PDA

View Full Version : 15 yards, #7, Piling On

ANPSTEEL
05-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Yet another article on Ben - the reporter actually manages to balance the beating with the reality of the situation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... pittsburgh (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-roethlisberger-pittsburgh)

Roethlisberger: Can’t cut him, can’t stand him

By ALAN ROBINSON, AP Sports Writer 2 hours, 49 minutes ago

Buzz up! 0
Print

PITTSBURGH (AP)—It’s fans like Becky Rickard that Ben Roethlisberger(notes) has lost.

The 33-year-old Rickard is a Pittsburgher and a fan of every team in town. She’s come out to see the Pittsburgh Pirates play, even though they haven’t had a winning season since 1992, when Roethlisberger was just a backyard quarterback.

She should love the Steelers and their six Super Bowl titles, including two under the direction of Roethlisberger. Right?
ADVERTISEMENT

“I had a Ben jersey and gave it away,” said Rickard, who on this night has replaced her expensive, tossed-aside Roethlisberger jersey with a Pirates T-shirt. “We’re a proud city and we don’t like anything to make us look bad. Ben has tainted what our image is.”

Rickard might as well be speaking for many of the 300,000-plus citizens in this clannish Rust Belt town.

Roethlisberger has worn out his welcome in Pittsburgh.

The good will generated by those NFL titles, capped by his memorable last-minute TD pass to Santonio Holmes(notes) in the Super Bowl 15 months ago, is all gone. It’s been lost in Roethlisberger’s night of tearing through a Georgia college town wearing a devil T-shirt, one that ended with an underage college student accusing him of sexual assault in a nightclub bathroom. The case won’t be prosecuted, but the quarterback’s latest episode of bad behavior has destroyed his reputation in Pittsburgh and beyond, and shamed his team and its highly regarded owners.

And the twist is that while Pittsburgh can’t stand him the Steelers can’t cut him. At least not soon, given the $50 million the team has spent on Roethlisberger’s salary and signing bonuses since 2008.

THE FANS

As virtually everyone in Pittsburgh knows, this isn’t the first time Roethlisberger has found trouble.

He was already the defendant in a Nevada lawsuit, accused of sexually assaulting a hotel employee, when he and his entourage went out partying March 4 in Milledgeville, Ga.

Before that, there was the 2006 motorcycle accident after the first Super Bowl victory, with Roethlisberger getting badly injured while riding helmetless and without a permit.

Now there are hundreds of pages of police reports detailing his boorish actions in Georgia, and an unprecedented six-game NFL suspension (which could be reduced to four games) for a player not charged—much less convicted—of a crime.

Tales once whispered about Roethlisberger skipping out on restaurant bills or refusing to pay cover charges or greens fees have suddenly become common knowledge. Suddenly, people remember that he often scribbles only a handful of autographs a day during training camp.

Mark Baranowski is among those who hopes he never sees Roethlisberger again.

The owner of the popular Cabana Bar, near Roethlisberger’s home in Gibsonia, once saw the quarterback regularly—Roethlisberger even staged a party there on the one-year anniversary of his motorcycle crash.

But, fed up with Roethlisberger’s attitude, manners and shenanigans, Baranowski got the word out—every other Steelers player could enjoy themselves at his place for free. But Roethlisberger had to fork over the cover charge he always balked at paying. Roethlisberger hasn’t been back.

“He’s not a good guy,” Baranowski said.

Many seem to share his opinion. Pittsburghers have peeled the once-ubiquitous “Big Ben 7” stickers off their bumpers, banned their children from wearing his jerseys or simply dumped the expensive uniform tops in the trash. Nationally, Roethlisberger’s jersey dropped out of the NFL top 25 in sales in April after ranking 11th for the year ending March 31.

When news of Roethlisberger’s suspension was flashed on the PNC Park scoreboard on April 21, fans booed loudly—at the player, not the punishment.

Not long after that, the Pittsburgh Zoo replaced a photo of Roethlisberger with one of hockey Hall of Famer and Penguins co-owner Mario Lemieux after receiving complaints from parents.

There’s no more Big Ben’s Beef Jerky, either—the product’s owner cut ties with Roethlisberger, saying it no longer wanted to be associated with him.

“I hope he gets the heck out of here,” Bill Ehrman, a 32-year-old University of Pittsburgh medical school resident, said last week at the Pirates game.

Pittsburgh may not be the economic engine it once was, but residents have a strong bond to the city and an emotional attachment to their football team that may be unrivaled in the NFL. Rooted in that sense of tradition is a belief in decorum. Proud to be the home of Mister Rogers, the city was chosen this month as America’s most livable by Forbes.com—an honor also bestowed last year by The Economist magazine.

Roethlisberger gets a failing grade from Pittsburgh for politeness. Contrition, too.

“I would love for him to come out and have one of his press conferences and really mean it, say, ‘You know what, I (messed) up, I was a pompous …,” said Chris Hart, 44, of suburban Allison Park. “He’s been acting like he was forced to do it. What is he? Twenty-eight years old? He’s acting like he’s 21.”

Roethlisberger’s public persona is the opposite of Penguins star Sidney Crosby, who quickly ascended to a Lemieux-like pedestal because of his skill, professionalism, maturity and success.

If Roethlisberger is 28 going on 21, Crosby is 22 going on 32; he’s already won a scoring title, a goal-scoring title, the MVP award and the Stanley Cup.

As fans love to relate, Crosby is so wholesome he still bunks at the Lemieux house, valuing family life over being the single owner of a fancy mansion like Roethlisberger’s, which features a million-dollar swimming pool with his No. 7 at the bottom.

“Sidney Crosby is the guy who should be at the clubs hanging out; he’s in that college-age range,” Rickard said. “It makes Ben look bad because he’s older, he’s been around and he should be out of that phase of his life. People turn to Sidney as their exemplary superstar who never has an ego.”

Count the Penguins among those who don’t want much to do with Roethlisberger these days. According to a team source with knowledge of the situation, Roethlisberger was told he couldn’t sit in a private team box during the ongoing NHL playoffs. Just too much dirty laundry.

Right now, nobody wants to hear good-guy stories that acquaintances relate about Roethlisberger: picking up the tab for a Thanksgiving feast for Ronald McDonald House residents; footing all expenses for a stranger’s birthday dinner party that was taking place close to his own table; buying police dogs for departments that can’t afford them.

“If he throws an interception, he’s going to be booed like you don’t believe,” Rickard said. “He’s going to get booed before he throws a pass, for what all he’s done. He’s going to have to really, really play well to gain us back. And start being more respectful to everybody.”

THE ROONEYS

One thing about the Roethlisberger case stuns former NFL player turned Pittsburgh-based sports lawyer and agent Ralph Cindrich.

“Never in the history of the city can I recall anything close to it,” Cindrich said. “I think most are offended because of not only the city, but how it reflects on the Rooney family—if there’s any franchise that doesn’t deserve this, it’s this one.”

For 77 years, the Rooneys have operated a model NFL team, one so ingrained into the community that people will sometimes recall major life events—births, weddings, funerals—by what happened in Steelers history that season.

Two months ago, coach Mike Tomlin said the Steelers expect their players’ conduct to be “above and beyond that of our peers.” Yet the Roethlisberger incident and the recent trading of Holmes only after a series of off-field issues has led the Steelers to be compared to the Bengals and Raiders, teams with a history of employing troubled players.

The Roethlisberger mess is especially worrisome to Dan Rooney, the Steelers’ primary owner and chairman emeritus who was appointed ambassador to Ireland by President Barack Obama. Rooney’s son, team president Art Rooney II, runs the team on a daily basis and ultimately made the decision to keep Roethlisberger.

While Dan Rooney has mostly watched the Roethlisberger affair play out from a distance, those close to him know how much the case has troubled the man who ran the Steelers on a daily basis for more than 30 years.

“My job is to be in Ireland,” the elder Rooney said during a recent visit to Pittsburgh. “I would just say it’s a serious matter, and it’s being handled properly by (management). I think they’re handling it very well.”

While Art II has maintained a calm but stern stance—he worked with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to determine the length of the suspension—his unhappiness with Roethlisberger is well known within a tightlipped but tidily run organization. To date, only director of football operations Kevin Colbert has dared to offer any public support for Roethlisberger, saying the quarterback has earned the right to attempt to turn his life around.

State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley said the Roethlisberger matter doesn’t concern the federal government. Still, the ambassador cares about the situation.

“Dan Rooney, during his time as one of the pillars of the National Football League, has always set a very high standard for himself and his employees,” Crowley said. “I doubt that has changed at all with his shift to being ambassador to Ireland.”

THE STEELERS

Yet Roethlisberger is still a Steeler. The reason is simple. Even if the city can’t stand him and the owners are angry, the team simply can’t let him go and expect to remain a Super Bowl contender.

With an aging roster and a defense that could be past its peak, the Steelers may have only one or two shots remaining at a third NFL title since 2004 with their current roster. Jettisoning Roethlisberger in his prime likely would require years of rebuilding that might prevent James Farrior(notes) and James Harrison(notes), Hines Ward(notes), Aaron Smith(notes) and Troy Polamalu(notes) from realistically contending for another title.

It’s not easy to find a new quarterback to win a Super Bowl, as the Steelers know. They went through a dozen starting QBs after the Terry Bradshaw era ended in 1984 before landing Roethlisberger, who has produced their only two Super Bowl victories in the past 30 years.

The Steelers chose to retain No. 7 and all the baggage he brings, hoping their fans—as fed up as they are—someday will forgive, if not totally forget.

“I’m sure we’ll get this turned the right way,” said Smith, a defensive end and a team leader. “(Why) wouldn’t you keep him? The man’s a great quarterback. I mean, he comes out there and wins games.”

Release him? Trade him? Nose tackle Casey Hampton(notes) finds the idea preposterous.

“What are you cutting him for?” Hampton said. “The same fans who say they should cut him are the same fans who will be cheering if we win the Super Bowl.”

Polamalu, a soft-spoken and deeply religious player, declined to say that Roethlisberger let those teammates down by being suspended for six weeks. But it was revealing when he said, “There are really good guys (in the NFL), like Peyton Manning(notes) and Tom Brady(notes), but there also are examples of what Ben is going to be able to do, turn his life around.”

While Polamalu predicts Roethlisberger will return successfully, the challenges will be monumental when the suspension ends sometime in October. Roethlisberger won’t have played a meaningful game since January, and the reception he gets—home and away—could be brutal.

In his only public appearance since prosecutors opted not to charge him, Roethlisberger said he wants to come through.

“I absolutely want to be the leader this team deserves, valued in the community and a role model to kids. I have much work to do to earn this trust,” he said. “And I’m committed to improving and showing everyone my true values.”

The Steelers and their city can only hope Roethlisberger keeps his word.

Alan Robinson has covered the Pittsburgh Steelers for 28 years.

flippy
05-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Society wanting football players to be role models is the problem moreso than Ben.

I bet that most who criticize Ben the most have the biggest skeletons in their own closets.

ANPSTEEL
05-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Society wanting football players to be role models is the problem moreso than Ben.

I bet that most who criticize Ben the most have the biggest skeletons in their own closets.

I've got a giant Brontosaurus fossil in my closet.

Do me a favor, keep that to yourself.

kthx

:lol:

Oviedo
05-11-2010, 10:07 AM
"Forgive, but not forget" is probably the best Ben can ever hope for no matter where he plays. This will always be a stain on his reputation but if he is going to redeem himself and become a better person then I want it to be here.

Dumping a QB of his ability would just screw the other 52 players on the roster who typically have very short careers and few opprtunities to win championships. I suffered through every worthless QB we had from 1984 until Ben came along. No way I want to go through that again if we can avoid it.

Hopefully, Ben has been "scared straight" and the "tough love" he is getting will produce positive results.

flippy
05-11-2010, 10:11 AM

kthx

Flippy: OK, name your favorite dinosaur?
ANPSTEEL and Flippy: Velociraptor.
Flippy: Alright. If you were a chick, whose the one guy you would sleep with?
ANPSTEEL and Flippy: John Stamos.
ANPSTEEL: WHAT?!?
Flippy: Did we just become best friends?
ANPSTEEL: YEP!

ANPSTEEL
05-11-2010, 10:23 AM
"Forgive, but not forget" is probably the best Ben can ever hope for no matter where he plays. This will always be a stain on his reputation but if he is going to redeem himself and become a better person then I want it to be here.

