PDA

View Full Version : LT rapes a 15 year old girl

flippy
05-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Lawernce Taylor might take some of the heat off of Big Ben.

But this is pretty twisted.

Sounds like he's getting arrested.

NW Steeler
05-06-2010, 12:00 PM
I thought I heard that it was 3rd degree rape. What the hell does that mean? I think sex with a minor, even if it is "consentual" is considered rape in most states. WTF is he doing with a 15-year old girl anyway? This is the kind of sh!t that is scary as the father of two girls.

flippy
05-06-2010, 12:03 PM
No idea what 3rd degree is, but here's an article:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/05/hall-of-famer-lawrence-taylor-arrested-in-ny-accused-of-rape/1

flippy
05-06-2010, 12:05 PM
It was a prostitute. A pimp was involved. It happened at a Holiday Inn. She was a runaway.

This is messed up stuff.

NW Steeler
05-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Wow. 15-years old, a runaway, a pimp was involved and she was punched in the face. That is Hall of Fame worthy. Sickening.

NW Steeler
05-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Wow. 15-years old, a runaway, a pimp was involved and she was punched in the face. That is Hall of Fame worthy. Sickening.

BTW, thanks for posting the link.

RussBII
05-06-2010, 12:11 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... d-runaway/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/06/report-lawrence-taylor-accused-of-raping-a-15-year-old-runaway/)

Another link.

If Sports Illustrated didn't put out that big article, this and the Sean Peyton stuff would've eclipsed Ben by now.

But, ugh... how horrible.

aggiebones
05-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Geez, at first I was thinking Tomlinson. I bet he's glad to share those initials about now.

Yea, does this take the light off Ben or shine it harder on him. Not sure. That will take awhile to figure out.
I wonder if SI will do an article on him.

flippy
05-06-2010, 12:15 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/06/report-lawrence-taylor-accused-of-raping-a-15-year-old-runaway/

Another link.

If Sports Illustrated didn't put out that big article, this and the Sean Peyton stuff would've eclipsed Ben by now.

This is not funny at all, but in the comments of the article asked "Is Dez Bryant's daddy the pimp?"

Dee Dub
05-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Flip....shouldnt you say..."Allegedly"????? :nono

ANPSTEEL
05-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Flip....shouldnt you say..."Allegedly"?????

you know, as in- HeHateMe allegedly humps goats.

Oviedo
05-06-2010, 12:43 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/06/report-lawrence-taylor-accused-of-raping-a-15-year-old-runaway/

Another link.

Think LT will be on the next cover of SI or would that be too racially provocative?

flippy
05-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Flip....shouldnt you say..."Allegedly"????? :nono

yes. this is correct.

but he did get arrested.

so its a little worse than ben's case.

frankthetank1
05-06-2010, 02:35 PM
i cant believe LT. he has always had coke and crack problems and has been arrested a lot but never for any violent crimes just drug stuff. a 15 year old prostitute holy crap. i really thought he had cleaned his life up. i guess no more slimfast comericals. does anyone think his HOF status could be in jepordy? im not sure if he can be booted out but this is one hanus crime. if pete rose isnt in the HOF for gambling LT should be kicked out imo. this is disgusting

Shawn
05-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Not surprising to see alot of people jumping to conclusions once again. At least give LT his day in court before you find him guilty.

And this is the third degree rape law in NY.

S 130.25 Rape in the third degree.
A person is guilty of rape in the third degree when: 1. He or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person who is
incapable of consent by reason of some factor other than being less than seventeen years old; 2. Being twenty-one years old or more, he or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person less than seventeen years old; or 3. He or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person without such person`s consent where such lack of consent is by reason of some factor other than incapacity to consent. Rape in the third degree is a class E felony

BradshawsHairdresser
05-06-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm sure someone is researching the number of concussions LT suffered during his career?

Shawn
05-06-2010, 08:41 PM
People who belittle those with head trauma are pathetic.

calmkiller
05-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Weren't most people here saying that this is what Ben should do? Go get a prostitute if he wants to have a little fun. The girl was 16 and according to the state he is in that is rape. If it would have been my state it wouldn't. Personally I think its a BS law but that is me. I don't think its right to do what he did, but the whole age/law thing i never agreed with.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
05-06-2010, 11:01 PM
I read he paid $300 bucks.

It's a slippery slope I bet ... he probably would say to himself that 5 years ago he'd never imagine he'd be in this position ... and also that he can't point to any one event that brought him over to the dark side.

I'm from Jersey, and I remember he used to have a club not far from the Meadowlands. I was just a kid then, so I never went in of course. "LT's" , I think it was called.

NJ-STEELER
05-06-2010, 11:35 PM

It's a slippery slope I bet ... he probably would say to himself that 5 years ago he'd never imagine he'd be in this position ... and also that he can't point to any one event that brought him over to the dark side.

I'm from Jersey, and I remember he used to have a club not far from the Meadowlands. I was just a kid then, so I never went in of course. "LT's" , I think it was called.

place was shut down because of drugs IIRC with a share going to him of course...pretty fitting

where were you from San?

BradshawsHairdresser
05-06-2010, 11:48 PM

Who belittled anyone?

I think "pathetic" is a 50-something man raping a 15-year old girl.

What would cause a man to do that?

Shawn
05-07-2010, 12:56 AM

Who belittled anyone?

I'm certainly not defending the man's actions but the girl was 16 which is legal in the state I live. Second, head injuries for me are personal as I have seen the results from my own dad first hand. To use it as a joke is offensive to me.

hawaiiansteel
05-07-2010, 02:37 AM
NFL should ban former players who tarnish the shield

Posted by Mike Florio on May 6, 2010 10:44 PM ET

http://files.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2010-05-06/0507taylormainREUT-g.jpg

The case of Lawrence Taylor, a Hall of Famer who faces up to four years in jail for statutory rape, reminds me of the first time I took my son to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. There we stood, before the bust of Orenthal James Simpson.

He had been acquitted (somehow) of double murder, and he had been found legally responsible for the deaths in civil court. Eventually, he'd find himself in hot water in connection with memorabilia that he by all appearances was trying to sell without exposing the money to the multi-million-dollar judgment held by the family of his ex-wife and the family of Ron Goldman.

Should O.J. Simpson have remained in the Hall of Fame? If Lawrence Taylor is convicted, should he stay there? The rules of the Hall of Fame inexplicably exempt off-field behavior from the consideration, a rule that could make for some interesting discussions if Marvin Harrison is behind bars when the voters retreat behind closed doors to consider his ultimate football fate.

If the folks who run the show in Canton won't change the rules to eject men convicted of felonies from the Hall of Fame, maybe we should aim one level higher. If the NFL adopts a rule permanently banning players who commit serious violations of the law, surely the Pro Football Hall of Fame would respect that approach.

And why shouldn't the league office shun convicted felons? The league hopes to protect the shield. A former player can do just as much damage to the league's image as an active player. When an O.J. Simpson or a Lawrence Taylor gets in trouble, the same media outlets that report and discuss and debate cases involving a Mike Vick or a Ben Roethlisberger will report and discuss and debate the cases involving retired players.

So why not excommunicate former players who bring shame to the game? If they're receiving ongoing benefits from the league, they rightly have an ongoing obligation not to harm the league's interests.

The NFL should be proud of every man enshrined in Canton, and every parent who takes a child to the Hall of Fame shouldn't have to quickly nudge him or her along when they linger before the image of a man who has posed both for a bronze bust and for a mug shot.

We're not suggesting that every player who gets arrested once should be blocked or removed from the Hall of Fame. But there should be a procedure in place for cutting ties with men who commit heinous acts after their careers end. Whether it's done via hard-and-fast rules or on a case-by-case basis, former players should be subject to the same type of banishment that sports like baseball aren't bashful about using, when justified.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... he-shield/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/06/nfl-should-ban-former-players-who-tarnish-the-shield/)

BradshawsHairdresser
05-07-2010, 09:24 AM

Who belittled anyone?

I'm certainly not defending the man's actions but the girl was 16 which is legal in the state I live.

My bad. I didn't realize LT committed a "legal" act. That explains why he got arrested.

Second, head injuries for me are personal as I have seen the results from my own dad first hand. To use it as a joke is offensive to me.

There was no intent to offend you.

My dad suffered from Alzheimer's. If I took offense every time I heard a crack about someone who couldn't think straight, or who was forgetful, or who had mental problems,
I'd be going around offended all the time.

My dad (I'll bet this was true of your dad, too) couldn't "turn on" or "turn off" his condition based upon the social setting. I don't think the same thing could be said for LT...or for Big Ben.

Shawn
05-07-2010, 10:33 AM
You are right...not worth it. Certainly not worth explaining why people saying head trauma is used as an excuse for poor behavior is in poor form. Ignorance is everywhere I suppose.

As for legal...didn't say it was legal in the state he lives. But, if several states see that as a proper age to give sexual consent...16 (not 15 get your facts straight) it must not be a horrible act of child molestation as some are making it out to be. Again, not defending the actions but trying to keep it in perspective. People love to overreact and dramatize everyone elses issues. He was with a girl who in several states was old enough to give consent. Considering the age difference I consider it creepy but I don't consider him a child molester. But, that might just be me.

frankthetank1
05-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Weren't most people here saying that this is what Ben should do? Go get a prostitute if he wants to have a little fun. The girl was 16 and according to the state he is in that is rape. If it would have been my state it wouldn't. Personally I think its a BS law but that is me. I don't think its right to do what he did, but the whole age/law thing i never agreed with.

it wouldnt be rape in WV? not suprised by that at all. is there any age that is considered rape in WV or can a grown man have sex with any little girl regardless of age? do you have a daughter at all? having a daughter i cant imagine a grown man having sex with a kid. that is disgusting. this is one of the many reasons i will never live any where but the northeast

Shawn
05-07-2010, 10:57 AM

it wouldnt be rape in WV? not suprised by that at all. is there any age that is considered rape in WV or can a grown man have sex with any little girl regardless of age? do you have a daughter at all? having a daughter i cant imagine a grown man having sex with a kid. that is disgusting. this is one of the many reasons i will never live any where but the northeast

No need to rip on a place where someone lives. 16 is the age of consent in WV and KY. A day younger than 16 is considered a crime. I have two daughters and find it disturbing mainly because of the age difference. With that said, I worked at a clinic where almost everyone on staff had been married at 16 yo. Girls are seen as women here when they reach the age of 16. We had several who married at 16 and had 15-30 years of marriage under their belt. I suppose us ignorant rednecks just don't get it eh?

BradshawsHairdresser
05-07-2010, 10:57 AM

I have a 16-year old daughter. I don't know what the laws are in every state, but IMO, it ought to be a CRIME everywhere. I would think anyone who had a 16-year old daughter would agree.

Shawn
05-07-2010, 11:00 AM

I have a 16-year old daughter. I don't know what the laws are in every state, but IMO, it ought to be a CRIME everywhere. I would think anyone who had a 16-year old daughter would agree.

So, you believe it should be a crime if a 20 yo BF has relations with his 16 yo GF? I guess we can agree to disagree but I don't see anything criminal in that act. With LT, considering his age I consider it a morally bankrupt act. I find it disturbing on a personal level. With that said, I do make distinctions between criminal and amoral.

frankthetank1
05-07-2010, 11:05 AM

No need to rip on a place where someone lives. 16 is the age of consent in WV and KY. A day younger than 16 is considered a crime. I have two daughters and find it disturbing mainly because of the age difference. With that said, I worked at a clinic where almost everyone on staff had been married at 16 yo. Girls are seen as women here when they reach the age of 16. We had several who married at 16 and had 15-30 years of marriage under their belt. I suppose us ignorant rednecks just don't get it eh?

i didnt rip on WV. i said im wasnt suprised that it wouldnt be a crime there. how is that making fun? i thought you had to be 18 to get married in every state. how can a junior in high school get married? that is very odd to me sense you are still a minor until you are 18. at 16 girls are not mature enough imo to be considered an adult. can a guy get married at 16 there? if so that makes no sense. you cant drink until you are 21 and you cant serve in the military until you are 18 but you can ruin your life with marriage at 16? that makes no sense

Shawn
05-07-2010, 11:13 AM

i didnt rip on WV. i said im wasnt suprised that it wouldnt be a crime there. how is that making fun? i thought you had to be 18 to get married in every state. how can a junior in high school get married? that is very odd to me sense you are still a minor until you are 18. at 16 girls are not mature enough imo to be considered an adult. can a guy get married at 16 there? if so that makes no sense. you cant drink until you are 21 and you cant serve in the military until you are 18 but you can ruin your life with marriage at 16? that makes no sense

I'm not sure if they had to get parent signatures or what...never researched the law. I just know it's seen differently down here and girls get married and have families very young here. I had 5 staff members all married at 16. The only reason I know the age of consent here is because we had a case...22 yo guy 16 yo girl. The police told me of the law. It's a cultural thing I suppose.

Personally, I don't believe a person is old enough to make a decision about marriage until about 25...brain/personality still forming/changing. I will encourage my girls to get married later rather than sooner. But, who am I to tell others when to get married and how to raise their kids?

flippy
05-07-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm sure this girl didn't make the decision to become a prostitute. Didn't willingly want a pimp. And didn't get started the day she turned 16.

And I'm sure she didn't ask to be beat.

There's pretty much no way to view this other than totally messed up and unacceptable.

Shawn
05-07-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm sure this girl didn't make the decision to become a prostitute. Didn't willingly want a pimp. And didn't get started the day she turned 16.

There's pretty much no way to view this other than totally messed up and unacceptable.

It's a messed up situation. With that said, I don't believe LT beat the girl, made her run away, or forced her into prostitution.

frankthetank1
05-07-2010, 11:53 AM

It's a messed up situation. With that said, I don't believe LT beat the girl, made her run away, or forced her into prostitution.

i dont think he beat her up either. he already admitted he paid her 300 bucks for sex though. its very sad after all the drug abuse and losing all his money on drugs and bad investments he does something like this. i guess some people dont learn

flippy
05-07-2010, 11:57 AM

No one would be forced into prostitution if there weren't people willing to pay for it.

I have no idea what happened here. Just that it's a sad situation all the way around.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
05-07-2010, 11:59 AM
"16'll get you 20". (16 years old gets you 20 years in jail).

Repeat that 10,000 times. All the guys I grew up with did at one point or other in their lives. It's not hard to remember after that. And if there's doubt about the girl in front of you, repeat it once more. Just stay away. L.T. FUBAR'd, plain and simple.

flippy
05-07-2010, 12:00 PM

Repeat that 10,000 times. All the guys I grew up with did at one point or other in their lives. It's not hard to remember after that. And if there's doubt about the girl in front of you, repeat it once more. Just stay away. L.T. FUBAR'd, plain and simple.

Unlesss you're a mormon.

SS Laser
05-07-2010, 12:32 PM
I don't think he "ordered" up a 16 yo hooker!

Shawn
05-07-2010, 02:25 PM
I don't think he "ordered" up a 16 yo hooker!

Agreed. He wanted sex...was willing to pay for it. Do Johns usually check the prostitutes ID? Listen, I'm not the moral police...if a man wants to pay a consenting adult for sex that should be a legal transaction. When the government legislates morality they overstep their bounds. I have personally never even stepped foot in a strip club. There is something very off putting about paying for anything sexual. But, I know some guys enjoy that sort of thing. Who am I to say they shouldn't engage in those activities? The government certainly shouldn't step in and regulate sex.

With all of that said, LT must realize he lives in a society that doesn't believe the way I do. He knew what he did (if he has admitted it) was illegal. When you do illegal things...bad things can happen to you. He probably had no idea of the girls age...and probably didn't ask. But, he put himself in a bad bad place and he will get some time out of this.

Shawn
05-07-2010, 02:30 PM

No one would be forced into prostitution if there weren't people willing to pay for it.

I have no idea what happened here. Just that it's a sad situation all the way around.

That's sort of like not teaching your kids about safe sex because you don't believe they should have intercourse before marriage. It's naive. Prostitution is referred to as the "oldest profession" for a reason. There will always be a market for it.

In the "war against drugs". Do you believe the police should go after the drug addict...because their demand fuels the market? Nah...you go after those who supply it. You go after those who profit from other's addictions. Same here...you go after the guy who forced her into prostitution. Don't punish LT for the pimps crimes. Punish LT only for his own crimes.

Shawn
05-07-2010, 02:41 PM

i dont think he beat her up either. he already admitted he paid her 300 bucks for sex though. its very sad after all the drug abuse and losing all his money on drugs and bad investments he does something like this. i guess some people dont learn

I read somewhere that she was beat before having sex with LT by her pimp...allegedly. People had issue that he had sex with a girl that had been freshly beat. I personally can see that point.

I seen a documentary just the other day on LT. He stated, he has always been geared to abuse anything that can alter him...adrenaline, drugs, sex whatever. I have alot of experience dealing with addicts, 12 steps, AA etc. You can tell when it finally clicks for someone. You can see the manifestations of the programs in their eyes, actions and words. Watching that documentary, I turned to my wife and said, "for a guy with 10 years sobriety he looks and sounds really really sick". "I wouldn't be shocked if he is using again". I don't know if he was using, but I suspect he traded addictions.

And your last statement supports why they call this a disease. Who else purposefully self destructs? Who gets burned by a flame, then goes back for more? People who don't have these issues will never understand an addicts mind. It will baffle all logic. They can't understand the compulsions, the obsessions and the self destructive behavior. Even with treatment, the odds are extremely poor. Most addicts die from their disease and I find that very very sad.

Shawn
05-07-2010, 02:47 PM

I think 16 will get you 5 in this case (as I believe that's the max sentence) but I get your point. I don't think anyone can defend LTs actions. He should be punished accordingly. I just don't want him punished more harshly because of the pimps actions or a public moral outcry. He needs to be judged and punished like any joe smoe on the street.

birtikidis
05-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Ben should make a commercial where LT comes in and says
"ben why are you assaulting all these girls"
Ben- "I dont' want to talk about it"
"Ben where did you learn all this bad behavior"
Ben (very tearfully) "I learned it from watching you!"

Shawn
05-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Ben should make a commercial where LT comes in and says
"ben why are you assaulting all these girls"
Ben- "I dont' want to talk about it"
"Ben where did you learn all this bad behavior"
Ben (very tearfully) "I learned it from watching you!"

:lol: Nice.

calmkiller
05-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Reports are that she told him she was 19. I am in no way saying that getting a prostitute is morally right or anything like that. I think if you can't get it for free then you have....other means..... My main grip about the whole thing is the law. 16 is the legal age here. Its a shame when a 19 year old has a 16 year old girl friend and he is a "rapist" because they had consensual sex.(if the state views 17 or 18 as the legal age There is a 4 year law thrown in there somewhere too but I can't remember everything exactly.) But the state says they can't consent. The 19 year old has to file as a sex offender because he made love to his girl friend.

The case in question with LT is Sick because of his age. Its morally wrong and I don't agree with it. I was only stating that this law in question is complete crap. I guess you can look at it differently depending on where you come from. I don't take offense to you disagreeing with WV law. That is your right. But I personally think the law is a crock in many situations.

LT got the shaft in part because he was told she was 19. Its a stupid situation, but hes the one that has to pay because she lied about her age.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
05-07-2010, 04:13 PM

place was shut down because of drugs IIRC with a share going to him of course...pretty fitting

where were you from San?

Hey NJ - just west out rt 22, Mountainside. Moved to Upper Saddle River later. Left Jeresey when I graduated HS, haven't been back to live, not that I don't want to, but that's just life (I'm getting out of jail in 3, maybe then ... just kidding!).

Where do you live now - Jersey, or have you moved away too?

NJ-STEELER
05-07-2010, 04:50 PM
i remember a NY yankee back in the 80's who was also accused of statutory rape.

luis polonia

he had sex with a 15 yr old. i think he never served any time because the girl told him she was of age and it was consensual...and IIRC the reports were she didn't look close to 15

NJ-STEELER
05-07-2010, 04:59 PM

where were you from San?

Hey NJ - just west out rt 22, Mountainside. Moved to Upper Saddle River later. Left Jeresey when I graduated HS, haven't been back to live, not that I don't want to, but that's just life (I'm getting out of jail in 3, maybe then ... just kidding!).

USR... very nice

i know a little of moutainside. i've been in bergen county my whole life. cliffside park, lyndhurst and now new milford

SanAntonioSteelerFan
05-07-2010, 05:51 PM
[quote=SanAntonioSteelerFan]I read he paid $300 bucks.

where were you from San?

USR... very nice

i know a little of moutainside. i've been in bergen county my whole life. cliffside park, lyndhurst and now new milford[/quote:2suyuvl8]

No Big Blue for you? I became a Steeler fan in college in Pittsburgh. I still root for Giants and Jets (except, of course, when it affects the Steelers!), I know that's not very Jersey-like to root for BOTH the Blue and the Green, but I miss the "Greater Metropolitan Area"!

Shawn
05-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Reports are that she told him she was 19. I am in no way saying that getting a prostitute is morally right or anything like that. I think if you can't get it for free then you have....other means..... My main grip about the whole thing is the law. 16 is the legal age here. Its a shame when a 19 year old has a 16 year old girl friend and he is a "rapist" because they had consensual sex.(if the state views 17 or 18 as the legal age There is a 4 year law thrown in there somewhere too but I can't remember everything exactly.) But the state says they can't consent. The 19 year old has to file as a sex offender because he made love to his girl friend.

The case in question with LT is Sick because of his age. Its morally wrong and I don't agree with it. I was only stating that this law in question is complete crap. I guess you can look at it differently depending on where you come from. I don't take offense to you disagreeing with WV law. That is your right. But I personally think the law is a crock in many situations.

LT got the shaft in part because he was told she was 19. Its a stupid situation, but hes the one that has to pay because she lied about her age.

I agree and disagree. I agree with the whole 19 yo BF 16 yo GF thing...load of crock. But, LT isn't being punished because she lied. He is being punished because he committed a crime...even though I don't agree with prostitution laws (which in my mind it's utterly ridiculous that you can pay two people to have sex on camera, but two adults cant have an arrangement for sex). But, you don't have to agree with the laws to abide by them. He knowingly broke the law...and he will get extra ish because the girl lied about her age.

NJ-STEELER
05-07-2010, 11:37 PM
[quote=SanAntonioSteelerFan]I read he paid $300 bucks.

where were you from San?

USR... very nice

i know a little of moutainside. i've been in bergen county my whole life. cliffside park, lyndhurst and now new milford

No Big Blue for you? I became a Steeler fan in college in Pittsburgh. I still root for Giants and Jets (except, of course, when it affects the Steelers!), I know that's not very Jersey-like to root for BOTH the Blue and the Green, but I miss the "Greater Metropolitan Area"![/quote:3jwo159q]

not really...there's pics of me as a kid (5 or 6) with steeler gear on...mostly from following whoever my older brother liked....and i stuck with it

i dont mind the giants. even downright root for them vs dallas (but i do that with a few teams when they play dallas)

cant stand the jets though

cant stand the jets

frankthetank1
05-07-2010, 11:53 PM

luis polonia

he had sex with a 15 yr old. i think he never served any time because the girl told him she was of age and it was consensual...and IIRC the reports were she didn't look close to 15

oh my god i forgot all about luis polonia. that guy was a dirt bag, i use to love to heckle him every time he played against the yanks when he was with the angels. come to think of it i actually had a babysitter that went out with Mel Hall who also played with the yanks in the 80's. i hope she was 18 at the time :shock: mel hall actually got arrested in the city i grew up in CT for having a tiger of all things. a freaking tiger. he must of thought he was tony montana

NJ-STEELER
05-08-2010, 12:08 AM
pretty sure i recall mel hall getting into the same kind of trouble some years back..statutory rape.

need to google

NJ-STEELER
05-08-2010, 12:11 AM
FORT WORTH, Texas -- Former major league outfielder Mel Hall was found guilty Tuesday of sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl he coached on an elite basketball team a decade ago.

A Tarrant County jury took about 90 minutes to convict the 48-year-old Hall on three counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and two counts of indecency with a child.

The sentencing phase was to resume Wednesday after two witnesses testified Tuesday afternoon. Hall faces up to life in prison.

Hall's accuser, now 23, testified Monday that Hall engaged in sex acts with her in various places, including her home and Hall's apartment.

Hall was arrested in 2007 by police in a Fort Worth suburb investigating allegations of sexual abuse.

NJ-STEELER
05-08-2010, 12:14 AM
During the investigation, a second alleged victim under the age of 14 was identified.
One of these girls was 12 at the time of the rape. On June 16, 2009, Hall was convicted on three counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and two counts of indecency with a child. On June 17, 2009, he was sentenced to 45 years in prison. He must serve 22 years and 4 months before he's eligible for parole.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
05-08-2010, 10:42 AM

luis polonia

oh my god i forgot all about luis polonia. that guy was a dirt bag, i use to love to heckle him every time he played against the yanks when he was with the angels. come to think of it i actually had a babysitter that went out with Mel Hall who also played with the yanks in the 80's. i hope she was 18 at the time :shock: mel hall actually got arrested in the city i grew up in CT for having a tiger of all things. a freaking tiger. he must of thought he was tony montana

That was so funny I snorted coffee backwards out my nose, now I gotta clean up my keyboard.

"I've got to get organized"!!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_S8nOj9GVOhM/SLjZ-wP4DiI/AAAAAAAAAI4/WZTIeNrZClc/S660/Tony_Montana_Coke.jpg

frankthetank1
05-08-2010, 11:11 AM
FORT WORTH, Texas -- Former major league outfielder Mel Hall was found guilty Tuesday of sexually assaulting a 12-year-old girl he coached on an elite basketball team a decade ago.

A Tarrant County jury took about 90 minutes to convict the 48-year-old Hall on three counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child and two counts of indecency with a child.

The sentencing phase was to resume Wednesday after two witnesses testified Tuesday afternoon. Hall faces up to life in prison.

Hall's accuser, now 23, testified Monday that Hall engaged in sex acts with her in various places, including her home and Hall's apartment.

Hall was arrested in 2007 by police in a Fort Worth suburb investigating allegations of sexual abuse.

wow this isnt suprising at all. i recall my babysitter being in highschool when she was going out with him so she couldnt of been 18 at the time. she was pretty hot but still, that is pretty gross. at least i got an autographed ball from the yankees out of it, not like there are any big names on it except for don mattingly

RuthlessBurgher
05-08-2010, 12:06 PM

luis polonia

That was so funny I snorted coffee backwards out my nose, now I gotta clean up my keyboard.

"I've got to get organized"!!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_S8nOj9GVOhM/SLjZ-wP4DiI/AAAAAAAAAI4/WZTIeNrZClc/S660/Tony_Montana_Coke.jpg

It was appropriate that a post about Tony Montana made you snort something that was likely grown in Colombia. :lol:

http://www.readingeagle.com/blog/madrid/archives/Juan%20valdez%20cafe%20de%20colombia.jpg

SS Laser
05-08-2010, 04:11 PM
On topic:

NFL | Lawrence Taylor said he paid for sex
Comment (0)
Sat, 08 May 2010 07:03:57 -0400

Retired NFL LB Lawrence Taylor admitted paying for sex at a suburban Holiday Inn where police say he raped a 16-year-old runaway, federal prosecutors said Friday, May 7, in a criminal complaint against the girl's alleged pimp, reports The Associated Press. The papers filed in federal court in Manhattan refer to Taylor only as "Client-1.'' In the paperwork, authorities claim Taylor told police following his arrest Thursday, May 6, that he had taken a car service from Newark International Airport to the hotel north of New York City to meet "Victim-1.'' Taylor told investigators that after "engaging in sex acts'' with the victim, he paid her $300 in cash, the complaint says.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0nN2kfkoE