PDA

View Full Version : ? to Draft Experts...why no D-Line?

brothervad
04-24-2010, 04:41 PM
I just want to understand from your view why no D-line picks at all in the draft (ok 7th round pick hasn't been selected yet)?

Besides Ziggy I see it as old and frail--Again and Again we have seen when Aaron Smith is out there is a dropoff.

Is there any reason in your eyes that we selected 3 LB's and 0 DL?

thanks,
brothervad

Shawn
04-24-2010, 04:45 PM
I wanted us to grab another DE. I suppose it wasn't a dire need and BPA was never a DE.

Snatch98
04-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Just drafted Doug Worthington DT (OSU)

Lebsteel
04-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Kiesel, Hampton, Smith
Hood, Hoke, Harris

I guess six is good? Maybe McClendon as well?

calmkiller
04-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Ziggy Hood, Sunny Harris, Doug Worthington, Nick Eason

Lebsteel
04-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Just drafted Doug Worthington DT (OSU)
Cool...he has good size and my Buckeye friends have told me he was a very good player for them...

NJ-STEELER
04-24-2010, 04:56 PM
eason signed with us.

isn't bad out there

SteelerOfDeVille
04-24-2010, 05:02 PM
would have love an NT, but, not a reach for one, consider Hoke is there...

If you factor in BMac as a 5th rounder, this looks to be an outstanding draft.

MaxAMillion
04-24-2010, 05:02 PM
My guess is that the Steelers think Harris can be a player. If so, then you really don't need to draft a DL high in this draft. My only defensive concern is at safety. I am not sure Allen is good enough as the third safety. I was really hoping to see a safety drafted high. Obviously the Steelers viewed getting younger at LB as a more immediate need.

hawaiiansteel
04-24-2010, 05:04 PM
My guess is that the Steelers think Harris can be a player. If so, then you really don't need to draft a DL high in this draft. My only defensive concern is at safety. I am not sure Allen is good enough as the third safety. I was really hoping to see a safety drafted high. Obviously the Steelers viewed getting younger at LB as a more immediate need.

and they must be happy with Will Allen and Ryan Mundy...

maybe Keenan Lewis is moving to safety now that we've acquired B-Mac again?