Dumping a QB of his ability would just screw the other 52 players on the roster who typically have very short careers and few opprtunities to win championships. I suffered through every worthless QB we had from 1984 until Ben came along. No way I want to go through that again if we can avoid it.

Hopefully, Ben has been "scared straight" and the "tough love" he is getting will produce positive results.

what he said.

ANPSTEEL
05-11-2010, 10:33 AM

kthx

:shock:
:lol: :lol:

Actually, as a kid- Allosaurus was my favorite.

and- John Stamos?? not too sure- the only thing he ever did that I was a fan of, was to marry a seriously hot babe. - By that logic, Lee Majors should be my hero.

Ok, Lee Majors is my hero.

Frikkin' Six Million Dollar Man...beats up Big Foot, gets Farrah Fawcett and Heather Thomas?!?!! Talk about over kill. The only thing that would have made me more envious, was if he hooked up with Wonder Woman on the show. :mrgreen: :lol:

But Flippy, you are all good. :lol: :tt2 :Cheers

flippy
05-11-2010, 10:37 AM

kthx

and- John Stamos?? not too sure- the only thing he ever did that I was a fan of, was to marry a seriously hot babe. - By that logic, Lee Majors should be my hero.

Frikkin' Six Million Dollar Man...beats up Big Foot, gets Farrah Fawcett and Heather Thomas?!?!! Talk about over kill. The only thing that would have made me more envious, was if he hooked up with Wonder Woman on the show. :mrgreen: :lol:

I got a belly full of white dog crap and you lay this sh!t on me?!?!?!?!

ANPSTEEL
05-11-2010, 10:51 AM

kthx

:wft

flippy
05-11-2010, 11:10 AM

I'm quoting StepBrothers.

ANPSTEEL
05-11-2010, 11:19 AM

I'm quoting StepBrothers.

ahhh- haven't seen the whole movie yet-

now, if you had thrown out a - "If we wanted us some wussies, we would have named them 'Dr. Quinn' and 'Medicine Woman."

or maybe

"There's somethin' I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread, man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff...I was totally nude...it was weird. I mean, you probably didn't hear about it 'cause I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow...that I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho."

you woulda had me roflmao

RuthlessBurgher
05-11-2010, 12:53 PM

kthx

You forgot to mention Good Housekeeping as your favorite non-pornographic magazine to masturbate to. :lol:

Do you wanna do karate in the garage? :x

Slapstick
05-11-2010, 04:31 PM
All this fuss...and he still hasn't committed a crime...

There is most definitely a problem here, but it isn't necessarily Ben Roethlisberger...

Don't get me wrong, he made his bed...he must now lay in it...

But this is a case of gross overreaction to a non-crime by Steelers fans and the NFL...

Sugar
05-11-2010, 04:57 PM
All this fuss...and he still hasn't committed a crime...

There is most definitely a problem here, but it isn't necessarily Ben Roethlisberger...

Don't get me wrong, he made his bed...he must now lay in it...

But this is a case of gross overreaction to a non-crime by Steelers fans and the NFL...

:Agree

Reading this made me turn against the fans discussed here rather than Ben. Most of my favorite celebrities have done far worse then Ben has and are idolized around the world.

BTW- my seven year old girl still wears her Big Ben jersey proudly.

Flasteel
05-11-2010, 05:57 PM
“There are really good guys (in the NFL), like Peyton Manning(notes) and Tom Brady(notes), but there also are examples of what Ben is going to be able to do, turn his life around.”

Ha! I think most of the long-time posters here remember that I personally witnessed Manning getting a hummer behind a Sarasota restaurant, witnessed the police flat-out busting him, then he was let go.

Maybe Troy should get to know these guys a little better before he holds them up as the epitome of goodness.

Gross overreaction to this situation is an understatement.

AngryAsian
05-11-2010, 06:00 PM
“There are really good guys (in the NFL), like Peyton Manning(notes) and Tom Brady(notes), but there also are examples of what Ben is going to be able to do, turn his life around.”

Ha! I think most of the long-time posters here remember that I personally witnessed Manning getting a hummer behind a Sarasota restaurant, witnessed the police flat-out busting him, then he was let go.

Maybe Troy should get to know these guys a little better before he holds them up as the epitome of goodness.

From what angle were you "witnessing" this Manning hummer?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

JAR
05-11-2010, 06:22 PM

And Brady got his GF pregnant and then dumped her. How is that a nice guy?

feltdizz
05-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Isn't witnessing Peyton getting a hummer similar to fans "witnessing" Ben being a jerk... Please note it is not the same, but the response by other fans is always the same. Just hear say or a one time event.

Basically, if it's not in the news it didn't happen. I do remember Peyton and the teabag incident in college.

I think the point about punishing the other 52 players is correct but it's not because Ben was railroaded out of the blue. He is responsible for a lot of this and fans feel like Ben punished everyone when he did whatever he did or didn't do or whatever it was that put him back in the news.

birtikidis
05-11-2010, 06:52 PM

he was the guy with the HD camera off to the left...

Flasteel
05-11-2010, 07:18 PM

I wish. I might have scored myself had that been the case. :D I was also a radio show host at the time and could have lambasted the guy. Instead I went Man Code and didn't throw him under that public bus.

Asian, please get those dirty, voyeuristic images out of your mind. I was alerted to his presence by the bartender (who was a friend) as I was leaving and sure enough...there he was :shock: I got a passing look from one 45 degree angle and then another as he shuffled the ho (on her knees and fully engaged) around the corner of the POD unit to escape detection from the group of people behind me. Ten seconds later there was a SPD flashlight shining in his grill, with the most classic "oh sh*t" expression on his illuminated face. :D

Shawn
05-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I like this quote...

I had a Ben jersey and gave it away,” said Rickard, who on this night has replaced her expensive, tossed-aside Roethlisberger jersey with a Pirates T-shirt. “We’re a proud city and we don’t like anything to make us look bad. Ben has tainted what our image is.”
lol...she is kidding right?

I rolled out to the Burgh for the first time a couple years back. I was shocked at how run down the city looks. I guess I expected too much...had some sort of magical image of the city in my head. For a "proud city", the Burgh hasn't been taken care of. I honestly thought I was going to be mugged by crack addicts rolling to the stadium. It made me a bit sad to be honest with you.

Now, if she is talking about a proud Steeler organization...I would agree. The city doesn't reflect the team.

Shawn
05-11-2010, 07:46 PM

While looking at his belly button. :lol:

feltdizz
05-11-2010, 07:48 PM
What year did you go to the stadium? The city is freaking beautiful IMO. The outskirts are rusty but the actuall downtown is nice.

It is a city though... not sure what a proud city looks like.

BURGH86STEEL
05-11-2010, 07:58 PM
I like this quote...

I had a Ben jersey and gave it away,” said Rickard, who on this night has replaced her expensive, tossed-aside Roethlisberger jersey with a Pirates T-shirt. “We’re a proud city and we don’t like anything to make us look bad. Ben has tainted what our image is.”

I rolled out to the Burgh for the first time a couple years back. I was shocked at how run down the city looks. I guess I expected too much...had some sort of magical image of the city in my head. For a "proud city", the Burgh hasn't been taken care of. I honestly thought I was going to be mugged by crack addicts rolling to the stadium. It made me a bit sad to be honest with you.

Now, if she is talking about a proud Steeler organization...I would agree. The city doesn't reflect the team.

Like all cities, there are nice areas and run down areas. I guess you failed to visit some of the nicer areas of the city. Pittsburghers are proud people. I guess if you were born and raised there you might understand.

The Steelers organization is a reflection of the people and the city. The people of the city are what helped to make them a great organization. After all, the Rooneys are Pittsburghers.

JAR
05-11-2010, 08:01 PM
I like this quote...

Where the hell did you roll into, Wilkinsburg?? There isn't much ugly in the Burgh these days.

Steel Life
05-11-2010, 08:19 PM
This is being re-hashed again?...Really? :roll:

The article covers no new ground - amazing that his editors thought there was any left un-trampled - & as with other articles glosses over any good Ben has done while here. 28 years of covering Pittsburgh sports & this is the "insight" we get - a tired re-hash of everything we've already heard? Jesus - enough already! This really is Ben's biggest obstacle - erstwhile sports "journalists" who are so eager to pontificate & pass judgment on him & his career without care as to whether the facts are accurately & fairly reported.

Steel yourselves my friends as there will be several more waves of this "insightful" repetitive, yellow journalism to endure - first when he makes his inevitable "exclusive" interview, second when he joins the team for training camp & again when he returns for week 5 of the season...& of course whenever some commentator feels the need to bring it up during a game. Let's hope the team & Goodell eventually tell everyone to back off & let things take their course & let Ben's healing begin.

BURGH86STEEL
05-11-2010, 08:25 PM
I like this quote...

Where the hell did you roll into, Wilkinsburg?? There isn't much ugly in the Burgh these days.

I don't know much stock anyone puts into Forbes. They ranked Pittsburgh as the most livable city. Although I don't live there now, I go home to visit my family in Pittsburgh several times a year. The city may not have the population it once had but Pittsburgh still has a lot of good going for it.

costanza2k1
05-11-2010, 08:49 PM
I like this quote...

Compared to SF Pittsburgh is just amazing, the skyline, downtown...absolutely amazing. Normally cities are nicer on the outskirts and downtown is just raw...Pittsburgh was the opposite for me. Or maybe it was the Crown and Cokes impairing my vision...

skyhawk
05-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Yet another article on Ben - the reporter actually manages to balance the beating with the reality of the situation.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... pittsburgh (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-roethlisberger-pittsburgh)

Roethlisberger: Can’t cut him, can’t stand him

By ALAN ROBINSON, AP Sports Writer 2 hours, 49 minutes ago

Buzz up! 0
Print

PITTSBURGH (AP)—It’s fans like Becky Rickard that Ben Roethlisberger(notes) has lost.

The 33-year-old Rickard is a Pittsburgher and a fan of every team in town. She’s come out to see the Pittsburgh Pirates play, even though they haven’t had a winning season since 1992, when Roethlisberger was just a backyard quarterback.

She should love the Steelers and their six Super Bowl titles, including two under the direction of Roethlisberger. Right?
ADVERTISEMENT

“I had a Ben jersey and gave it away,” said Rickard, who on this night has replaced her expensive, tossed-aside Roethlisberger jersey with a Pirates T-shirt. “We’re a proud city and we don’t like anything to make us look bad. Ben has tainted what our image is.”

Rickard might as well be speaking for many of the 300,000-plus citizens in this clannish Rust Belt town.

Roethlisberger has worn out his welcome in Pittsburgh.

The good will generated by those NFL titles, capped by his memorable last-minute TD pass to Santonio Holmes(notes) in the Super Bowl 15 months ago, is all gone. It’s been lost in Roethlisberger’s night of tearing through a Georgia college town wearing a devil T-shirt, one that ended with an underage college student accusing him of sexual assault in a nightclub bathroom. The case won’t be prosecuted, but the quarterback’s latest episode of bad behavior has destroyed his reputation in Pittsburgh and beyond, and shamed his team and its highly regarded owners.

And the twist is that while Pittsburgh can’t stand him the Steelers can’t cut him. At least not soon, given the $50 million the team has spent on Roethlisberger’s salary and signing bonuses since 2008.

THE FANS

As virtually everyone in Pittsburgh knows, this isn’t the first time Roethlisberger has found trouble.

He was already the defendant in a Nevada lawsuit, accused of sexually assaulting a hotel employee, when he and his entourage went out partying March 4 in Milledgeville, Ga.

Before that, there was the 2006 motorcycle accident after the first Super Bowl victory, with Roethlisberger getting badly injured while riding helmetless and without a permit.

Now there are hundreds of pages of police reports detailing his boorish actions in Georgia, and an unprecedented six-game NFL suspension (which could be reduced to four games) for a player not charged—much less convicted—of a crime.

Tales once whispered about Roethlisberger skipping out on restaurant bills or refusing to pay cover charges or greens fees have suddenly become common knowledge. Suddenly, people remember that he often scribbles only a handful of autographs a day during training camp.

Mark Baranowski is among those who hopes he never sees Roethlisberger again.

The owner of the popular Cabana Bar, near Roethlisberger’s home in Gibsonia, once saw the quarterback regularly—Roethlisberger even staged a party there on the one-year anniversary of his motorcycle crash.

But, fed up with Roethlisberger’s attitude, manners and shenanigans, Baranowski got the word out—every other Steelers player could enjoy themselves at his place for free. But Roethlisberger had to fork over the cover charge he always balked at paying. Roethlisberger hasn’t been back.

