PDA

View Full Version : Bryant McFadden receives 3-year extension

hawaiiansteel
04-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Bryant McFadden receives 3-year extension from the Steelers...

just heard it on the radio, will provide a link as soon as i can.

SteelerOfDeVille
04-24-2010, 05:22 PM

beat ya... in the bmac is back thread - lol

hawaiiansteel
04-24-2010, 05:27 PM

beat ya... in the bmac is back thread - lol

did they reveal any financial details?

NJ-STEELER
04-24-2010, 05:28 PM
ibeat both of ya on SN

:Cheers

hawaiiansteel
04-24-2010, 06:08 PM
i guess the idea of Willie Gay starting at CB again scared the Steelers straight...

Oviedo
04-24-2010, 06:19 PM
I think this might add some credibility to the Keenan Lewis to Safety rumors. We have lots of CBs right now.

Shawn
04-24-2010, 07:17 PM
3 years...7.5 million signing bonus 21 million guaranteed. :shock:

Ok...yes I'm joking...don't get your panties in a bunch. :D

fezziwig
04-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Bringing back B-Mac, Foote, Randell L seems odd. I'm glad they are all back and especially B-mack and Foote well, I guess ARE too.

How can you look at this or what is there to make of it ?

1.Colbert and coaches didn't know what they were doing and now they want these guys back ?

2. Now that these players have seen the league outside of Pittsburgh, they want to come home ?

3. Colbert and coaches haven't been able to evaluate talent and it has taken a season with out McFadden for them to realize, Gay is best at spot duties and not the starter they tried for ? Goes for the same with Timmons.

4. Doesn't it seem Timmons as a number one pick has taken too long to develope ? Here's a linebacker at number one for a team the should know linebackers, is built on linebackers and the guy is no better than any third, fourth , fifth round pick. Brian Hinkle was better than this guy and so was Jerry O and many other low level draft picks found the field faster than Timmons.

5. I'm glad we have some of our players back but it makes me wonder what the heck the front office is up to. A couple of seasons of lousy drafting can add a decade of no playoffs and 500 teams at best.

papillon
04-24-2010, 08:43 PM
i guess the idea of Willie Gay starting at CB again scared the Steelers straight...

the Steelers did just participate in the draft didn't they?

Pappy

papillon
04-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Faneca is available, why haven't they resigned him yet? He's the best ex-Steeler available. What the hell happened over the past 3 days?

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
04-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Bringing back B-Mac, Foote, Randell L seems odd. I'm glad they are all back and especially B-mack and Foote well, I guess ARE too.

How can you look at this or what is there to make of it ?

Each situation is unique.

Randle El was a #3 WR for us, but Dan Snyder offered him top dollar...money that would typically go to a #1 WR. There is no way we were willing to come close to that. It was a Godfather offer he couldn't refuse. Now he's back for reasonable money as a #3 WR again.

Foote fashioned himself a starter, and was upset that Timmons was taking playing time away from him. He also wanted to play in his hometown. Once he realized how much losing sucks, he came back to Pittsburgh, now happy to be a contributing backup on a winning team.

We actually offered McFadden a long term deal to stay here after the Super Bowl, but he accepted the shorter term deal from Arizona, figuring that he could cash in on a big free agent deal in a couple of years if he flourished as a top notch #1 CB. He gambled, and lost. Now he's back.