PDA

View Full Version : New Signs For Steelers Home Games

flippy
05-12-2010, 09:47 AM
With all the drama, I'm counting on Pittsburghers coming up with some creative new signs to take to the games this year.

I suggest we have a contest and someone makes and takes the best/funniest sign to the PlanetSteelers tailgate this year.

Here's some suggestions:

1. Hey Ben! Kennywood's open!

2. Ben Committed to Psycho Ward

3. Beware of Big Ben Rotty in the Potty

4. Jordan's the only safe Staal as long as Ben's in Pittsburgh

5. Looking for someone over 21 to buy me drinks

6. All My B!tches, Take My Shots (1 of you can dress up as a Patron bottle and hold the sign and the rest of you can dress up like dogs and follow the Patron bottle around)

7. Buying Drinks for Minors is Better than Smoking Weed

8. The $102M Mistake

9. Boycot Ben

10. College Girls are Easy

11. What's Wrong with the Girls at Pitt?

12. Stay Away From My Daughter

It'd be cool if the entire stadium got silent and turned their backs to the field on the minute Ben goes on the field for his first game.

RuthlessBurgher
05-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Perhaps they could remove God from this picture and insert the Satan picture from his shirt and swap the Chief with a grimacing Goodell (and change the PFJ in the sky to DTF, of course):

http://fredcarrow.com/websites/FredCarrow/works/3379_50589l.jpg

Or they could remove Nick Harper from this picture and replace him with a young co-ed:

http://fredcarrow.com/websites/FredCarrow/works/3379_53329l.jpg

flippy
05-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Perhaps they could remove God from this picture and insert the Satan picture from his shirt and swap the Chief with a grimacing Goodell (and change the PFJ in the sky to DTF, of course):

Or they could remove Nick Harper from this picture and replace him with a young co-ed:

Those are both hilarious. I really like #2.

On #1, they could also change the grass to fire. And change the city from Pittsburgh to Midgeville - whatever that looks like - some lady antebellum type stuff whatever antebellum means - just heard someone say Midgeville is an antebellum town.

Djfan
05-12-2010, 11:44 AM
whatever antebellum means - just heard someone say Midgeville is an antebellum town.

"Before the American Civil War". Midgeville was founded before then, or at least is much like the towns from the area before the Civil War.

flippy
05-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Is it just a southern thing or would Gettysburg also be an antebellum town as well?

I love Gettysburg and would love to live in a town like that someday.

Actually I tihnk I'd just like to live in Gettysburg.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
05-12-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm not feeling it for this thread. The other teams' fans won't need help, is my feeling.

Maybe it's a cathartic thing (antebellum?).

NC Steeler Fan
05-12-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm telling you, the sign/pic should be as follows:

Instead of a pic of Ben being a gift from god, it should be a pic of
Ben [Adam] being "banished from the garden of Eden" [Heinz Field] with
a couple of college chicks [Eves] and god's hand [Rooney] pointing the
way out through the tunnel.

You know, kinda keeping with the whole biblical theme, eh?

cruzer8
05-12-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm not feeling it for this thread. The other teams' fans won't need help, is my feeling.

Agreed. Dumb thread.

SteelAbility
05-12-2010, 03:52 PM

... and replace the Steelers in the background with Ben's entourage. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
05-12-2010, 04:09 PM

I wonder if Ben's entourage looks like Turtle, Drama, and E?

In any event, I think we should trade Emmanuel Sanders for Emmanuelle Chriqui.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/57/570317.jpghttp://www.mywallpapers.org/wallpapers/18/1822/thumb/320_Emmanuelle_Chriqui-012.jpg

MeetJoeGreene
05-12-2010, 10:39 PM
Remember all of the people that have groups signs...

like ....Gerela's Gorillas.

maybe a group should have a fan club sign like

Ben's Harem.
Seven's Sweeties.

MeetJoeGreene
05-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Maybe they should play Renegade when Ben is running out and flash pictures of drunk college chicks on the scoreboard. Then Flash Ben in his devil shirt.

Flasteel
05-12-2010, 11:12 PM

Agreed. Dumb thread.

Make it three. I get the lame attempts at humor here, but it bothers me to see the rest of the football world (and non-football world) taking pot-shots at our team. We don't need it from our own fan base.

People need to grow up and quit throwing stones.

flippy
05-13-2010, 07:07 AM
Remember all of the people that have groups signs...

like ....Gerela's Gorillas.

maybe a group should have a fan club sign like

Ben's Harem.
Seven's Sweeties.

Ben's B!tches?

flippy
05-13-2010, 07:12 AM

Agreed. Dumb thread.

Make it three. I get the lame attempts at humor here, but it bothers me to see the rest of the football world (and non-football world) taking pot-shots at our team. We don't need it from our own fan base.

And others need to take themselves less seriously :P

If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

Besides, if we can laugh at ourselves, it takes away everyone else's power to make fun of us.