“He’s not a good guy,” Baranowski said.

Many seem to share his opinion. Pittsburghers have peeled the once-ubiquitous “Big Ben 7” stickers off their bumpers, banned their children from wearing his jerseys or simply dumped the expensive uniform tops in the trash. Nationally, Roethlisberger’s jersey dropped out of the NFL top 25 in sales in April after ranking 11th for the year ending March 31.

When news of Roethlisberger’s suspension was flashed on the PNC Park scoreboard on April 21, fans booed loudly—at the player, not the punishment.

Not long after that, the Pittsburgh Zoo replaced a photo of Roethlisberger with one of hockey Hall of Famer and Penguins co-owner Mario Lemieux after receiving complaints from parents.

There’s no more Big Ben’s Beef Jerky, either—the product’s owner cut ties with Roethlisberger, saying it no longer wanted to be associated with him.

“I hope he gets the heck out of here,” Bill Ehrman, a 32-year-old University of Pittsburgh medical school resident, said last week at the Pirates game.

Pittsburgh may not be the economic engine it once was, but residents have a strong bond to the city and an emotional attachment to their football team that may be unrivaled in the NFL. Rooted in that sense of tradition is a belief in decorum. Proud to be the home of Mister Rogers, the city was chosen this month as America’s most livable by Forbes.com—an honor also bestowed last year by The Economist magazine.

Roethlisberger gets a failing grade from Pittsburgh for politeness. Contrition, too.

“I would love for him to come out and have one of his press conferences and really mean it, say, ‘You know what, I (messed) up, I was a pompous …,” said Chris Hart, 44, of suburban Allison Park. “He’s been acting like he was forced to do it. What is he? Twenty-eight years old? He’s acting like he’s 21.”

Roethlisberger’s public persona is the opposite of Penguins star Sidney Crosby, who quickly ascended to a Lemieux-like pedestal because of his skill, professionalism, maturity and success.

If Roethlisberger is 28 going on 21, Crosby is 22 going on 32; he’s already won a scoring title, a goal-scoring title, the MVP award and the Stanley Cup.

As fans love to relate, Crosby is so wholesome he still bunks at the Lemieux house, valuing family life over being the single owner of a fancy mansion like Roethlisberger’s, which features a million-dollar swimming pool with his No. 7 at the bottom.

“Sidney Crosby is the guy who should be at the clubs hanging out; he’s in that college-age range,” Rickard said. “It makes Ben look bad because he’s older, he’s been around and he should be out of that phase of his life. People turn to Sidney as their exemplary superstar who never has an ego.”

Count the Penguins among those who don’t want much to do with Roethlisberger these days. According to a team source with knowledge of the situation, Roethlisberger was told he couldn’t sit in a private team box during the ongoing NHL playoffs. Just too much dirty laundry.

Right now, nobody wants to hear good-guy stories that acquaintances relate about Roethlisberger: picking up the tab for a Thanksgiving feast for Ronald McDonald House residents; footing all expenses for a stranger’s birthday dinner party that was taking place close to his own table; buying police dogs for departments that can’t afford them.

“If he throws an interception, he’s going to be booed like you don’t believe,” Rickard said. “He’s going to get booed before he throws a pass, for what all he’s done. He’s going to have to really, really play well to gain us back. And start being more respectful to everybody.”

THE ROONEYS

One thing about the Roethlisberger case stuns former NFL player turned Pittsburgh-based sports lawyer and agent Ralph Cindrich.

“Never in the history of the city can I recall anything close to it,” Cindrich said. “I think most are offended because of not only the city, but how it reflects on the Rooney family—if there’s any franchise that doesn’t deserve this, it’s this one.”

For 77 years, the Rooneys have operated a model NFL team, one so ingrained into the community that people will sometimes recall major life events—births, weddings, funerals—by what happened in Steelers history that season.

Two months ago, coach Mike Tomlin said the Steelers expect their players’ conduct to be “above and beyond that of our peers.” Yet the Roethlisberger incident and the recent trading of Holmes only after a series of off-field issues has led the Steelers to be compared to the Bengals and Raiders, teams with a history of employing troubled players.

The Roethlisberger mess is especially worrisome to Dan Rooney, the Steelers’ primary owner and chairman emeritus who was appointed ambassador to Ireland by President Barack Obama. Rooney’s son, team president Art Rooney II, runs the team on a daily basis and ultimately made the decision to keep Roethlisberger.

While Dan Rooney has mostly watched the Roethlisberger affair play out from a distance, those close to him know how much the case has troubled the man who ran the Steelers on a daily basis for more than 30 years.

“My job is to be in Ireland,” the elder Rooney said during a recent visit to Pittsburgh. “I would just say it’s a serious matter, and it’s being handled properly by (management). I think they’re handling it very well.”

While Art II has maintained a calm but stern stance—he worked with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to determine the length of the suspension—his unhappiness with Roethlisberger is well known within a tightlipped but tidily run organization. To date, only director of football operations Kevin Colbert has dared to offer any public support for Roethlisberger, saying the quarterback has earned the right to attempt to turn his life around.

State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley said the Roethlisberger matter doesn’t concern the federal government. Still, the ambassador cares about the situation.

“Dan Rooney, during his time as one of the pillars of the National Football League, has always set a very high standard for himself and his employees,” Crowley said. “I doubt that has changed at all with his shift to being ambassador to Ireland.”

THE STEELERS

Yet Roethlisberger is still a Steeler. The reason is simple. Even if the city can’t stand him and the owners are angry, the team simply can’t let him go and expect to remain a Super Bowl contender.

With an aging roster and a defense that could be past its peak, the Steelers may have only one or two shots remaining at a third NFL title since 2004 with their current roster. Jettisoning Roethlisberger in his prime likely would require years of rebuilding that might prevent James Farrior(notes) and James Harrison(notes), Hines Ward(notes), Aaron Smith(notes) and Troy Polamalu(notes) from realistically contending for another title.

It’s not easy to find a new quarterback to win a Super Bowl, as the Steelers know. They went through a dozen starting QBs after the Terry Bradshaw era ended in 1984 before landing Roethlisberger, who has produced their only two Super Bowl victories in the past 30 years.

The Steelers chose to retain No. 7 and all the baggage he brings, hoping their fans—as fed up as they are—someday will forgive, if not totally forget.

“I’m sure we’ll get this turned the right way,” said Smith, a defensive end and a team leader. “(Why) wouldn’t you keep him? The man’s a great quarterback. I mean, he comes out there and wins games.”

Release him? Trade him? Nose tackle Casey Hampton(notes) finds the idea preposterous.

“What are you cutting him for?” Hampton said. “The same fans who say they should cut him are the same fans who will be cheering if we win the Super Bowl.”

Polamalu, a soft-spoken and deeply religious player, declined to say that Roethlisberger let those teammates down by being suspended for six weeks. But it was revealing when he said, “There are really good guys (in the NFL), like Peyton Manning(notes) and Tom Brady(notes), but there also are examples of what Ben is going to be able to do, turn his life around.”

While Polamalu predicts Roethlisberger will return successfully, the challenges will be monumental when the suspension ends sometime in October. Roethlisberger won’t have played a meaningful game since January, and the reception he gets—home and away—could be brutal.

In his only public appearance since prosecutors opted not to charge him, Roethlisberger said he wants to come through.

“I absolutely want to be the leader this team deserves, valued in the community and a role model to kids. I have much work to do to earn this trust,” he said. “And I’m committed to improving and showing everyone my true values.”

The Steelers and their city can only hope Roethlisberger keeps his word.

Alan Robinson has covered the Pittsburgh Steelers for 28 years.

What does his play on the field have to do with his behavior off of it? How much better can this man play than he has already (2SB's, etc) to make the fans forget and not boo him. Just absurd.

This is a double standard. If you don't like the guy, don't predicate how you are ever going to like him again by his play on the field. He has already proven himself on the field.

Now he has the double whammy of playing BETTER on the field along with better behavior off of it? :roll: Geez, I want to him to wind games and another SB. If he's a jerk so be it. That's not why he gets paid the big bucks. Sure, it would be nice if he were a saint and perfect at the same time but that just ain't happenin.

Stop judging.

Flasteel
05-11-2010, 09:27 PM

While looking at his belly button. :lol:

Easy there QB. :P

papillon
05-11-2010, 09:54 PM
I like this quote...

Where in the hell did you roll into, East Pittsburgh? The Hill District? Wilkinsburg? Or, did you have beer goggles on the whole time? People from Pittsburgh are proud of the city and the Steelers are a reflection of the people, proud. You should go back sober and with someone that can show you around it will change your perception.

Pappy - A proud Pittsburgh native

feltdizz
05-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Where are the mods? :wft

Shawn lives in rural Kentucky if I remember... most Kentucky residents think any city is a crack den because all they know is grass. I used to work with a chick who claimed she was a huge Steeler fan but when I asked if she ever visited the city she said she drove straight through because cities scare her. Maybe Shawn is afraid of nice architecture and pretty skylines.

I kid but dammit... You can't talk about my home like that. :moon

Flasteel
05-11-2010, 10:28 PM

Shawn lives in rural Kentucky if I remember... most Kentucky residents think any city is a crack den because all they know is grass. I used to work with a chick who claimed she was a huge Steeler fan but when I asked if she ever visited the city she said she drove straight through because cities scare her. Maybe Shawn is afraid of nice architecture and pretty skylines.

I happen to agree with the sentiment that all cities are cesspools of humanity. I don't care how much culture, architectural wonder, green space, or friendly folks there are. All big cities have far too many concentrations of scumbags for my liking. I also can't stand the congestion and traffic that inherently comes with the turf.

Just my opinion and preference. :D

papillon
05-11-2010, 10:42 PM

I happen to agree with the sentiment that all cities are cesspools of humanity. I don't care how much culture, architectural wonder, green space, or friendly folks there are. All big cities have far too many concentrations of scumbags for my liking. I also can't stand the congestion and traffic that inherently comes with the turf.

Just my opinion and preference. :D

We live in rural Pennsylvania nothing but farms just about anywhere you look. But, downtown Pittsburgh, like any other city has its issues and, on the other hand, it is scenic (nothing like dinner on Mt. Washington), friendly (for the most part) and most importantly proud. Just the opinion of a Pennsylvania redneck that grew up in the city.

Pappy

hawaiiansteel
05-11-2010, 11:16 PM
fans like Becky Rickard will be the first ones to start cheering Ben when he throws that come-from-behind winning TD pass...

we are a forgiving society, in a couple of years from now this will all be forgotten.

Shawn
05-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Just an opinion guys no need to get the panties in a bunch. All I know is I lived in Cleveland for 3 years and Steeler fans call Cleveland a hole. Which it is. But, I honestly didn't see anything remotely resembling anything you guys are talking about in Pittsburgh. I seen no superiority in the actual city. I did see alot of poverty. But, I didn't grow up in the Burgh...I am not a Pittsburgh fan. I am a Steelers fan...I am a fan of the organization. So, take my opinion for what its worth.

My point is...when people say the nonsense...like Ben brought shame on this great city it makes me chuckle a little bit. Ben didn't bring great shame on the city. Great shame was the homeless I seen in the streets. Put a little more effort in taking care of your social situations in the city and pay less attention to who your star QB bangs in a bathroom stall.

hawaiiansteel
05-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Just an opinion guys no need to get the panties in a bunch. All I know is I lived in Cleveland for 3 years and Steeler fans call Cleveland a hole. Which it is. But, I honestly didn't see anything remotely resembling anything you guys are talking about in Pittsburgh. I seen no superiority in the actual city. I did see alot of poverty. But, I didn't grow up in the Burgh...I am not a Pittsburgh fan. I am a Steelers fan...I am a fan of the organization. So, take my opinion for what its worth.

My point is...when people say the nonsense...like Ben brought shame on this great city it makes me chuckle a little bit. Ben didn't bring great shame on the city. Great shame was the homeless I seen in the streets. Put a little more effort in taking care of your social situations in the city and pay less attention to who your star QB bangs in a bathroom stall.

maybe we could have a special cheering section in our stadium for people who still support our franchise QB entitled "Big Ben's Stall" :tt2

Shawn
05-12-2010, 12:17 AM
I like this quote...

Where in the hell did you roll into, East Pittsburgh? The Hill District? Wilkinsburg? Or, did you have beer goggles on the whole time? People from Pittsburgh are proud of the city and the Steelers are a reflection of the people, proud. You should go back sober and with someone that can show you around it will change your perception.

Sober...lol no need to be rude. I haven't had a drink in almost 3 years. A tour with someone that knows the city is a good idea. I can say that the part of downtown I rolled through had it's share of big city issues. And while the people of Pittsburgh might be a "proud" people...all these articles and quotes about people concentrating on their QBs sex life grates on my nerves. If I have to read one more article about how Pittsburghers are morally superior proud people who have been shamed by Ben then I think I will pull out my hair.

Shawn
05-12-2010, 12:22 AM

Mods? :lol: Because I think Pittsburgh isn't the Mecca of the NFL sports cities? Come on.

And BTW I grew up in Columbus Ohio. I lived there for over 20 years and lived in Cleveland for three. Pittsburgh isn't any "prouder" than either of those two cities and they certainly don't have less social issues. But, I think you guys are missing my point which isn't surprising.

SS Laser
05-12-2010, 12:39 AM
And while the people of Pittsburgh might be a "proud" people...all these articles and quotes about people concentrating on their QBs sex life grates on my nerves. If I have to read one more article about how Pittsburghers are morally superior proud people who have been shamed by Ben then I think I will pull out my hair.

I figure I know some morally superior people! My dumbazz brother in law wanted Ben traded! I don't know a bunch about his past but do know that he has done some dumbazz sh!t!! I just dropped the argument at the time for peace. But I am sure it will come back up at some point. Anyway :HeadBanger thats how I feel about another article.

Shawn
05-12-2010, 12:52 AM
And while the people of Pittsburgh might be a "proud" people...all these articles and quotes about people concentrating on their QBs sex life grates on my nerves. If I have to read one more article about how Pittsburghers are morally superior proud people who have been shamed by Ben then I think I will pull out my hair.

I figure I know some morally superior people! My dumbazz brother in law wanted Ben traded! I don't know a bunch about his past but do know that he has done some dumbazz sh!t!! I just dropped the argument at the time for peace. But I am sure it will come back up at some point. Anyway :HeadBanger thats how I feel about another article.

I feel your pain.

papillon
05-12-2010, 06:52 AM

And not growing up in the city is exactly why it's difficult to understand why people of Pittsburgh get upset when a Steeler player, any Steeler player from Ernie Holmes to Ben Roethlisberger pull idiotic stunts that can be viewed as shameful.

The Steelers unlike any other professional team (with the exception of European soccer) are a part of the fabric of the city. Many people may not realize it, like it or even want to believe it but it is true. If you've ever lived in the city after the Steelers lose you get a feeling for this intertwining of team and city. The city and the people are decidedly down after a loss and all they can talk about are the Steelers after a win.

It's different and unless you've grown up there I don't think there is any way to fully comprehend the relationship between the team and the city.

Sorry for the drunk comment I completely forgot about your issues a few years back. It wasn't said maliciously. It's not my style to try and be rude, my bad.

Pappy

flippy
05-12-2010, 07:38 AM

kthx

You forgot to mention Good Housekeeping as your favorite non-pornographic magazine to masturbate to. :lol:

Yeeeahhhhhhh!

Boats and hos!!!! Boats and hos!!!!!

I just teabagged your drumset by the way :P

flippy
05-12-2010, 07:52 AM
I like this quote...

Sober...lol no need to be rude. I haven't had a drink in almost 3 years. A tour with someone that knows the city is a good idea. I can say that the part of downtown I rolled through had it's share of big city issues. And while the people of Pittsburgh might be a "proud" people...all these articles and quotes about people concentrating on their QBs sex life grates on my nerves. If I have to read one more article about how Pittsburghers are morally superior proud people who have been shamed by Ben then I think I will pull out my hair.

I kinda agree with you. My wife and I moved South 10+ years ago and every time we go home to visit, it feels dirtier and more depressed in Pittsburgh. I still love the place and see it more for the memories I have throughout the city.

But it doesn't compare to the newer towns in America that are getting major investments these days and are growing in population, jobs, and young energy.

But it's no different than many other older cities. From Cleveland to Detroit to Milwaukee.

On the flipside, places like Pittsburgh, Chicago, SF, etc. have a character and history that newer cities don't.

I'd recommend going on one of the Duck Boat tours next time you are in town. It's the best way to get a good overview of the city by land and river.

frankthetank1
05-12-2010, 09:20 AM
i grew up in one of the worst cities on the east coast so i appreciate a city like pittsburgh more than most people. i love the city life and hate the country so my opinion is a bit slanted. pittsburgh is really a lot nicer than most cities though. the only bad part of pittsburgh i would say is the hills district and imo its really not all that bad. its rundown and nasty but i wouldnt call it ghetto.

ANPSTEEL
05-12-2010, 09:27 AM

kthx

Yeeeahhhhhhh!

Clearly, I need to watch Step Brothers.

RuthlessBurgher
05-12-2010, 09:30 AM

I wish. I might have scored myself had that been the case. :D I was also a radio show host at the time and could have lambasted the guy. Instead I went Man Code and didn't throw him under that public bus.

Asian, please get those dirty, voyeuristic images out of your mind. I was alerted to his presence by the bartender (who was a friend) as I was leaving and sure enough...there he was :shock: I got a passing look from one 45 degree angle and then another as he shuffled the ho (on her knees and fully engaged) around the corner of the POD unit to escape detection from the group of people behind me. Ten seconds later there was a SPD flashlight shining in his grill, with the most classic "oh sh*t" expression on his illuminated face. :D

You did write the book on the Man Code, after all, right?

RuthlessBurgher
05-12-2010, 09:32 AM

Yeeeahhhhhhh!

%&@#ing Catalina Wine Mixer.

frankthetank1
05-12-2010, 09:36 AM

Yeeeahhhhhhh!

%&@#ing Catalina Wine Mixer.

robert better not get in my face, cuz i'll drop that mother effer

Shawn
05-12-2010, 10:40 AM

And not growing up in the city is exactly why it's difficult to understand why people of Pittsburgh get upset when a Steeler player, any Steeler player from Ernie Holmes to Ben Roethlisberger pull idiotic stunts that can be viewed as shameful.

