PDA

View Full Version : styx

birtikidis
05-14-2010, 02:26 PM
they're showing a thing on the steelers using Renegade during steeler games...
NFLN pretty damn cool

frankthetank1
05-14-2010, 04:13 PM
NFLN pretty damn cool

i just saw it too. it was pretty cool to learn how it came to be the anthem of the steelers

birtikidis
05-14-2010, 04:16 PM
NFLN pretty damn cool

i just saw it too. it was pretty cool to learn how it came to be the anthem of the steelers
i missed about half of it.. i'm gonna try to catch the other half when it re airs

flippy
05-14-2010, 04:31 PM
It was on ESPN too a while back, so you may be able to see it re-air there too. Cool show.

RuthlessBurgher
05-14-2010, 06:16 PM
NFLN pretty damn cool

i missed about half of it.. i'm gonna try to catch the other half when it re airs

Why wait?

[youtube:2z6zxvzz]zpY4k0yT0qo[/youtube:2z6zxvzz]

birtikidis
05-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Ruthless you're awesome.

will you be my friend...?

birtikidis
05-14-2010, 07:39 PM
I would like to find a video of that without the crowd noise. that way i can get teh guy at the bar to put it up on the projector before the game.

Djfan
05-14-2010, 10:50 PM
I thought I heard them play it for game 5 of the Pens/Habs series. Was anyone there who can confirm or refute that?

Steel Life
05-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Wasn't there some thought to changing it recently or am I remembering a thread?

Anyway, given the recent issues of Ben & the owner's concern over the team's reputation, is it time to try out another anthem? Maybe "Rehab" by Amy Winehouse... :lol:

Seriously though what about newer tunes?

NJ-STEELER
05-14-2010, 11:18 PM
I thought I heard them play it for game 5 of the Pens/Habs series. Was anyone there who can confirm or refute that?

yeah

they definately played it game 5

IIRC game 7 too

SanAntonioSteelerFan
05-16-2010, 10:29 PM
NFLN pretty damn cool

Why wait?

[youtube:21yw2kho]zpY4k0yT0qo[/youtube:21yw2kho]

Thank you Ruth!! I was feeling sad that I wouldn't get to see it and .. .voila!! THere it was!

I remember seeing a youtube of the crowd just before the DT Dallas interception. They played it, crowd went BESERK, Romo threw, DT pic'd, DT scored, we went to the Superbowl. That's all she wrote!!

Thanks again Ruth!!

RuthlessBurgher
05-17-2010, 08:08 AM
Here is the video I took myself at the Steelers-Chargers playoff game (the one where Styx was there for the first time to see the phenomenon for themselves...you can see Tommy Shaw's reaction on the Jumbotron as I start panning out to show the crowd).

[youtube:14xute6p]irWFrU7LjWw[/youtube:14xute6p]

birtikidis
05-17-2010, 11:55 AM
I would love to hear what other teams think when that song comes on... "oh sh!t, it's that damn REO Speedwagon song... dammit who the F*CK listens to this sh!t anymore"

RuthlessBurgher
05-17-2010, 12:07 PM
I would love to hear what other teams think when that song comes on... "oh sh!t, it's that damn REO Speedwagon song... dammit who the F*CK listens to this sh!t anymore"

That's what stlrz_d says!

Lonbull
05-19-2010, 02:05 AM
Thanks for the link to Youtube!