PDA

View Full Version : Is Va Tech the new Steelers' "farm team"

Oviedo
04-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Three players in one draft from the same college. FB D Taylor, NT D Thompson and LB Jason Worilds. The Steelers must of really liked what they saw at the Pro Day.

Another factor could be that Va Tech has a reputation for having the best Special Teams in college football and Frank Beamer really emphasizes that as much as any coach in college football.

I see Taylor and Thompson as Practice Squad players but Worilds will get a chance to contribute early especially on ST.

steelblood
04-28-2010, 02:01 PM
the three players were not all from the draft. In fact, we drafted more OSU players than VT. I think it all comes down to film study. When they were looking at Worilds, they noticed some things they liked about the defensive tackles. They didn't like them enough to draft them, but they did like them enough to offer them an opportunity to come to camp and try to find a role on this team or the PS.

flippy
04-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Maybe Worilds suggested they sign them???

Does anyone else hate the spelling of his name?

I keep wanting to type Worlids.

Jom112
04-28-2010, 03:13 PM
I hate that you guys got Worilds. I think he'll be a really good player.

And I agree with Flippy, I hate the spelling of his name as well...

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2010, 03:15 PM

When he was a freshman at Va. Tech, he went by Jason Adjepong before legally changing his name to Worilds in the summer of 2007. Adjepong isn't much easier, is it?

flippy
04-28-2010, 03:17 PM

When he was a freshman at Va. Tech, he went by Jason Adjepong before legally changing his name to Worilds in the summer of 2007. Adjepong isn't much easier, is it?

Isn't Adjepong the name of some volcano?

SidSmythe
04-28-2010, 07:12 PM

I thought it was a name of a Jethro Tull song??

Steel Life
04-28-2010, 08:01 PM

He should've gone the 70'2 NBA route & changed it to Worilds Be. Free!

phillyesq
04-28-2010, 09:16 PM
the three players were not all from the draft. In fact, we drafted more OSU players than VT. I think it all comes down to film study. When they were looking at Worilds, they noticed some things they liked about the defensive tackles. They didn't like them enough to draft them, but they did like them enough to offer them an opportunity to come to camp and try to find a role on this team or the PS.

Exactly. This happened a few years ago -- the Steelers drafted Cam Stephenson, and noticed Darnell Stapelton on the film study, bringing him in as a UDFA.

Captain Lemming
04-28-2010, 10:20 PM
I hate that you guys got Worilds. I think he'll be a really good player.

And I agree with Flippy, I hate the spelling of his name as well...

Jom, you are a good guy but I truly hope you learn to despise that name for more than the spelling as the years go on. :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2010, 10:27 PM

Hopefully he learns that there is no "I" in "TEAM" when you are a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

(and there shouldn't be an "i" in "Worilds" either) :wink:

MeetJoeGreene
04-28-2010, 10:29 PM

I thought it was a name of a Jethro Tull song??
:tt1 :Beer :Bow :Clap