PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about SteelersFever now?

ricardisimo
05-28-2010, 03:53 AM
I noticed that my fellow refugees from Steelersfever.com have all been posting on their migration in the Steelers forum, when clearly they should be showing PlanetSteelers a tad more respect and posting in the Whatever Else There Is in the World Besides the Steelers sub-forum.

Anyhow, the new (or is it old?) owner of SteelersFever - Matthew - finally logged on and posted the following:

Hello,
Yes Steelers Fever is introducing paid membership system. At this time this is mistake from Developers. They implemented system for testing without informing me.
They need 24 hours to test system that is why all folks get this problem. Apologize for inconvenience. I request to all of users to cooperate with us.

Paid membership is not too much expensive. Its in rang of users. For your convenience we also added different packages, so you can choose that is good and according to your needs.

Steeler Fever is good community just help it to grow. As you all know we need support of our members, as this community is because of you and for you. As soon as we tested system successfully I will notify to folks about future plan. At this time I just want to request you for cooperation.

Thanks

Many AT&T Customer Service, Apu and all-syrup Squishee jokes followed. I normally frown on that sort of behavior... but this time I think it's safe to say they had it coming.

Many thanks to PlanetSteelers for welcoming us, and for agreeing to waive my $45 entrance fee.

ricardisimo
05-28-2010, 04:02 AM
"They suck bad word"?

This forum is going to take some getting used to, I can see.

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 04:13 AM
I noticed that my fellow refugees from Steelersfever.com have all been posting on their migration in the Steelers forum, when clearly they should be showing PlanetSteelers a tad more respect and posting in the Whatever Else There Is in the World Besides the Steelers sub-forum.

Under normal circumstances, I would agree with you. But this isn't a normal circumstance. With so many new members flooding Planet Steelers at once, I'm sure the existing members are curious about what's going on. The Steelers section is the most-read section of any Steelers forum, so we entered in a place that was most-likely to be seen. We didn't want to sneak in the backdoor. And we've kept it to a few threads rather than each former SF member creating their own thread.

The Planet Steelers community so far has been very understanding of our situation. And I don't think we've done anything to disrespect them or their wonderful forum.

Preacher
05-28-2010, 04:37 AM

Under normal circumstances, I would agree with you. But this isn't a normal circumstance. With so many new members flooding Planet Steelers at once, I'm sure the existing members are curious about what's going on. The Steelers section is the most-read section of any Steelers forum, so we entered in a place that was most-likely to be seen. We didn't want to sneak in the backdoor. And we've kept it to a few threads rather than each former SF member creating their own thread.

The Planet Steelers community so far has been very gracious and understanding of our situation. And I don't think we've done anything to disrespect them or their wonderful forum.

Yeah.. but you have to remember, this is just another day on a forum board for them. So it is probably best if we don't clutter up the boards here, post in wrong forums, and generally make it feel more like an infestation than a joining.

You're right though, they have been quite gracious. It'd be good for SF refugees to kinda self police for a while... just until we get the hang of this board and add too instead of disrupting it. Remember how we felt when others would come and do that at SF?

MasterOfPuppets
05-28-2010, 05:11 AM
i'm sure the rules here are probably pretty much the same as they were at SF so it shouldn't be a problem conforming to the board. if you don't know the rules and if its not defined in the COC, i'm sure a moderator or a veteran poster would be happy to answer a question.

silver & black
05-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Do the good folks here at Planet Steelers have room for a Raiders fan?

I see this is where most of you that I know from SF have gone. I'll just lay low and get a feeling for this place before I dive in... if I'm welcome here. :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
05-28-2010, 08:01 AM
"They suck bad word"?

The funniest is reading articles with "Bad Word Lebeau".

Personally, I liked the word filter at the old triblive better - it was "Wickerbasket" Lebeau.

flippy
05-28-2010, 08:30 AM
"They suck bad word"?

The funniest is reading articles with "Bad Word Lebeau".

Personally, I liked the word filter at the old triblive better - it was "Wickerbasket" Lebeau.

That and jelly beans cracked me up everytime.

For the SF folks, it's fairly lax since most everyone is good natured around here. How long were yinz on the SF site? Sounds like some folks had a lot of posts over there similar to the old trib board.

venom
05-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Just wanted to say hello..................HELLO !!!!! :Beer

RuthlessBurgher
05-28-2010, 09:09 AM

I see this is where most of you that I know from SF have gone. I'll just lay low and get a feeling for this place before I dive in... if I'm welcome here. :lol:

Some fans of other teams can be real bastages that only want to start trouble. They don't last.

