo.jpg

I picture Chadman as a Captain Lou type:

http://users.static.freeblog.hu/g/e/n/genki/files/albano2.jpg

Siss can be the Fabulous moolah:

http://www.csclassicwrphotos.com/MOOLAH_FAB.JPG

SN1 is the most famous and coolest fan I know on PS, so he can be the Honkey Tonk man:

http://media.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/image/honky-tonk-man.jpg

Ovi's probably a Dr Death, Steve Williams type:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb153/universal_wrestling/SteveDr.DeathWilliamsUWFChampion.jpg

Stlr-d can be the world famous Mouth of the South:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x310/The_Ultimate_Wrestling_Gallery/Jimmy%20Hart/JimmyHart020.jpg

And Mach1 sounds like a guy who drives a P Wagon, so he can be Pretty Boy

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/pictures/s/stanlee/01.jpg

Alright, I gotta stop, I'm getting carried away. If I didn't give you an old school wrestler identity and you want one let me know.

Chadman
05-29-2010, 08:29 AM
Chadman thought it was a gee-up when he saw both Aussie_Steeler & Steelerchad had joined up.

Turns out it's just two new punks encroaching on Chadman's territory.. :lol:

But that's ok- Chadman is like Star Wars IV A New Hope- better story, better thought out, more interesting. These others are Empire Strikes Back & Return Of The Jedi- good, but more about explosions, incest & Ewoks than any real substance. :D

Captain Lou, Flip?? Chadwoman says Chadman looks like A-Train. But personally, Chadman has always thought Stone Cold fashioned himself on Chadman.

http://www.icwfwrestling.com/Stone_Cold_Steve_Austin1.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
05-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Chadman thought it was a gee-up when he saw both Aussie_Steeler & Steelerchad had joined up.

But that's ok- Chadman is like Star Wars IV A New Hope- better story, better thought out, more interesting. These others are Empire Strikes Back & Return Of The Jedi- good, but more about explosions, incest & Ewoks than any real substance. :D

Captain Lou, Flip?? Chadwoman says Chadman looks like A-Train. But personally, Chadman has always thought Stone Cold fashioned himself on Chadman.

Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back?"

"Empire."

Blasphemy.

"Empire" had the better ending. Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader is his father, uh, Han gets frozen, taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.

SidSmythe
05-29-2010, 11:25 AM
SID: one of various nicknames
SMYTHE: my last name is Smith and way too common so I once had everyone convinced it was pronounced "Smythe"

SweedsLastChance
05-29-2010, 11:33 AM
First off, I'm obviously new here and this is my first post. I came over from Steelers Fever where I posted under the name "Andy Witmyer". I decided to take this name over my old one because I just felt that it would be more prudent to take on a Steeler's influenced handle over that of my real name. So now, whenever I post stupidly, I won't have to live with my my actual name being associated with my actual stupidity!

And besides, people who know me in real life also know that I have a soft spot for Sweed. With the possible exception of Ben Roethlisberger, He's gotta have the worst luck of anyone in the NFL right now.

Anyway - hi!

Autzenoise
05-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Well, for anyone that has attended an Oregon Ducks game in Autzen stadium, it is self explanatory. Autzen Stadium is rated every year as one of the 5 loudest stadiums in the country. If you ever have a chance to watch a game there, do it. I have used this handle for about 10 years now on various forums.

flippy
05-29-2010, 12:25 PM

I was thinking along the lines of you're one of the biggest personalities on the board., not what you look like.

I mean, I'm a little better looking than George the Animal. At least a little :lol

flippy
05-29-2010, 12:32 PM

Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back?"

"Empire."

Blasphemy.

"Empire" had the better ending. Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader is his father, uh, Han gets frozen, taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-4/clerks-dante-randal.jpg

My favorite scene was in Clerks II when the one guy tried to take back the word porch monkey and start using it with a different meaning without racial undertones. I'd quote it, but I'd have to censor the whole thing or get banned from the board.

RuthlessBurgher
05-29-2010, 12:33 PM

I was thinking along the lines of you're one of the biggest personalities on the board., not what you look like.

I mean, I'm a little better looking than George the Animal. At least a little :lol

You do have a green tongue, though, right? :mrgreen:

SteelerEmpire
05-29-2010, 12:56 PM
Well. SteelerEmpire basically means just about what it says: "Steeler" is self explanatory. "Empire" reflects the teams 'dominance' of the NFL since the 70's merger... so its pretty cut n dry... A few Green Bay, Chicago and Dallas fans have made plays on it with their teams since I stated using it ... but theirs just don't make sense.

SteelerNation1
05-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Flip,
I always thought of myself as a "Macho Man" Savage...not the Honkey Tonk man.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mZX50x35xlI/SHQtAqI3htI/AAAAAAAAARI/SkOAPw0dvNg/s400/RandySavage.jpg

Steelgal
05-29-2010, 02:20 PM
Mine's not too hard to figure out. I'm a female Steeler fan :Boobs

RuthlessBurgher
05-29-2010, 02:23 PM
Flip,
I always thought of myself as a "Macho Man" Savage...not the Honkey Tonk man.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mZX50x35xlI/SHQtAqI3htI/AAAAAAAAARI/SkOAPw0dvNg/s400/RandySavage.jpg

Oh yeah! Snap into a Slim Jim!!!

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=252223&title=macho-man-randy-savage

Prok
05-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Just got a message on SF from my friend Chidi. Add another to the newby list. lol

Psychoward#86
05-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Mines a little obvious.

Hines Ward is often nicknamed "Psycho Ward" by the fans because he's, well, psycho :twisted:. In fact, you'll see a huge banner in the front row during some games that has the words "Psycho Ward 86" during some games.

So yeah, that's where i got my name from, im just a huge fan of the guy whether it be his devastating blocks, beautiful TD nabs, or that smile that pisses everyone else off :tt2

NKySteeler
05-29-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm paying homage to my fast food working bretheren and my hometown of Pittsburgh.

http://i49.tinypic.com/1085i0j.jpg

I used to love your "I'm a homer" threads at the Trib, along with Steelerlover's contributions to them...

As for mine, as if anyone cares, it's fairly self-explanatory.... I live in Northern Kentucky (for just another few months) because of work.

... My avatar, which was gratiously constructed by AngryAsian, tells the rest of the story...

Godfather
05-29-2010, 06:02 PM
We should sticky this thread since PS essentially inherited the old SF crowd.

I started using the name Godfather in a lot of different places in late 2004, in honor of being a godfather and because I'm part Italian.

cakmakli
05-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Cakmakli is where I was stationed at while in Turkey 86-88. It is about 15 miles outside of Istanbul.

PS. I'm another transplant from Steeler Fever.

AngryAsian
05-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Football pool name.... only Steeler fan in that noted 73+ man pool. Only asian, come to think of it.

NC Steeler Fan
05-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Um, duhhh, I live in North Carolina and I'm a life long (46 next month!) Steeler fan!

Actually, I thought it was pretty lame name until everyone started calling
me "NC" and it kinda stuck. Now, I like it.

Oh, and another of the female contingent on here. :tt1

D Rock
05-30-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm kinda wanting myself one of those cool old school wrestler personas right about now. Whatdya, Flip?

JDSteeler
05-31-2010, 09:11 AM
J is my first initial of my first name. D is the first initial of my last name.

I then combined the JD and added Steeler to the end of it.....

I have also personalized my license plate with my board name.

JDSteeler was actually a PittsburghLive/SteelersLive rookie back in 2005.

I kinda miss the SteelersLive MB....I had just eclipsed my 1,000th post,
and they decided to take it down.

Now you know everthing about me....

Go Steelers!!!!

rpmpit
05-31-2010, 07:35 PM
rpm are my initials

pit is for Pittsburgh

should probably have used rpmpitt

some posters early on said my name resembled the word armpit

used to bother me

now i'm cool with it

if you consider me a friend, feel free to call me armpit

fordfixer
05-31-2010, 07:43 PM
rpm are my initials

pit is for Pittsburgh

used to bother me

now i'm cool with it

If we call you "No neck" can we still be friends? :lol:

rpmpit
05-31-2010, 07:47 PM
rpm are my initials

pit is for Pittsburgh

used to bother me

now i'm cool with it

If we call you "No neck" can we still be friends? :lol:

Yes. Just don't call me Shirley :lol:

pfelix73
05-31-2010, 08:54 PM
Ok- I'm game-

I'm a big James Bond fan...Felix is 007's best friend. Had a business once named Zorin Enterprises- any1 know who played Zorin and in which movie?

fordfixer
05-31-2010, 09:07 PM
Ok- I'm game-

I'm a big James Bond fan...Felix is 007's best friend. Had a business once named Zorin Enterprises- any1 know who played Zorin and in which movie?
Christopher Walken in A View to a Kill (1985)?

flippy
06-01-2010, 07:00 AM
I'm kinda wanting myself one of those cool old school wrestler personas right about now. Whatdya, Flip?

I saved one of my favorites for ya. The Hot Rod....

http://www.wrestlingvalley.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/piper21.jpg

SN1, if you're gonna be the Macho Man, you're gonna need a Miss Elizabeth. I guess NC will do:

http://ecwfrenchtribute.free.fr/HTLM/Photos/Divas/E-L/Elizabeth/Miss_Elizabeth_-_Elizabeth_Hulette_13.jpg

Herewegosteelers!
06-01-2010, 07:15 AM
A longtime Steeler fan and season ticket holder, Herewegosteelers! is my favorite Steeler rally chant......Here we go Steelers, here we go!!! :tt2

stlrz d
06-01-2010, 07:41 AM
A longtime Steeler fan and season ticket holder, Herewegosteelers! is my favorite Steeler rally chant......Here we go Steelers, here we go!!! :tt2

Please don't change your name to Renegade! :lol:

flippy
06-01-2010, 09:46 AM
[quote="Herewegosteelers!":15b9px8q]A longtime Steeler fan and season ticket holder, Herewegosteelers! is my favorite Steeler rally chant......Here we go Steelers, here we go!!! :tt2

Please don't change your name to Renegade! :lol:[/quote:15b9px8q]

I always thought this would be a great name.

California-Steel
06-01-2010, 03:25 PM
I now live in California. Steelers have been my team since the 60's where I was born and raised in Da-Burgh (Steel town) Thus "California-Steel"

steelblitz
06-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long long year, stole many a mans soul and faith
I rode a tank held a generals rank, when the STEELBLITZ raged and the bodies stank
pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name
I've been known by many names;
4NIK8, BA5UX, tito

SteelerNation1
06-02-2010, 09:57 AM

SN1, if you're gonna be the Macho Man, you're gonna need a Miss Elizabeth. I guess NC will do:

http://ecwfrenchtribute.free.fr/HTLM/Photos/Divas/E-L/Elizabeth/Miss_Elizabeth_-_Elizabeth_Hulette_13.jpg

Not sure my wife would be happy about it, but that's cool by me! :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

flippy
06-02-2010, 10:25 AM

Not sure my wife would be happy about it, but that's cool by me! :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

I just figured if everyone around here gets a couple spares, we can convince Mrs. Jigga to allow Jigga to have multiple wives to ensure he has SuperBowl babies every year.

Take one for the team, bro.

George the Animal Steele(r) was married to Megan Fox, right?

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/Megan-Fox-naked-GQ_1.jpg

Did everyone know George was discovered by Bruno Samartino and brought to Pittsburgh for Studio Wrestling with Bruno and was named Steele after the Steel city? I wonder if he's a Steelers fan?

ikestops85
06-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Ike is for Taylor and 85 is for ocho stinko. I used to post on a bengals site and this name seemed to tick them off. After I was banned Jom (our resident bengals fan) recommended this site. I will be forever grateful to him for that.

flippy
06-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Ike is for Taylor and 85 is for ocho stinko. I used to post on a bengals site and this name seemed to tick them off. After I was banned Jom (our resident bengals fan) recommended this site. I will be forever grateful to him for that.

Lucky for you it doesn't seem to tick us off.

Jommy's a pretty good guy. One day he'll convert.

MeetJoeGreene
06-02-2010, 10:35 PM
Did everyone know George was discovered by Bruno Samartino and brought to Pittsburgh for Studio Wrestling with Bruno and was named Steele after the Steel city? I wonder if he's a Steelers fan?

That reminds me of a photoshop I did! Holmgroin into George the Animal:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd279/jbitty29/mikesteele.jpg

flippy
06-03-2010, 06:40 AM

That's a good one!!!

RuthlessBurgher
06-03-2010, 10:06 AM

http://www.planetsteelers.com/cpg1416/albums/16/normal_madrax.jpg

The Holmgren photoshop contest was one of the best, in my opinion. :lol:

Tomlinator
06-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Mine is just a play on my first name that my kids came up with. I guess I get a bit determined and focused when it comes to playing games. Even y wife says its appropriate.

I also like what I've seen of Mike Tomlin, so when I signed up I threw the extra letter in to make it more Steeler-ish.

flippy
06-03-2010, 10:23 AM
Mine is just a play on my first name that my kids came up with. I guess I get a bit determined and focused when it comes to playing games. Even y wife says its appropriate.

I also like what I've seen of Mike Tomlin, so when I signed up I threw the extra letter in to make it more Steeler-ish.

so you're the guy who unleashes hell during a friendly game of Chutes and Ladders?

Tomlinator
06-03-2010, 10:41 AM

so you're the guy who unleashes hell during a friendly game of Chutes and Ladders?

