PDA

View Full Version : The GOOD NEWS!!!

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
I to was a little down about our draft...feeling better for a few reasons.

#1 We are sticking with Ben and we did not trade him which means we have a SB winning, franchise QB for the next 5-7 years. We may have to suffer with him next year with the media then it will all be forgotten and we can move on with more SB victories.
(Can you imagine if we would of traded him?)

#2 Mayock raved about Sanders, saying he resembles Tory Holt, that he is gritty and fights for every yard.
The other guy on NFL Network loved Worilds for us: saying he is a football player, loves the game and is tough as nails. Both guys spoke the worild on both guys!

#3 Pouncey sustains our O-Line (Starks,Kemo, Hasting,Pouncey, Colon)

#4 They must really like Keenan Lewis and Burnett.

#5 We have 7 picks left (one of them has to hit)

birtikidis
04-23-2010, 11:05 PM
who has mayock talked badly about yet?
I think we found guys that fit our style of play and that build for the future.. which is the steeler way.

Oviedo
04-23-2010, 11:16 PM

#1 We are sticking with Ben and we did not trade him which means we have a SB winning, franchise QB for the next 5-7 years. We may have to suffer with him next year with the media then it will all be forgotten and we can move on with more SB victories.

#2 Mayock raved about Sanders, saying he resembles Tory Holt, that he is gritty and fights for every yard.
The other guy on NFL Network loved Worilds for us: saying he is a football player, loves the game and is tough as nails. Both guys spoke the worild on both guys!

Would you be insinuating that our organization actually knows what they are doing even though they don't post on this message board? You are treading on dangerous ground!!!

Shawn
04-24-2010, 01:15 AM
All I know is Tomlin didn't consult me...therefore this draft is a bust.

hawaiiansteel
04-24-2010, 01:16 AM
All I know is Tomlin didn't consult me...therefore this draft is a bust.

i could have looked up anything he needed to know in my draft magazines...

anger 82&95
04-24-2010, 08:00 AM

My thoughts exactly...

flippy
04-24-2010, 08:16 AM
It reminds me of a few years ago when we desparately needed OLinemen and didn't draft them when some good ones seemed like they were there for the taking.

Discipline of Steel
04-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Congratulations to the FO for very effectively hiding their true intentions on draft day from the rest of the worild!
:tt1 :tt1

rpmpit
04-24-2010, 08:25 AM
It reminds me of a few years ago when we desparately needed OLinemen and didn't draft them when some good ones seemed like they were there for the taking.

Hasn't that been pretty much every year for the past 5 years??

Lebsteel
04-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Congratulations to the FO for very effectively hiding their true intentions on draft day from the rest of the worild!
:tt1 :tt1
I remember a post a few weeks ago, by maybe, Chadman, that said the Steelers really liked Worilds. I think it was right after his pro day when he ran the 4.49. Sanders visited the same day as Earl Thomas. Maybe they had those two go against each other and Sanders came out on top??

Edit:
No, it was Hawaiian who reported the Steelers were really impressed with Worilds at his pro day:

hawaiiansteel wrote:the Steelers were reportedly very impressed with Jason Worilds' workout - they seem to be interested in drafting a 3-4 OLB in this draft.

from the gbn report -

The workout at Virginia Tech is finished and junior defender Jason Worilds impressed the scouts on hand. He improved his 40 time from the combine, running twice in the low 4.5-second area. His short shuttle time of 4.08 seconds was terrific. Worilds, who measured just over 6-foot-1 and 254 pounds at the combine, was put through defensive line drills by the Carolina Panthers and linebacker drills by the Pittsburgh Steelers. Today's performance could help him sneak into the final stages of round two.
Lebsteel replied: Yea, but would we ever rotate Worilds with Harrison and Woodley? I think we need to wait until at least Rd. 5 for a backup OLB prospect.
I call a big DOH! for me! :lol: :lol: