PDA

View Full Version : Can drafting 3 LB's put to rest the 4-3 talk for this year??

SidSmythe
04-28-2010, 08:18 PM
PLEASE??????????

hawaiiansteel
04-28-2010, 08:23 PM
i don't know...we drafted 3 LBers, sounds like we are looking to switch to a 4-3 to me. :stirpot

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2010, 09:36 PM
We spent a 2nd, 4th, and 5th round pick on LB's and only a 7th on the DL and we don't have a young NT prospect.

We are obviously switching to a 2-5 defense. :stirpot :lol:

Captain Lemming
04-28-2010, 09:38 PM
i don't know...we drafted 3 LBers, sounds like we are looking to switch to a 4-3 to me. :stirpot

Actually, we drafted 3 Dlinemen and only ONE LB... Tampa 2 here we come.......:stirpot

MeetJoeGreene
04-28-2010, 10:31 PM
We spent a 2nd, 4th, and 5th round pick on LB's and only a 7th on the DL and we don't have a young NT prospect.

We are switching to a new variation of the Psycho Defense. The Tom-beau Psycho. Casey, 6 Linebackers and 4 DBs.

SteelCrazy
04-28-2010, 10:55 PM
We will eventually move to the Crowded House D where we have 11 LB's on D nothing else, just LB's.

SteelAbility
04-29-2010, 10:32 AM

I thought Baltimore was doing the 2-5 with Mount Cody and Ngata. :mrgreen:

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-29-2010, 10:41 AM
I think what it does is gives D.L. a unique pass rushing package. In 3rd & long, one down DL in Smith, Keisel, or Hood. I prefer Hood. Woodley, Harrison, Timmons, & Worilds rushing the QB walking around at snap. If it is 3rd & double I would take out the DL and put Farrior or Gibson on the field. 5 LBs who could rush or drop. I think D.L. just became the new nightmare for OCs.

ikestops85
04-29-2010, 10:48 AM

I don't think it is physically possible to mount Cody :wink:

NW Steeler
04-29-2010, 12:54 PM

Ok, where's the puking emoticon when we need it?

flippy
04-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Who are the best 7 players? Smitty, Hampton, Keisel, Hood, Harrison, Woodley, and Timmons.

Imagine a 2-5 with Timmons and Worilds lined up outside of Harrison and Woodely respectively. And Farrior potentially blitzing up the middle. God could this be exciting.

SteelAbility
04-29-2010, 03:26 PM

You asked for it ...

http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9532.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

NWNewell
04-29-2010, 03:33 PM
I think what it does is gives D.L. a unique pass rushing package. In 3rd & long, one down DL in Smith, Keisel, or Hood. I prefer Hood. Woodley, Harrison, Timmons, & Worilds rushing the QB walking around at snap. If it is 3rd & double I would take out the DL and put Farrior or Gibson on the field. 5 LBs who could rush or drop. I think D.L. just became the new nightmare for OCs.

new?

flippy
04-29-2010, 03:33 PM

You asked for it ...

http://planetsmilies.net/vomit-smiley-9532.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

We needed that in the Cody-bra thread. I can't get that image out of my head. Yuck.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
04-29-2010, 04:52 PM

new?

You are right...Maybe I should have said D.L. has a new nightmare for OCs. Think of all the "terror" he could come up with having 250 pounders that can run & hit.

hawaiiansteel
04-29-2010, 05:09 PM

i gotta admit, that is pretty damn funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: