PDA

View Full Version : Collective Bargaining Agreement

ramblinjim
04-29-2010, 12:35 PM
I was joking earlier about a 2-5 system but it got me thinking about up each teams active roster. If there are going to be 18 regular season games played and only two pre-season games played would it be dumb to assume that they would have to bring the 53 man roster, 40 dress on game days to say a 60 man roster and 45 dress on game days?

steelblood
04-29-2010, 01:23 PM
I think the rosters will expand by a few players.

RuthlessBurgher
04-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Actually, the game day active roster is 45, not 40. The emergency 3rd QB (if you have one) is a 46th guy that may dress, but if he gets into the game in the first 3 quarters of the game, the #1 and #2 QB's are ineligible to return to the game. That means that 7 guys (or 8 if you have no 3rd QB) that are on your 53 man roster do not dress on game day.

And, I agree, if the season expands to a 17 or 18 game schedule, the roster limits (both total as well as game day) should expand as well.

BURGH86STEEL
04-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Actually, the game day active roster is 45, not 40. The emergency 3rd QB (if you have one) is a 46th guy that may dress, but if he gets into the game in the first 3 quarters of the game, the #1 and #2 QB's are ineligible to return to the game. That means that 7 guys (or 8 if you have no 3rd QB) that are on your 53 man roster do not dress on game day.

And, I agree, if the season expands to a 17 or 18 game schedule, the roster limits (both total as well as game day) should expand as well.

I agree that they will probably expand the rosters when they go to 17 or 18 games. In all likely hood, the cost of everything will go up when that happens. Makes me wonder, when will fans stop contributing to the greed of the NFL?

ramblinjim
04-29-2010, 04:18 PM

I agree that they will probably expand the rosters when they go to 17 or 18 games. In all likely hood, the cost of everything will go up when that happens. Makes me wonder, when will fans stop contributing to the greed of the NFL?

My guess is, and this is just a guess of course that as long as the costs go up a little bit each year and never drastically, the fans will keep coming. Hopefully it won't be like the NY Jets that supposedly wanted to charge season ticket holders, in some cases 30 and 40 year season ticket holders $80K for the right to purchase their season tickets in the new stadium. That's just what I heard I don't remember if I read that somewhere or not.

BURGH86STEEL
04-29-2010, 07:00 PM

My guess is, and this is just a guess of course that as long as the costs go up a little bit each year and never drastically, the fans will keep coming. Hopefully it won't be like the NY Jets that supposedly wanted to charge season ticket holders, in some cases 30 and 40 year season ticket holders $80K for the right to purchase their season tickets in the new stadium. That's just what I heard I don't remember if I read that somewhere or not.

That's just crazy. I understand why some fans are turned off by sports.

flippy
04-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Probably depends on how big the tv contract is.