PDA

View Full Version : What position should have received more love in the draft?

RuthlessBurgher
04-24-2010, 05:01 PM
I know that we brought Clark back and signed Will Allen, but I'm surprised that we did not address safety at all (particular since many folks were enamoured with Earl Thomas for so long...and I wanted to trade up to get Eric Berry even).

I'm surprised no safeties were brought in with really only Troy, Clark, Allen, and Mundy there (unless they move Keenan Lewis there after bringing back Bryant McFadden and drafting Crezdon Butler). The way that Troy and Clark throw their bodies around with reckless abandon, being plagued with injuries at safeties is not out of the realm of possibility.

I would have like to have seen Barry Church from Toledo (6' 1.5" 222 lbs.) to compete with Mundy for the 4th safety spot behind Troy, Clark, and Allen.

Perhaps he'll be a priority UDFA for us if he does not come off the board in these last 8 picks.

hawaiiansteel
04-24-2010, 05:02 PM
definitely LB... :lol:

NJ-STEELER
04-24-2010, 05:03 PM
safety for sure

K lew has to be going there IMO

williar
04-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Saftey and Corner. Even with the addition of b-mac we still should have looked for a corner in the first three rounds. Ike, b-mac, Gay, are very average with no playmaking abilities.......

papillon
04-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Probably waiting to bring Ty Carter back to fill in on the Steeler reunion tour.

Pappy

hawaiiansteel
04-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Probably waiting to bring Ty Carter back to fill in on the Steeler reunion tour.

Pappy

if you want the whole band to get back together you gotta bring Deshea back too.

Steel Life
04-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Definitely defensive line....Colbert went on record saying that this was the deepest draft for DTs in years & the he doesn't select one until the 7th?!? Personally I'm pissed about this as let some quality players just slide by for some questionable picks. You want to see how teams can load up on talent, look at the Ravens & Dolphins - they took advantage of the depth of this year's draft...where we selected TWO smurf WRs, 3 LBs & a another OG (like we need another!). I know we picked up DLs last year but one was PS material & our starting line has only gotten another year older - it doesn't seem prudent to essentially ignore the quality & quantity of D-Linemen that were available now.

Shawn
04-24-2010, 09:31 PM
I agree about safety. I would love to bring in Coleman from the Buckeyes as a UDFA...tough kid...I think he could be quality depth.

papillon
04-24-2010, 09:37 PM

Pappy

if you want the whole band to get back together you gotta bring Deshea back too.

That would be a welcome sight, because at this point, Willie Gay is still the starting corner back. Deshea can get torched just as easily as Willie.

Pappy

MeetJoeGreene
04-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Defensive Tackle.

Followed by Safety (but I too am assuming they are moving Keenan into Safety)

flippy
04-26-2010, 10:52 AM
TE

frankthetank1
04-26-2010, 11:05 AM

Pappy

That would be a welcome sight, because at this point, Willie Gay is still the starting corner back. Deshea can get torched just as easily as Willie.

Pappy

i dont see how Bmac doesnt have the starting job to lose as of now. he was always solid as a steeler

frankthetank1
04-26-2010, 11:09 AM
i also wish we could of gotten a safety of a NT. hopefully they pick someone up that was not drafted. Even though hampton is locked up he is old and so is hoke. i would of rather have the steelers draft cody in the 2nd instead of wordlis but only time will tell.

steelerkeylargo
04-26-2010, 11:50 AM
I know that we brought Clark back and signed Will Allen, but I'm surprised that we did not address safety at all (particular since many folks were enamoured with Earl Thomas for so long...and I wanted to trade up to get Eric Berry even).

I'm surprised no safeties were brought in with really only Troy, Clark, Allen, and Mundy there (unless they move Keenan Lewis there after bringing back Bryant McFadden and drafting Crezdon Butler). The way that Troy and Clark throw their bodies around with reckless abandon, being plagued with injuries at safeties is not out of the realm of possibility.

I would have like to have seen Barry Church from Toledo (6' 1.5" 222 lbs.) to compete with Mundy for the 4th safety spot behind Troy, Clark, and Allen.

Perhaps he'll be a priority UDFA for us if he does not come off the board in these last 8 picks.

I think Bruce Campbell ran a faster 40 than Barry Church.

ikestops85
04-26-2010, 11:54 AM
I think center was the position we needed most and hopefully Pouncey fills that void. I am surprised we did nothing to bolster the safety position. Defensive line is the other position I thought would get more attention.

I am really surprised at all the love we have given to the WR position this off season. Between the free agents and the drafted players we have 4 guys added to WR. I'm not sure where they are going with this. It just seems like they signed/drafted some players just to be camp fodder.

SteelBucks
04-26-2010, 12:36 PM
I agree about safety. I would love to bring in Coleman from the Buckeyes as a UDFA...tough kid...I think he could be quality depth.

Philly drafted Coleman in the 7th round.

ramblinjim
04-26-2010, 12:36 PM
I thought they'd take Mount Cody in the second, him teamed up with Ngata over the next few years could be scary.

No D-linemen, no secondary. Should make things interesting come training camp.

RuthlessBurgher
04-26-2010, 01:22 PM
No D-linemen, no secondary.

We invested significant free agent dollars at those two spots by re-signing Casey Hampton and Ryan Clark and adding Will Allen.

We traded for CB Bryant McFadden during the draft.

We drafted CB Crezdon Butler and DE Doug Worthington.

We signed S Damon Cromartie-Smith and DT Cordarrow "Taco" Thompson as UDFA's.

Plus we should get more out of second year players Ziggy Hood, Sonny Harris, Keenan Lewis and Joe Burnett than we got out of them as rookies.