PDA

View Full Version : Could you go to every stadium in a year?

MeetJoeGreene
05-05-2010, 08:03 AM
OK. Once the final schedule is out (times and all), I want to do a "contest". I always wondered how possible/probable it would be to see a game in every stadium during the course of a regular season. A bonus would be to see every team play.

This is totally subjective. My goals would be to minimize the number of flights. (e.g. See Oakland and SF home games on a same trip if possible). We couldn't do 1 and 4 oclock games but a 1 and NBC Sunday Night might be possible for teams close enough (e.g. Pittsburgh and Cleveland).

RussBII
05-05-2010, 09:36 AM
I would think it might be possible with a favorable schedule. You'll need to hit 2 games most weekends, right? So you'd need a bunch of Early games followed by geographically close-ish Sunday/Monday night game.

The Thursday games could potentially really help.

That's how I'd start out. I'd plan trips to the stadiums that have Thurs games, then try to show horn the rest in.

calmkiller
05-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Washington and Baltimore would be possible.

SteelAbility
05-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Yes, I think it can be done. The Thursday night games make it much easier. I think they start some time around Week 9 or 10.

How 'bout driving? You could quite possibly hit PHI, WASH, and NYG in one weekend (WASH at 1 on Sunday, PHI at 8 on Sunday night, NYG on Monday) all driving. You may be able to hit all 3 Florida teams too the same way.

flippy
05-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Should be easily doable because there are 17 weeks of Sun/Mon football (34 games) + Thurs games.

I also bet you could easily see every team.

ramblinjim
05-05-2010, 11:38 AM
You cold probably also do Chicago / St. Louis, or St. Louis, Tennessee..... hmmm......

Washington, Baltimore, Baltimore / Philly could work as could Washington, Philly, it's only a couple of hours. Washington / NY could be done if you have a Sunday 1 and a Sunday Night or Monday night game....

papillon
05-05-2010, 11:51 AM
If you don't have to see the entire game, I would think it should be possible. If Philly were playing an NFC opponent at 1:00 in Philly and the Steelers and Ravens were playing at M&T at 4:00 (national game of the week) and the skins were playing at home against the Cowboys on Sunday night, you would be able to hit those three stadiums in one day.

I don't think this task would be that easy though, the above scenario, while it could happen, would be unlikely.

Pappy

RussBII
05-05-2010, 12:50 PM
If you don't have to see the entire game, I would think it should be possible. If Philly were playing an NFC opponent at 1:00 in Philly and the Steelers and Ravens were playing at M&T at 4:00 (national game of the week) and the skins were playing at home against the Cowboys on Sunday night, you would be able to hit those three stadiums in one day.

I don't think this task would be that easy though, the above scenario, while it could happen, would be unlikely.

Pappy

I think not staying for the whole game is cheating. You gotta stay for the whole game and hopefully get some tailgating in when possible.

This is possible, but an accommodating schedule is a must.

D Rock
05-05-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm thinking if you can get to every stadium, then yes, you SHOULD be able to see every team as well. If you don't, then you really screwed up. :moon

RussBII
05-05-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm thinking if you can get to every stadium, then yes, you SHOULD be able to see every team as well. If you don't, then you really screwed up. :moon

Wouldn't it be better to catch the Steelers at all of their away games (plus 1 at home) and say screw it to seeing all the teams?

hawaiiansteel
05-05-2010, 03:33 PM
i would have to move from hawaii and that's just not possible...the women are just too beautiful here.

ikestops85
05-05-2010, 03:41 PM
OK. Once the final schedule is out (times and all), I want to do a "contest". I always wondered how possible/probable it would be to see a game in every stadium during the course of a regular season. A bonus would be to see every team play.

This is totally subjective. My goals would be to minimize the number of flights. (e.g. See Oakland and SF home games on a same trip if possible). We couldn't do 1 and 4 oclock games but a 1 and NBC Sunday Night might be possible for teams close enough (e.g. Pittsburgh and Cleveland).

The real contest would be if you could do it wearing a Big Ben jersey. :stirpot

NorCal-Steeler
05-05-2010, 07:30 PM
should be pretty easy if you leave teams like the colts, saints and vikes for post season the questions is what would it cost .

MeetJoeGreene
05-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Doh. My bad.

Except for Giants Stadium where both the Jets and Giants play. I would have to go to that twice.

RuthlessBurgher
05-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Doh. My bad.

Except for Giants Stadium where both the Jets and Giants play. I would have to go to that twice.

They do play each other there in the preseason opener (counting preseason games might be considered cheating, though).

MeetJoeGreene
05-05-2010, 09:28 PM
http://www.nfl.com/schedules

I could get 4 games in the first week.

Opener in NO on Thurs.
Sunday 1PM in Philly
Sunday 8:20 in DC
Monday at New Meadowland.

Week 2: Sunday Oakland
Monday: San Fran.

...more to follow

Lonbull
05-09-2010, 04:48 AM
MJG -

As I began thinking about this - I came to the comclusion that it wouldn't be my style to "miss" Steeler games just so that I could watch other teams play...that doesn't sound fun at all. So my parameters were this -

1 - No Steeler games are to be missed - must be live or t.v.
2 - Attempt include all 32 teams and as many different staduims as possible.
3 - A couple of trips are pretty tight and I might miss the kickoff - but overall I think it's a pretty reasonable schedule - exhausting, but reasonable.

4 - My rules were that I lived in Pittsburgh and that I worked a job from Monday - Friday, usual hours - so while I could have "knocked" out a couple of more Thursday or Monday Night games - I thought this would be a little more realistic. Where it says 1 Flight - I mean 1 Roundtrip Flight or Drive.

5 - However my line of work would understand that I'd be attending all Thursday and Sunday and Monday Night Steelers games....naturally.

Lonbull's Cross Country O' Football Schedule

Week 1 - Heinz Field - Atlanta @ Pittsburgh - No Travel

*Steelers game should finish around 4:00 pm, I jump in the car and drive the 4 hour trip to D.C. for Sunday Night Football.

Week 1 - Fed Ex Field - Dallas @ Washington - 1 Drive / 4 Teams / 2 Stadiums

Week 2 - Jacksonville Municipal Staduim - Colts @ Jacksonville - 1 Flight / 1 Drive / 6 Teams / 3 Stadiums / 1 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 3 - Raymond James Staduim - Pittburgh @ Tampa Bay - 1:00 pm

*Drive 273 miles close to the speed limit :wink: so that I can still park and make the Sunday night game in Miami!

Week 3 - Sun Life Staduim - Jets @ Miami - 2 Flights / 2 Drives / 9 Teams / 5 Stadiums / 1 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 4 - Meadowlands - Chicago @ Giants - 3 Flights / 2 Drives / 11 Teams / 6 Stadiums / 2 Steeler Games on T.V.

Week 5 - Oakland Coliseum - San Diego @ Oakland - 1:00 pm

*Take the Bart out of Oakland into San Francisco - for Sunday Night Football

Week 5 - Candlestick Park - Philadelphia @ 49ers - 4 Flights / 2 Drives / 1 Transport / 8 Stadiums / 15 Teams / 1 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 6 - Mall of America Field - Dallas @ Minnesota - 5 Flights / 2 Drives / 1 Transport / 9 Stadiums / 16 Teams / 2 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 7 - Quest Field - Arizona @ Seattle - 6 Flights / 2 Drives / 1 Transport / 10 Stadiums / 18 Teams / 3 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 8 - Superdome - Pittsburgh @ New Orleans - 7 Flights / 2 Drives / 1 Transport / 11 Stadiums / 19 Teams / 3 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 9 - Ford Field - New York Jets @ Detroit - *Drive Sunday night to Cincy.
Week 9 - Paul Brown Staduim - Steelers @ Bengals - MNF - 8 Flights / 3 Drives / 1 Transport / 13 Stadiums / 21 Teams / 3 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 10 - Investco Field - Chiefs @ Denver - 9 Flights / 3 Drives / 1 Transport / 14 Stadiums / 23 Teams / 4 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 11 - Edward Jones Dome - Atlanta @ St. Louis - 10 Flights / 3 Drives / 1 Transport / 15 Stadiums / 24 Teams / 5 Steelers Game on T.V.

