PDA

View Full Version : Wallace wants to make Pro Bowl this year...

SteelCrazy
04-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Steelers | Mike Wallace believes he can make big jump
Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:57:17 -0400

Pittsburgh Steelers WR Mike Wallace said he believes his play can take a big jump this season and making the Pro Bowl is one of his goals for the season. "I think I can make a major jump I'm trying to make it to the Pro Bowl this year. People are going to have their doubts, but I'm going to be ready," Wallace said.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl#ixzz0mPaQm9CN

JTP53609
04-28-2010, 12:13 PM
i guess it is good he is not wanting to wake and bake :Clap

flippy
04-28-2010, 12:16 PM
maybe the steelers believed this when they let santonio go.

AngryAsian
04-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Mike Wallace = Hines II :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

MeetJoeGreene
04-28-2010, 12:20 PM
I hope he does. He has talent, but he will be facing several additional obstacles:

1.) Team's best corners will probably cover him and will get deep help.

2.) Can Dixon deliver the ball to him during the first 4 games.

3.) Will Ben underthrow him like he did last year.

4.) Will the Steelers really employ a more run-oriented offense.

Sugar
04-28-2010, 12:22 PM
I hope he does. He has talent, but he will be facing several additional obstacles:

1.) Team's best corners will probably cover him and will get deep help.

2.) Can Dixon deliver the ball to him during the first 4 games.

3.) Will Ben underthrow him like he did last year.

4.) Will the Steelers really employ a more run-oriented offense.

Along with point #1- He won't have coverage units paying special attention to the previous year's SB MVP.

RuthlessBurgher
04-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Steelers | Mike Wallace believes he can make big jump
Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:57:17 -0400

Pittsburgh Steelers WR Mike Wallace said he believes his play can take a big jump this season and making the Pro Bowl is one of his goals for the season. "I think I can make a major jump I'm trying to make it to the SUPER BOWL this year. People are going to have their doubts, but I'm going to be ready," Wallace said.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl#ixzz0mPaQm9CN

Fixed that for you, Mikey. Priorities, brother, priorities. :nono

Oviedo
04-28-2010, 12:33 PM
IMO the key to Wallace being a successful #1 receiver is Limas Sweed. Limas is the only other legitimate deep threat on the roster at WR. If he can get on the field and be successful them Wallace will have a great year and vice versa. If Sweed can't then Wallace is going to be double covered all over the field and will struggle and our vertical passing game will suffer.

Emmanual Sanders is a wildcard but from everything I have read he is a slot guy who gets yards after the catch and it would be unrealistic to expect him to have a Wallace-like rookie season.

flippy
04-28-2010, 03:16 PM
Don't forget, Ben's deep ball needs some work and he won't have an opportunity to develop chemistry with Wallace due to the suspension.

It's gonna be at least week 12 until things really start clicking.

Captain Lemming
04-28-2010, 09:48 PM
"Wallace wants to make Pro Bowl this year..."

Impressive!!!!!!

It is this kind of "RARE" hunger that makes him great. :wink:

D Rock
04-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Many of yinz are assuming he can ONLY catch deep passes.

That was his role last year. It very likely wont be this year. He could be an even more well rounded receiver than any of us know.