PDA

View Full Version : Faneca to Cards....

ghettoscott
04-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Bah!

not that it really matters at this point but could they try any harder to be Steelers west?

ghettoscott
04-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Bah!

not that it really matters at this point but could they try any harder to be Steelers west?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... line-depth (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/17719/faneca-gives-cardinals-great-line-depth)

SteelerNation1
04-27-2010, 07:42 PM
shocker

hawaiiansteel
04-27-2010, 07:49 PM
shocker

exactly. who didn't think Faneca would re-unite with his OL coach/buddy Russ Grimm?

frankthetank1
04-27-2010, 07:59 PM
have the cards picked up deshea or tyrone carter yet?

SteelerNation1
04-27-2010, 08:03 PM
With Leinart at QB and a decent OL, Beanie Wells' fantasy stock is on the up and up

Discipline of Steel
04-27-2010, 08:21 PM
With Leinart at QB and a decent OL, Beanie Wells' fantasy stock is on the up and up

You mean cause Leinart sux?

Could Pittsburgh try any harder to be Pittsburgh West? We have signed more of our old players lately than Artiz.

hawaiiansteel
04-27-2010, 08:27 PM

except for those 8 defenders that will be near the line of scrimmage every game and Tim Hightower coming in to steal the TDs away....

SteelerNation1
04-27-2010, 08:45 PM

except for those 8 defenders that will be near the line of scrimmage every game and Tim Hightower coming in to steal the TDs away....
Nah, Wells has a BIG year. Can't single Fitz and Breaston.

fezziwig
04-27-2010, 08:46 PM
I only wish a team in our division signed Faneca because I think his talents have diminished greatly. It didn't take a genius to figure out he would be with Grimm once again. I bet you Faneca retires after this season when Grimm tells Faneca, " your old, your days are behind, retire before we cut you. "

SteelerNation1
04-27-2010, 08:47 PM
I only wish a team in our division signed Faneca because I think his talents have diminished greatly. It didn't take a genius to figure out he would be with Grimm once again. I bet you Faneca retires after this season when Grimm tells Faneca, " your old, your days are behind, retire before we cut you. "
Faneca can still run block. Just watch out when Leinart passes...oh wait, LEinart can't pass so it all works out. :lol:

fezziwig
04-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Faneca can still run block. Just watch out when Leinart passes...oh wait, LEinart can't pass so it all works out. :lol:

:Clap

Pahn711
04-27-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm just shocked he was willing to play for so little. I know he is still gonna get a big salary from the Jets, but considering his tough stance on taking pay cuts, this seems uncharacteristic of a guy all about money. Grimm being his old buddy didn't stop him from passing over the Cards last time, so maybe he finally realizes hes not worth as much as he thinks?

RuthlessBurgher
04-27-2010, 11:51 PM
Faneca to the Cards??? I'm shocked!!!

http://wwwedu.ge.ch/po/chavanne/clicmag/clicmag8_01_02/animaux/shocked.jpg

(and just a little sarcastic too)

Since the Cards just signed a LG who is struggling with pass blocking at this point in his career, at least Leinart is a lefty so he can see the man who beats Faneca coming right at him, instead of coming from his blind side.

Chadman
04-28-2010, 12:55 AM
Watch for Faneca to be traded back to the Steelers for a 5th next season...

rpmpit
04-28-2010, 06:50 AM
http://www.thecampussocialite.com/norisshocker.png

JTP53609
04-28-2010, 07:29 AM
so off the top of my head now, let me name cardinals with Pittsburgh connections
breston (woody high)
fitzgerald (pitt)
hayes (pitt)
polite (pitt)
stephens howling (pitt)
reggie wells (clarion)
faneca
haggans
krieder
porter
st. pierre
and much of the coaching staff.....

holy cow...and I am sure I am missing a few

hawaiiansteel
04-29-2010, 02:52 AM
Nick Mangold "disappointed" by departure of Alan Faneca

Posted by Mike Florio on April 28, 2010 10:23 PM ET

Somewhat lost in the arrival of multiple big-name players in New York has been the departure of multiple others. To date, three key pieces of the offensive puzzle have been put out to pasture: running back Thomas Jones, running back Leon Washington, and guard Alan Faneca.

After Jones was cut, players reportedly were upset. In the wake of Faneca's departure, center Nick Mangold has spoken out.

"Obviously, I am disappointed in it," Mangold told WFAN on Wednesday, according to Justin Terranova of the New York Post. "He's a great mentor and teacher for me, but at the same time you know it's a business and the powers that be decided it was time to move on. And you get over it.

"The first day back was a little difficult not seeing the guy you look for in the locker room for the last two years sitting there, staring back at you. The second day it gets a little easier and then you move on. . . . [It hurts] the offensive line because you lose a brother in battle, it kind of hit home a little bit."

Left tackle D'Brickashaw Ferguson reportedly was more succinct in a Twitter posting that he has since deleted: "Whhhhyyyyyyy????" (Maybe he actually had been clubbed in the leg by a masked intruder.)

Bottom line? The expectations that have grown through the addition of Antonio Cromartie, LaDainian Tomlinson, Santonio Holmes, and Jason Taylor likely aren't being tempered by the departure of Jones, Faneca, and Washington.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... an-faneca/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/28/nick-mangold-disappointed-by-departure-of-alan-faneca/)