*Drive to Detroit

Week 12 - Ford Field - New England @ Detroit - Thanksgiving Game -

*Drive to Buffalo.

Week 12 - Ralph Wilson Staduim - Pittsburgh @ Buffalo - 10 Flights / 5 Drives / 1 Transport / 16 Stadiums / 26 Teams / 5 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 13 - Lincoln Financial Field - Houston @ Eagles -

*I leave work early (Pittsburgh) drive to Philly for the Thursday Night Game. Drive to Baltimore on Sunday.

Week 13 - M & T Staduim - Pittsburgh @ Baltimore - 10 Flights / 7 Drives / 1 Transport / 18 Stadiums / 28 Teams / 5 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 14 - Heinz Field - Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh - 10 Flights / 7 Drives / 1 Transport / 18 Stadiums / 28 Teams / 5 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 15 - Gillette Staduim - Green Bay @ Patriots - 11 Flights / 7 Drives / 1 Transport / 19 Stadiums / 29 Teams / 6 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 16 - Heinz Field - Carolina @ Pittsburgh -Thursday Night Game
Week 16 - Arrowhead Stadium - Tennessee @ K.C. Sunday Game - 12 Flights / 7 Drives / 1 Transport / 20 Stadiums / 31 Teams / 6 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 17 - Cleveland Browns Staduim - Pittsburgh @ Cleveland - 12 Flights / 8 Drives / 1 Transport / 21 Stadiums / 32 Teams / 6 Steelers Game on T.V

Not bad only missed 6 live games - and ended up seeing all 32 teams play. The tough team to squeeze in is Jacksonville -

SteelAbility
05-10-2010, 01:19 PM
MJG -

As I began thinking about this - I came to the comclusion that it wouldn't be my style to "miss" Steeler games just so that I could watch other teams play...that doesn't sound fun at all. So my parameters were this -

3 - A couple of trips are pretty tight and I might miss the kickoff - but overall I think it's a pretty reasonable schedule - exhausting, but reasonable.

4 - My rules were that I lived in Pittsburgh and that I worked a job from Monday - Friday, usual hours - so while I could have "knocked" out a couple of more Thursday or Monday Night games - I thought this would be a little more realistic. Where it says 1 Flight - I mean 1 Roundtrip Flight or Drive.

5 - However my line of work would understand that I'd be attending all Thursday and Sunday and Monday Night Steelers games....naturally.

*Steelers game should finish around 4:00 pm, I jump in the car and drive the 4 hour trip to D.C. for Sunday Night Football.

Week 2 - Jacksonville Municipal Staduim - Colts @ Jacksonville - 1 Flight / 1 Drive / 6 Teams / 3 Stadiums / 1 Steelers Game on T.V.

*Drive 273 miles close to the speed limit :wink: so that I can still park and make the Sunday night game in Miami!

Week 3 - Sun Life Staduim - Jets @ Miami - 2 Flights / 2 Drives / 9 Teams / 5 Stadiums / 1 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 4 - Meadowlands - Chicago @ Giants - 3 Flights / 2 Drives / 11 Teams / 6 Stadiums / 2 Steeler Games on T.V.

Week 5 - Candlestick Park - Philadelphia @ 49ers - 4 Flights / 2 Drives / 1 Transport / 8 Stadiums / 15 Teams / 1 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 6 - Mall of America Field - Dallas @ Minnesota - 5 Flights / 2 Drives / 1 Transport / 9 Stadiums / 16 Teams / 2 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 7 - Quest Field - Arizona @ Seattle - 6 Flights / 2 Drives / 1 Transport / 10 Stadiums / 18 Teams / 3 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 8 - Superdome - Pittsburgh @ New Orleans - 7 Flights / 2 Drives / 1 Transport / 11 Stadiums / 19 Teams / 3 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 9 - Paul Brown Staduim - Steelers @ Bengals - MNF - 8 Flights / 3 Drives / 1 Transport / 13 Stadiums / 21 Teams / 3 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 10 - Investco Field - Chiefs @ Denver - 9 Flights / 3 Drives / 1 Transport / 14 Stadiums / 23 Teams / 4 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 11 - Edward Jones Dome - Atlanta @ St. Louis - 10 Flights / 3 Drives / 1 Transport / 15 Stadiums / 24 Teams / 5 Steelers Game on T.V.

*Drive to Detroit

*Drive to Buffalo.

Week 12 - Ralph Wilson Staduim - Pittsburgh @ Buffalo - 10 Flights / 5 Drives / 1 Transport / 16 Stadiums / 26 Teams / 5 Steelers Game on T.V.

*I leave work early (Pittsburgh) drive to Philly for the Thursday Night Game. Drive to Baltimore on Sunday.

Week 13 - M & T Staduim - Pittsburgh @ Baltimore - 10 Flights / 7 Drives / 1 Transport / 18 Stadiums / 28 Teams / 5 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 14 - Heinz Field - Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh - 10 Flights / 7 Drives / 1 Transport / 18 Stadiums / 28 Teams / 5 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 15 - Gillette Staduim - Green Bay @ Patriots - 11 Flights / 7 Drives / 1 Transport / 19 Stadiums / 29 Teams / 6 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 16 - Arrowhead Stadium - Tennessee @ K.C. Sunday Game - 12 Flights / 7 Drives / 1 Transport / 20 Stadiums / 31 Teams / 6 Steelers Game on T.V.

Week 17 - Cleveland Browns Staduim - Pittsburgh @ Cleveland - 12 Flights / 8 Drives / 1 Transport / 21 Stadiums / 32 Teams / 6 Steelers Game on T.V

Not bad only missed 6 live games - and ended up seeing all 32 teams play. The tough team to squeeze in is Jacksonville -

:Bow

Estimated Cost?

:P

SteelAbility
05-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Week 16

CAR @PIT (Thursday 12/23)
BAL @CLE (Sunday 12/26 1:00 pm)
SD @CIN (Sunday 12/26 8:20 pm)

Three stadiums in one week, no flight if you live in any those three cities. The drive from CLE to CIN might be a bit tight (216 Miles + city traffic will be a bit tough to pull off between 4:15 and 8:20). The drawback is the COLD. It would be nice to hit some of the warmer stadiums at this time of year. But being XMAS, if you live in Pittsburgh the travel is actually simplified. The other drawback is a drive home from CIN on Sunday Night. But if you have vacation planned right around then, then it's pretty do-able.

aggiebones
05-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Doh. My bad.

Not necessarily as you could see either one on the road. For instance seeing Jets at home, but NYGiants in Washington. I think it would easily be doable to see every team and every stadium in 1 regular season.

Lonbull
05-10-2010, 04:48 PM

Estimated Cost?

Steel Ability -

You bastage - I just had to do the due diligence on it -

First of all my expense "report" is based on the fact that you'd be living in Pittsburgh - but from there this is what we're looking at:

* I looked up tickets and did an average of $200 per game - I figure some games I'm going to get gouged (Pittsburgh / Thanksgiving Game) and others (Atlanta @ St. Louis) I wouldn't mind just paying the minimum to get in. $200 seems about right.

Game Tickets - $4,800

* I subtracted a few flights from my original itinerary, and instead decided to save money and make the drive.

Cost of Flights - $2,870

Including -
Jacksonville
Tampa Bay / Miami
East Rutherford NJ (Giants)
Oakland / San Fran.
New Orleans
Denver
St. Louis
Boston (Patriots)
Kansas City

*This of course is if we booked all of these flights - now - by far the hardest trip will be Kansas City the day after Christmas in regards to flights.

General Expenses = $8625

$350 per game stipend - this includes modest Motel / Hotel, Taxi service, Airport Parking and cheap eats for 19 Road Trips, with an additional $150 for the two double headers (total $300) = $6,950

1 Rental Car - $75 (Tampa to Miami)

Estimated total cost of gas for driving to certain games = $615

Estimated total cost = $16,295

SteelAbility
05-10-2010, 05:09 PM

Estimated Cost?

Steel Ability -

You bastage - I just had to do the due diligence on it -

First of all my expense "report" is based on the fact that you'd be living in Pittsburgh - but from there this is what we're looking at:

* I looked up tickets and did an average of $200 per game - I figure some games I'm going to get gouged (Pittsburgh / Thanksgiving Game) and others (Atlanta @ St. Louis) I wouldn't mind just paying the minimum to get in. $200 seems about right.

Game Tickets - $4,800

* I subtracted a few flights from my original itinerary, and instead decided to save money and make the drive.

Cost of Flights - $2,870

Including -
Jacksonville
Tampa Bay / Miami
East Rutherford NJ (Giants)
Oakland / San Fran.
New Orleans
Denver
St. Louis
Boston (Patriots)
Kansas City

*This of course is if we booked all of these flights - now - by far the hardest trip will be Kansas City the day after Christmas in regards to flights.

General Expenses = $8625

$350 per game stipend - this includes modest Motel / Hotel, Taxi service, Airport Parking and cheap eats for 19 Road Trips, with an additional $150 for the two double headers (total $300) = $6,950

1 Rental Car - $75 (Tampa to Miami)

Estimated total cost of gas for driving to certain games = $615

Estimated total cost = $16,295

I'm honored. :moon

Ouch! :Beer

Lonbull
05-10-2010, 05:57 PM

You know I meant that in the best way :tt2 - but the "moon" was certainly deserved.

I think you could probably do this (with the right marketing) for about $5600 - or even less if could get a hotel deal out of this.

I'm seeing the power of social media - and if someone went on youtube/facebook/twitter and really pushed for it - I think that person could cut the cost by 2/3rds - and if it were really successful - even get paid to do it!

Ultimately you'd have to video the entire "journey" and share it like a reality series - but I'm pretty certain it could be done -

Where there's a will.....

L.B.

flippy
05-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Estimated Cost?

Priceless!!!!

Anyone wanna bankroll me to try this? :Beer

SteelAbility
05-12-2010, 08:39 AM

You know I meant that in the best way :tt2 - but the "moon" was certainly deserved.

I think you could probably do this (with the right marketing) for about $5600 - or even less if could get a hotel deal out of this.

I'm seeing the power of social media - and if someone went on youtube/facebook/twitter and really pushed for it - I think that person could cut the cost by 2/3rds - and if it were really successful - even get paid to do it!

Ultimately you'd have to video the entire "journey" and share it like a reality series - but I'm pretty certain it could be done -

Where there's a will.....

L.B.

Nice ideas there. Maybe NFLN would pony up the cost to be able to air it in the offseason. Initiative? :P

fordfixer
05-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Estimated Cost?

Priceless!!!!

Anyone wanna bankroll me to try this? :Beer
Here's my :2c hope that helps :lol:

MeetJoeGreene
05-12-2010, 10:46 PM
that is a lot of good thought put into it. I didn't think about the constraint of not missing a Steeler game.. I will have to factor it in.

MJG -

*Drive to Detroit

*Drive to Buffalo.

flippy
05-13-2010, 12:10 PM
that is a lot of good thought put into it. I didn't think about the constraint of not missing a Steeler game.. I will have to factor it in.

This is why LonBull runs the best contests around these parts. That guy thinks of everything.