PDA

View Full Version : Ben's Police Friends Under Investigation

BradshawsHairdresser
04-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Feature story on national cable news today.

Those of you who are thinking Ben's scandal is going to die quietly, I'm telling you, that's a LONG way from happening.

Get ready for a LONG summer and fall.

BURGH86STEEL
04-29-2010, 03:07 PM
Kind of unfortunate that so many people outside of Ben are affected by his actions and decisions. That is why the NFL is trying to do what it can to prevent players from making bad decisions.

The scope of Ben's actions go beyond Ben. He is that big a name and one of the faces of the Steelers. I hope that fans realize that what Ben does off the field matters and influences a lot of people. It goes beyond what Ben does on the field. Reading about the police being investigated and losing their jobs makes me realize the scope of Ben's actions. There may be many other fans/people that will be affected by this situation.

cruzer8
04-29-2010, 03:39 PM
SOP in a case like this.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

flippy
04-29-2010, 03:42 PM
I wonder if one of his police buddies could sue the girl for lying (or something else) and costing him his job?

Shouldn't this girl be liable for something since she went to the police to accuse Ben and then later said she didn't want to go ahead and pursue it? If she was assaulted, she should have proceeded and moved this thing forward so it couldn't happen again.

Since she backed off, I think her claim should be tossed aside and there should be no repercussions for anyone.

BURGH86STEEL
04-29-2010, 03:57 PM
I wonder if one of his police buddies could sue the girl for lying (or something else) and costing him his job?

Shouldn't this girl be liable for something since she went to the police to accuse Ben and then later said she didn't want to go ahead and pursue it? If she was assaulted, she should have proceeded and moved this thing forward so it couldn't happen again.

Since she backed off, I think her claim should be tossed aside and there should be no repercussions for anyone.

I don't think it was ever stated or proven that she lied. I think it basically boiled down to he said, she said. Case could not be proven either way.

Seriously, what can police hope to gain from a 20 yo college woman? I don't think anyone involved wanted to see the case go forward.

I believe she backed off because of the embarrassment of the situation. I can't say that I blame her. I don't think I would be want that kind of attention brought to my life.

There are people that perceive her and Ben in a negative light. Ben is the star QB of a football team so he takes the biggest fall. The cops appear to be going down because they enabled whatever happened that night. I believe they enabled it because of Ben's stature and he probably paid them good money. The police and Ben had a responsibility to one another. Neither did a good enough job.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
04-29-2010, 04:28 PM

Those of you who are thinking Ben's scandal is going to die quietly, I'm telling you, that's a LONG way from happening.

Its posts like these that keep it going! Cable news today--no link?
It will be two hears from now and some on this site won't let it die down.

BradshawsHairdresser
04-29-2010, 07:36 PM

Its posts like these that keep it going! Cable news today--no link?

MSNBC and HNN. Maybe others, too, but those are the ones I saw today.

It will be two hears from now and some on this site won't let it die down.
But my point is, there is plenty of talk about it OFF this site...and THAT will keep it from dying down, whether it's talked about on this site or not.

feltdizz
04-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Blame it on the Yin, Yin, Yinzers! (in a T Pain voice) :roll:

if the stupid yinzers shut their trap none of this would be happening. Posting these updates are the reason why the cops are being investigated too...

Sarcasm clearly intended.

BURGH86STEEL
04-29-2010, 08:33 PM
Blame it on the Yin, Yin, Yinzers! (in a T Pain voice) :roll:

if the stupid yinzers shut their trap none of this would be happening. Posting these updates are the reason why the cops are being investigated too...

Sarcasm clearly intended.

Actually, it's BA's fault. :lol: