PDA

View Full Version : Where does Pete Prisco buy his drugs?

ricardisimo
05-28-2010, 06:23 AM
They seem quite potent, based on his latest screed (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13447444/overratedunderrated-extending-a-branch-to-a-raider-and-jacobs-no-giant?tag=headlines;nfl). If the price is right, maybe... I don't know... just thinking.

Anyhow, I'm not sure what I found more disturbing: his view of Springsteen or of Polamalu.

flippy
05-28-2010, 06:36 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers

Overrated: S Troy Polamalu. Yes, he has been hurt. But that helps bring down his rating. Even when he has been on the field, he hasn't been as good as his reputation.

Underrated: RT Willie Colon. He had his best season in 2009. Some actually think he could have been a Pro Bowl player -- if right tackles were picked.

If by overrated, you mean best defensive player the NFL has ever seen, then I agree. Troy makes plays no other player could make in their dreams.

And if by underrated, you mean slow footed and can't handle speed rushers and draws too many penalty flags, I'm with you on Colon too.

ricardisimo
05-28-2010, 06:45 AM
Not to mention that if I were to pick someone on the O-line to be "underrated", it would probably be Kemoeatu, not Colon.

Preacher
05-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Troy? Over rated? What a joke. Possibly the two best safeties to ever play the game have played against each other twice a year for the last what, 5 years barring injury?

Over rated? Not even close.

Willie Colon underrated on our team? Yeah, I'll accept that. He is probably our best lineman, all said and done.

flippy
05-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Not to mention that if I were to pick someone on the O-line to be "underrated", it would probably be Kemoeatu, not Colon.

I'd say Max is underrated. He's handled some terrific pass rushers with ease. He just sometimes lacks consistency.

Kemo's a great run blocker, but he struggle with pass pro. Hopefully Pouncey will be our C very soon and be so dominant that Kemo will improve in pass pro.

SteelCrazy
05-28-2010, 07:08 AM
That guy is high...guaranteed he would fail a p!ss test.

He has Alan Faneca as overrated for the Cards...the guy was one of the best and now is 500 years old....not so sure he is overrated at this point.

Troy would be paid a fortune by every team in this league without hesitation.......

Colon is getting all the ratings he deserves.....he's good for 5 yds every game.

JTP53609
05-28-2010, 07:35 AM
polamalu cannot stay healthy as much as we would all like, but to call him overrated is very laughable and it makes the typical fan think "wow, maybe I can be an "expert" too"..
these experts are so stupid, they make mock predictions for everything now, they are never right and then they say stupid things like polamalu is overrated, he basically got us to the super bowl thanks to his best all around game of his career in the afc championship, he always plays big in the postseason and not to mention the type of guy he is, but he is called overrated. I cant stand media and experts.

MeetJoeGreene
05-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Is it coincidence that is first name is Pete and his last name rhymes with Crisco???

hawaiiansteel
05-28-2010, 11:20 PM
who would you guys vote as the Steelers most Over/Under rated players?

my vote would be: Over - Ryan Clark
Under - Rashard Mendenhall

43Hitman
05-28-2010, 11:26 PM
overrated- Ike

underrated- Heath

Sugar
05-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Overrated- Mendenhall

Underrated- Foote

ricardisimo
05-29-2010, 03:40 AM
Overrated: Ike

Underrated: Snack

Hampton gets his share of kudos, but I don't think our D is recognizable without him. Ike should be our (or any team's) No. 2 CB, not No. 1.

I was tempted to put Ben as most overrated, because I do think he's really just an above-average QB... which is all our team has needed for several decades now. O'Donnell was just above-average, and even he got us to the dance once.

stlrz d
05-29-2010, 08:22 AM
I disagree with Ike being over rated. He's the perfect CB (minus the bad hands) for LeBeau's D. If he had to line up on the LOS every snap then I would agree.

But the LeBeau cushion isn't going away, so Ike is A-OK for this D.

