PDA

View Full Version : Ben to make a statement Monday

SteelCrazy
04-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Posted by Mike Florio on April 24, 2010 10:48 AM ET
Hoping not to overshadow the 2010 NFL draft, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has remained silent regarding his six-game suspension.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Roethlisberger will "make a statement" on Monday.

Frankly, if Roethlisberger will be reading words someone else wrote, it would be better if his lawyer or agent simply issue a written statement. We've seen enough of Roethlisberger reciting from a script; unless and until he's ready to open up and speak without a net, it would be better for him not to talk at all.

profootballtalk.com

rpmpit
04-24-2010, 11:47 AM
I've been saying this to my family and friends. I just want to hear him tell his side of the story. No prepared statements - just him talking. I understand that his lawyers are going to coach him, but I really need to believe that he's sorry and he's going to try and change his behavior.

Shawn
04-24-2010, 12:31 PM
He will be limited in what he can say for legal reasons. He can still be prosecuted and has a civil suit pending. He won't give details. But, he can visually and through his words show remorse...real remorse and a desire to get better. He can own his actions, accept whatever punishment is given and do the things he needs to do to improve as a human being. I don't think we want to know the details. I don't need to hear how he got drunk and thought it was a good idea to bang a stranger in a club bathroom.

NJ-STEELER
04-24-2010, 12:33 PM
think i read its gonna just be a statement.

no cameras or mics

cruzer8
04-24-2010, 12:36 PM
He will be limited in what he can say for legal reasons. He can still be prosecuted and has a civil suit pending. He won't give details. But, he can visually and through his words show remorse...real remorse and a desire to get better. He can own his actions, accept whatever punishment is given and do the things he needs to do to improve as a human being. I don't think we want to know the details. I don't need to hear how he got drunk and thought it was a good idea to bang a stranger in a club bathroom.

Allegedly.

JAR
04-24-2010, 01:05 PM
The thing is, Ben wasn't suspended for the assault allegations. So hearing his side on that, probably isn't going to happen. Goodell agreed with the DA, he was suspended for the alcohol issue.

“I recognize that the allegations in Georgia were disputed and that they did not result in criminal charges being filed against you,” Goodell said in a statement. “My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. ...

“There is no question that the excessive consumption of alcohol that evening put the students and yourself at risk. The Personal Conduct Policy also states that discipline is appropriate for conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players. By any measure, your conduct satisfies that standard.”

MaxAMillion
04-24-2010, 01:16 PM

Allegedly.

Has it been refuted? I would think that Roethlisberger would easily deny drinking and trying to have sex if that never happened. Why on earth would you wait to deny this if it wasn't true? I have never heard of any guy not screaming from the rooftops that he never had sex or attempted to have sex with a woman who is accusing him of rape.

cruzer8
04-24-2010, 01:24 PM

Allegedly.

Has it been refuted? I would think that Roethlisberger would easily deny drinking and trying to have sex if that never happened. Why on earth would you wait to deny this if it wasn't true? I have never heard of any guy not screaming from the rooftops that he never had sex or attempted to have sex with a woman who is accusing him of rape.

Do you know with 100% certainty that there is no valid reason (legal or otherwise) why he hasn't?

I'm not a lawyer and don't pretend to know why things happen the way they do, but I'm smart enough to realize there could be several reasons (good and bad) why.

It makes no sense to assume. That's what the unintelligent and uninformed do all the time. And then they frequently eat a lot of crow as a result.

NJ-STEELER
04-24-2010, 02:11 PM
AA maybe?

fordfixer
04-24-2010, 03:05 PM
anyone know what time this is to happen?

Slapstick
04-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Posted by Mike Florio on April 24, 2010 10:48 AM ET
Hoping not to overshadow the 2010 NFL draft, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has remained silent regarding his six-game suspension.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Roethlisberger will "make a statement" on Monday.

Frankly, if Roethlisberger will be reading words someone else wrote, it would be better if his lawyer or agent simply issue a written statement. We've seen enough of Roethlisberger reciting from a script; unless and until he's ready to open up and speak without a net, it would be better for him not to talk at all.

profootballtalk.com

Says Mike Florio, a paragon of morals and integrity... :lol: