PDA

View Full Version : Kirwan's NFL rankings

PSU_dropout43
05-26-2010, 12:41 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8184857e&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

Here is Kirwan's list:

Tier 1

Indianapolis Colts

New Orleans Saints

Minnesota Vikings

Dallas Cowboys

San Diego Chargers

Green Bay Packers

Tier 2

New York Jets

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

New York Giants

New England Patriots

San Francisco 49ers

Tier 3

Philadelphia Eagles

Arizona Cardinals

Atlanta Falcons

Pittsburgh Steelers: If Ben Roethlisberger is going to serve his full six-game suspension, then this team drops to Tier 4. I know the Steelers have a lot of pride and the defense and running game will be the focal points until Roethlisberger returns. But Pittsburgh still has issues at cornerback, and the Ravens and Bengals will go after the Steelers with their ramped up passing attacks.

Miami Dolphins

Washington Redskins

Tier 4

Houston Texans

Tennessee Titans

Chicago Bears

Carolina Panthers

Seattle Seahawks

Denver Broncos

Tier 5

Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders

Cleveland Browns

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Detroit Lions

Buffalo Bills

St. Louis Rams

Oviedo
05-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Meaningless. All you have to do is look at the 49ers being a level above the Steelers to realize how ridiculous this is. How long have pundits been trying to make the 49ers relevant gain?

SteelAbility
05-26-2010, 01:14 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8184857e&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Here is Kirwan's list:

Tier 1

Indianapolis Colts

New Orleans Saints

Minnesota Vikings

Dallas Cowboys

San Diego Chargers

Green Bay Packers

Tier 2

New York Jets

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

New York Giants

New England Patriots

San Francisco 49ers

Tier 3

Philadelphia Eagles

Arizona Cardinals

Atlanta Falcons

Pittsburgh Steelers: If Ben Roethlisberger is going to serve his full six-game suspension, then this team drops to Tier 4. I know the Steelers have a lot of pride and the defense and running game will be the focal points until Roethlisberger returns. But Pittsburgh still has issues at cornerback, and the Ravens and Bengals will go after the Steelers with their ramped up passing attacks.

Miami Dolphins

Washington Redskins

Tier 4

Houston Texans

Tennessee Titans

Chicago Bears

Carolina Panthers

Seattle Seahawks

Denver Broncos

Tier 5

Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders

Cleveland Browns

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Detroit Lions

Buffalo Bills

St. Louis Rams

I would say the Cowboys are Tier II. They got absolutely drubbed by the Vikes in the 09 playoffs. That's not Tier I versus Tier I. With Chris Jenkins back and other upgrades, the Jets have got to be Tier I, quite possibly top 4.

Giants are Tier II???? :wft They finished last year being tied to the whipping post. They're a low Tier III if you ask me.

With Ben we're a Low I/High II. Without Ben, I'd say we're a Low II/High III. But that's FOR THE DURATION OF THE SUSPENSION. For the aggregate season, I'd say we're a High II. But in the playoffs, with Ben, we're a Mid to High I.

ramblinjim
05-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Tier I, Tier II, whatever. When it's all said and done the NFL is so hard to predict from year to year, it's inevitable that one of those Tier IV or even Tier V teams will push for a playoff spot and one of the Tier I or Tier II teams will be terrible.

At this time last year, no one guessed the Steelers would be a middle of the road team or the Saints would be the Superbowl champs.

fordfixer
05-27-2010, 12:09 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8184857e&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Here is Kirwan's list:

Tier 1

Indianapolis Colts

New Orleans Saints

Minnesota Vikings

Dallas Cowboys

San Diego Chargers

Green Bay Packers

Tier 2

New York Jets

Baltimore Ravens

Cincinnati Bengals

New York Giants

New England Patriots

San Francisco 49ers

Tier 3

Philadelphia Eagles

Arizona Cardinals

Atlanta Falcons

Miami Dolphins

Washington Redskins

Tier 4

Houston Texans

Tennessee Titans

Chicago Bears

Carolina Panthers

Seattle Seahawks

Denver Broncos

Tier 5

Kansas City Chiefs

Oakland Raiders

Cleveland Browns

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Detroit Lions

Buffalo Bills

St. Louis Rams

He must not have heard about the new Jiga baby yet :tt1 :lol: :lol:

Shawn
05-27-2010, 01:46 AM
I absolutely love when the Steelers role into a season as the underdogs. This team has so much pride...and they play well with a huge chip on their collective shoulders.

10-6...peak late...another SB. :tt2

hawaiiansteel
05-27-2010, 02:04 AM
I absolutely love when the Steelers role into a season as the underdogs. This team has so much pride...and they play well with a huge chip on their collective shoulders.

Vegas is currently listing us at 20-1 odds... :tt2

AngryAsian
05-27-2010, 02:44 AM

My brother lives in Vegas and I just had him put a 100 bones on the Black and Gold. How nice it will be when I collect!!!

:Beer :Beer :Beer

Shawn
05-27-2010, 03:20 AM

Yeah, I like them odds. I'll have to place a bet.

DukieBoy
05-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Interesting read for so early in the Pre-preseason.
So, what are his rankings for daytime TV talk shows? Is Rachael "Tier 1"? What are the odds that Maury is the father of one of those women's children?

RuthlessBurgher
05-27-2010, 03:18 PM

My brother lives in Vegas and I just had him put a 100 bones on the Black and Gold. How nice it will be when I collect!!!

:Beer :Beer :Beer

When I was in Vegas for the first time last January, I saw a guy on the strip near the New York New York who looked remarkably like you. I simply attributed to the fact that round-eyes like me tend to think all you Asian-folk look the same. :x :lol:

For what it's worth, my first experience gambling on football was ruined by the Colts losing to the Chargers in OT that weekend, killing the parlay I made with a Cardinal victory over the Falcons.

flippy
05-27-2010, 05:13 PM
Houston, Ten, Oakland, and Cleveland will all push for playoff spots this year and they're in the tiers 4 and 5. Kirwan's on crack.

I'm ok with where we are based on Ben's issues. Can't fault him too much for that even though he's so wrong.

RuthlessBurgher
05-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Houston, Ten, Oakland, and Cleveland will all push for playoff spots this year and they're in the tiers 4 and 5. Kirwan's on crack.

I'm ok with where we are based on Ben's issues. Can't fault him too much for that even though he's so wrong.

Oakland? :shock:

CLEVELAND??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

:brownssuck

Polamalubeast
05-29-2010, 02:03 PM
With a healthy defensive, I trust that the steelers will have a very good season.

The only thing he could not help it if Lefwitch plays very badly.

But if it is correct, I think the steelers will seem to hurt the media! :mrgreen:

After a 6-10 season in 2003, nobody believed in us in 2004, but the steelers were 15-1! :tt2 :P

ALLD
05-29-2010, 08:17 PM
First, all out of town writers must put down the 1970s Steelers as the best of all time. Then they can proceed with their annual speculations.

silver & black
05-29-2010, 10:41 PM

Well... you have more confidence in my team than I do...lol.

Things are looking better than they have for the past 7 years, but, it still needs to happen on the field. We shall see.