PDA

View Full Version : Trolls and Fairies

feltdizz
05-01-2010, 10:30 AM
We know what a PS troll is... but this thread is about the PS fairies? The guys who said Nate Washington couldn't catch a cold, Timmons is a bust and talk about him like a DOG... and talk about Sweeds upside all the time.

Steeler fairies want the team to lose without Ben, they want the other players to apologize for their behavior towards Ben and think the whole accusationy thingy is the gotcha media and it's everyones fault but the guy who is apologizing and asking for a chance at redemption.

Steeler fairies blame BA for ST's woes, 4th qtr defenses collapsing and erectile dysfunction. You can't use any stats that show the O flourishing but you can use the Eagles and Cleveland game as proof the O stinks.

Steeler fairies will highlight one word in a post and go to great lengths to prove you are not a Steeler player or coach and remind you that your post is just an opinion...

Steeler fairies blame Tomlin for every loss and every player who got away... but have a hard time giving him credit for the wins because it's still Cowhers team. They are always right... but dissapear when they are wrong or things didn't go the way they planned.

Steeler fairies are like Steeler trolls... they are both fans but they reside at opposite ends of the fan meter.

Are you a Steeler Fairy? :twisted:

This is obviously a joke, fairies please relax, the season will be here soon enough.

steelblood
05-01-2010, 11:00 AM
I have one too.

Steeler Nazis - These folks find the need to categorize and demean other posters. They are constantly looking down on others and trying to point out their inadequacies. They somehow feel that they are the only real fans and that everyone else is a reactionary, small minded loser who is incapable of truly understanding the team, the game, and how a franchise is run. Steeler Nazis often point out that people with differing opinions are just posters on message boards who have no place questioning the decisions of the Rooneys and (sometimes) the coaching staff. Under special circumstances, Steeler Nazis also reserve the right to question the Rooneys and the coaching staff and feel that this is not contradictory in any way.

Mister Pittsburgh
05-01-2010, 11:05 AM
I hate all 3 of the types of posters you mention above.

cruzer8
05-01-2010, 11:08 AM
http://www.gifanatics.com/files/InBeforeTheLock.gif

feltdizz
05-01-2010, 11:29 AM
The tooth is no longer under the pillow.

Discipline of Steel
05-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Steeler Cultists absolutely support their team through the many years and will try to avoid saying negative things about them. They realize the decisions made by the front office and coaching staff are based on a whole lot more information than they are privy to and therefore, they generally support those decisions as 'made in the best interest of the team at the time', regardless of the outcome. Steelers Cultists do have dreams of their own for the team and are pleased when the Steelers make moves that advance those dreams. If the front office or coach make a move they dont understand, they get in line and support it because that is how they expect the players to act and they dont want to be hypocrites. They were pissed when the Aints tried to adopt the 'Black and Gold' as a way of referring to their team after finally winning a Super Bowl when we have been the Black and Gold for many years now. Most of all, Steelers Cultists only take joy at seeing their team win and discard insults and deprecations of the coach, players, and each other as meaningless toward their goals. One last thing...we always pick THE BLACK AND GOLD to win the Super Bowl every year. :Beer :Beer :Beer

Shawn
05-01-2010, 11:32 AM
I have one too.

Steeler Nazis - These folks find the need to categorize and demean other posters. They are constantly looking down on others and trying to point out their inadequacies. They somehow feel that they are the only real fans and that everyone else is a reactionary, small minded loser who is incapable of truly understanding the team, the game, and how a franchise is run. Steeler Nazis often point out that people with differing opinions are just posters on message boards who have no place questioning the decisions of the Rooneys and (sometimes) the coaching staff. Under special circumstances, Steeler Nazis also reserve the right to question the Rooneys and the coaching staff and feel that this is not contradictory in any way.

I can think of a couple posters who might fit that category. :lol:

BURGH86STEEL
05-01-2010, 01:02 PM
I have one too.

This post is really humorous.

I think we can all fit into one of categories listed depending on the topic. :lol:

Shawn
05-01-2010, 04:20 PM
I have one too.

This post is really humorous.

I think we can all fit into one of categories listed depending on the topic. :lol:

Speak for urself. 8)

Jooser
05-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Steeler Jerry(s)-as in Jerry Springer. Steeler Jerry(s) show up in discussion forums in tabloid fashion. They like to shoot their mouths (or rather their typing fingers) off just to stir the pot and see who they can upset and then sit back and enjoy the show. Steeler Jerry(s) have no real loyalties to anyone or anything, their only goal is to cause constant turmoil and discontent amongst board members. Steeler Jerry(s) take cheap shots at others' expense, because it's funny when people fight. Steeler Jerry(s) have no class, cannot admit when they are wrong, and really need to get a life.