The Steelers unlike any other professional team (with the exception of European soccer) are a part of the fabric of the city. Many people may not realize it, like it or even want to believe it but it is true. If you've ever lived in the city after the Steelers lose you get a feeling for this intertwining of team and city. The city and the people are decidedly down after a loss and all they can talk about are the Steelers after a win.

It's different and unless you've grown up there I don't think there is any way to fully comprehend the relationship between the team and the city.

Sorry for the drunk comment I completely forgot about your issues a few years back. It wasn't said maliciously. It's not my style to try and be rude, my bad.

Pappy

No problem Pappy. I know you don't say things to be malicious. I think I worded my original post poorly and I didn't mean to offend the people that live in Pittsburgh. You are right I don't know about living in the Burgh and how the team is intertwined with daily life there. My comments could have been a bit short sighted. My only point was the focus of some members of the community. It seemed more prudent to focus the attention we have had on Ben to helping some of the impoverished areas of the city. Pittsburgh's issues are no worse than any other large city so degrading the city wasn't my intent.

flippy
05-12-2010, 10:57 AM

I literally watched it 1000 times before I felt like I had watched it enough times. This may make me sound like a dofus, but I laughed out loud hysterically every time I watched this movie.

It's Will Ferrell's best.

And his brother might even be funnier.

calmkiller
05-12-2010, 12:46 PM

I literally watched it 1000 times before I felt like I had watched it enough times. This may make me sound like a dofus, but I laughed out loud hysterically every time I watched this movie.

I love Will Ferrell, but I never really got this movie. Just didn't make me laugh.

RuthlessBurgher
05-12-2010, 12:58 PM

I love Will Ferrell, but I never really got this movie. Just didn't make me laugh.

Some of the parts fell flat (for example, having them both sleep walk and bring the Christmas presents and tree into their parents bedroom wasn't all that funny), but some of the dialogue cracks me up every time, such as:

When I was a kid, when I was a little boy, I always wanted to be a dinosaur, I wanted to be a Tyrannosaurus Rex more than anything in the world, I made my arms short and I roamed the back yard, I chased the neighborhood cats, I growled and I roared, everybody knew me and was afraid of me, and one day my dad said "Bobby you are 17, it’s time to throw childish things aside" and I said "OK Pop", but he didn't really say that he said that "Stop being a %&@#ing dinosaur and get a job".

or

"Dad, we're men. That means a few things - we like to $#!% with the door open, we talk about #@$$%, we go on riverboat gambling trips, and we make our own beef jerky. That's what we do, and now that is all wrecked."

"We literally have never done any of those things."

flippy
05-12-2010, 01:58 PM
I agree with RB. Some parts were flat. But some of it was hysterical.

Here's some of my favorites:

[youtube:1i6vaw8g]bGH2d1jBJu8[/youtube:1i6vaw8g]

[youtube:1i6vaw8g]y2IxEoOqqQY&NR=1[/youtube:1i6vaw8g]

[youtube:1i6vaw8g]o8T095mFdW8&feature=related[/youtube:1i6vaw8g]

[youtube:1i6vaw8g]3BlHY69ZsZ0[/youtube:1i6vaw8g]

[youtube:1i6vaw8g]X78U-eHXpgc&feature=related[/youtube:1i6vaw8g]

And I can't find it but the whole conversation the other guy and his Dad Doback have before Will Ferrell and his mom move in is hilarious.

frankthetank1
05-12-2010, 02:47 PM
I agree with RB. Some parts were flat. But some of it was hysterical.

Here's some of my favorites:

[youtube:3b4kuc7o]bGH2d1jBJu8[/youtube:3b4kuc7o]

[youtube:3b4kuc7o]y2IxEoOqqQY&NR=1[/youtube:3b4kuc7o]

[youtube:3b4kuc7o]o8T095mFdW8&feature=related[/youtube:3b4kuc7o]

[youtube:3b4kuc7o]3BlHY69ZsZ0[/youtube:3b4kuc7o]

[youtube:3b4kuc7o]X78U-eHXpgc&feature=related[/youtube:3b4kuc7o]

And I can't find it but the whole conversation the other guy and his Dad Doback have before Will Ferrell and his mom move in is hilarious.

Suppose Nancy sees me coming out of the shower and decides to come on to me. I'm looking good, got a luscious v of hair going through my chest pubes down to my ball fro. She takes one look at me and goes " Oh my god, I've had the old bull now I want the young calf" and she grabs me by the weiner.

another one of my favorite quotes is "you and your mom are hillbillies, this is a house of learned doctors"

RuthlessBurgher
05-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Suppose Nancy sees me coming out of the shower and decides to come on to me. I'm looking good, got a luscious v of hair going through my chest pubes down to my ball fro. She takes one look at me and goes " Oh my god, I've had the old bull now I want the young calf" and she grabs me by the weiner.

another one of my favorite quotes is "you and your mom are hillbillies, this is a house of learned doctors"

"You're not a doctor... you're a big, fat, curly-headed #&@%!"

Also...

"You yelled 'rape' at the top of your lungs."

"Mom, I honestly thought I was gonna be raped for a second. He had the craziest look in his eyes. And at one point he said, 'Lets get it on.'"

"That was about the fighting. I am so not a raper!"

cruzer8
05-12-2010, 03:21 PM

It was awful.

flippy
05-12-2010, 04:53 PM
The only reason you're living here is because me and my dad decided that your mom was really hot, and maybe we should just both bang her, and we'll put up with the retard in the meantime.

birtikidis
05-12-2010, 05:44 PM
not a will ferrell fan. he's a moron.
whatever happened to subtle humor? or at least humor that is funny?

Flasteel
05-12-2010, 05:54 PM

You did write the book on the Man Code, after all, right?

Great memory RB! :D

flippy
05-12-2010, 06:13 PM
not a will ferrell fan. he's a moron.
whatever happened to subtle humor? or at least humor that is funny?

Betty White was on SNL this weekend :P

hawaiiansteel
05-13-2010, 02:49 AM
who is guilty of piling on?

birtikidis
05-13-2010, 09:56 AM

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/bd8354d8d3bbb9b6887543feed59365551b6067_r.jpeg
thats funny as hell. hell i'm having a good morning already... good news, good laughs now if i can just find some good food..

flippy
05-13-2010, 11:33 AM

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/bd8354d8d3bbb9b6887543feed59365551b6067_r.jpeg

someone should do a big ben photoshop contest.