PDA

View Full Version : The Make A Wish Kid

Jigawatts
04-23-2010, 02:13 PM
It's a shame the kid had is wish somewhat spoiled by a few a-holes in the audience. They
seemed to lay off the "she said no" chant and applaud once they realized what was going
on, but this is just a small sample the of ignorant stuff that's going to happen. :(

NW Steeler
04-23-2010, 02:15 PM
There is no shortage of a-holes in this world. I did enjoy the enthusiastic USA! USA! USA! chant though.

flippy
04-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Goodell should move the draft away from NY to a part of the country where people have manners.

He does want to protect the shield of the NFL, right?

cruzer8
04-23-2010, 02:25 PM
People are idiots.

~~

I'm not sure why the draft can't be held in a different NFL city every year. Think of the revenue and attention it would bring to the host cities.

ghettoscott
04-23-2010, 02:53 PM
is that what they were saying? eeeesh, this is going to be a long year.....

Jigawatts
04-23-2010, 02:59 PM
is that what they were saying? eeeesh, this is going to be a long year.....

I couldn't find a video anywhere except on tmz towards the bottom of the page.
http://www.tmz.com/

SteelBucks
04-23-2010, 03:01 PM
The kid did a great job. Although I wish he had a pen on him and crossed out Pouncey and wrote Bulaga as the pick. :)

ghettoscott
04-23-2010, 03:03 PM
a little of topic here, but the reaction from McCoy and the hug with Goodell on stage was pretty freakin sweet. THAT's how you react when you get drafted...Suh seemed mad...(granted he is going to the Lions, but still)

ghettoscott
04-23-2010, 03:10 PM
it would be freakin' sweet if the Nation reached out to that kid somehow....

costanza2k1
04-23-2010, 03:24 PM
People are idiots.

~~

I'm not sure why the draft can't be held in a different NFL city every year. Think of the revenue and attention it would bring to the host cities.

Agreed, it should start next year in Sacramento!

NJ-STEELER
04-23-2010, 03:25 PM
did you see some of the mugs in that audience.

i'll be suprised if a girl has ever said yes to one of them

hawaiiansteel
04-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Goodell should move the draft away from NY to a part of the country where people have manners.

how hypocritical was it of the NFL to trot Lawrence Taylor out there as one of the NFL Greats? exactly how many times did Lawrence get busted for smoking crack?

ANPSTEEL
04-23-2010, 03:48 PM
a little of topic here, but the reaction from McCoy and the hug with Goodell on stage was pretty freakin sweet. THAT's how you react when you get drafted...Suh seemed mad...(granted he is going to the Lions, but still)

on that point-

talking w/ friends last night- we wondered why the teams always call the player right before they draft him??

I think it would be much more entertaining to have a live shot of the guy right as he finds out.

Can you imagine Suh standing up there??

the look of utter disappointment on his face as he finds out he is going to be playing for Detroit??

That would be priceless.

:lol: :lol:

Sugar
04-23-2010, 03:53 PM

how hypocritical was it of the NFL to trot Lawrence Taylor out there as one of the NFL Greats? exactly how many times did Lawrence get busted for smoking crack?

They had Jim Brown up there too and his transgressions have been the stuff of legend.

As for the kid, I loved the fact that he was a Steelers fan with a Hines Ward jersey from the Bengals own backyard (Florence, KY).

He should have said "with the 18th pick in the 2010 draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Kyle Wilson"

Goodell (in a whisper)- "um, the card says Markice Pouncey"

Kid- "but I want Wilson and it's my wish!" :lol:

papillon
04-23-2010, 04:00 PM
I hope he gets to announce tonight's picks as well.

Pappy

The Man of Steel
04-23-2010, 04:07 PM
People are idiots.
If you think that New York fans can behave like a bunch of arrogant buttheads just think how horrible the spectacle would be in Philadelphia.

AngryAsian
04-23-2010, 04:13 PM
I think for every well behaved sports enthusiast of any given team, you have armies of rabid buffoons who paragons of poor behavior. I think the kid was well composed.

pittpete
04-23-2010, 05:06 PM

Im from NY, I have manners.
When I drink I tend to do and say stupid things.
Maybe its the alcohol and not so much the people.
Our QB is a current example of that.
:stirpot :stirpot :stirpot :stirpot :stirpot

hawaiiansteel
04-23-2010, 05:09 PM

Ben is rich, famous, 28 years old and likes women and liquor -

he just hasn't learned how to handle the above yet...

pittpete
04-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Pittpete was once 28 years old, and he liked women and liquor.

Come to think of it now that Im 40, I still like women and liquor.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

flippy
04-23-2010, 05:14 PM

sorry. didn't mean to offend any of the good people in ny. just those obnoxious guys that seem to show up at every single draft.

they may have been browns fans for all i know.

heck, i've seen some dofuses down in the south where people are supposed to be nicer. sorry to generalize. not intended by me.

pittpete
04-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Hey np, those Jet fans can be a little obnoxious when they drink :brownssuck

fordfixer
04-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Shrewd move by NFL cuts down on cruel chant before Steelers' pick in NFL draft
http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... fl-draft/1 (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/04/shrewd-move-by-nfl-cuts-down-on-cruel-chant-before-steelers-pick-in-nfl-draft/1)

Commissioner Roger Goodell announced most of the picks at the podium during the first round of the NFL draft Thursday.

Notably, he didn't announce the Steelers' pick.

Fans in Radio City Music Hall started chanting "she said no" when it came time to announce the Steelers' pick at No. 18. It was in response to the six-game suspension Goodell handed down to Pittsburgh QB Ben Roethlisberger on Wednesday for violating the league's personal-conduct policy.

A 20-year-old woman in Georgia accused Roethlisberger of sexual assault last month. But a local DA declined to prosecute.

The fans likely would have continued their chant if Goodell had approached the podium alone to read the Steelers' pick.

Instead, he brought out 16-year-old Zachary Hatfield, a Steelers fan the Make-A-Wish foundation had brought to the draft.

Goodell introduced Hatfield, and the chanting stopped. Hatfield got the pleasure of announcing Maurkice Pouncey as the Steelers' pick.

Shrewd move by the NFL to thwart the fans' expressions. But a bad omen for Roethlisberger for whenever he returns to an NFL field. -- Sean Leahy

RuthlessBurgher
04-23-2010, 11:09 PM
They chanted it again when Goodell brought out Rod Woodson to announce our second round pick tonight.