Oh yeah! It's never to early to teach those important life lessons!

o sensei
06-08-2010, 02:38 PM
The name refers to the father and creator of aikido which was introduced to me when I was in the military. I was young, ignorant, arrogant, I had studied other martial arts in my youth and thought I was a badass. An officer from an armor unit saw me practicing kicks with a bag at the gym one day, told me my form was junk(not the word he used), which resulted in a challenge, which resulted in me flat on my face with my left hand in my right ear and a "pudgy asian guy" holding me down, telling me I was stupid and reckless.

What followed probably sounds like some lame idea for a film, but this guy eventually changed my direction, my attitude...my military career for sure...and clearly helped me become a better man which has allowed me to be a far better husband and father later in life than I would have been. He fell to cancer 4 years ago and I helped carry him to his final resting place in hawaii. So, I honor him wherever I can, silly as it may seem.

flippy
06-08-2010, 02:57 PM
The name refers to the father and creator of aikido which was introduced to me when I was in the military. I was young, ignorant, arrogant, I had studied other martial arts in my youth and thought I was a badass. An officer from an armor unit saw me practicing kicks with a bag at the gym one day, told me my form was junk(not the word he used), which resulted in a challenge, which resulted in me flat on my face with my left hand in my right ear and a "pudgy asian guy" holding me down, telling me I was stupid and reckless.

What followed probably sounds like some lame idea for a film, but this guy eventually changed my direction, my attitude...my military career for sure...and clearly helped me become a better man which has allowed me to be a far better husband and father later in life than I would have been. He fell to cancer 4 years ago and I helped carry him to his final resting place in hawaii. So, I honor him wherever I can, silly as it may seem.

pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?

(n)o sensei

RuthlessBurgher
06-08-2010, 03:01 PM

And I guess the "o" before "sensei" is a reference to "O Captain, My Captain" in which you play the part of Walt Whitman and your deceased martial arts instructor is Abraham Lincoln?

And the Karate Kid was not a lame idea for a film, by the way. Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, squish! Just like grape. Well, the new movie with Jackie Chan and Fresh Prince Jr. may be lame, but not the original with Arnold from Happy Days and Vinny's Cousin.

flippy
06-08-2010, 06:06 PM

And I guess the "o" before "sensei" is a reference to "O Captain, My Captain" in which you play the part of Walt Whitman and your deceased martial arts instructor is Abraham Lincoln?

And the Karate Kid was not a lame idea for a film, by the way. Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, squish! Just like grape. Well, the new movie with Jackie Chan and Fresh Prince Jr. may be lame, but not the original with Arnold from Happy Days and Vinny's Cousin.

Who knew Arnold likes to wax off so much.

o sensei
06-09-2010, 07:57 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morihei_Ueshiba#Legacy

Pretty much covers it...

Whitman...nice.

Ralph was like 28 when the KK films were made...morita was pure class though.

Love the banner flippy!

kiwi_sarah
06-10-2010, 05:56 AM
This seems as good a place to jump in as any :D

Hi all, sometime lurker, first time poster!

I'm a Steeler chick from New Zealand....call me Kiwi (slang for a NZer, also a flightless bird found only here as well as the fruit) or Sarah (or, I don't know, come up with something interesting and see if it works http://www.xs4all.nl/~ernstmul/images/yahoo/09.gif)

I see a few familiar faces from around the web - looking forward to catching up/getting to know everyone...and I'm soooooo ready for the season to start already. :tt1 Go Steelers!

Chadman
06-10-2010, 09:55 AM

I'm a Steeler chick from New Zealand....call me Kiwi (slang for a NZer, also a flightless bird found only here as well as the fruit) or Sarah (or, I don't know, come up with something interesting and see if it works http://www.xs4all.nl/~ernstmul/images/yahoo/09.gif)

I see a few familiar faces from around the web - looking forward to catching up/getting to know everyone...and I'm soooooo ready for the season to start already. :tt1 Go Steelers!

This place is starting to feel more like home. For so long, Chadman was a single Aussie, trying to get the yanks to understand that we not only understand the game, we are generally better all around at everything. Now in the space of a month an additional Aussie & now a Kiwi join- the world is a happier place.

flippy
06-10-2010, 01:28 PM

This place is starting to feel more like home. For so long, Chadman was a single Aussie, trying to get the yanks to understand that we not only understand the game, we are generally better all around at everything. Now in the space of a month an additional Aussie & now a Kiwi join- the world is a happier place.

Admit it, you're only here to try and recruit Sepulveda for your Aussie Rules Football team.

Seriously, I bet Danny boy would be the Michael Jordan of your league, so I get why you're here. :wink

And as for the rules around here Miss Sarah, if you mention a female (in this case kiwi_sarah) you are required to post a pic of said female. :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Pretty soon we'll have enough ladies for a PlanetSteelers bikini contest.....

fordfixer
06-10-2010, 02:29 PM

Welcome to the Planet K.S. :tt1 :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
06-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Mmmm...kiwis

http://www.verigorm.de/pictures/2006/07/kiwi.jpg

:lol:

WOODSLAYER56
06-10-2010, 05:04 PM
The creation of my name is for Lamarr Woodley and how he slays opposing offensive players so I went with WoodSlayer56.

flippy
06-10-2010, 05:41 PM
The creation of my name is for Lamarr Woodley and how he slays opposing offensive players so I went with WoodSlayer56.

Whew, I was worried you might want to kill Mr Woodley when I first saw your name.

I'm hoping Mr Woodley wins DMVP this season.

kiwi_sarah
06-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Admit it, you're only here to try and recruit Sepulveda for your Aussie Rules Football team.

Seriously, I bet Danny boy would be the Michael Jordan of your league, so I get why you're here. :wink

And as for the rules around here Miss Sarah, if you mention a female (in this case kiwi_sarah) you are required to post a pic of said female. :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

Thanks for the welcome everyone :D

Apologies, sometimes a girl needs to be made aware of the rules, no nudes though right? :wink:

This is me. (non Steelers related, but I'm pretty sure "post a pic" is code for "how big are your boobs?" right? lol)

http://web18.twitpic.com/img/113613494-5fe3fa3624f0ad67515de778b145658f.4c116768-full.jpg

Good to know I'm not the only Steeler fan from halfway around the world here!

RuthlessBurgher
06-10-2010, 07:05 PM

Apologies, sometimes a girl needs to be made aware of the rules, no nudes though right? :wink:

This is me. (non Steelers related, but I'm pretty sure "post a pic" is code for "how big are your boobs?" right? lol)

http://web18.twitpic.com/img/113613494-5fe3fa3624f0ad67515de778b145658f.4c116768-full.jpg

Just don't ask flippy how big his boobs are. I don't want my eyes to bleed. :shock: :wink:

No nudes on the board is a stipulation on the Code of Conduct. I'm not sure if that applies to PM's, though...Hmmm... :lol:

flippy
06-10-2010, 07:57 PM

:lol yeah, this is a PG board for the most part. sometimes i've seen a thread border on pg-13.

and i was just letting you know the rules for the benefit of the board. cruzer8 is the board perv :wink

for some reason i couldn't see the pic - it's a blank for me.

oh, and you never have to take me seriously. no one else does. i just try to keep things light and good natured around here :D

flippy
06-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Just don't ask flippy how big his boobs are. I don't want my eyes to bleed. :shock: :wink:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j188/slbitters/fat_girl.jpg

kiwi_sarah
06-10-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm confused.

How did Flippy repost my pic after not being able to view it? :wink:

costanza2k1
06-10-2010, 08:23 PM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j188/slbitters/fat_girl.jpg

WOW flippy you look just like I imagined you.

flippy
06-11-2010, 06:36 AM
I'm confused.

Seriously? :shock:

I do have eery bouts of ESP, so I'm not too surprised. :lol

kiwi_sarah
06-11-2010, 06:55 AM
I'm confused.

lol...no, not seriously. I have a problem with being a smarta....

But, feel free to tell me what I'm thinking :wink:

I don't think I should have linked to a twit pic, will try harder next time!

RuthlessBurgher
06-11-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm confused.

That's funny...I have eery bouts with ESPN. :wink:

Particularly when they pile on to my quarterback when no charges have ever been filed.

flippy
06-11-2010, 09:13 AM
[quote="kiwi_sarah":gwy77md3]I'm confused.

lol...no, not seriously. I have a problem with being a smarta....

But, feel free to tell me what I'm thinking :wink:

I don't think I should have linked to a twit pic, will try harder next time![/quote:gwy77md3]

you're thinking, wow, flippy is my hero.

how can I be as big a dork as this guy? :wink

am i close?

flippy
06-11-2010, 09:17 AM
I'm confused.

Particularly when they pile on to my quarterback when no charges have ever been filed.

That's funny....maybe your quarterback should keep his pylon to himself.

http://moldychum.typepad.com/moldy_chum/images/traffic_cones.jpg

flippy
06-11-2010, 09:43 AM
No nudes on the board is a stipulation on the Code of Conduct. I'm not sure if that applies to PM's, though...Hmmm... :lol:

Did you get the naked PM too? She just told me not to share it with cruzer8. :lol

eniparadoxgma
06-11-2010, 01:15 PM

Glad you could make it, Sarah. :tt2 :Boobs :Bow :tt2

kiwi_sarah
06-11-2010, 05:48 PM

lmao - you're my kinda guy RB, we're gonna get along just fine.

am i close?

Close. But dude, I have the geek gene in spades....you may see me reach new heights of dorkdom. I mean, come on, I just used "dorkdom" like it's a real word.

Did you get the naked PM too? She just told me not to share it with cruzer8. :lol

Great. Now I have to spend allllllll day answering PMs.

Hmmmm. You've almost piqued my interest about this cruzer8 person....except....

I'm like, so, like, totally smitten with like, Eni and stuff *swoons*

Thanks dude - I'm liking it here already. (yup, it's all his fault I'm here. Net stalking. Not just for creepy dudes with mustaches and walls plastered with google street view printouts)

eniparadoxgma
06-11-2010, 08:08 PM

lmao - you're my kinda guy RB, we're gonna get along just fine.

am i close?

Close. But dude, I have the geek gene in spades....you may see me reach new heights of dorkdom. I mean, come on, I just used "dorkdom" like it's a real word.

Great. Now I have to spend allllllll day answering PMs.

Thanks dude - I'm liking it here already. (yup, it's all his fault I'm here. Net stalking. Not just for creepy dudes with mustaches and walls plastered with google street view printouts)

The feeling is reciprocal, shexy mama. 8)

flippy
06-12-2010, 06:37 AM

Geek implies smart. Flippy is by no means smart. Just a run of the mill dork. Is Dorkdom what they call you when you wear your glasses?

http://www.carnivalstore.co.uk/controlpanel/shoppics/48152_Dominatrix.jpg

Who isn't smitten with Eni? You're giving cruzer more material to fantasize about. :lol

kiwi_sarah
06-14-2010, 07:24 AM
[quote=kiwi_sarah]

Geek implies smart. Flippy is by no means smart. Just a run of the mill dork. Is Dorkdom what they call you when you wear your glasses?

Who isn't smitten with Eni? You're giving cruzer more material to fantasize about. :lol[/quote:1bq3gr47]

Nah, geek just means I <3 Nintendo & Kevin Smith movies.

I figured I wouldn't be the only one enamored with a certain scholar. http://www.buddy-icons.info/content/smileys/yahoo_daydream.gif

flippy
06-14-2010, 07:49 AM
[quote=flippy][quote="kiwi_sarah":2gv10xts]

Who isn't smitten with Eni? You're giving cruzer more material to fantasize about. :lol[/quote:2gv10xts]

Nah, geek just means I <3 Nintendo & Kevin Smith movies.

I figured I wouldn't be the only one enamored with a certain scholar. http://www.buddy-icons.info/content/smileys/yahoo_daydream.gif[/quote:2gv10xts]

I liked Zack and Miri Make a Porno. Thought it was great that it was based in Pittsburgh.

My favorite Pittsburgh movie though has to be AdventureLand. It doesn't get better than 1987 in Kennywood park. There was a dude in a Lambert jersey. Tons of shots of the Music Express. The Potato Patch. Not to mention half my girlfriends when I was younger looked like Lisa P.

But you might not be so nostalgic for Pittsburgh being a kiwi and all, so I'll stick with Kevin Smith.

My favorite scene in a Kevin Smith movie was the taking back the word porch monkey bit in Clerks II. I saw it in a packed movie theatre in poor part of town and that scene got dead silence, but I couldn't control myself from laughing hysterically.

I also went back and watched Clerks and Mall Rats recently and they weren't as funny as when I was younger. When I originally saw them, I loved them. Recently they were just ok.

flippy
06-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Oh, and Dogma was filmed in Pittsburgh as well.

I bet that's a movie your boyfriend would enjoy. :wink

kiwi_sarah
06-14-2010, 05:52 PM
I liked Zack and Miri Make a Porno. Thought it was great that it was based in Pittsburgh.

My favorite Pittsburgh movie though has to be AdventureLand. It doesn't get better than 1987 in Kennywood park. There was a dude in a Lambert jersey. Tons of shots of the Music Express. The Potato Patch. Not to mention half my girlfriends when I was younger looked like Lisa P.

But you might not be so nostalgic for Pittsburgh being a kiwi and all, so I'll stick with Kevin Smith.

My favorite scene in a Kevin Smith movie was the taking back the word porch monkey bit in Clerks II. I saw it in a packed movie theatre in poor part of town and that scene got dead silence, but I couldn't control myself from laughing hysterically.

I also went back and watched Clerks and Mall Rats recently and they weren't as funny as when I was younger. When I originally saw them, I loved them. Recently they were just ok.

I'm nuts about Pittsburgh....I want to visit so bad. Adventureland was great! Being so devoid of Steelers, and just football in general here - I do this girly squeal thing everytime Pittsburgh or the Steelers are mentioned/shown/referenced in some way on TV or in movies.

I agree - Mallrats, eh. For some, it was his best work, for me it's ok. Personally, I love Chasing Amy & Dogma. Clerks II and J&SBSB were great too - Zack & Miri was sweet I thought...and the drunken Steeler's fan who can't say Roethlisberger was funny.

If you like Kevin Smith, you might like his podcast series - I tend to listen to them while I do something else (multi-tasking FTW) but often find myself laughing outloud.

http://www.smodcast.com/

flippy
06-14-2010, 06:43 PM

I'm nuts about Pittsburgh....I want to visit so bad. Adventureland was great! Being so devoid of Steelers, and just football in general here - I do this girly squeal thing everytime Pittsburgh or the Steelers are mentioned/shown/referenced in some way on TV or in movies.

I agree - Mallrats, eh. For some, it was his best work, for me it's ok. Personally, I love Chasing Amy & Dogma. Clerks II and J&SBSB were great too - Zack & Miri was sweet I thought...and the drunken Steeler's fan who can't say Roethlisberger was funny.

If you like Kevin Smith, you might like his podcast series - I tend to listen to them while I do something else (multi-tasking FTW) but often find myself laughing outloud.

http://www.smodcast.com/

Cool, I'll have to check out the podcasts sometime.

So you hail from Pittsburgh?

kiwi_sarah
06-14-2010, 06:49 PM

Nope. I've never even been out of New Zealand. I just love Pittsburgh b/c of the Steelers lol

flippy
06-15-2010, 05:20 AM

Nope. I've never even been out of New Zealand. I just love Pittsburgh b/c of the Steelers lol

This is always interesting to me when people not from Pittsburgh somehow become fans. How did you first become a fan?

Your resulting fascination with Pittsburgh when you've never left New Zealand is equally interesting to me.

kiwi_sarah
06-15-2010, 05:55 AM
This is always interesting to me when people not from Pittsburgh somehow become fans. How did you first become a fan?

Your resulting fascination with Pittsburgh when you've never left New Zealand is equally interesting to me.

I have a really good friend who's a life-long Steeler fan, he lives a little out of Pittsburgh. I guess his passion was contagious. He knew I'd love football if I watched a little (you get no exposure to it here of course) and he was right....but neither of us guessed just how much I'd take to the Steelers. There's something special about our team...the Rooneys...the history, the unique work ethic and it's easy to love something that's special to someone you love you know?

I particularly love how widespread the Steeler's fan base is. I need forums like this one as a touchstone to meet other fans....but we're everywhere, all over the worl....ahem...planet :D

flippy
06-15-2010, 07:39 AM

I have a really good friend who's a life-long Steeler fan, he lives a little out of Pittsburgh. I guess his passion was contagious. He knew I'd love football if I watched a little (you get no exposure to it here of course) and he was right....but neither of us guessed just how much I'd take to the Steelers. There's something special about our team...the Rooneys...the history, the unique work ethic and it's easy to love something that's special to someone you love you know?

I particularly love how widespread the Steeler's fan base is. I need forums like this one as a touchstone to meet other fans....but we're everywhere, all over the worl....ahem...planet :D

cool. for me personally my love of all things Pittsburgh really took off the day I moved away.

i get nostalgic every time i go back home or watch a game on tv. it brings me child like energy. i literally bounce off the walls. it's ok cause they're rubber here.

ColumbusSteelerFan
06-15-2010, 01:04 PM

cool. for me personally my love of all things Pittsburgh really took off the day I moved away.

i get nostalgic every time i go back home or watch a game on tv. it brings me child like energy. i literally bounce off the walls. it's ok cause they're rubber here.

Same here Flippy. It's one of those "you never know what you had until you don't" type of deals. For my name, well, I live here now, and I couldn't think of anything else at the time. I actually left the 'Burgh by choice, and other than meeting my wife here and being closer to family, not a lot of good came from it. We last visited about two years ago and loved every minute of it. Seeing my old stomping grounds, visiting the zoo, and the hills. That's probably the main reason why my wife wants to move back there!

kiwi_sarah
06-15-2010, 06:07 PM

Same here Flippy. It's one of those "you never know what you had until you don't" type of deals. For my name, well, I live here now, and I couldn't think of anything else at the time. I actually left the 'Burgh by choice, and other than meeting my wife here and being closer to family, not a lot of good came from it. We last visited about two years ago and loved every minute of it. Seeing my old stomping grounds, visiting the zoo, and the hills. That's probably the main reason why my wife wants to move back there!

:D @ rubber walls.

I live a long way away from my hometown/family....I think if I had a draw like the Steelers pulling me home, as well as family, that'd clinch it for me. Have you met other Steeler fans where you are CSF?

buckeyehoppy
06-16-2010, 12:30 AM

Will respond to the Flippy Q before the reply to the topic.

Never been to Cleveland, have ya Flip? You'd understand if you've ever visited. Cleveland has worse karma than that "Touchdown Jesus" statue on I-75 outside Cincy. Prolly explains why I limit my Cleveland allegiances to one (the Tribe) and why most of my friends here aren't big sports fans. That tends to keep me grounded to a degree. Hope that helped.

Explain buckeyehoppy: The "buckeye" part comes from the Buckeye State of Ohio where I have lived all my life and from my allegiance to THE Ohio State Buckeyes. The "hoppy" part derives from Hopkins, my real last name. Put the two together and the brain surgery is complete.

Also, the buckeye, as most of you may know, is a nut. Well, if the shoe fits... yada yada yada. I'm an interesting guy to watch the Steelers with and, yes, I get a little nuts when I watch a game, win or lose. But, even watching a gut wrenching Steelers loss is always going to be preferred over the waterboarding that witnessing a Clowns game is.

And, why is it "buckeyehoppy" and not "Buckeye Hoppy" or some derivation thereof? Always thot it to be cooler to be all lower case and, a few years back, I just started treating it that way. No annoying shift or space bars.

ColumbusSteelerFan
06-16-2010, 10:44 AM

:D @ rubber walls.

I live a long way away from my hometown/family....I think if I had a draw like the Steelers pulling me home, as well as family, that'd clinch it for me. Have you met other Steeler fans where you are CSF?

Oh yes, plently of Black and Gold fans here. It definitely makes it easier to bear. Often times they'll outnumber the Clowns and Bungles fans around here, which should tell you something. Plenty of places around here to watch the game in "good company" as well.

If you want a good idea of why Pittsburgh is so special, I have to refer back to when my wife and I saw Alan Jackson perform back in 2004. We mainly went for Martina McBride as she's a big fan and it was the one and only time I got floor seats for a show at the Igloo. Anyway, one of Alan's songs is called "Where I Come From". During the song, the video screens show different places around the town where he's performing. For the Pittsburgh show, they showed all the stadiums and arenas, of course, along with the incline, Primanti Brothers, the South Side area, and several other places around town that got good reactions from the crowd. No surprised that anything with the Steelers got the loudest reaction.

A few months later we saw the same show here in Columbus and this time it was footage from around Columbus. I can tell you there was NO comparison to what they featured on it and the 'Burgh show. And, no surprise, the only thing that got any reaction from the crowd was anything related to OSU (neither of us are fans as some of you know). Really lame. And you wonder why I keep asking myself why I'm still living here. :lol:

flippy
06-16-2010, 05:10 PM

Will respond to the Flippy Q before the reply to the topic.

Never been to Cleveland, have ya Flip? You'd understand if you've ever visited. Cleveland has worse karma than that "Touchdown Jesus" statue on I-75 outside Cincy. Prolly explains why I limit my Cleveland allegiances to one (the Tribe) and why most of my friends here aren't big sports fans. That tends to keep me grounded to a degree. Hope that helped.

Explain buckeyehoppy: The "buckeye" part comes from the Buckeye State of Ohio where I have lived all my life and from my allegiance to THE Ohio State Buckeyes. The "hoppy" part derives from Hopkins, my real last name. Put the two together and the brain surgery is complete.

Also, the buckeye, as most of you may know, is a nut. Well, if the shoe fits... yada yada yada. I'm an interesting guy to watch the Steelers with and, yes, I get a little nuts when I watch a game, win or lose. But, even watching a gut wrenching Steelers loss is always going to be preferred over the waterboarding that witnessing a Clowns game is.

And, why is it "buckeyehoppy" and not "Buckeye Hoppy" or some derivation thereof? Always thot it to be cooler to be all lower case and, a few years back, I just started treating it that way. No annoying shift or space bars.

I've been to Cleveland twice and I have 2 of 3 traffic tickets in my life to show for it. I got another in st louis for the most bogus charge ever - that's a whole nother thread.

I always read your name as you were a guy named buck with a lazy eye that bounced around. :lol

flippy
06-16-2010, 05:14 PM
I keep asking myself why I'm still living here. :lol:

cause in 1492 your town sail the ocean blue!!!!! sailed it blue, man.....

steelblitz
06-16-2010, 08:02 PM
cause in 1492 your town sail the ocean blue!!!!! sailed it blue, man.....
nah man.........purple.....

...yea, purple

Chavezz
06-18-2010, 09:06 PM
Chavezz- I've used this online name for probably 10 years on any site I post on, sometimes there might be some numbers after it if I have to use them.

Not hispanic, just a plain old Caucasoid. When I was in my early to mid 20's I had long hair, a goatee and big lamb chop side burns and played a TON of basketball. We played outside a lot so I'd get a really dark tan. One day somebody got mad about something during a game, started screaming racially insensitive remarks of a hispanic nature towards me. The dude thought I was hispanic. I played along with it and pretended to get mad about it and ended up running the guy off the court. I actually broke out the Cyprus Hill line "Are you tryin to get crazy with Esse? Don't you know I'm loco!" Funny stuff. I'm a little over 6'2 and was a good 270, how many hispanics do you know that size??

That was kind of the end of it for a few days until a bunch of friends were watching the movie Young Guns and someone said that I looked a little like Lou Diamond Phillips character Chavez which then led my friends back to the guy at the court that thought I was Mexican.

At that point Chavez was born. I added the double Z because it made it a little more unique.

Long story I know but pretty funny I think.

eniparadoxgma
06-21-2010, 02:00 PM
Hilarious story, Chavezz. :tt2

Jigawatts
06-21-2010, 02:49 PM

:Agree

I used to work with a guy who quoted Young Guns and Young Guns II more than anything.

My only comeback was "Chavez, you dirty Mexican Cherokee."

Not even sure if that was the exact quote, but it was always funny. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
06-21-2010, 03:16 PM

I used to work with a guy who quoted Young Guns and Young Guns II more than anything.

Did you have a heated debate over whether Bon Jovi's "Blaze of Glory" or Huey Lewis' "Power of Love" were the better theme song? :lol:

flippy
06-21-2010, 03:20 PM

Did you have a heated debate over whether Bon Jovi's "Blaze of Glory" or Huey Lewis' "Power of Love" were the better theme song? :lol:

omg, that was good :D

Jigawatts
06-21-2010, 04:22 PM

I knew Ruthless wouldn't be able to resist but I had to say it anyway. The dude had
a serious jones for Young Guns. :shock:

Seriously, Young Guns over BTTF? I don't remember Bon Jovi ever making a cameo in
Young Guns II. Power of Love all the way bitches. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
06-21-2010, 04:30 PM

I knew Ruthless wouldn't be able to resist but I had to say it anyway. The dude had
a serious jones for Young Guns. :shock:

Seriously, Young Guns over BTTF? I don't remember Bon Jovi ever making a cameo in
Young Guns II. Power of Love all the way bitches. :lol:

"Hold it, fellas. I'm afraid you're just too darn loud."

http://blogs.tampabay.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/06/huey_lewis.jpeg

DkBlue
07-02-2010, 09:04 PM
USAF. Call sign was Dark Blue

stlrz d
07-02-2010, 09:56 PM
USAF. Call sign was Dark Blue

Another pilot? You and NKy should have things to talk about!

lvsteelersfan
07-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Pretty simple. I am a Steelers fan who lives in Las Vegas. Not overly clever, but it works for me. I am usually Pierats when I am playing fantasy football. It is a reference to Jimmy Buffett's "A Pirate Looks at 40" and dressing up as a pirate at Ren Faires.

MeetJoeGreene
07-21-2010, 12:38 PM
Pretty simple. I am a Steelers fan who lives in Las Vegas. Not overly clever, but it works for me. I am usually Pierats when I am playing fantasy football. It is a reference to Jimmy Buffett's "A Pirate Looks at 40" and dressing up as a pirate at Ren Faires.

Crap. You don't know a poster named lasvegasguy, do you?

Iron Shiek
07-21-2010, 01:09 PM

So are the All Whites a little more popular these days seeing as they were the only team in the World Cup to not lose a match (granted they didn't win either, but still a good accomplishment)?

As for my board name, I don't know why, but when I was little, one of my older friends would always call me Shiek, in reference to the wrestler Iron Shiek. I don't know if he thought I looked like him (I hope not because I was about 8 or so when he would call me that). So Shiek just stuck with me and all my friends call me that now. When I joined the Trib message board, I was shiek2134, and used that when people started migrating over to the Planet...then got suggestion from Ruthless or someone to "Steelerize" my name a bit, and somebody suggested Iron Shiek...not to be confused with the wrestler this time hopefully.

CanadianSteel
08-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Hi fellow Steeler fans, Just joined a few mins ago and thought I'd post here. Nothing surprising here, just a Canadian guy who LOVES his Steelers. Hope to debate with you in the weeks and months to come.
:tt2

decleater
08-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Anyone who has been knocked out of their shoes by a defensive player understands.

RuthlessBurgher
08-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi fellow Steeler fans, Just joined a few mins ago and thought I'd post here. Nothing surprising here, just a Canadian guy who LOVES his Steelers. Hope to debate with you in the weeks and months to come.
:tt2

Take off, you hoser!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_s2mrRWI87bU/RhRzF4_krqI/AAAAAAAAAOA/uNanTi4VtlI/s400/Are%2BYou%2BA%2BHoser.jpg

:lol: Welcome.

D Rock
08-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Anyone who has been knocked out of their shoes by a defensive player understands.

Or by Hines Ward.

CanadianSteel
08-02-2010, 06:46 PM
lmao thanks for the welcome RuthlessBurgher.

RuthlessBurgher
08-03-2010, 01:44 PM

No problem, man. I see that you've updated your location to more specific than just Canada. I think the St. John's you are referring to is up in Newfoundland, right?

We have a few other Canadian posters on here. If I recall correctly, I think Mel Blount's G is from one of the more Western provinces (Alberta, perhaps?). Steeler_fan_in_t.o. is from Toronto...but you won't like him because his town stole your Leafs from Mile One Arena (cool name for the eastern-most place in North America) and made them the Marlies once again.

I'm an AHL fan (have had some sort of season ticket package to the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins here in Northeast PA in their decade of existance here) in addition to being a Pittsburgh Penguin fan. I recall the other Saint John team at the time (the one from New Brunswick, the old Flames affiliate) beating my W-B/S Pens in the Calder Cup finals several years ago. :evil:

The only time I spent up in the Maritimes was on a 4 day cruise out of NYC to Saint John, New Brunswick and Halifax, Nova Scotia. Did some kayaking with the wife up there, and had some nice lobster bakes out on the beach. Really nice area to just walk around and relax. Never been all the way up to Newfoundland, though. You guys are closer to Greenland than Pittsburgh! :lol:

CanadianSteel
08-03-2010, 02:05 PM

No problem, man. I see that you've updated your location to more specific than just Canada. I think the St. John's you are referring to is up in Newfoundland, right?

We have a few other Canadian posters on here. If I recall correctly, I think Mel Blount's G is from one of the more Western provinces (Alberta, perhaps?). Steeler_fan_in_t.o. is from Toronto...but you won't like him because his town stole your Leafs from Mile One Arena (cool name for the eastern-most place in North America) and made them the Marlies once again.

I'm an AHL fan (have had some sort of season ticket package to the Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins here in Northeast PA in their decade of existance here) in addition to being a Pittsburgh Penguin fan. I recall the other Saint John team at the time (the one from New Brunswick, the old Flames affiliate) beating my W-B/S Pens in the Calder Cup finals several years ago. :evil:

The only time I spent up in the Maritimes was on a 4 day cruise out of NYC to Saint John, New Brunswick and Halifax, Nova Scotia. Did some kayaking with the wife up there, and had some nice lobster bakes out on the beach. Really nice area to just walk around and relax. Never been all the way up to Newfoundland, though. You guys are closer to Greenland than Pittsburgh! :lol:

Wow, you know your stuff!! lol

Yes St.John's Newfoundland. It was tough to lose the baby leafs but that was a good while ago. We got a Junior club after that but it never lasted very long, they left a few years ago leaving the MileOne without a hockey club. For a new arena thats tough.

It's good to know we have other Canuck posters around, i have read some of T.O's posts and i have to say the CN Tower Sig/Avi is just sick.

In time i will make my way to the Burgh i'm sure. This year we are heading to NYC in October, so i'm super pumped about that. After that my better half wants to go down south, witch is fine because i'm not one for hot weather and i could sue that against her when it's time to plan my Pitt vacation :P

kiwi_sarah
08-08-2010, 07:34 AM
So are the All Whites a little more popular these days seeing as they were the only team in the World Cup to not lose a match (granted they didn't win either, but still a good accomplishment)?

As for my board name, I don't know why, but when I was little, one of my older friends would always call me Shiek, in reference to the wrestler Iron Shiek. I don't know if he thought I looked like him (I hope not because I was about 8 or so when he would call me that). So Shiek just stuck with me and all my friends call me that now. When I joined the Trib message board, I was shiek2134, and used that when people started migrating over to the Planet...then got suggestion from Ruthless or someone to "Steelerize" my name a bit, and somebody suggested Iron Shiek...not to be confused with the wrestler this time hopefully.

Yeah they had a parade here in Wellington where I live when they got back. Soccer def. seems to be gaining popularity here.

I like the explanation for your name! Makes sense. Although, the Iron Sheik is one of the funniest old school wrestlers, I love seeing him do interviews, always makes me laugh - he's so into it!

Chavezz
08-09-2010, 05:54 PM

LOL. No, because is it even a debate??

Wolfhound45
08-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Too simple. My board name is my first "callsign" as a lieutenant in the Army (1991).

Wolfhound was the prefix for the 1st Battalion, 27th Infantry Regiment (http://www.wolfhounds.net/).

45 is the suffix for the medical platoon leader.

Steeler Mafia
08-23-2010, 10:30 PM
At the time, I was really big into the Soprano's series. I combined two of my favorite things.

RuthlessBurgher
08-24-2010, 09:34 AM
At the time, I was really big into the Soprano's series. I combined two of my favorite things.

"I enjoy collecting protection money, putting whores to work, loan-sharking. I enjoy planting bombs in people's cars. These are a few of my favorite things." -Danny Vermin

http://tikiloungetalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/88magnum.jpg

It's an eighty-eight Magnum. It shoots through schools. :lol:

Jigawatts
08-25-2010, 04:41 PM

"I enjoy collecting protection money, putting whores to work, loan-sharking. I enjoy planting bombs in people's cars. These are a few of my favorite things." -Danny Vermin

http://tikiloungetalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/88magnum.jpg

It's an eighty-eight Magnum. It shoots through schools. :lol:

You shouldn't quote me, Ruthless. My grandma quoted me once... ONCE!

WOODSLAYER56
08-27-2010, 11:21 AM
My username is for Lamarr Woodley (WOOD) and (SLAYER) how he slays his offensive opponents and the (56) is his jersey number.