At the end of the day, Ben's an F up. And the Rooney's a hypocrites. And it deserves our ridicule.

It's not like we're dumping garbage on their lawns or something.

SteelAbility
05-13-2010, 08:11 AM

I wonder if Ben's entourage looks like Turtle, Drama, and E?

In any event, I think we should trade Emmanuel Sanders for Emmanuelle Chriqui.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/57/570317.jpghttp://www.mywallpapers.org/wallpapers/18/1822/thumb/320_Emmanuelle_Chriqui-012.jpg

No argument there! :lol:

cruzer8
05-13-2010, 10:36 AM

Agreed. Dumb thread.

Besides, if we can laugh at ourselves, it takes away everyone else's power to make fun of us.

At the end of the day, Ben's an F up. And the Rooney's a hypocrites. And it deserves our ridicule.

In your opinion.

I usually go to at least one game a year in Pittsburgh. People like you will be keeping me away for at least this next season. I want to root for my team and enjoy it, not listen to a bunch of hometown idiots shouting insults or see them holding up ridiculous signs.

cruzer8
05-13-2010, 10:42 AM

Agreed. Dumb thread.

In your opinion.

I usually go to at least one game a year in Pittsburgh. People like you will be keeping me away for at least this next season. I want to root for my team and enjoy it, not listen to a bunch of hometown idiots shouting insults or see them holding up ridiculous signs.

RuthlessBurgher
05-13-2010, 10:45 AM

Agreed. Dumb thread.

In your opinion.

I contribute in threads like this because it is somewhat of a catharsis (and because I'm a smart @$$), but when I go to games this season, I will not actually be carrying one of these ridiculous signs or booing Ben (I doubt that flippy will either if he attends any games).

There will always be idiots at games who boo and jeer and what not, but that is all the more reason for me to go to cheer and support at every Steeler home game to counteract any of that foolishness, instead of staying away as you suggest.

flippy
05-13-2010, 10:57 AM

Agreed. Dumb thread.

In your opinion.

And in the opinion of most "I'm so not a raper" types who don't pretend to be holier than thou and act like their business is driven by ethics as opposed to money.

If I'm lucky enough to get to a game, I'll be cheering louder than most fans and won't be worried about a sign, just the game.

I'm easily amused. Happy go lucky. And very thankful to be at any game I can be at. Even when our players and owners act like a bunch of bafoons.

None of this is serious. Don't take it that way.

And if you're lucky enough to be able to get to and afford to go to a game, by all means please do. And enjoy yourself. And don't let others steal your joy. Life's too short.

SteelAbility
05-13-2010, 11:39 AM
I contribute in threads like this because it is somewhat of a catharsis (and because I'm a smart @$$), but when ...

No argument there. :P

flippy
05-13-2010, 11:44 AM
I wish there were a flippy emoticon to indicate I'm being a goofball as usual just in case anyone misses my intent.

perhaps i'll start using this one: :Binky or :?

Slapstick
05-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Myself, I understand the cathartic nature of threads like this for some fans...

But, I just don't find it particularly amusing...

If some of you do, knock yourselves out...

cruzer8
05-13-2010, 12:07 PM
I contribute in threads like this because it is somewhat of a catharsis (and because I'm a smart @$$), but when I go to games this season, I will not actually be carrying one of these ridiculous signs or booing Ben (I doubt that flippy will either if he attends any games).

There will always be idiots at games who boo and jeer and what not, but that is all the more reason for me to go to cheer and support at every Steeler home game to counteract any of that foolishness, instead of staying away as you suggest.

I just said I was going to avoid Pittsburgh this coming season. I didn't suggest that anyone else do it.

I don't see any point to this kind of thing. We hear it enough from the media and all over the internet. There's no point to having to deal with it here too.

flippy
05-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Myself, I understand the cathartic nature of threads like this for some fans...

These threads make me poop my pants :Binky

proudpittsburgher
05-13-2010, 12:28 PM
I am taking this thread as just a message board thread, and nothing outside of that. I sincerely hope that no one takes a sign to the game, or starts any ridonkulous chant during games at Heinz. To be honest, I think Ben's poor behavior will go away and he will grow up, which would mean we can move on from all of this and still have our QB, not having to start over.

Now, if the Rooneys have to look at idiotic signs AT HOME, and listen to "Rapist" chants, well, IMO, Ben will be gone no matter how much his behavior improves. And that will pizz me off.

RuthlessBurgher
05-13-2010, 01:23 PM

In your opinion.

And in the opinion of most "I'm so not a raper" types who don't pretend to be holier than thou and act like their business is driven by ethics as opposed to money.

If I'm lucky enough to get to a game, I'll be cheering louder than most fans and won't be worried about a sign, just the game.

I'm easily amused. Happy go lucky. And very thankful to be at any game I can be at. Even when our players and owners act like a bunch of bafoons.

And if you're lucky enough to be able to get to and afford to go to a game, by all means please do. And enjoy yourself. And don't let others steal your joy. Life's too short.

Perhaps we should restrict the "Step Brothers" quotes to one thread, flip. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
05-13-2010, 01:25 PM
I contribute in threads like this because it is somewhat of a catharsis (and because I'm a smart @$$), but when ...

I'm smart at money!!! :mrgreen:

What did you think I meant? :wink:

flippy
05-13-2010, 01:45 PM

In your opinion.

Perhaps we should restrict the "Step Brothers" quotes to one thread, flip. :lol:

oops, both threads have been digressing and I forgot which was which :lol:

cruzer8
05-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Now, if the Rooneys have to look at idiotic signs AT HOME, and listen to "Rapist" chants, well, IMO, Ben will be gone no matter how much his behavior improves. And that will pizz me off.

+1

frankthetank1
05-13-2010, 04:00 PM
I am taking this thread as just a message board thread, and nothing outside of that. I sincerely hope that no one takes a sign to the game, or starts any ridonkulous chant during games at Heinz. To be honest, I think Ben's poor behavior will go away and he will grow up, which would mean we can move on from all of this and still have our QB, not having to start over.

i think ben's poor behavior is behind him and i doubt he will do anything further to put his career in jepordy. whats done is done and its time to move on. i like this thread though because i think its pretty funny, i dont take a whole lot of stuff to seriously.

i dont agree that if the rooneys have to look at signs and hear chants they would get rid of ben. the rooneys do what they want which is the way it has to be. if the rooneys listened to knee jerk reaction fans in regards to the teams personel we would have a team worse than the browns or lions. ben isnt going any where unless he has a repeat of the last two off seasons even though i would give him a pass on the mcnuttjob incident.

Flasteel
05-13-2010, 04:40 PM

Smartmonies?? :shock:

RuthlessBurgher
05-13-2010, 07:47 PM

Smartmonies?? :shock:

Man, I didn't even catch that. I feel shame.

http://www.slap-shot.com/DenisAndCarrc.jpg

BlackJackGold
05-14-2010, 01:20 AM
http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/bd8354d8d3bbb9b6887543feed59365551b6067_r.jpeg

ghettoscott
05-14-2010, 10:13 AM
I wish there were a flippy emoticon to indicate I'm being a goofball as usual just in case anyone misses my intent.

I think your Ronald McDonald Joker pic in your sig would be enough...

by the way, that is still one of my favorites :Beer

SteelAbility
05-14-2010, 11:02 AM

Uh, yeah, that's what I meant too! :wink: But I wasn't saying anything about an MSM alter ego. Though it does make one wonder. 8)

RuthlessBurgher
05-14-2010, 12:29 PM

Uh, yeah, that's what I meant too! :wink: But I wasn't saying anything about an MSM alter ego. Though it does make one wonder. 8)

But I haven't mentioned the QB Yards Per Attempt stat in WEEKS!!! :lol:

flippy
05-14-2010, 02:43 PM

Have to admit I thought you were MSM too for a second. :lol:

But the you outted yourself when you mentioned YPA before YPA differential :P

But I guess we're all sorta redundant:

Flippy - SuperBowl, Lombardi, Wooooo
Ovi - 4:3 defense, spiller
RB - here's a perfect pic that'll sum up the situation and make everyone laugh
Redundantman - welll that guy's just redundant
Pappy - :tt2 I'm Mr Diplomacy :tt2
DeeDub - Mystery Thread Name that must be clicked on to find out more :idea:

etc.

Every last one of us is redundant. From Jooser to Shawn to AA to MJG.

It's amusing. Sometimes I miss that MSM guy, even though I think I've already read everything he has to say.

Flasteel
05-14-2010, 07:08 PM

Have to admit I thought you were MSM too for a second. :lol:

But the you outted yourself when you mentioned YPA before YPA differential :P

But I guess we're all sorta redundant:

Flippy - SuperBowl, Lombardi, Wooooo
Ovi - 4:3 defense, spiller
RB - here's a perfect pic that'll sum up the situation and make everyone laugh
Redundantman - welll that guy's just redundant
Pappy - :tt2 I'm Mr Diplomacy :tt2
DeeDub - Mystery Thread Name that must be clicked on to find out more :idea:

etc.

Every last one of us is redundant. From Jooser to Shawn to AA to MJG.

It's amusing. Sometimes I miss that MSM guy, even though I think I've already read everything he has to say.

It's hard to hate a guy who you've never even met, but I think I'm there with MSM. That said, I miss his presence on the board too...especially in the offseason. I mean how many 100-page flame wars do we get to see around here anymore?

Maybe we could coax him back, only ban him from September through January every year. :tt2

And by the way Flip...no disrespect intended by my "lame humor" comment. I know you well enough to realize you're a cool cat who writes his fair share of goofy stuff.

It just doesn't make this any less lame. :P

Peace!