PDA

View Full Version : A former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback is facing charges.

fordfixer
04-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Charges Filed Against Former Steeler Mike Tomczak
BELL ACRES (KDKA) ?

http://kdka.com/steelers/Mike.Tomczak.a ... 57450.html (http://kdka.com/steelers/Mike.Tomczak.arrested.2.1657450.html)
A former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback is facing charges.

Mike Tomczak was arrested at his home in the 100-block of Witherow Road in Bell Acres Monday afternoon after his wife called police.

Tomczak allegedly lunged at her and stepped on her foot. According to authorities, he did not hit her.

Bell Acres Police Chief Brian Brown says Tomczak was arrested and charged with two counts of simple assault.

He was released on his own recognizance.

ikestops85
04-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Goodell will be holding a presser on the incident shortly :roll:

SteelCrazy
04-26-2010, 06:02 PM
"lunged at her and stepped on her foot"..............

The way I heard it he was only practicing for "Dancing With The Stars"

JAR
04-26-2010, 06:05 PM
Sign Tomczak!

hawaiiansteel
04-26-2010, 06:32 PM
in happier times...

http://www.whirlmagazine.com/current_month/2008/12_dec_08/img/osthoff_tomczak1.jpg

Dawn Osthoff & Mike Tomczak

In April 2007, three years after their first date, Dawn Osthoff, a prominent model and WHIRL’s annual December cover girl, sat together with Mike Tomczak, a former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, at the breakfast table.

They were surrounded that morning by Dawn’s children, Arianna and Chase, and Mike’s children, Beau and Bryn. With their families gathered together, it became an even more beautiful morning when Mike asked, “How cool would it be for us to join our families?”

Everyone agreed — that would be extremely cool, with Dawn assenting most of all, joyfully accepting his proposal. “It was quite incredible. I met the right person, and the stars aligned,” Mike says.

Following their fantastic wedding and weeklong honeymoon in Florida, which Dawn describes as “fun, magical, and beautiful,” Mike and Dawn returned home to Sewickley with their new, happily joined family.

The Facts
The Engagement Party
Mike, Dawn, and a crowd of 150 friends gathered for a pre-wedding hometown bash. At their Pittsburgh reception, Dawn glowed in a silvery Nicole Miller gown from Bailey & Bailey. The night was filled with non-stop dancing, plenty of heavy hors d’ouevres from the Fluted Mushroom, and lots of toasting with wine and Champagne. Bailey & Bailey, 425 Walnut St., Sewickley. 412.741.0700. The Fluted Mushroom, 109 S. 12th St., South Side. 412.381.1899.

The Destination
Next up was a trip to Naples, Florida, for their oceanfront nuptials. On their first night there, a huge celebratory dinner for 70 close friends and family and a kids’ dinner for 42 took place simultaneously. Following a full day at the beach, the sun-kissed couple celebrated in similar fashion with a rehearsal cocktail party. “That was the beauty of having a destination wedding. It lasts so long, and there’s so much relaxation and play time,” Dawn says. Book your flight through the Pittsburgh International Airport.

The Bridal Party
It was truly a family affair. Dawn’s grandfather walked her down the aisle, where Mike, Chase, and Beau waited in matching outfits of white and blue. Her maids of honor — Bryn and Arianna in cream and white Betsey Johnson dresses — preceded her down the aisle, dropping handfuls of rose petals as they went. The bride was radiant in a simple strapless silk gown made by Jeannette Russell. Get dresses like these for girls at The Frog N’ Princess, 3015 Washington Road, McMurray. 724.941.8589.

The Ceremony
On May 2, 2008, Dawn and Mike met as the sun began to set to exchange “I do’s.” Pastor Mike Bolton of the New Community Church in Wexford, Pa., was present to officiate the ceremony at the Edgewater Beach Club, which included guitar and harp music, and a unity candle made of sand. They celebrated the spiritual element of their relationship. “It is the basis of our marriage,” says Dawn. New Community Church, 3100 Wexford Road,Wexford. 724.935.0909.

The Reception
The Edgewater Beach Club rocked with the tunes of the Miami Sound Machine. The Tomczaks danced to Bryan McKnight’s “Back at One,” and were joined by their children, which Dawn says, “was very magical. It really changed the whole energy of the room.” Dawn also recalls a touching moment when their friend, Dan Hoey, dedicated and sang a song he’d written for the occasion, titled, “The New Tomzcak Family.” Book entertainment locally and in Florida with John Parker & the John Parker Band, 1739 E. Carson St., South Side. 1.888.457.2263.

The Décor
Bill Chisnell, owner of designspace, decorated with “all white and really soft flowers” — hydrangeas, garden roses, and orchids, flown in from Pittsburgh for the event. Using ivory satin ribbons, Chisnell wove chandelier crystals, which dangled gorgeously all over the candlelit hall. The effect, he says, “was a romantic, fairy tale wedding.” designspace, 5746 Baum Blvd., Ste. 3, Shadyside. 412.363.2120.

fezziwig
04-26-2010, 06:45 PM
With all the past players returning to the Steelers maybe; Tomczak figures he will get back into to football shape by doing some Big Ben workouts ?

fordfixer
04-26-2010, 06:47 PM
Naw he's just trying to take some heat off of Ben. Way to take one for the team Mike.

fordfixer
04-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Naw he's just trying to take some heat off of Ben. Way to take one for the team Mike.

skyhawk
04-26-2010, 07:25 PM
What will be the punishment from God-ell on this one? 6 games?

Vegas will now start placing odds on possible fines levied to players.

Flasteel
04-26-2010, 07:49 PM
He's a douche. I've actually been in a very heated confrontation with the guy in the locker room following a game. It was when Ray Sherman was the OC and I was covering the Bucs. The guy verbally attacked me after some very pointed questions on the offense and we had to be separated by PR staff. I was being cool and he went all Ryan Leaf on me, although admittedly in a much less hostile and spastic manner. :lol:

Wolfhound45
04-26-2010, 07:55 PM
Did this happen in the bathroom while they were doing shots?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
04-26-2010, 07:57 PM
He's a douche. I've actually been in a very heated confrontation with the guy in the locker room following a game. It was when Ray Sherman was the OC and I was covering the Bucs. The guy verbally attacked me after some very pointed questions on the offense and we had to be separated by PR staff. I was being cool and he went all Ryan Leaf on me, although admittedly in a much less hostile and spastic manner. :lol:

Did he lunge at you and step on your foot? Is there a pattern of behavior here?
:lol:

P.S. Flasteel ... IN THE STEELERS LOCKER ROOM ... :Bow :Bow :Bow

hawaiiansteel
04-26-2010, 09:03 PM
this is obviously concussion-related... :roll:

fezziwig
04-26-2010, 09:34 PM

You played proffesional football ?

Vindrow
04-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Suspend him for 6 games.

SteelAbility
04-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Either ...

1. They were fencing

or

2. She refused to take his shots.

fezziwig
04-27-2010, 07:42 AM
Heard on the radio today this isn't the first time the cops have been at his house; maybe he has a booze jones ?

feltdizz
04-27-2010, 11:02 AM

I see nothing wrong with a Steeler QB screaming at a guy covering the Bucs... :Beer

I know you were just doing your job but I can't see a guy of his talent level being calm and cool to a Bucs reporter.

hawaiiansteel
04-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Charges Filed Against Former Steeler Mike Tomczak
BELL ACRES (KDKA) ?

http://kdka.com/steelers/Mike.Tomczak.a ... 57450.html (http://kdka.com/steelers/Mike.Tomczak.arrested.2.1657450.html)
A former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback is facing charges.

Mike Tomczak was arrested at his home in the 100-block of Witherow Road in Bell Acres Monday afternoon after his wife called police.

Tomczak allegedly lunged at her and stepped on her foot. According to authorities, he did not hit her.

Bell Acres Police Chief Brian Brown says Tomczak was arrested and charged with two counts of simple assault.

it says Tomczak was charged with TWO counts of simple assault.

does that mean he stepped on both of her feet? :lol:

Flasteel
04-27-2010, 08:09 PM

I see nothing wrong with a Steeler QB screaming at a guy covering the Bucs... :Beer

I know you were just doing your job but I can't see a guy of his talent level being calm and cool to a Bucs reporter.

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean Dizz, since he had little talent. I can tell you that he's the only player who was unprofessional towards me in all the years I covered the Bucs. Now Warren Sapp was also a big, giant douchebag but I never gave him the chance to insult me 'cause I refused to interview him or even stick my mic in front of his cake hole.

I'm just sayin' that I'm not surprised Tomzcak has anger issues.

Plus he can kiss my ass. :D

feltdizz
04-27-2010, 08:24 PM

I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean Dizz, since he had little talent. I can tell you that he's the only player who was unprofessional towards me in all the years I covered the Bucs. Now Warren Sapp was also a big, giant douchebag but I never gave him the chance to insult me 'cause I refused to interview him or even stick my mic in front of his cake hole.

I would think most QB's with limited talent would get annoyed by an opposing teams local reporter asking in depth questions. Especially if the reporter really likes that players team and your questions are on point.

Flasteel
04-27-2010, 08:46 PM

I would think most QB's with limited talent would get annoyed by an opposing teams local reporter asking in depth questions. Especially if the reporter really likes that players team and your questions are on point.

That may be the most insightful thing I've ever seen you type. :lol:

feltdizz
04-27-2010, 10:46 PM

That may be the most insightful thing I've ever seen you type. :lol:

:Bow

props to you for locker room access