But of course that begs the question...if we had a guy like Revis (who's talents would be wasted in the D the way it is now) would LeBeau tweak his scheme to fit Revis' talents?

Shawn
05-29-2010, 08:50 AM
Honestly, the man has a point. Troy gets alot of hooplah and parades thrown in his honor. Yet, the man is rarely on the field for a whole season. Is he a game changer? Yes. Is he the most talented SS to ever play the game? I believe so. But, whatever this man does for his offseason work outs is not working. Every year it's something new with Troy. I love his play but he breaks my heart every season.

Polamalubeast
05-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Pete Prisco=moron :wft

RuthlessBurgher
05-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Honestly, the man has a point. Troy gets alot of hooplah and parades thrown in his honor. Yet, the man is rarely on the field for a whole season. Is he a game changer? Yes. Is he the most talented SS to ever play the game? I believe so. But, whatever this man does for his offseason work outs is not working. Every year it's something new with Troy. I love his play but he breaks my heart every season.

But all the missed time gives us concrete evidence that the defense tends to suck when he is not out there, and tends to be quite amazing when he is in there. I have no idea why this would make him overrated. Quite the opposite, I'd say.

stlrz d
05-29-2010, 09:13 PM

No workout in existence would have prevented last season's injury.

Before that fluke injury last season he had only missed 8 games in 6 seasons.

Not too shabby....

papillon
05-29-2010, 09:28 PM
The reason many people believe he is injury prone is because when he's playing the defense is very, very good and when he doesn't play they are pedestrian. So, when he misses games it seems like he misses more than he does. He's hardly overrated, in the end after he's retired and a first ballot HOFer they'll be talking about him, Lott and Reed as the standard bearers for safeties.

Pappy

stlrz d
05-29-2010, 10:24 PM
The reason many people believe he is injury prone is because when he's playing the defense is very, very good and when he doesn't play they are pedestrian. So, when he misses games it seems like he misses more than he does. He's hardly overrated, in the end after he's retired and a first ballot HOFer they'll be talking about him, Lott and Reed as the standard bearers for safeties.

Pappy

Hard to believe in 2007 some people wanted to trade him because we shut out the Seahawks while TC filled in for him, innit?

papillon
05-29-2010, 10:29 PM

Pappy

Hard to believe in 2007 some people wanted to trade him because we shut out the Seahawks while TC filled in for him, innit?

You should know by now that many Steeler fans' favorite player is the backup at any position. The backups would never miss an assignment, miss a tackle, drop a pass, throw an interception, etc. Being a backup in Pittsburgh is a pretty good gig, you play little and many fans think you're a HOFer.

Pappy

BURGH86STEEL
05-29-2010, 10:31 PM

Not too shabby....

I agree.

stlrz d
05-29-2010, 10:53 PM

Pappy

You should know by now that many Steeler fans' favorite player is the backup at any position. The backups would never miss an assignment, miss a tackle, drop a pass, throw an interception, etc. Being a backup in Pittsburgh is a pretty good gig, you play little and many fans think you're a HOFer.

Pappy

Eye Sack Red Man

Sometimes legends are made even in the pre-season! :lol:

hawaiiansteel
05-30-2010, 08:51 PM
"Overrated.

The word isn't very nice, but let's face it: There are a lot of things overrated.

There's sushi, the first snow, New Year's Eve, Bruce Springsteen, Julia Roberts and dark beers."

Prisco is obviously an idiot, dark beers are NOT overrated! :Hater

Steel Life
05-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Troy overrated?...no way! He doesn't get the same level of gushing as Ed Reed who is overrated, so let's stop that.

Overrated on our squad last season?....Ike, FWP, Santonio & Casey - yup, I said it - Casey.

Underrated...Aarron Smith - the results (or lack thereof) speak for themselves. And Ben too - I think people don't realize just how little he has to work with on the line & BA's bass-ackward play-calling. Even Hines as well...he's old, he doesn't have great physical skills, doesn't run great routes - but he's there, every year it seems getting 1000 yds & getting under the skin of the other team. People will look at Hines when he's gone & realize what a great player he really was.

SidSmythe
05-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Over-rated: Lamar Woodley: He came on w the sacks at the end of last year giving him some good numbers. But against the Run and dropping into pass coverage he's average. Don't be surprised the Steelers didn't pick up Worldis to take over for Woodley when he walks after the season.

Under-rated: Aaron Smith: Just like Troy, when he's not out there, it's a different defense.

Just Plain Sucks: William Gay

Captain Lemming
05-31-2010, 11:48 AM
"Overrated.

The word isn't very nice, but let's face it: There are a lot of things overrated.

There's sushi, the first snow, New Year's Eve, Bruce Springsteen, Julia Roberts and dark beers."

Prisco is obviously an idiot, dark beers are NOT overrated! :Hater

I think the word overrated is OVERRATED. :D

feltdizz
05-31-2010, 11:58 AM

Every season? You need to lay off the Prisco Crisco.... are you his provider?

Troy had an amazing game before the injury. There is no offseason workout that can prevent his injury last year.

Captain Lemming
05-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Troy overrated?...no way! He doesn't get the same level of gushing as Ed Reed who is overrated, so let's stop that.

DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON ED REED!!!!!

You seriously mean that just because a safety is soft, gets fewer tackles than Steeler BACKUPS do and is more likely to get smoked BY our receivers than deliver a big hit, Ed Reed is overrated?

Come on, NOBODY can sit back in coverage with no concern for run support whatsoever, and lead the league in picks like Mr. Reed can. Do NOT give me the "free" safety baloney. Steeler free safeties routinely get 20-30 more tackles than Reed.

Troy got 7 picks to Eds 9 in his last healthy season, WHILE AT THE SAME TIME is the league safety who is most likely to stop a runner in the backfield for a loss.

Head to head, Troy had a pick six AGAINST Reeds Ravens which sealed the deal in our SB run

Captain Lemming
05-31-2010, 12:23 PM
Troy had an amazing game before the injury. There is no offseason workout that can prevent his injury last year.

I almost forgot about that. Dizz, I was sayng to myself "Troy has NEVER been better" dude was everywhere in that 1st half. I had the feeling he was going to have a season like we have NEVER SEEN from a safety.

cruzer8
05-31-2010, 01:04 PM
Over-rated: Lamar Woodley: He came on w the sacks at the end of last year giving him some good numbers. But against the Run and dropping into pass coverage he's average. Don't be surprised the Steelers didn't pick up Worldis to take over for Woodley when he walks after the season.

There was a story posted about Woodley not long ago that completely disagrees with what your opinion is as far as coverage and run support.

birtikidis
05-31-2010, 01:18 PM

There was a story posted about Woodley not long ago that completely disagrees with what your opinion is as far as coverage and run support.
I would just plain disagree anyway. he played with out aaron next to him all season and then smitty's back up went down. he had a third string DE next to him and still dominated as a pass rusher. I wouldn't say he's great at pass coverage but I would say he is above average.

slashsteel
05-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Woodley overrated? :wft

Ill go with NOBODY. Because the media downplays just about every player on our roster. So why should I join their babbles?

Underrated

The Pittsburgh Steelers we are coming for you boy !!!!!

yeah I am a homer so sue me.

Shawn
05-31-2010, 11:52 PM

Not too shabby....

I suppose. Sometimes I speak out of emotion on a subject. When Troy goes down my heart just sinks. I know he is a deal breaker for our D. And yes, I believe him to be the best to ever play the game.

Shawn
05-31-2010, 11:55 PM

Agreed Woodley is a top 5 OLB in the NFL. He is an absolute beast. We could always go back to the days of Haggan and see if the OLB is just a system glory position.

Oviedo
06-01-2010, 07:43 AM

Under-rated: Aaron Smith: Just like Troy, when he's not out there, it's a different defense.

Highly unlikely they let Woodley walk especially with a real question about Harrison and why he only had 2 sacks over the final eight games. Worilds was brought in to eventually replace Harrison. Unless the CBA radiacally changes things, Woodley will be able to be tagged for at least a couple more seasons.

Truly underrated: Lawrence Timmons. The guy is third on the team is sacks, second in forced fumbles, covers like a safety, etc and no matter what he does is not enough.

RuthlessBurgher
06-01-2010, 12:17 PM

Highly unlikely they let Woodley walk especially with a real question about Harrison and why he only had 2 sacks over the final eight games. Worilds was brought in to eventually replace Harrison. Unless the CBA radiacally changes things, Woodley will be able to be tagged for at least a couple more seasons.

Truly underrated: Lawrence Timmons. The guy is third on the team is sacks, second in forced fumbles, covers like a safety, etc and no matter what he does is not enough.

You constantly mention how Harrison had only 2 sacks over the final 8 games. I've never heard you mention how Woodley had only 2 sacks in the first 8 games (both of which were against Detroit, by the way).

lvsteelersfan
06-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Troy got injured last year on a fluke play. He was making another of his fantastic dives on a play he shouldn't have even been in the game. Special teams is for special teamers, not your star player. That was just stupid on the coaching staff's part having him in there on a field goal play. Just plain stupid. :wft Troy is rather wreckless the way he throws his body around, but he is by far one of the best defensive players in the game today. He makes players like Farrior and Foote look better than they are. BTW, slow of Foote is in no way underrated. If Troy is not behind him he is pretty much toast against a fast RB that makes it past the first level.

ricardisimo
06-02-2010, 05:35 AM
Troy got injured last year on a fluke play. He was making another of his fantastic dives on a play he shouldn't have even been in the game. Special teams is for special teamers, not your star player. That was just stupid on the coaching staff's part having him in there on a field goal play. Just plain stupid. :wft Troy is rather wreckless the way he throws his body around, but he is by far one of the best defensive players in the game today. He makes players like Farrior and Foote look better than they are. BTW, slow of Foote is in no way underrated. If Troy is not behind him he is pretty much toast against a fast RB that makes it past the first level.
I'm not sure I agree with you on this. I suspect that FG defense is treated like a slightly peculiar defensive situation, and not like a Kickoff or punt ("true" special teams plays). Pick any team in the league during any game, and hit pause during a FG attempt. I'm pretty sure you'll find their defensive starters on the field, or at least something like their nickle package.

ricardisimo
06-03-2010, 05:42 AM
Evidently Prisco is sharing his stash with Kirwan at NFL.com, who posted his list of who will and who won't make the HoF of current players. While having two Ravens as "locks" he has Troy as "Close, but not confirmed", and doubts that Hines will make it at all:

May come up short

1. Hines Ward, WR, Steelers: After 12 seasons, 895 receptions and 78 touchdowns may leave him short. Ward is solid and durable but has never been a true No. 1 receiver.

Oh, and he completely disses Harrison, too.

Pass the bowl, Pat.

stlrz d
06-03-2010, 07:45 AM
http://therunningmannow.com/site/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Breaking-Bad-Wallpaper-3.jpg

I found Prisco's hook up!

Btw, we should start calling him Procto instead of Prisco...because we all know where his head is. :lol:

papillon
06-03-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm not sure I agree with you on this. I suspect that FG defense is treated like a slightly peculiar defensive situation, and not like a Kickoff or punt ("true" special teams plays). Pick any team in the league during any game, and hit pause during a FG attempt. I'm pretty sure you'll find their defensive starters on the field, or at least something like their nickle package.

Yea, you need some play makers out there in case of the fake, I suppose. The more I've thought about it, the more I don't mind having Troy on the field as much as possible.

Pappy