Jerry, Jerry,Jerry

psst, losers

:D

hawaiiansteel
05-01-2010, 06:43 PM
there is not one single poster on this Board who reminds me of any of the aforementioned descriptions... :)

feltdizz
05-01-2010, 07:05 PM
there is not one single poster on this Board who reminds me of any of the aforementioned descriptions... :)

:Clap Me neither.. :stirpot

SteelAbility
05-01-2010, 09:23 PM
What about the Steeler Lemmings? What do they do? :tt2

NKySteeler
05-01-2010, 09:39 PM
What a joke this is.... People complaining about other's opinions/comments/and statements because they don't agree with your own.... Actually, it's rather pathetic, considering that this is a message board that promotes expressing one's opinion...

... Maybe I'm the only one that finds this ironic.

Flasteel
05-01-2010, 10:16 PM
What a joke this is.... People complaining about other's opinions/comments/and statements because they don't agree with your own.... Actually, it's rather pathetic, considering that this is a message board that promotes expressing one's opinion...

No you're not. This is a supremely retarded thread.

hawaiiansteel
05-01-2010, 10:18 PM

i don't care if other posters make statements or comments that don't agree with my own, if they choose to be wrong, so be it... 8)

Captain Lemming
05-02-2010, 12:15 AM

Bring a truly rare level of insight to the board.

Seriously, I think what Discipline of Steel described is what many will call Lemmings.

absolutely support their team through the many years and will try to avoid saying negative things about them. They realize the decisions made by the front office and coaching staff are based on a whole lot more information than they are privy to and therefore, they generally support those decisions as 'made in the best interest of the team at the time', regardless of the outcome. Steelers Cultists do have dreams of their own for the team and are pleased when the Steelers make moves that advance those dreams. If the front office or coach make a move they dont understand, they get in line and support it because that is how they expect the players to act and they dont want to be hypocrites. They were pissed when the Aints tried to adopt the 'Black and Gold' as a way of referring to their team after finally winning a Super Bowl when we have been the Black and Gold for many years now. Most of all, Steelers Cultists only take joy at seeing their team win and discard insults and deprecations of the coach, players, and each other as meaningless toward their goals. One last thing...we always pick THE BLACK AND GOLD to win the Super Bowl

Crash used to call me a Lemming all the time on the Trib board for always telling him the Rooneys know better than us what they are doing.

My nick on the Trib board was Mauisteel, but I took on the name Captain Lemming here because of that history.

steelblood
05-02-2010, 09:07 AM

It wasn't really irony until you decided to criticize certain posters for criticizing posters. Nice job. It is also ironic that in trying to point out irony, NKYS helped create irony.

It is also funny that you two seem to be proponents of free expression of ideas, but that (for you) these ideas are "retarded" and unnecessary. I thought this thread was started with a sense of humor and was tongue-in-cheek. Take your wet blanket of censorship elsewhere if you don't like it.

Finally, I never complained about anybody's right to have an opinion other than my own. Quite the contrary, my "steeler nazi" was a silly jab at those who often try to sweep other's opinions away without a reasonable discussion.

Mister Pittsburgh
05-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Steeler Cultists, as defined in this thread, have nothing to really bring to the table in discussion other than to defend the Steelers maneuvers to the death. Its like defending every move George W. Bush made or every move Obama makes becuase he has more information than you so he must be right......I love America but think both of those guys are tools and don't feel I belittle America by not suckling from their teets.

Shawn
05-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Steeler Cultists, as defined in this thread, have nothing to really bring to the table in discussion other than to defend the Steelers maneuvers to the death. Its like defending every move George W. Bush made or every move Obama makes becuase he has more information than you so he must be right......I love America but think both of those guys are tools and don't feel I belittle America by not suckling from their teets.

You are a teet suckler and we both know it. :D

Hey, you just helped me out...I have a new saying for the 2010 season. Whoo Hoo! :mrgreen:

Flasteel
05-02-2010, 11:00 AM

It wasn't really irony until you decided to criticize certain posters for criticizing posters. Nice job. It is also ironic that in trying to point out irony, NKYS helped create irony.