However, we have a few fans of other teams that are good guys that want to come here and just talk football like rational fans, and they are always welcome (such as Bengal fan Jom112 and Chiefs fan HardlinerKC). As long as you belong to the latter category and not the former, you likely have found a new home to post. Welcome!

Dino 6 Rings
05-28-2010, 11:52 AM

I'm from the Fever, and I support this raiders fan. Pretty good poster.

flippy
05-28-2010, 12:12 PM
[quote="silver & black":3l7bjosq]Do the good folks here at Planet Steelers have room for a Raiders fan?

I'm from the Fever, and I support this raiders fan. Pretty good poster.[/quote:3l7bjosq]

We'll probably still rag on him even if we do respect him.

pepsyman1
05-28-2010, 12:29 PM
For the SF folks, it's fairly lax since most everyone is good natured around here. How long were yinz on the SF site? Sounds like some folks had a lot of posts over there similar to the old trib board.

Hey Flippy
I was at SF for a couple of years, but wasn't a huge poster..about 300 posts in that time. But some of the others (Preacher, tony hipchest, HomeTownGal, Dino 6 and others) have been there for years and have had many thousands of posts.

Dino 6 Rings
05-28-2010, 12:46 PM

Hey Flippy
I was at SF for a couple of years, but wasn't a huge poster..about 300 posts in that time. But some of the others (Preacher, tony hipchest, HomeTownGal, Dino 6 and others) have been there for years and have had many thousands of posts.

Yeah, I was up near 7900 as of yesterday. I loved posting there and built a good relationship with some of the other posters, even if we disagreed on things, politics, the OC, the playcalling on Defense, or the color of the moon, it was a lot of fun over the years to just debate and chat and talk and hear other points of views.

Now its like changing schools, I got to get to know everyone again.

silver & black
05-28-2010, 01:34 PM

Some fans of other teams can be real bastages that only want to start trouble. They don't last.

However, we have a few fans of other teams that are good guys that want to come here and just talk football like rational fans, and they are always welcome (such as Bengal fan Jom112 and Chiefs fan HardlinerKC). As long as you belong to the latter category and not the former, you likely have found a new home to post. Welcome![/quote]

I'm not here to start trouble. I keep tabs on the Steelers because most of my friends are Steelers fans... and so is my own mother :( .

I've been a Raiders fan for 43 years, and I love the rivalry that once was. I hope it can be rekindled. Thanks for taking in the SF crowd... they're a good bunch.

silver & black
05-28-2010, 01:35 PM

However, we have a few fans of other teams that are good guys that want to come here and just talk football like rational fans, and they are always welcome (such as Bengal fan Jom112 and Chiefs fan HardlinerKC). As long as you belong to the latter category and not the former, you likely have found a new home to post. Welcome![/quote]

I'm not here to start trouble. I keep tabs on the Steelers because most of my friends are Steelers fans... and so is my own mother :( .

I've been a Raiders fan for 43 years, and I love the rivalry that once was. I hope it can be rekindled. Thanks for taking in the SF crowd... they're a good bunch.

Prok
05-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Hell it seems like a smooth transition for me. I was only coming up on 1,000 posts at SF. I've been on MB's for years and the only probs i've ever had have usually just been with those posters who think their post count makes them legends. lol

Wallace108
05-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Hell it seems like a smooth transition for me. I was only coming up on 1,000 posts at SF. I've been on MB's for years and the only probs i've ever had have usually just been with those posters who think their post count makes them legends. lol

Settle down, newbie. :lol:

SteelersinCA
05-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Ric hates America, back on ignore.

flippy
05-28-2010, 04:14 PM

Just cause we're nice doesn't mean we're not legends (in our own minds). :Beer

MACH1
05-28-2010, 05:19 PM
:lol:

This is going to take a lil getting use to the new lay out. Seems like a pretty good place so far.

costanza2k1
05-28-2010, 05:27 PM

No problem with a Raiders' fan. My brother in law and some of my best friends are Raiders fans. Of course here in CA you find a lot of them. If you're as die hard (typical CA Raider fan) as them then I congratulate you on winning another off season SB!

43Hitman
05-28-2010, 05:37 PM

ALLD
05-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Is this what it feels like to be traded?

Prok
05-28-2010, 05:46 PM

Settle down, newbie. :lol:

:Clap

Oh ye with 2 more current posts than me. I shall hopefully catch you by next year.

:tt2

ricardisimo
05-28-2010, 05:52 PM
D'Oh! :oops:

ricardisimo
05-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Wow... 50 people have joined since me already, and I joined late, only after others said they were coming here. Talk about a mass exodus.

Is Tony here yet? He's going to be last out the door, just wait and see.

ALLD
05-28-2010, 06:38 PM
I don't want to make any analogies to the Phoenix Cardinals, but....

43Hitman
05-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Wow... 50 people have joined since me already, and I joined late, only after others said they were coming here. Talk about a mass exodus.

Is Tony here yet? He's going to be last out the door, just wait and see.

Well since he has the highest post count of all of us, he has to stay behind and turn off the lights, eat the leftover's and drink the skunky Iron City before he can join up.

Back on ignore ric! :Cheers

Preacher
05-28-2010, 09:02 PM

HEY!!!

I DIDN'T RING UP 21,000 + Posts just for the fun of it. I PROVED I WAS A LEGEND WITH MY POST COUNT!

:Hater

http://felfire.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/sarcasm.jpg :lol:

stillers4me
05-28-2010, 10:47 PM
[quote="silver & black":20ltvlhl]Do the good folks here at Planet Steelers have room for a Raiders fan?

However, we have a few fans of other teams that are good guys that want to come here and just talk football like rational fans, and they are always welcome (such as Bengal fan Jom112 and Chiefs fan HardlinerKC). As long as you belong to the latter category and not the former, you likely have found a new home to post. Welcome![/quote:20ltvlhl]

I've been a Raiders fan for 43 years, and I love the rivalry that once was. I hope it can be rekindled. Thanks for taking in the SF crowd... they're a good bunch.[/quote:20ltvlhl][/quote:20ltvlhl]

I can vouch for S&B. But then you don't know me either. :D

Preacher...... we are now known as "the former Living Legends".

Ricardisimo....you screwed up. Your very first poll on our new site and you forgot the most important poll choice :nono .......The Patriots* suck and Tom Brady is gay.

Preacher
05-28-2010, 11:13 PM
[quote="silver & black":ezyrw9p7]Do the good folks here at Planet Steelers have room for a Raiders fan?

However, we have a few fans of other teams that are good guys that want to come here and just talk football like rational fans, and they are always welcome (such as Bengal fan Jom112 and Chiefs fan HardlinerKC). As long as you belong to the latter category and not the former, you likely have found a new home to post. Welcome![/quote:ezyrw9p7]

I've been a Raiders fan for 43 years, and I love the rivalry that once was. I hope it can be rekindled. Thanks for taking in the SF crowd... they're a good bunch.[/quote:ezyrw9p7]

I can vouch for S&B. But then you don't know me either. :D

Preacher...... we are now known as "the former Living Legends".

Ricardisimo....you screwed up. Your very first poll on our new site and you forgot the most important poll choice :nono .......The Patriots* suck and Tom Brady is gay.[/quote:ezyrw9p7]

Classic!

urgle burgle
05-29-2010, 01:34 AM

now that......is funny.

ricardisimo
05-29-2010, 01:53 AM

now that......is funny.
Welcome urgle, welcome all. How do you like our new digs?

ricardisimo
05-29-2010, 01:55 AM
By the way, I'm changing my own vote to "They suck bad word." I like that so much I might just put it in my sig as well.

Vincent
05-29-2010, 10:54 AM
I voted "Ric, why do you hate America" because that's my job. :Cheers

ricardisimo
05-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Hey Vinny. Some shenanigans, huh? How do you opine? I haven't heard anything from you during Entropy Days.

Vincent
05-29-2010, 11:24 AM
Hey Vinny. Some shenanigans, huh? How do you opine? I haven't heard anything from you during Entropy Days.

I'll say several things that probably won't be very popular.

First, If Mike owned the board, it was his prerogative to sell it. And it is the prerogative of the buyer to do whatever they want to with it. Doesn't have to make sense or be popular.

Second, the behavior of "some" posters in the wake of the Apocalypse demonstrates the need for mods. Frankly I was surprised, but then again, why would that be surprising.

All that said, the reactions are understandable. I posted my requisite finger wagging.

Hey, its an Internet board. Let's not make more of this than is appropriate.

Vincent
05-29-2010, 11:37 AM
... How do you like our new digs?

Hard to say. Too early in the game.

