PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger: Outside the lines

BURGH86STEEL
04-25-2010, 02:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/index

I knew about the rumors about being the last one in the building and first one to leave. Did not know that Porter ripped him. One reason why Porter was probably traded (new coach being the other one). I think Tomlin would had loved Porter. Did not hear about a gun to his head over some woman.

Interesting report. I hope that Ben gets the help he needs.

brothervad
04-25-2010, 02:38 PM
It's all gonna come down to him winning his teammates back again. I do believe that there is a contigent of that locker room that are as fed up as some of the fans are with Ben if not moreso.

I do believe that Mike Logan does get some inside locker room info that others do not get.

Fans booing, media asking dumba$$ questions and harping on Ben's past, is all fairly irrelevant.

If he wins the team back, as did Kobe in LA, the team will circle the wagons and make it an us vs the world.

That mentality has often worked well for teams and can work again.

just my .02

brothervad

BURGH86STEEL
04-25-2010, 02:52 PM
It's all gonna come down to him winning his teammates back again. I do believe that there is a contigent of that locker room that are as fed up as some of the fans are with Ben if not moreso.

I do believe that Mike Logan does get some inside locker room info that others do not get.

Fans booing, media asking dumba$$ questions and harping on Ben's past, is all fairly irrelevant.

If he wins the team back, as did Kobe in LA, the team will circle the wagons and make it an us vs the world.

That mentality has often worked well for teams and can work again.

just my .02

brothervad

Ben has to win more then his teammates back. He has to win over fans, the league, organization, and teammates. There is a lot of work involved to win all the of the above back. I think that Ben needs to do the necessary things on and off the field to win everybody back.

Ben's past will be relevant during his evaluation. I think his past will allow him to set goals to improve his behavior. Dropping or limiting the alcohol will be key.

I think Kobe learned from his incident. What is disturbing is that Ben continued with his behavior even though he had several warning signs a long the way. We have to hope that Ben will learn from his past.

proudpittsburgher
04-25-2010, 05:09 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, wait for the season to start, and wait for ben to start playing again. Assuming he stays out of trouble, of the 70 percent of the fans who are killing him right now, 20 or so will be back without him taking a snap once the season starts and people can focus on football. Add a few wins by the team, with Ben at the helm, 20 or 30 percent of those who still didn't welcome him back, will do so. Win in the playoffs, and most will forget this ever happened.

People are fickle. I am certainly not saying people shouldn't be mad at him now, they should and he has earned it, but these stories tend to linger a lot more in the offseason and people talk a good game while none are being played.

It's really simple, if ben stays out of trouble and plays the way he usually does, there will be no problem after this season, and certainly no one will listen to a backup running back who is looking for his share of the 15 minutes of fame he is getting while airing dirty laundry on ESPN. I'm sure Ben has a story or two to tell about Najeh.

feltdizz
04-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Proudpitt 99% of the fans will cheer Ben on the field regardless because he is a Steeler. The stories about Ben being a jerk aren't breaking news to any of us. I would be more surprised if Ben was a humble Tebow golden boy type given all the money and success he has had on the field for the most popular and loyal fan base in the world.

No one had a problem with Ben giving bitches shots until the civil suit. We don't care how crazy he gets as long as he doesn't jeopardize the Steeler season.

As far as Najeh is concerned... who cares because he isn't franchise. It may not be fair but no one gives a damn about lower tier players transgessions unless it's Ray Carruth type behavior. I don't like what Ben did because it hurt our chances to win...