PDA

View Full Version : Bens statement

fordfixer
04-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Roethlisberger doesn’t plan to appeal suspension Posted: April 26th, 2010 | Jason Klabacha

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/26/roethli ... uspension/ (http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/26/roethlisberger-doesn%E2%80%99t-plan-to-appeal-suspension/)

Ben Roethlisberger released the following statement Monday regarding his six-game suspension by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for violating the league’s personal-conduct policy.

“The Commissioner’s decision to suspend me speaks clearly that more is expected of me. I am accountable for the consequences of my actions. Though I have committed no crime, I regret that I have fallen short of the values instilled in me by my family. I will not appeal the suspension and will comply with what is asked of me — and more.

“Missing games will be devastating for me. I am sorry to let down my teammates and the entire Steelers fan base. I am disappointed that I have reached this point and will not put myself in this situation again.

“I appreciate the opportunities that I have been given in my life and will make the necessary improvements.”

hawaiiansteel
04-26-2010, 02:51 PM
for some reason i expected more than this...

flippy
04-26-2010, 02:53 PM
for some reason i expected more than this...

me too. that was kinda boring.

cruzer8
04-26-2010, 02:59 PM
He's still got a pending civil suit. He can't say anything more.

birtikidis
04-26-2010, 03:06 PM
It was safe. probably the smart thing to do.. If i were him, I'd go into hiding for the next two months. then after I finished the behavioral eval, I'd focus so hard on football that I'd make Tim Tebow seem lax.

skyhawk
04-26-2010, 03:08 PM
It was safe. probably the smart thing to do.. If i were him, I'd go into hiding for the next two months. then after I finished the behavioral eval, I'd focus so hard on football that I'd make Tim Tebow seem lax.

Go into exile like Yoda did! :tt1

phillyesq
04-26-2010, 03:08 PM

Exactly. Any statement of remorse can be easily twisted by a Plaintiff's lawyer as an admission that he did something wrong.

RuthlessBurgher
04-26-2010, 03:09 PM

He could even travel to third world countries doing missionary work and performing circumcisions.

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2009/01/06/PH2009010603561.jpghttp://www.mycoachisbetter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/tebow_missionary-300x224.jpg

JAR
04-26-2010, 03:09 PM
Ben should have just sung we are the Champions, sounds just like his statement.

I've paid my dues,
Time after time,

I've done my sentence,
But committed no crime,

And bad mistakes,
I've made a few,

I've had my share of sand kicked in my face,
But I've come through

birtikidis
04-26-2010, 03:11 PM

He could even travel to third world countries doing missionary work and performing circumcisions.

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2009/01/06/PH2009010603561.jpghttp://www.mycoachisbetter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/tebow_missionary-300x224.jpg
haha, he could start with you! you know, to get practice and all... lol

skyhawk
04-26-2010, 03:23 PM

Exactly. Any statement of remorse can be easily twisted by a Plaintiff's lawyer as an admission that he did something wrong.

I wasn't expecting a statement of remorse, but what about a statement of innocence and being pissed that he was wronged? Does that hurt anything? If I did nothing wrong and got hung for it by the media, i would be saying so.

skyhawk
04-26-2010, 03:24 PM

I wasn't expecting a statement of remorse, but what about a statement of innocence and being pissed that he was wronged? Does that hurt anything? If I did nothing wrong and got hung for it by the media, i would be saying so.

Snatch98
04-26-2010, 03:32 PM

Everyone know he wasn't charged. Arguing it just stirs up the media bees again, not that they have ever died down but you know what I mean. He did screw up so take the punishment and move on.

brothervad
04-26-2010, 03:37 PM
For those of you who think he should scream his innocence...that would be the worst thing to do.

He stated it and moved on...which is exactly what he should've donr.

This was a statement about contrition. The Art of War states it best

"The art of using troops is this:
......When ten to the enemy's one, surround him;
......When five times his strength, attack him;
......If double his strength, divide him;
......If equally matched you may engage him;
......If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
......And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
..........for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

Ben is numberically weaker here and the best thing for him to do is withdraw...

The Rooneys dont' want to see a defiant Ben, they want a contrite Ben anything else would spell his final days as a Steeler.

I have been one of his worst critics, but I am not his judge, I will support his efforts at redemption and hope for the best.

brothervad

SteelCrazy
04-26-2010, 03:43 PM

I've paid my dues,
Time after time,

I've done my sentence,
But committed no crime,

And bad mistakes,
I've made a few,

But I've come through

At the end of this next season we will be singing that entire song!

Because we are the champions of the............................................... .......!!!!!!!

Northern_Blitz
04-26-2010, 03:49 PM

Abstainance works better than the withdrawl method.

phillyesq
04-26-2010, 03:52 PM

A statement that he was innocent and PO'd would likely only PO the commissioner, and could lead to an even longer punishment.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-26-2010, 03:58 PM

Though I have committed no crime, I regret that I have fallen short of the values instilled in me by my family.

Here is his statement of innocence along with humility and acceptance.

ANPSTEEL
04-26-2010, 04:09 PM

I've paid my dues,
Time after time,

I've done my sentence,
But committed no crime,

And bad mistakes,
I've made a few,

But I've come through

Easy there Freddie Mercury

ikestops85
04-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Ben was chewed up and spit out like last month's leftovers. It was done by the media, the commissioner, the Rooney's and the fans. The man did nothing wrong but act like a douche. Please don't give me the Goodell crap that he is held to higher standards when you can't define what those standards are.

He will forever be known as a rapist because he did nothing to try and change that opinion during this entire episode. Had he tried he might have convinced some. Maybe he didn't try because he is a rapist. I don't know. What I do know is he is a wuss and I don't think he will lead us to any championships ever again. I don't think he has the stones for it anymore. It's a shame because he could have been great.

Go Steelers!!

cruzer8
04-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Ben was chewed up and spit out like last month's leftovers. It was done by the media, the commissioner, the Rooney's and the fans. The man did nothing wrong but act like a douche. Please don't give me the Goodell crap that he is held to higher standards when you can't define what those standards are.

He will forever be known as a rapist because he did nothing to try and change that opinion during this entire episode. Had he tried he might have convinced some. Maybe he didn't try because he is a rapist. I don't know. What I do know is he is a wuss and I don't think he will lead us to any championships ever again. I don't think he has the stones for it anymore. It's a shame because he could have been great.

Go Steelers!!

LOL! :lol:

:Clap

hawaiiansteel
04-26-2010, 04:32 PM

Abstainance works better than the withdrawl method.

you know what they call people who use the withdrawal method?

Parents...

ghettoscott
04-26-2010, 05:40 PM
...The Art of War states it best

"The art of using troops is this:
......When ten to the enemy's one, surround him;
......When five times his strength, attack him;
......If double his strength, divide him;
......If equally matched you may engage him;
......If weaker numerically, be capable of withdrawing;
......And if in all respects unequal, be capable of eluding him,
..........for a small force is but booty for one more powerful."

Nice reference Vad.

Mister Pittsburgh
04-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Why say anything at all if you aren't going to say anything? Just go take care of your business and come back a better person AND football player. Be the leader your lockerroom expects you to be. Be the Franchise QB who leads by example and doesn't need called out by LB'ers. Maybe this whole episode will show him that even though he is up on a pedestal, whether self positioned or placed there by others, he can very easily get knocked off of it and replaced (the replacement might not be as good, but replaced regardless).

fezziwig
04-26-2010, 06:48 PM
He must have run out of room on the back of the postage stamp he had written his speech upon.

Besides the short comments by Ben and I agree, "less said is best said" I feel he is being treated poorly with the six game suspension and especially since he wasn't found guilty.

Mister Pittsburgh
04-26-2010, 07:46 PM
He must have run out of room on the back of the postage stamp he had written his speech upon.

Besides the short comments by Ben and I agree, "less said is best said" I feel he is being treated poorly with the six game suspension and especially since he wasn't found guilty.

Just a question, and I don't know the answer, but here goes.....

If Ben paid the girl off, could the girls lawyer tell the DA this information?

If the DA knew this information, could the DA tell Goodell this information?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
04-26-2010, 08:08 PM
I read the statement before the comments.

I thought it was a good one, actually. Saying he didn't commit a crime; saying he knows that standard of behavior is not enough and that he fell short of his ideals; and that he will do better, never be in the same position again.

Works for me!

I'm still a Ben fan, and I will be as long as he doesn't do cr*p like this again. IMO, his only transgression was bringing shame on the Steelers - by doing things that aren't so great to do when you're 20 years old, but are stupid as F*** to do when you're a 28 year old 100-millionaire.

Just my :2c !

hawaiiansteel
04-26-2010, 08:49 PM
Ben's statement should have been:

"I'm 28 years old and love women and liquor. The skank followed me from bar to bar and was wearing a tag that said " DTF - down to f*ck"...

Sorry that i misread that..."

Dee Dub
04-26-2010, 09:40 PM

I've paid my dues,
Time after time,

I've done my sentence,
But committed no crime,

And bad mistakes,
I've made a few,

But I've come through

Because we are the champions of the............................................... .......!!!!!!!

Or he could be singing this one...

Every time that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone
It went by, like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way
Everybody's got their dues in life to pay

Yeah, I know nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody's sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life
Is in books' written pages
Lived and learned from fools and
From sages
You know it's true
All the things come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laugh, sing for the tears
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away, yeah

Yeah, sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laugh, sing for the tear
Sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Dream On Dream On Dream On
Dream until the dream come true
Dream until your dream comes true
Dream On Dream On
Dream On Dream On

SteelAbility
04-27-2010, 07:48 AM

I've paid my dues,
Time after time,

I've done my sentence,
But committed no crime,

And bad mistakes,
I've made a few,

But I've come through

How can that be when clearly we'll have grits again and come out no better than 6-10? :roll:

ikestops85
04-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Ben's statement should have been:

"I'm 28 years old and love women and liquor. The skank followed me from bar to bar and was wearing a tag that said " DTF - down to f*ck"...

Sorry that i misread that..."

LMAO!!

:Clap :Clap