PDA

View Full Version : Anyone lese notice? Age of Round 1 draftees

Oviedo
05-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Anyone else notice that Pouncey is just 20 years old and this is the 3rd year out of the last 4 that we have drafted a 20 year old?

Not sure if they want younger to develop them and have younger player going into their second contract or what the deal is.

NW Steeler
05-07-2010, 10:19 AM
I think it is entirely coincidental.

Shawn
05-07-2010, 10:35 AM
I suspect LT is behind this youth movement. :shock:

SidSmythe
05-07-2010, 10:45 AM
From what I understand, Ben is very fond of the 20 yr olds and can't wait to get under CENTER now w a young co-ed like Pouncey :shock:

birtikidis
05-07-2010, 11:17 AM
From what I understand, Ben is very fond of the 20 yr olds and can't wait to get under CENTER now w a young co-ed like Pouncey :shock:
oh shyt that was funny! don't make me laugh, I had back surgery yesterday! lol

flippy
05-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Didn't we draft 4 20 year olds?

I think what happens is these younger guys have higher character being ready for the NFL so young and that's why we pick them.

hawaiiansteel
05-07-2010, 03:14 PM

sorry to hear that you had to have back surgery, how did you hurt it?

hope you got some good pain pills...

Steelgal
05-07-2010, 04:18 PM

Hope all went well with your surgery!!!! My half marathon is tomorrow morning. Getting ready to head to Indy as soon as I get off of here.

I think a lot of the younger guys coming out has to do with a potential new rookie salary cap that might start next year, assuming they can get a deal done between the player's union and owners.

RuthlessBurgher
05-07-2010, 04:31 PM

Hope all went well with your surgery!!!! My half marathon is tomorrow morning. Getting ready to head to Indy as soon as I get off of here.

I think a lot of the younger guys coming out has to do with a potential new rookie salary cap that might start next year, assuming they can get a deal done between the player's union and owners.

Run, Steelgal, run! :D

Steel Life
05-07-2010, 07:24 PM
I do think that it's part of a plan & it's smart. When a younger player is up for his second contract, the team should be in a position to lock them up for longer during their prime years. Look for Timmons to have a monster year & sign a below-market long-term contract.