I will say this. I like the black surround vs white. More "Steelerish". Also, for those energy conscious folks among us, the dark surround is ecofriendly, if spending hours staring at a screen can be at all ecofriendly. :lol:

:Boobs Wondering what relevance this particular "smilie" could have to anything that might be discussed here, but I'm confident that someone will work it in.

SteelCityMom
05-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Glad you've all let us into your site with open arms! Sucks that SF had to go downhill the way it did, but the meltdown is hilarious. Looking forward to lots of great discussions here!

stillers4me
05-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Good to see you, Mom!

ALLD
05-29-2010, 03:55 PM
First, If Mike owned the board, it was his prerogative to sell it. And it is the prerogative of the buyer to do whatever they want to with it. Doesn't have to make sense or be popular.

Second, the behavior of "some" posters in the wake of the Apocalypse demonstrates the need for mods. Frankly I was surprised, but then again, why would that be surprising.

All that said, the reactions are understandable. I posted my requisite finger wagging.

Hey, its an Internet board. Let's not make more of this than is appropriate.[/quote]
We don't blame the new owner for buying the website or for trying to make money. However, his intent was dubious and intellect transparently short from a mile away are what pissed some people off.

Prok
05-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Glad you've all let us into your site with open arms! Sucks that SF had to go downhill the way it did, but the meltdown is hilarious. Looking forward to lots of great discussions here!

SCM great to see you here !! I think i haven't seen you since we shared a laugh or 2 in the Ben thread.

I shotgunned my way to 1,000 posts then rode off in the sunset. LOL

Vincent
05-29-2010, 05:19 PM
[i]We don't blame the new owner for buying the website or for trying to make money. However, his intent was dubious and intellect transparently short from a mile away are what pissed some people off.

It pissed me off too. They're, how you people say, nooshdozzles. :moon

Godfather
05-29-2010, 06:19 PM
It sucks and the new owner is gay.

Wallace108
05-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Tom Brady now owns SF? That explains it ...

ALLD
05-29-2010, 07:41 PM
When is the eulogy?

ricardisimo
05-29-2010, 08:26 PM
He sucks bad word.

Prok
05-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Well i just changed my vote to they suck big donkey _____. Getting a life-time ban will do that to a guy. lol

Wallace108
05-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Well i just changed my vote to they suck big donkey _____. Getting a life-time ban will do that to a guy. lol
You got a life-time ban? LOL...
What happened? Did your 1,000 post party get out of control? http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/extra3/dancing222.gif
Prok, you crack me up ...

ricardisimo
05-31-2010, 04:42 AM
Wait a second... I just peeked over at SF and saw Preacher's posting at will like before... did they rescind the bans? Not that I care, mind you, but it would be curious to see just how desperate they get to lure people back.

Godfather
05-31-2010, 02:42 PM
They have 116 guests online right now. Must be a lot of people peeking in to see/enjoy the trainwreck.

I think they cleaned up the mess though and it's not very active. I haven't even gotten an infraction point yet in spite of violating every rule except inappropriate avatar.

ricardisimo
05-31-2010, 03:06 PM
They have 116 guests online right now. Must be a lot of people peeking in to see/enjoy the trainwreck.

I think they cleaned up the mess though and it's not very active. I haven't even gotten an infraction point yet in spite of violating every rule except inappropriate avatar.
But I distinctly remember Preacher saying he had to try now to get his wife banned as well... and yet he was posting there yesterday. Did I imagine that?

Like I said, it doesn't really matter, except that it would be interesting to see just how desperate the new owners are to try to fix their problem. To think that they are somehow going to win Preach over, after making his stance quite clear, is delusional, I would say.

NCSteeler
06-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Seems my IP is already banned at the NEW board. Funny , I never did anything 1/4 as bad as the defecting SF legends did.

PS SF sucks for the way they treated the long time posters. Anyone who thinks people will pay to use internet forums is a joke.

Prok
06-02-2010, 02:05 PM
You got a life-time ban? LOL...
What happened? Did your 1,000 post party get out of control? http://www.pushupstairs.com/images/emoticon/extra3/dancing222.gif
Prok, you crack me up ...

Beats me. I can't even register a different name.

Looking back, i DID start a thread spamming PlanetSteelers. That was right before i went on my shotgun to 1,000 barrage. lol

urgle burgle
06-02-2010, 04:54 PM

now that......is funny.
Welcome urgle, welcome all. How do you like our new digs?

not too shabby....glad to have you aboard too ric!