It is also funny that you two seem to be proponents of free expression of ideas, but that (for you) these ideas are "retarded" and unnecessary. I thought this thread was started with a sense of humor and was tongue-in-cheek. Take your wet blanket of censorship elsewhere if you don't like it.

Finally, I never complained about anybody's right to have an opinion other than my own. Quite the contrary, my "steeler nazi" was a silly jab at those who often try to sweep other's opinions away without a reasonable discussion.

This thread started off as an attack on posters who view things differently than Dizz...especially as it regards the Ben Roethlisberger situation (see the Hines Ward thread). While there may have been a discernable hint of humor, I can guarantee you the original post was not made tongue-in-cheek. That's what I found retarded. Starting a thread for the sole purpose of bashing and labeling those with a different opinion.

I do admit that as the thread went on, it has become much more humorous, but that's not how it began and it wasn't evident to me when I made my post.

What's really ironic is that you are blasting myself and NKy for criticizing posters who are openly criticizing other posters - then you're somehow trying to call that censorship. I have no idea how you are able to make such a leap. Maybe you should familiarize yourself with the definition of the concept. Nobody ever advocated the removal of a thread, word, or thought. Just as free as someone is to post, we are free to respond.

Reagardless, have a nice day.

Discipline of Steel
05-02-2010, 11:09 AM

I would say Steeler Cultists (or Lemmings) enjoy exploring and offering insights on the ramifications of certain potential moves. However, they never take a position against the final decision of the team, knowing it would be based on an inferior level of knowledge of the circumstances. (ie Tomlin's an idiot because he traded Stonio to the Jets of all teams...and for only a 5th round pick!)

Too many Trolls and Faeries offer unsupported opinions or proclamations knowing full well all will be forgotten by the time the truth makes itself evident. They will even say, "you heard it here first" or, "write it down." Well, keep your eyes open in the near future for a new thread that will expose these false prognosticators and identify the Real Nostrodamus among us.

feltdizz
05-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Funny how this thread was started in jest... even states "joking" at the end of it... don't let the Nazi's, Cultist and Lemmings win(except for the Captain).

Fight the good fight and keep the definitions coming... It's been a long off season.

:tt2

SteelAbility
05-02-2010, 06:17 PM

Seriously, I think what Discipline of Steel described is what many will call Lemmings.

absolutely support their team through the many years and will try to avoid saying negative things about them. They realize the decisions made by the front office and coaching staff are based on a whole lot more information than they are privy to and therefore, they generally support those decisions as 'made in the best interest of the team at the time', regardless of the outcome. Steelers Cultists do have dreams of their own for the team and are pleased when the Steelers make moves that advance those dreams. If the front office or coach make a move they dont understand, they get in line and support it because that is how they expect the players to act and they dont want to be hypocrites. They were pissed when the Aints tried to adopt the 'Black and Gold' as a way of referring to their team after finally winning a Super Bowl when we have been the Black and Gold for many years now. Most of all, Steelers Cultists only take joy at seeing their team win and discard insults and deprecations of the coach, players, and each other as meaningless toward their goals. One last thing...we always pick THE BLACK AND GOLD to win the Super Bowl

Crash used to call me a Lemming all the time on the Trib board for always telling him the Rooneys know better than us what they are doing.

My nick on the Trib board was Mauisteel, but I took on the name Captain Lemming here because of that history.

You forgot the mention the Kool-Aid drinking part. If that's so, I guess I have a bit of Lemming in me too. :tt2

steelblood
05-02-2010, 06:52 PM

This thread started off as an attack on posters who view things differently than Dizz...especially as it regards the Ben Roethlisberger situation (see the Hines Ward thread). While there may have been a discernable hint of humor, I can guarantee you the original post was not made tongue-in-cheek. That's what I found retarded. Starting a thread for the sole purpose of bashing and labeling those with a different opinion.

I do admit that as the thread went on, it has become much more humorous, but that's not how it began and it wasn't evident to me when I made my post.

What's really ironic is that you are blasting myself and NKy for criticizing posters who are openly criticizing other posters - then you're somehow trying to call that censorship. I have no idea how you are able to make such a leap. Maybe you should familiarize yourself with the definition of the concept. Nobody ever advocated the removal of a thread, word, or thought. Just as free as someone is to post, we are free to respond.

If you have a problem with the original poster, then I guess I understand your stance better. Your opinions just seemed awfully harsh. If you didn't feel the original post was in good fun, then I get it.

Perhaps "censorship" was a strong word.

You said..."What's really ironic is that you are blasting myself and NKy for criticizing posters who are openly criticizing other posters - then you're somehow trying to call that censorship." No, that isn't ironic (a mistake maybe, but not irony). No, you didn't literally censor anyone. But, when posters gang up to try to railroad a thread and smear it as "retarded" it comes close to censorship. I don't feel that you are bullies or that you and NKY are a problem. Quite the opposite. Generally, I find both of you to be good posters. I just found it funny that in trying to define an act as ironic, something ironic (and a little rude-though now I get it) was done.

Finally, I am having a nice day. Though the weather isn't cooperating. I hope you are having a nice day too.

NC Steeler Fan
05-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Geezus, I hate the offseason...

papillon
05-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Geezus, I hate the offseason...

This post has been the one shining moment in this thread. I hate the off season and Ben didn't help it any. :stirpot

Pappy

Flasteel
05-02-2010, 09:44 PM

If you have a problem with the original poster, then I guess I understand your stance better. Your opinions just seemed awfully harsh. If you didn't feel the original post was in good fun, then I get it.

Perhaps "censorship" was a strong word.

You said..."What's really ironic is that you are blasting myself and NKy for criticizing posters who are openly criticizing other posters - then you're somehow trying to call that censorship." No, that isn't ironic (a mistake maybe, but not irony). No, you didn't literally censor anyone. But, when posters gang up to try to railroad a thread and smear it as "retarded" it comes close to censorship. I don't feel that you are bullies or that you and NKY are a problem. Quite the opposite. Generally, I find both of you to be good posters. I just found it funny that in trying to define an act as ironic, something ironic (and a little rude-though now I get it) was done.

Finally, I am having a nice day. Though the weather isn't cooperating. I hope you are having a nice day too.

It was a better day than yesterday :D

I just saw where Dizz said the whole thing was started in jest, but I still believe it was done to criticize others and was glossed over with a little humor.

I don't post all that much on here any more but I've done enough to be on the other side of more than a few debates with Dizz. I hold absolutely nothing against him and think that he's a pretty good guy. From my experience, he wasn't just simply trying to be funny, he was criticizing those who he feels continue to blindly support Roethlisberger.

Now if it is indeed true that his original post was nothing more than light-hearted banter, then I will gladly backtrack from my comments and say this thread is not retarded. Supremely or otherwise. :D

cruzer8
05-02-2010, 11:28 PM
It was a better day than yesterday :D

I just saw where Dizz said the whole thing was started in jest, but I still believe it was done to criticize others and was glossed over with a little humor.

I don't post all that much on here any more but I've done enough to be on the other side of more than a few debates with Dizz. I hold absolutely nothing against him and think that he's a pretty good guy. From my experience, he wasn't just simply trying to be funny, he was criticizing those who he feels continue to blindly support Roethlisberger.

Now if it is indeed true that his original post was nothing more than light-hearted banter, then I will gladly backtrack from my comments and say this thread is not retarded. Supremely or otherwise. :D

Nailed it.

Captain Lemming
05-03-2010, 01:01 AM

You forgot the mention the Kool-Aid drinking part. If that's so, I guess I have a bit of Lemming in me too. :tt2

Oh Yeah!

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj143/BlackAznPanda/kool-aid.jpg

eniparadoxgma
05-03-2010, 01:37 AM
I'm glad I defy categorization. 8)

flippy
05-03-2010, 08:11 AM
I know you are, but what am I?

Here's a flippy definition:

SteelerNation poster : Sometimes interesting, sometimes funny, sometimes silly, sometimes ignorant, sometimes lame, sometimes pot stirring, sometime repetitive, sometimes original, sometimes nails it, sometimes off base, sometimes insightful, sometimes clueless, sometimes troll-like, sometimes lemming, sometime informational, sometimes incorrect, sometimes interesting, sometimes annoying, sometimes agrees with me, sometimes doesn't, usually good natured, usually worth reading, usually a fun way to waste a little time escaping from reality, usually gets me fired up about winning our next lombardi, and always written by a pretty cool person who shares my passion and who's as easily bored by the offseason.

Who ride?!?!?!?!?!!?

Jooser
05-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Yo Flip,

Atta Boy!

SteelAbility
05-03-2010, 08:47 AM
[quote=SteelAbility]What about the Steeler Lemmings? What do they do? :tt2

Oh Yeah!

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj143/BlackAznPanda/kool-aid.jpg[/quote:13jfv9zd]

I can feel that Black-n-Gold insulin rush right now! I think I'll look into making some kind of sig photo with black and gold Kool-Aid.