PDA

View Full Version : Ben Plays In Charity Golf Tournament w/ Hines, Max, Hoge

hawaiiansteel
05-19-2010, 05:38 PM
Roethlisberger Plays In Charity Golf Tournament

CANONSBURG (KDKA) ?

Ben Roethlisberger participated in a celebrity golf tournament Monday to help raise money for the Highmark Caring Place.

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/20/2010/05/17/175x131/ben_roethlisberger.jpg

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger played golf today to help raise money for charity.

This is one of the few public appearances that Roethlisberger has made since he was accused of sexually assaulting a woman in Georgia.

He joined his teammates Hines Ward and Max Starks, as well as former Steeler, Merril Hoge for the 16th Annual Celebrity Golf Classic for Children today.

"Now it's about working on how to get things back on the right track. Having him out here today, I'm glad to have him out here. Like I said, the suspension is what it is, but life isn't over for him. You have to go on and deal with the consequences and coming out today is the first step of many," Ward said.

The tournament at Southpointe Golf Club is to support grieving children through the Highmark Caring Place.

Last week, Roethlisberger completed his behavioral assessment that was mandated by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

There is still no word on when he could return to practice with his teammates.
( MMX, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

http://kdka.com/local/roethlisberger.go ... 98699.html (http://kdka.com/local/roethlisberger.golf.tournament.2.1698699.html)

skyhawk
05-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Finally some good news. Or some news with nothing bad in it! :tt2

Or did Ben throw a golf club like Bobby Knight in a tantrum? :lol:

SteelAbility
05-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Phew! For a second there I was worried this tournament was at Lake Tahoe Resort. :P

birtikidis
05-20-2010, 03:28 PM
wonder how the crowd responded to him...

RuthlessBurgher
05-20-2010, 03:45 PM

Perhaps they whispered "She said no" in a low-toned golf voice. :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
05-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Which of the following was overheard in Ben's foursome on the golf course?

a. You're a lot of woman, you know that? Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

b. Oh, this your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must've been something before electricity.

c. Oh Mrs. Crane, you're a little monkey woman. Yeah, you're lean, mean, and I bet you're not too far in between are ya. How'd you like to wrap your spikes around my...

d. I was born to love you...I was born to lick your face...I was born to rub you...but you were born to rub me first.

e. You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body.

f. Wait up, girls...I got a salami I gotta hide still.

g. Will you come loofah my stretch marks?

h. I smell varmint poontang.

i. I almost got head from Amelia Earhart!

j. Hey everybody, we're all gonna get laid.

k. IT'S IN THE HOLE!

l. All of the above.

SteelAbility
05-20-2010, 04:45 PM
Which of the following was overheard in Ben's foursome on the golf course?

a. You're a lot of woman, you know that? Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

b. Oh, this your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must've been something before electricity.

c. Oh Mrs. Crane, you're a little monkey woman. Yeah, you're lean, mean, and I bet you're not too far in between are ya. How'd you like to wrap your spikes around my...

d. I was born to love you...I was born to lick your face...I was born to rub you...but you were born to rub me first.

e. You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body.

f. Wait up, girls...I got a salami I gotta hide still.

g. Will you come loofah my stretch marks?

h. I smell varmint poontang.

i. I almost got head from Amelia Earhart!

j. Hey everybody, we're all gonna get laid.

k. IT'S IN THE HOLE!

l. All of the above.

l. All of the above.

But this was also overheard ... " ... and then they all took my shots!"

Eddie Spaghetti
05-20-2010, 05:07 PM
it's easy to grin
when you're ship comes in
and you've got the stock market beat.
but the man worthwhile
is the man who can smile
when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

feltdizz
05-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Another story/rumor about Ben....

Arnold Palmer has a benefit at his course and Ben plays in it...
a few days or weeks later Ben calls up Arnold and ask him if he can play a round with his friends and Arnold says sure. These kids are following Ben trying to get his autograph and Ben was rude and brushed them off.

They were Arnold Palmers grandkids... Doh!!! No more golf at Arnold's course...

While it's not a scandal the story is kinda funny.

cruzer8
05-20-2010, 10:43 PM

a few days or weeks later Ben calls up Arnold and ask him if he can play a round with his friends and Arnold says sure. These kids are following Ben trying to get his autograph and Ben was rude and brushed them off.

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story ... ger/23443/ (http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/wreckless-reporting-going-around-about-ben-roethlisberger/23443/)

feltdizz
05-20-2010, 11:46 PM

http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story ... ger/23443/ (http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/wreckless-reporting-going-around-about-ben-roethlisberger/23443/)

See what I did there :Cheers

cruzer8
05-20-2010, 11:59 PM
Yes I see what you did there. You once again proved that you are completely lacking anything that passes for intelligence.

SteelBucks
05-21-2010, 07:27 AM

Ward said in an interview that he didn't hear anything negative.

proudpittsburgher
05-21-2010, 08:10 AM
kinda agree with Cruzer here. If yuo walk into a bar and say . . .

"I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard that Ben Roethlisberger spit on a guy who just got shot on liberty avenue because he was wearing a Santonio Holmes jersey" . . .

which part of the story are you going to remember?

It's irresponsible for these idiots to spout off second, and sometimes third-hand knowlege before checking it out first, but that's where the business has gone, so it's fine by them. Get it out first and check and see if it's true later.

Northern_Blitz
05-21-2010, 08:35 AM
kinda agree with Cruzer here. If yuo walk into a bar and say . . .

"I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard that Ben Roethlisberger spit on a guy who just got shot on liberty avenue because he was wearing a Santonio Holmes jersey" . . .

which part of the story are you going to remember?

It's irresponsible for these idiots to spout off second, and sometimes third-hand knowlege before checking it out first, but that's where the business has gone, so it's fine by them. Get it out first and check and see if it's true later.

+1 Isn't that what Libel is? Or does he get off because he says "we don't know if this is true". It's certainly irresponsible.