PDA

View Full Version : Riddle Me This...

Jooser
04-24-2010, 02:28 PM
...Why draft three OLBs?

with needs at RB and DL, I am at a loss. Is one of them a project DE?

JAR
04-24-2010, 02:31 PM
...Why draft three OLBs?

with needs at RB and DL, I am at a loss. Is one of them a project DE?

Sylvester will be ILB.

Sylvester has been a highly productive player for the Utah defense over the past three seasons. He has a good frame to gain additional bulk and this should help his overall game at the next level. Sylvester is a high energy defender that has excellent instincts and is rarely out of position. He has some trouble taking on large lineman between the tackles and is best when covered up. Sylvester does a nice job maintaining leverage with proper angles and hand use to work through traffic. He has better range than his timed speed would indicate and gets to the pile often outside the hashes. Stevenson has excellent quickness, balance and agility in coverage but needs to improve his ability when in a blitz mode. Sylvester is an excellent collegiate football player that should eventually start in the NFL.

Djfan
04-24-2010, 02:33 PM
We picked up the RB from Georgia Tech, Jonathan Dwyer in the 6th.

I still don't get this draft. I guess the trust in the late round DBs and safeties was huge.

Jooser
04-24-2010, 02:47 PM
So, we draft an OLB as a project ILB, this after we brought back Foote. Next, Art II will be saying we need more production earlier out of our draft picks. Well, then stop drafting "projects"! Grrrr.

steeler_george
04-24-2010, 03:24 PM
So, we draft an OLB as a project ILB, this after we brought back Foote. Next, Art II will be saying we need more production earlier out of our draft picks. Well, then stop drafting "projects"! Grrrr.

Although he did say that, we always had to groom our LBs for the job. I don't think that any rookie ILB, would be able to jump ahead of any of them (Foote, Fox, Timmons and Farrior) to get playing time, even if he was a complete ILB.

The kid is a play maker.