OldSteelerFan
08-31-2010, 11:54 PM
I think my board name is self explanatory. I am old and have been a Steeler fan all my life. :tt2

OldSteelerFan

fordfixer
09-01-2010, 12:42 AM
I think my board name is self explanatory. I am old and have been a Steeler fan all my life. :tt2

OldSteelerFan

Welcome to the Planet :tt1 :tt1

BCSteel
09-02-2010, 04:32 PM
BC stands for Black Country, . . . it's the nickname for where I come from, in the part of the West Midlands county in the United Kingdom.

In the late 1800's to mid 1900's, much like the burgh it was a place of heavy industry, best known for chain making, mining etc. My great grandfather worked at Hingley's the company that produced the Anchor that went down with the Titanic.

It was a place of chimney's spewing out black (therefor the nickname) smoke, causing peasouper fogs, and driving the male workforce into the host of local pubs where they would piss their meagre earnings up the wall.

My mum and dad were both brought up in Cradley Heath, which is pretty much slap bang center of the old Black country.

http://www.cradleylinks.com/cradley_at_work.html

skyhawk
09-09-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm a private pilot. And I learned in a Cessna 172 "Skyhawk". So there.

eniparadoxgma
09-09-2010, 07:49 PM

For some reason that cracked me up, man. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

skyhawk
09-09-2010, 08:16 PM

:wink: :tt1

kiwi_sarah
09-09-2010, 10:00 PM

Dude. You HAVE to have some awesome "mile high club" stories right?

skyhawk
09-09-2010, 10:32 PM

I have one or two. It's kinda difficult when you have the controls :shock:

kiwi_sarah
09-09-2010, 10:42 PM

lmaooo - I was thinking more in a voyeuristic capacity, but, you go dude! :Boobs

skyhawk
09-09-2010, 11:01 PM
[quote=skyhawk]I'm a private pilot. And I learned in a Cessna 172 "Skyhawk". So there.

lmaooo - I was thinking more in a voyeuristic capacity, but, you go dude! :Boobs[/quote:38dta4yp]

Yeah, I fly small planes. So a max of four passengers but usually just me and one other :wink:

kiwi_sarah
09-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I fly small planes. So a max of four passengers but usually just me and one other :wink:

That's got to be a great way to get a date...."Let's go out for dinner, I'm flying".

skyhawk
09-10-2010, 01:27 AM

That's got to be a great way to get a date...."Let's go out for dinner, I'm flying".

Oh yeah. It certainly helps. But that's an expensive pick up line hehe.

RuthlessBurgher
09-10-2010, 09:52 AM

You should end every post with "So there" just like Pappy signs off with his name.

So there.

Starlifter
09-17-2010, 10:50 AM

Oh yeah. It certainly helps. But that's an expensive pick up line hehe.

lol, reminds me of the good'ol days of turns about a point and the 100 dollar hamburger. a wonderful hobby though, it's been years since I've been in a 172. I may just go get checked out again!

HermLovesSteelers
09-21-2010, 02:33 AM
Brand new to the board....and I think my name explains itself...thanks all.

RuthlessBurgher
09-21-2010, 10:04 AM

http://www.nyiia.org/images/graphics/Book_YouPlayToWinTheGame_small.jpg

Welcome.

fordfixer
09-22-2010, 12:17 AM

Welcome to the Planet :tt1

SteelHeel
10-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Steelers - Heels = SteelHeel

:brownssuck

HardlinerKC
10-11-2010, 02:29 PM
OK, I was a radio sportstalk host back in the early 90s on a "1 LUNG radio AM station formatted to sportsTalk with an afternoon show called "The Hardliners" which I hosted with another guy. The name stuck to this day.

fordfixer
10-11-2010, 02:35 PM
OK, I was a radio sportstalk host back in the early 90s on a "1 LUNG radio AM station formatted to sportsTalk with an afternoon show called "The Hardliners" which I hosted with another guy. The name stuck to this day.

Oh O.K. I thought you went with Hardliner because the sun shine band was all ready taken :lol: :lol:

Glad to see you posting again :tt1 :tt1

Chadman
10-11-2010, 11:18 PM

Oh O.K. I thought you went with Hardliner because the sun shine band was all ready taken :lol: :lol:

Glad to see you posting again :tt1 :tt1

Hahahaha....for some reason- this cracks Chadman up...

SteelerOfDeVille
11-03-2010, 12:56 AM
I can also switch hit.
Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I know, I know... I'm late to the party... late to most parties around these parts - it's been like a year or so... anyway, SteelerOfDeVille... The Ville (Louisville) is fairly obvious, i think... but, the idea came from Bugs Bunny's barber of SeVille... (I believe there was an actual opera or something, but, while I'm not the opera type, I love bugs).

RuthlessBurgher
11-03-2010, 10:05 AM
I can also switch hit.

I know, I know... I'm late to the party... late to most parties around these parts - it's been like a year or so... anyway, SteelerOfDeVille... The Ville (Louisville) is fairly obvious, i think... but, the idea came from Bugs Bunny's barber of SeVille... (I believe there was an actual opera or something, but, while I'm not the opera type, I love bugs).

I love the Bugs tattoo on Vida's @$$. :wink:

SteelerOfDeVille
11-03-2010, 02:57 PM
I can also switch hit.

I love the Bugs tattoo on Vida's @$$. :wink:
:Boobs

eniparadoxgma
11-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Seems like long time no see SOD. :Cheers Looking forward to the UK/UofL basketball game later this year. :tt2

SteelerOfDeVille
11-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Seems like long time no see SOD. :Cheers Looking forward to the UK/UofL basketball game later this year. :tt2
Doh... I'm not lookign forward to THAT at all... LOL

Starlifter
11-11-2010, 10:16 AM
I can also switch hit.

there IS an opera called the Barber of Seville. I took my wife to see it one time while in Venice and she kept punching me because during the whole performance I would sing 'kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit!!!!!'

AzStillers1989
11-22-2010, 01:21 PM
AzSTILLERS1989

First - "Az" - For the state I currently live in.

Second - "STILLERS" - Stating the team i was born to love and watch each and every sunday and pass onto my son and/or daughter someday.

Lastly - "1989" - The year i was brought into this earth by a couple of born and raised Pittsburgh natives.

GO STEEEEEELLLLLEEERRRSSS!!!!!!! :tt1 :tt2

PSU_dropout43
12-27-2010, 05:41 PM
It's a homage to ole steelers43.

In truth, it should be LHU_dropout43, not PSU_dropout43. LHU for Lock Haven University.

redundantman
12-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Oh dear not again ... I refuse to answer this question yet another time. I have a reputation to protect!

/Wait a minute ...

DHSF
01-02-2011, 05:41 PM
DHSF = Die Hard Steeler Fan

snarky
01-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Do I really have to?

Djfan
01-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Do I really have to?

Pony up, Pi boy!!

Dee Dub
02-18-2011, 08:40 PM

Oh I get it. Sort of like when Potsie Weber was called Dren by his secret admirer ( Joanie), in Happy Days.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: